Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641001 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

concerned in Brasil

Europe

#480671 Oct 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not debating you or anyone else! I just enjoy watching you make "a fool of yourself" every time you post something!!!
LOL ROFL this is fun.

There are no absolutes but then there would be one.

Your truth is not necessarily my truth but then we would have one truth in common for sure and the statement is false.

By posting I am not debating with you you are debating me.

FOOL

At least you are a humorous one never the less Fool, 7th feet under and still digging, are you gonna go for 8 ft?
truth

Australia

#480672 Oct 7, 2013
Please tell me..how its look be fool?!
Fun funny..cry and pray..or perhaps just press tiny chips..then good by!

Who dear God?
Who can do that dear God?
My God can't be liar!
no

n
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#480673 Oct 7, 2013
Another reason the RCC is false

THE ALLEGED INFALLIBILITY OF THE PAPACY
One of the most treasured doctrines of the Roman papacy is that of infallibility. Catholicism argues that when the pope speaks as the head of the universal church, and thereby exercises his “supreme” authority, he cannot make a mistake. Pope Pio IX established the doctrine of papal infallibility in 1870. In light of this relatively recent doctrine, the question begs to be asked: What about the other popes who exercised their power before 1870? The answer can be presented as follows:

…a dogma is an eternal truth that the Church did not invent but rather “discovered,” which, however, all of the other popes have been subject to it without knowing it (Infaliblidad, n.d., emp. added).

Nevertheless, history speaks strongly against this doctrine. For example, Pope Honorius I (625) bore (after his death) the title of “heretic” for having stood in agreement with the doctrine of monotheletism (the doctrine that acknowledged two distinct natures within Christ, but only one divine will). He was censured by the sixth ecumenical council, and later even by the seventh and the eighth (Constantinople III, 680; Nicea II, 787; and Constantinople IV, 869). Pope Leo II recognized the doctrinal error of Honorius, and for many centuries, the popes, in their enthronement, were required to swear that “they rejected the heresy whose ferment was introduced by Honorius”(see Hermosillo, n.d.). Another pope, Eugenius IV (1431), condemned Joan of Arc to be burned at the stake for considering her to be a participant of witchcraft, though Benedict XV canonized her as a “saint” on May 16, 1920 (see Infalibilidad Papal, n.d.). Other popes, like Paul III, Paul IV, Sixtus IV, Pio IX, et al., authorized, promoted, incited, and reinforced the “Holy” Inquisition for which the late Pope John Paul II had to apologize worldwide.

cont...
truth

Australia

#480674 Oct 7, 2013
'it is written'
Love your God with mind and heart!
then
Someone asked;'how many Masters lords and god you have?'!

its exist many parallel universe under loving Power..
one sensor in within..

'good by dear God'

Who is liar?
truth

Australia

#480675 Oct 7, 2013
Excuse me please dear accuser!

Are you for sure holy scripture is not perfect describe all calling name and accuse?

God is not liar!

God don't need accusers.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#480676 Oct 7, 2013
hope this does not come up twice first seems a no go.

cont... from above

The same John Paul II (1978-2005) gave a fatal blow to the doctrine of infallibility. In opposition to the declarations of other popes and of Catholic doctrine itself, this pope declared:

The Spirit of Christ uses other churches and ecclesial communities as means of salvation (1979, 4.32).

People outside the Catholic Church and the Gospel can attain salvation by grace of Christ (1990, 1.10).

People can be saved by living a moral life, without knowing anything about Christ and the Catholic Church (1993, 3).

There is sanctification outside the boundaries of the Catholic Church (1995, 1.12).

The martyrs of any religious community can find the extraordinary grace of the Holy Spirit (1995, 3.84).

Furthermore, concerning the erroneous concept of organic evolution, on October 22, 1996, Pope John Paul II declared that “new knowledge has led to the recognition of the theory of evolution as more than a hypothesis”(see “John Paul II,” 1996). But if evolution is to be considered more than merely a hypothesis, Adam disappears! Ultimately, then, how can it be, as Catholics allege, that humanity carries the sin of the first man? Should we not say, instead, that humanity carries the “sin” of the last primate from which we “descended”(as if primates could sin!)? Many other examples could be given, but surely the few points mentioned in this brief study provide sufficient evidence to warrant us discarding Roman Catholic doctrine. Certainly the doctrine of papal infallibility has caused, and continues to cause, many people to accept false doctrines such as original sin, the assumption of Mary, the canonization of saints, the “factuality” of evolution, and even papal infallibility itself—doctrines that are completely lacking in any biblical foundation.

What is certain is that when Pio IX declared that the pope was infallible, with the same “infallibility” that he pretended to have, he gave his final “infallible” stamp of approval for his declaration of the infallibility. Though this seems to be a jumble of words, this is exactly what happened. However, while Pio IX declared that the Pope was infallible, Adriano VI (another presumably infallible pope), declared in 1523:

It remains above all doubt that a Pope can err even in subjects touching the faith. He does this when he teaches heresy by his own judgment and decree. In truth, many roman pontiffs were heretics (as quoted in Sapia, 2000, emp. added).

So, then, Catholicism arrives at a problem in that two popes, allegedly both possessors of the same “infallibility,” affirm self-contradictory positions. How could one pope, who is supposedly infallible, condemn his own infallibility and that of others? If Pio IX was correct, Adriano VI made a mistake; and if one makes a mistake, then none of the popes can be infallible since the doctrine of infallibility supposedly involves all of the popes. Therefore, the only conclusion at which we can arrive from the history of the popes and their evident contradictions is that the doctrine of papal infallibility is unmistakably false.

for the full article.

Apologetics Press :: Scripturally Speaking

The Pope, the Papacy, and the Bible
by Moisés Pinedo www.apologetics.org

truth

Australia

#480677 Oct 7, 2013
You can't make God rich or Powerful.
My God know all my weakness.
My God is Strong Omnipresent.

Dear God if someone have that sensor I mean as ecclesiastical power..what you will do dear God?!

I love my God..I hope when I died someone have that chips as program as key.

it is written
-never put God under test
n
truth

Australia

#480678 Oct 7, 2013
he is not me that john 2
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo
did you know that evil wicket people put me in hospital 2005
usud my body soul on that INRI.
Is that crime?
corupt evil people cover up..

Your Law is not my law as never be!

I am as I am.

Do you need mental documents?

go see corupt organization who used my name in vain as well why they try cover up..

Is that crime?

yes it isssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssss

by
n
truth

Australia

#480679 Oct 7, 2013
serve your evil not me..

I am as I am..

corupt evil people try act in name of evil corupt document as accusersssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssss

one sensor finish

yep

What deference between zenzo and sensor?
zenzo is fun funny
sensor can't mist
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

n
truth

Australia

#480680 Oct 7, 2013
Dear God where is that cylinder?
Why that don't have sense?

n
truth

Australia

#480681 Oct 7, 2013
Are you for sure you can cover up that corupt document and crime?
Its fun funny for you!
Are you for sure its funny?
a yeeee
no
Its not fun funny!!
A yee!!
E its not fun funny!!!
A yee fun funny!!!
E its not fun funny!!!!
A yee fun funny!!!!!!
E .. its not fun funny!!!!!!

n

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#480683 Oct 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
What God is offering you is Son-ship...
a personal relationship ...AS A FATHER WITH HIS SON
This begins by being SPIRITUALLY regenerated...from a sinner to a saint..
BY BEING BORN OF THE SPIRIT...NEW BIRTH..
GENEVA COMMENTARY DATED 1611
John 3:3
(2) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot (d) see the (e) kingdom of God.
(2) The beginning of Christianity consists in this,
that we know ourselves not only to be corrupt in part,
but to be wholly dead in sin:
so that our nature has need to be created anew,
with regard to its qualities,
which can be done by no other power,
but by the divine and heavenly, by which we were first created.
(d) That is, "go in", or "enter", as he expounds himself below in (Joh_3:5).
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
(e) The Church: for Christ shows here how we come to be citizens
and
to have anything to do in the city of God.
~~~

Are you still held within the tomb of the flesh ...

God WANTS YOU TO BE resurrected/translated into newness of life.

GOD'S IS THE ONE

Col_1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

IF YOU CAME BY FAITH FROM YOUR TOMB OF DARKNESS

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

THERE SHOULD BE A CHANGE OF MASTER ..IN ONE THAT HAS RECEIVED CHRIST AS HIS SAVIOR..

WHEN YOU ARE BORN AGAIN YOU....

Col 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Col 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

Col 3:7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

Col 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

Col 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

YOU SHOULD LIVE AS A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS.

A DIFFERENT SPECIE

Eph 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

REGENERATED...BORN AGAIN of the SPIRIT....

Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

ALL THE ABOVE COMES TO YOU

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#480684 Oct 7, 2013
The Rosary is at the heart of a "Christ-centered prayer". It has all the depth of the gospel message in its entirety.

The purpose of the rosary is to help us meditate on the great mysteries of our salvation. Pius XII called it a compendium of the gospel. The main focus is on Jesus—his birth, life, death and resurrection. The Our Fathers remind us that Jesus' Father is the initiator of salvation. The Hail Marys remind us to join with Mary in contemplating these mysteries. They also make us aware that Mary was and is intimately joined with her Son, as an intercessory, in all the mysteries of his earthly and heavenly existence. The Glorys remind us that the purpose of all life is the glory of the Trinity.

The rosary appeals to many, in its simplicity! The constant repetition of words helps create an atmosphere in which to contemplate the mysteries of God to help our focus on Christ's presence, His forgiveness and Mary's intercession in prayer. We sense that Jesus and Mary are with us in the joys and sorrows of life. We grow in hope that God will bring us to share in the glory of Jesus Eternal Salvation forever.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#480685 Oct 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And by the way are you Christians aware that Heaven will be right here on earth? The Lord God Himself, when all is finished is coming right here to good old terra firma earth to reside FOREVER. Scripture tells us that Mt. Zion is His most favorite place in all the universe. Ya heard me?
Wrong, Tony!

The time will come when we will leave this physical world behind and enjoy the fullness of the heavenly kingdom, but for now we are living on earth as foreigners or sojourners.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#480686 Oct 7, 2013
2 Peter 1:10-1

10 Therefore, my brothers and sister make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#480687 Oct 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, Tony!
The time will come when we will leave this physical world behind and enjoy the fullness of the heavenly kingdom, but for now we are living on earth as foreigners or sojourners.
Hebrews 11:16

16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—<<<a heavenly one.>>> Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God,~~~for he has prepared a city for them.~~~
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480688 Oct 7, 2013
Did the Roman Catholic church give us our Bible?
by Matt Slick

Roman Catholics often say that it was their church that gave us the Bible. They sometimes claim this when defending their "Sacred Tradition" so that they might support extra-biblical teachings such as purgatory, penance, indulgences, and Mary worship. They often say the only way the Christian church knew what books are to be included in the Canon of Scripture was because it was revealed by word-of-mouth in the early church; that is, by the tradition of the Catholic Church.

Unfortunately, this argument implies that tradition is superior to Scripture. Of course, we are not saying that the Roman Catholic church teaches that tradition is above Scripture. But when Sacred Tradition is claimed to be the thing by which Scripture is given, then tradition is inadvertently the thing that gives blessing and approval to the Bible. Heb. 7:7 says, "But without any dispute the lesser is blessed by the greater." The unfortunate psychological effect of saying that Roman Catholic tradition is what gave us the Bible, is that it elevates their tradition to a level far greater than what is permitted in Scripture. In fact, it is contradicted by scripture:

"Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that in us you might learn not to exceed what is written, in order that no one of you might become arrogant in behalf of one against the other," (1 Cor. 4:6).

cont....
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480689 Oct 7, 2013
The Bible tells us to obey the Word of God, to not go beyond the written Word (1 Cor. 4:6). Unfortunately, the problem with an elevated status of Roman Catholic church tradition is that it results in various justifications of it's non-biblical teachings such as prayer to Mary, purgatory, indulgences, penance, works of righteousness, etc. Because it has deviated from trusting God's Word alone, it has ventured into unscriptural areas. Nevertheless, did the Roman Catholic Church give us the Bible? No, it did not.

First of all, the Roman Catholic Church was not really around as an organization in the first couple hundred years of the Christian Church. The Christian church was under persecution and official church gatherings were very risky in the Roman Empire due to the persecution. Catholicism, as an organization with a central figure located in Rome, did not occur for quite some time, in spite of its claim they can trace the papacy back to Peter.

Second, the Christian Church recognized what was Scripture. It did not establish it. This is a very important point. The Christian Church recognizes what God has inspired and pronounces that recognition. In other words, it discovers what is already authentic. Jesus said "my sheep hear my voice and they follow me..." (John 10:27). The church hears the voice of Christ; that is, it recognizes what is inspired and it follows the word. It does not add to it as the Roman Catholic Church has done. Therefore, it is not following the voice of Christ.

Third, the Roman Catholic Church did not give us the Old Testament which is the Scripture to which Christ and the apostles appealed. If the Roman Catholic Church wants to state that it gave us the Bible, then how can they rightfully claim to have given us the Old Testament which is part of the Bible? It didn't, so it cannot make that claim. The fact is that the followers of God, the true followers of God, recognize what is and is not inspired.

Fourth, when the apostles wrote the New Testament documents they were inspired by the power of the Holy Spirit. There wasn't any real issue of whether or not they were authentic. Their writings did not need to be deemed worthy of inclusion in the Canon of Scripture by a later group of men in the so-called Roman Catholic Church. To make such a claim is, in effect, to usurp the natural power and authority of God himself that worked through the Apostles.

Fifth, the Scripture says, "But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, 21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God," (2 Pet. 1:20-21). The Bible tells us that the Scriptures are inspired by the Holy Spirit. Therefore, the very nature of the inspired documents is that they carry power and authenticity in themselves. They are not given the power or the authenticity of ecclesiastical declaration.

cont...
truth

Australia

#480690 Oct 7, 2013
truth

Australia

#480691 Oct 7, 2013
Lord will rebuked my enemy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 5 hr Electric-Blue 42
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr I recently left 10,093
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric 17 hr Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? Mon naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) May 13 Michael 671
More from around the web