Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,696
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#480104 Oct 4, 2013
Has anyone ever conceded in in argument in Topix.Has anyone ever said "You know youre right. I changed my mind"? That would be truly historic.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#480105 Oct 4, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Can you please explain "self" to me.I see you post that in reply to other posts at times.
Start here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self

I'm actually surprised you hadn't done this yourself.

Herme seems like a pretty smart guy, he could probably add a few things also.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#480106 Oct 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it pertains to a certain Seinfeld episode called "The Contest".
Typical Catholic reasoning.

*winks*
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480107 Oct 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Alreadythen. I guess I worship idols because you said so. Are you sure you have the same spirit that Peter and Paul had? Because you just falsely accused me. Seems to be the foundation of evangelicalism....bearing false witness.
Those idols you say we worship are called 'heroes'. They ran the race before us. By design, no human walks alone, so they are our family and Jesus' family. You guys made it YOU, Jesus, your Bible and dismiss His family. You cut down His family tree when you eliminate the communion of Saints. Then you damn yourself by falsely accusing us of worshiping them.
If you are a practicing RC you bow before graven of images you believe represent Mary a created being, who in fact was created by the 2nd person in the Trinity who we call Jesus since the incarnation. You offer prayers to her which biblically is an act of worship, you assign divine qualities to her. You put her in the place of Jesus who biblically is our mediator to the Father and none other is needed and to use another is Idolatry.

So I don't say you are an Idol worshiper the Bible and your actions do.

you say your duck is a hero LOL

but it still quacks like a duck
fly's like a duck
quacks like a duck etc
rename it all you want the bible has defined it before your "Heros"
were ever alive.

Its quite simply to see if you open your eyes.

Albuquerque, NM

#480108 Oct 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay "
No Pope has ever said, "Roman Catholic Church only true Church".
Anyway, scripture doesn't infallibly interpret itself. It takes an infallible body to interpret it.
Also, Jesus never left us with a list of Books to include in the future Christian Bible. Therefore, it took an infallible group to sit down and compile the list. Unfortunately for you, it was a Pope and other Bishops from the Catholic Church.
----------
Headline of this page today:
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
An infallible group ??? God alone is infallible!
KM
"God alone is infallible!"

By your own words you admit men cannot define this entity, yet you follow the texts written by by to define this entity.

Hypocrite or dishonest person - you can figure it out.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#480109 Oct 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your correct!! I am no better than any other Catholic or Protestant! But I choose to worship, believe, and adhere (each day) in the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FAITH in Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church because I know that it is a gift from Jesus Christ to HIS Church......... Despite your judgmental arrogance toward me and my Catholic Faith AND the Catholic Church,----- the Eucharist and Confession do not make me any holier than others..... It is a Grace from God that HE gives us, an opportunity to reconcile, each of us Catholic Christians WITH HIM. For those non-Catholics that debunk and attempt to "poo poo" it!!---Fine----it is their choice, but I have no intention of remaining silent, while Protestants and other non-catholics beligerently persist in attacking, condemning and judging our Catholic Faith, doctrine and teaching!!! If they "truly believe" their religion is the truth---then "go live it" and quit "ripping the faith of others, especially Catholics....However, the fact is "we all know they won't do that, because they would rather live in a world of "private judgmental" Christianity, where their "personal opinion" is the final authority!!!!!
~~~

YOU WROTE
I choose to worship, believe, and adhere (each day) in the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FAITH in Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church

____

FAITH DEFINED IN GREEK

G4102
&#960;&#953;&#769; &#963;&#964;&#953; &#962;
pistis
pis'-tis
From G3982; persuasion, that is, credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; abstractly constancy in such profession; by extension the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself:- assurance, belief, believe, faith, fidelity.

I HAVE NO FAITH IN YOUR CHURCH ..

It does not meet the above criteria

My FAITH ALONE is in GOD...THROUGH HIS SON CHRIST JESUS...

Mar 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

YOUR CHURCH MISREPRESENTS GOD...

IT HAS NO

credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God,) AS a religious INSTITUTION

Albuquerque, NM

#480110 Oct 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The highest majority of Catholics in our parish of 2200 parishioners who personally know me and "know of my conversion from "bible only Protestantism to Jesus Christ, to the Catholic Faith and to the Catholic Church would "overwhelmingly" say YES!!!....... Since you don't believe in the TRUE FAITH and SALVATION in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS Catholic Church, nor have any pews to sit in, sitting next to your anti-catholic fictitious history books and modernistic "21st century" list of heretical bible authors and writers is (no doubt) what keeps you company...... Can't very well verbally argue with a "paper back" book, because books can't verbally argue back.(lucky for you)!!
Stop being so prideful. I wasn't asking you.

You've just completed "Sin #1".

*pats you on the back*
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#480111 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
I choose to worship, believe, and adhere (each day) in the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FAITH in Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church
I HAVE NO FAITH IN YOUR CHURCH ..
It is NOT MY CHURCH! It is Jesus Christs One True Church! AND SO
if you have no faith in Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church ---then you (no doubt) have no faith in Jesus Christ "either"!!! WHY!! Because Jesus and HIS CHURCH are one!!!! In Matthew 16, Our Lord says "upon this rock I will build "MY" Church!!!!!!!!! Like I (and others) have told you before, You, confrinting (do not speak) for God or Jesus Christ, and NEVER have!!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#480112 Oct 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop being so prideful. I wasn't asking you.
You've just completed "Sin #1".
*pats you on the back*
Thanks! I'll go back to confession!!!!

#480113 Oct 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is NOT MY CHURCH! It is Jesus Christs One True Church! AND SO
if you have no faith in Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church ---then you (no doubt) have no faith in Jesus Christ "either"!!! WHY!! Because Jesus and HIS CHURCH are one!!!! In Matthew 16, Our Lord says "upon this rock I will build "MY" Church!!!!!!!!! Like I (and others) have told you before, You, confrinting (do not speak) for God or Jesus Christ, and NEVER have!!!!
~~~

THERE SHOULD BE NOTHING BETWEEN A PERSON AND GOD

ANY MORE THAN THEIR SHOULD BE ANOTHER PERSON....LAYING THE BED BETWEEN A

MAN AND HIS WIFE...

2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

GOD DON'T TEACH A PROXY RELATION BETWEEN HIM AND HIS BRIDE
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#480114 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
GOD DON'T TEACH A PROXY RELATION BETWEEN HIM AND HIS BRIDE
Jesus Christs BRIDE is HIS CHURCH, of which Paul in letter to Timothy 3:15 tells us that THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!....There is ONLY ONE TRUTH, not 42,000 bible only Protestant (contradicting and inconsistent truths.....Your bible only ministry is just "one more" of those "relative truth" conflicting denominations in which YOUR OWN PERSONAL OPINION----"is the final authority.......... God is NOT THE AUTHOR of "relative truth" (self interpreting confusion) of HIS WORD in the bible!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#480115 Oct 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your correct!! I am no better than any other Catholic or Protestant! But I choose to worship, believe, and adhere (each day) in the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FAITH in Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church because I know that it is a gift from Jesus Christ to HIS Church......... Despite your judgmental arrogance toward me and my Catholic Faith AND the Catholic Church,----- the Eucharist and Confession do not make me any holier than others..... It is a Grace from God that HE gives us, an opportunity to reconcile, each of us Catholic Christians WITH HIM. For those non-Catholics that debunk and attempt to "poo poo" it!!---Fine----it is their choice, but I have no intention of remaining silent, while Protestants and other non-catholics beligerently persist in attacking, condemning and judging our Catholic Faith, doctrine and teaching!!! If they "truly believe" their religion is the truth---then "go live it" and quit "ripping the faith of others, especially Catholics....However, the fact is "we all know they won't do that, because they would rather live in a world of "private judgmental" Christianity, where their "personal opinion" is the final authority!!!!!
You are doing the same thing as "they" are an hiding behind a defense excuse to justify your behavior.Best way to show others how you are in your faith is to show them by your actions not your typing skills....Again....the Eucharist should not be used as a weapon for ANYONES pride...no one is asking you to be silent. But there is a different way to defend the faith without Pride
Clay

United States

#480116 Oct 4, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a practicing RC you bow before graven of images you believe represent Mary a created being, who in fact was created by the 2nd person in the Trinity who we call Jesus since the incarnation. You offer prayers to her which biblically is an act of worship, you assign divine qualities to her. You put her in the place of Jesus who biblically is our mediator to the Father and none other is needed and to use another is Idolatry.
So I don't say you are an Idol worshiper the Bible and your actions do.
you say your duck is a hero LOL
but it still quacks like a duck
fly's like a duck
quacks like a duck etc
rename it all you want the bible has defined it before your "Heros"
were ever alive.
Its quite simply to see if you open your eyes.
True, if bow before any image that I believe is a god or believe Mary and the saints are gods/idols/divine, then I'm going to hell. That's why I would never think of these things or people as gods. I confess there is but only one God and I worship Him in the Holy Trinity.
The sad part is, I know you are aware of this, but you believe you found an 'out' by taking the first commandment out of context. You've convinced yourself God can be jealous of Mary or an image of Mary holding the infant Jesus. Absurd!
Let your pride and arrogance and words stand before God someday. Oh wait, you're so arrogant, you believe you don't have to stand before Him. You're good to go. You did an alter call and became saved for good!
You might need your yellow highlighted KJV in the next world to show Jesus how He is wrong about your scripture interpretations!!

#480117 Oct 4, 2013
who="Hermeneutics Smutics" Has anyone ever conceded in in argument in Topix.Has anyone ever said "You know youre right. I changed my mind"? That would be truly historic.

---------

Right! It would even be 'Christian'.
KM

#480118 Oct 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christs BRIDE is HIS CHURCH, of which Paul in letter to Timothy 3:15 tells us that THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!....There is ONLY ONE TRUTH, not 42,000 bible only Protestant (contradicting and inconsistent truths.....Your bible only ministry is just "one more" of those "relative truth" conflicting denominations in which YOUR OWN PERSONAL OPINION----"is the final authority.......... God is NOT THE AUTHOR of "relative truth" (self interpreting confusion) of HIS WORD in the bible!!!
~~~

Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh;

but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS MANY (PROXY'S) BETWEEN IT AND CHRIST

COMMITTING MANIFOLD SPIRITUAL ADULTERY AND FORNICATION...

WITH PRIEST SAINTS. PATRON SAINTS ...MARY (the Mother of Jesus) ETC

THE CHURCH SUPPOSED TO BE THE BRIDE OF CHRIST...

AND
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#480119 Oct 4, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You are doing the same thing as "they" are an hiding behind a defense excuse to justify your behavior.Best way to show others how you are in your faith is to show them by your actions not your typing skills....Again....the Eucharist should not be used as a weapon for ANYONES pride...no one is asking you to be silent. But there is a different way to defend the faith without Pride
You are confusing pride, with "CONVICTION", which is a product of spiritual insight, discernment, perseverence and firm belief. Again, the Eucharist is a gift of Gods Grace from Jesus Christ HIMSELF.....By accepting the Eucharist everyday and proclaiming it as the TRUE BODY and Blood of Christ (in which non-catholics REFUSE to believe it) is (in no way) using it as a weapon. Just because Catholics believe it and Protestants "refuse to" has absolutely (no relevance what-so-ever) in your claim that I am using it as a weapon!!(Everyone has that choice)...It's like saying "I accept and proclaim Jesus Christ every day as Lord and Savior and you say" I don't"!! so how is that using "what I profess" as a weapon........ It is a proclamation of faith...... Sorry Seraphima but you are WRONG!! If I am incorrect, I will take it up with a priest, not with someones "opinion" on this forum, which is "loaded with personal opinions" most of them anti-catholic!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#480120 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh;
but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS MANY (PROXY'S) BETWEEN IT AND CHRIST
COMMITTING MANIFOLD SPIRITUAL ADULTERY AND FORNICATION...
WITH PRIEST SAINTS. PATRON SAINTS ...MARY (the Mother of Jesus) ETC
THE CHURCH SUPPOSED TO BE THE BRIDE OF CHRIST...
AND
Confrinting---you are at it again!! Listing a bunch of bible verses, interpreting (or better yet, mis-interpreting the meaning based on your own (PERSONAL)"pre-determined anti-catholic hostility, vengeance and vidictiveness, arriving at some distorted conclusion regarding the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church and what it TRULY TEACHES and then "throwing out" more of your blatant and ridiculous attacks with regard to Saints, Mary, Adultery and God know "what other bible only "dirt" you can dig up.........This is very typical of you Confrinting!..... When you are "backed up" against the wall, with the TRUTH of 2000 years of biblical and historical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church, EVERY TIME, you show that you have NOTHING to stand on, except your own "anti-catholic hate and hostility, distorting the truth against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS CHURCH!!! Sad!! So very sad!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#480121 Oct 4, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
In other words the Muslims have a book. We have a Living Person
Because just by chance someone is born Muslim and practices the Islamic faith they are not going to be saved, but because by CHANCE you were born to the right belief you will be saved?

I don't think any loving God would work that way....if that is what you are implying.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#480122 Oct 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Confrinting---you are at it again!! Listing a bunch of bible verses, interpreting (or better yet, mis-interpreting the meaning based on your own (PERSONAL)"pre-determined anti-catholic hostility, vengeance and vidictiveness, arriving at some distorted conclusion regarding the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church and what it TRULY TEACHES and then "throwing out" more of your blatant and ridiculous attacks with regard to Saints, Mary, Adultery and God know "what other bible only "dirt" you can dig up.........This is very typical of you Confrinting!..... When you are "backed up" against the wall, with the TRUTH of 2000 years of biblical and historical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church, EVERY TIME, you show that you have NOTHING to stand on, except your own "anti-catholic hate and hostility, distorting the truth against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS CHURCH!!! Sad!! So very sad!!
I have to give you credit HOJO. You attend mass daily, while MOST other catholic posters ONLY attend SUNDAYS and HOLY DAYS of obligation, only! because they are REQUIRED to. They are referred to as social catholics.

You are the real deal.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#480123 Oct 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church brought the Gospel to the world with no tv; no internet, no published Biints in our history. This is Our Lordecond God wills for Evangelicals to convert Catholics into
Protestantism. Of ation by God, perhaps. I'm not pretending to know His ways, but it would seem logical to use certain men where they are at. Evangelicals have done great things pulling people out truth? Probably not, but it doesn't matter when someone is so messed up. At least they were shown by the evangelical pastor how to turn their lives to Christ, allowing Jesus to work in their hearts. That's how I see it... God definitely has worked with protestants where they are at. I believe His will is for you to not stay out there in Protestantism though.
Ok .the ROOTS OF .your Church and the Orthodox were the earliest ORGANIZED CHURCH ..though here were others out here spreading God's word

Whatever part the,Church played in the middle,ages,...SOMETHING WAS,WRONG big time if folks,were,being tortured for Faith .

Jesus,never said thaT to Peter or any one else,.

Something Obviuisly had to change ...they were not meant to be Caesar
Or make,Caesars,

The,CHURCH is,no longer Kingmaker....thank God ,..maybe that was,one of the,good things that came out of the Reformation.

I'm NOT a,Protestant .

I'm a,born again Christian woman .

No one called me out of a Church .

The,Spirit called me TO JESUS,and His,redeeming blood .

Every soul that heard,God's,word through the,non Catholic Church
Was by God's,will ..

This,country because,of Christians,...was,turned to God by NO STATE,
RELUGION ..hat had been the case,for centuries,.

WITH NO KINGS,..it was,more,JESUS less,..I'm afraid,of the King .who until Henry was,dictated to by Rome .

I believe this country would not have grown as strong and faithful with only Catholics spreading he word in colonies founded by Spain or France .

GOD KNEW EXACTLY WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN ..

I agree,since the sixties this country has become more secular .

It was a purposeful thing as,is the,political direction .

Look up Clow ard ..don't the,sixties along with the name, PE VIN .

so we,are,struggling all if us,.

No one ..least of all me denies the good done by the RCC ..And keeping scripture together is one ..

Let me say ..believe it or don't .

When I was young there MIGHT BE A FAMILY BIBLE in the house .

BUT EVERY CATHOLIC HAD CATECHISM. AND MISSAL ..if hey had any instruction...not personal bible's .

I'm glad the CC NOW,has,real actual BIBLE study ..so some of us rubbed off on you ..

But when you guys talk on here if I did not belie e differently ..I'd swear you think the RCC under he POPE had some monks make the bible up out of stories passed down by. Tradition ..if that's true we are all in trouble

If Jesus actually said in Johns hearing that gospel of salvation ..
You all should have more respect FOR THE ACTUAL WORD OF CHRIST and hat we believe it .

Delve as,far as you want ..he simple passages,are simple in your BIBKE and mine ..WHY.

JESUS,WENT naming he regular people .

He could argue scripture with the priests ..But his message was to the PEOPLE ..no priests ..I personally think he : add EHAT RELIGION COULD AND HAD BECOME...something hidden that only he priests could interpret ..I don't think that's what HE WANTED FOR THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH ..

Men telling others what HE SAID ..WHAT HE DID ..disciples ..not priests and hierarchy ...

But that is whAt evolved ..And He used your Church greatly ..not saying He didn't .

But I think He Said TO THE RCC enough ..during the middle ages ..And the Inquisition in HIS NAME might have been the last straw .

Out of he Reformation came New disciples ...human ..imperfect ..But
One way or another with HIS WORD ..He allowed a,new way to spread it ALONG WITH THE OLD .

that's how I see it ..any way ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 5 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE