Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688384 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#480375 Oct 5, 2013
who="RoSesz"
The idea. Cause as much pain as possible ..the Senate will not allow children's,services etc passed by the house .
As the whit house aid says they are winning .
Reed was he did nit care if the kids got medical care.
If so was the clergy ..I'd rent a hall. Have a,non denominational service for any one who wants ..
First amendment
.no interference with religion...it's politics,and secularism run amok.
This they should fight esp since they ate NON MILITARY ...IMO

---------
Where is our backbone???
KM

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#480376 Oct 5, 2013
European Aussie wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me about it... I tried to explain this to her, but she seems to think the bible is a short order cooks notes, that can be changed whe Rose feels like it. She is quite ignorant to respond to me too. We all have a right to an opinion.
Its quite simple,'so it is written so it will be done.'
For instance as far as I am concerne there is no grey are where homosexuality is concerned with the Catholic faith. I don't care how right societies values and trends think they are or how many lefties push fo it, my Church will never accept it.
By the way. Whoever you are .....who on this name I never debated ..on the question of the post I made ON ANOTHER THREAD ..about Homosexuals .going to Catholic AND OTHER CHRISTIAN CHURCHES

HERE'S,one list
http://www.newwaysministry.org/GFP.html

I know,we have one Catholic church THST is,their hem. And another where I have seen them ..

Whatever else in their lives,..they worship at Church

Peace whoever...
Michael

Canada

#480377 Oct 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ge 1:1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
There is no reference point as to when in history this creation occurred....
If heaven is suppose to be Gods spiritual world, where was God before he created heaven? What was the purpose of God for all time before if there was nothing?
The bible is full of contradictions and half or non truths......check it out.
In the bible when a discrepancy occurs then one has to wonder where does the fiction stop, and where does the truth begin?
Catholics/Protestants all use the very same inspired words of God to practice their own conflicting doctrines from the very same book.
UNBELIEVABLE!......AND BUSTED!
Michael

Canada

#480378 Oct 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="RoSesz"
The idea. Cause as much pain as possible ..the Senate will not allow children's,services etc passed by the house .
If so was the clergy ..I'd rent a hall. Have a,non denominational service for any one who wants ..
First amendment
---------
Where is our backbone???
KM
Don't you believe individuals should be practicing what they believe? Maybe you are religious and someone else is secular. Should everyone be like you?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480379 Oct 5, 2013
who="RoSesz"
First amendment
---------
Where is our backbone???
KM
It's,politics,..some are,trying to stand up..others,KNOW they have the power so no help for any one ...not the kids,..not the veterans,..the house has,passed bills,to help.them ..Harry reed and he white house want PAIN. Blame game .

And,any Christian should have voted,with a conscience ...IMO.

However I'm betting ...shut down or no ..some clergy would find a way...to have services,..or they should
House church ??? Whatever....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480380 Oct 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you believe individuals should be practicing what they believe? Maybe you are religious and someone else is secular. Should everyone be like you?
I said the government should not STOP THE PRACTICE OF RELIGIONS..
nor force any one to practice.

It says,they are not asking for pay ..just to have MASS,..WHY NOT ....it's petty

I'm getting the preachers,on this,thread,would find a way to have services....

Just saying ..

NO ONE FORCED ANY ONE TO ATTEND...

ATHEISTS,HAVE CHURCHES..asking to be treated as,religion
Ministers,are,ordained ..etc ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480381 Oct 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way. Whoever you are .....who on this name I never debated ..on the question of the post I made ON ANOTHER THREAD ..about Homosexuals .going to Catholic AND OTHER CHRISTIAN CHURCHES
HERE'S,one list
http://www.newwaysministry.org/GFP.html
I know,we have one Catholic church THST is,their hem. And another where I have seen them ..
Whatever else in their lives,..they worship at Church
Peace whoever...
And those,listed at least here,ARE,just gay friendly REGULAR ,parishes,

There,are,also expressly gay CATHOLIC Churches,.

And non CATHOLIC ones,also .
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480383 Oct 5, 2013
marge wrote:
John 10:1
"Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.
John 10:3
The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
John 10:7
Therefore Jesus said again, "Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep.
Interesting you quote this as the Bible in these verses clearly teaches Jesus opens the gate and calls the sheep to him and to God but RC Mary dogma's teachings makes Mary the gate keeper she opens the gate to Jesus to God the Father.

Great verses that prove the RCC is not the one.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#480384 Oct 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And those,listed at least here,ARE,just gay friendly REGULAR ,parishes,
There,are,also expressly gay CATHOLIC Churches,.
And non CATHOLIC ones,also .
Any church that would do this and claim they are Catholic is in direct defiance of the church and it's teachings. The disease of Protestants infecting elements of the church is one that the Apostles themselves had to deal with. The bible is full of protestors. The church welcomes those who wish to deny engaging in homosexuality. It does not welcome defiance and promotion of values contrary to the church.

Pope Francis was recently alleged to have welcome this, but his excumminication of a priest about a week ago who was advocating for same sex marriage says no. In context his statement was talking about those who struggle with homosexuality who in compliance with church teachings reject it are not judged. Open retaliation is another thing entirely. The church is very clear on this matter and perhaps one of the few voices left. The church has its tares, but the teachings of the church are not what some may choose to accept on their own terms. They may believe this, but there is a protestant church for them as that is what they are.

About 25 college students and community members at St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville, Minn., were denied communion by Twin Cities Catholic Archbishop John C. Nienstedt because they were displaying rainbow buttons and sashes in protest of the church’s stand on gay relationships.[The students turned the moment of Holy Communion into a protest against not merely the particular minister of Communion - Archbp. Nienstedt - but against the Church's teaching. The story says "stand", using political terms. The Church has a teaching. If you do not accept the Church's teaching about the immorality of homosexual acts... if you do not accept the Church's teaching that marriage is only between one man and one woman... then you have no business receiving Holy Communion. When you approach the the minister of Communion (not just anyone, but the Metropolitan Archbishop) openly displaying a symbol that manifestly shows that you are protesting the Church's teaching, you are openly showing that you should not be receiving Communion. Therefore, the minister of Communion, the Archbishop was obliged not to give them Communion. If Communion should not be received, and that is clear, then Communion should not be given. Students knew that. They did this to provoke the controversy.]

#480385 Oct 5, 2013
who="Michael"
If heaven is suppose to be Gods spiritual world, where was God before he created heaven? What was the purpose of God for all time before if there was nothing?
In the bible when a discrepancy occurs then one has to wonder where does the fiction stop, and where does the truth begin?
Catholics/Protestants all use the very same inspired words of God to practice their own conflicting doctrines from the very same book.

----------
Cheer up, Michael. God is omni-present...everywhere. He has always been, and will always be. Astronomers are seeing galaxieS (not just one).

The Bible has no contradictions...just talks about things of which our knowledge is imperfect. Some of them are pretty simple, if you read carefully. For instance, one account says that the children of Israel left Egypt after 430 years, but God told Abraham that they would be in bondage there for 400 years.

Truth was that the first 30 years they were there, they were not in bondage. Joseph was respected by Pharaoh, "but (after 30 years) there arose a Pharaoh that knew not Joseph." He put the Israelites in bondage for 400 years.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#480386 Oct 5, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at any tire and tell me where it begins and where it ends...and you will answer your own unbeliever's question...

#480387 Oct 5, 2013
who="Michael"

-------
I believe that we should practice what is RIGHT. Do you want to live in slavery because you are over-run by those who think that YOU should serve THEM?

KM

#480388 Oct 5, 2013
who="RoSesz"
It's,politics,..some are,trying to stand up..others,KNOW they have the power so no help for any one ...not the kids,..not the veterans,..the house has,passed bills,to help.them ..Harry reed and he white house want PAIN. Blame game .
And,any Christian should have voted,with a conscience ...IMO.
However I'm betting ...shut down or no ..some clergy would find a way...to have services,..or they should
House church ??? Whatever....

----------
Agree...they should...and will...find a way. But it will take backbone, and will likely get painful.

KM

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480389 Oct 5, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Any church that would do this and claim they are Catholic is in direct defiance of the church and it's teachings. The disease of Protestants infecting elements of the church is one that the Apostles themselves had to deal with. The bible is full of protestors. The church welcomes those who wish to deny engaging in homosexuality. It does not welcome defiance and promotion of values contrary to the church.
Pope Francis was recently alleged to have welcome this, but his excumminication of a priest about a week ago who was advocating for same sex marriage says no. In context his statement was talking about those who struggle with homosexuality who in compliance with church teachings reject it are not judged. Open retaliation is another thing entirely. The church is very clear on this matter and perhaps one of the few voices left. The church has its tares, but the teachings of the church are not what some may choose to accept on their own terms. They may believe this, but there is a protestant church for them as that is what they are.
About 25 college students and community members at St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville, Minn., were denied communion by Twin Cities Catholic Archbishop John C. Nienstedt because they were displaying rainbow buttons and sashes in protest of the church’s stand on gay relationships.[The students turned the moment of Holy Communion into a protest against not merely the particular minister of Communion - Archbp. Nienstedt - but against the Church's teaching. The story says "stand", using political terms. The Church has a teaching. If you do not accept the Church's teaching about the immorality of homosexual acts... if you do not accept the Church's teaching that marriage is only between one man and one woman... then you have no business receiving Holy Communion. When you approach the the minister of Communion (not just anyone, but the Metropolitan Archbishop) openly displaying a symbol that manifestly shows that you are protesting the Church's teaching, you are openly showing that you should not be receiving Communion. Therefore, the minister of Communion, the Archbishop was obliged not to give them Communion. If Communion should not be received, and that is clear, then Communion should not be given. Students knew that. They did this to provoke the controversy.]
Wow,...it's all us,..Lol.

First off ...just about CatholiCS.

There,is one CatholIC Church specifically says,it's,alternative ..welcomes,others not welcome by regular ChurCh....caters to the gay community evidently...a,few,like that on my search ..I'm sure they have mostly gay parishioners,

I have seen gays,at another Church I have Been to ..Regular old Church..they Dont card people,at the door ..But I saw,couples I'd,seen at the grocery .

THIS, list is,different ..traditional Catholic Churches were gays are welcome..so they say

On this list I see one listed where I went to grade school.

The first Parish actually in our city since the forties ..my grandmas,CHURCH.

NOTHING OF PROTESTANT .ABOUT IT THAT I KNOW,..masses at Normal Times,listed

YOU people see something you don't like
Has to be protestant ...sorry some,PROT denominations,
Are,strict traditional

SOME NOT ..obviously same for CATHOLic

Now there are some alternate non Catholics churches ..I have no idea,what's,different as,I don't go to one,

Also Protestant Churches s gay person would NEVER go to ..nor be wwelcome.

My only point on his,was to he poster ..whoever .

Gay people TO CHURCHES .....EVEN TO YOURS,.

#480390 Oct 5, 2013
When We All Get To Heaven and sing along! REVISED
ROMAN CATHOLIC VERSIONS
Sing the wondrous love of MARY
Sing HER mercy and His grace.
In the mansions bright and blessed
SHe'll prepare for us a place.
Refrain:
When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see MARY,
We'll sing and shout the victory!
While we walk the pilgrim pathway,
Clouds will overspread the sky;
But when traveling days are over,
Not a shadow, not a sigh.
Refrain:
When we all see MARY,
Let us then be true and faithful,
Trusting, serving every day;
Just one glimpse of HER in glory
Will the toils of life repay.
Refrain:
When we all see MARY,
Onward to the prize before us!
Soon HER beauty we'll behold;
Soon the pearly gates will open;
We shall tread the streets of gold.
Refrain:
When we all see MARY
-
~~~

One needs to think about how he can be brainwashed into accepting unacceptable situations.

Propaganda does not only take the form of lies and deception.

It can also work by encouraging us to treat something as truth

when,... in fact,.. the fables are a threat/real danger to the final

fate of their eternal soul.

As the led that was used in making the drinking cups of

Napoleon Bonaparte.... brought about insanity and ultimate death...

Lies mixed into the faith of a deceived individual can cause spiritual

insanity and eternal separation from God,....in a burning hell.

The end (THE WORSHIP OF MARY AND OTHER IDOLS )is evidently worth the means to the

wilfully blind...

THEY HAVE BEEN WARNED...
Sherlayne

Sparta, NJ

#480393 Oct 5, 2013
keltec 9mm wrote:
Valkyrian Ride:
Roman Catholic church the only true church, huh? Well, if the pope knew anything about history, he'd know that, although Martin Luther was German, the biggest followers of the protestent beliefs were the dutch and the english (I am both). And they kicked catholic butt. And if you go to Holland (Netherlands) even today, the catholics are not welcome there. So keep saying thing like that, pope, and we'll kick your a** AGAIN.>>>>
So who would want to be English or Dutch anyway? One sounds worse than the other. As an added note the nazis made medallions and coins of Martin Luther who was a virulent anti- semitic.
A rather arrogant thing to say, but consider the source. It's hardly an objective view.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#480394 Oct 5, 2013
----------
Cheer up, Michael. God is omni-present...everywhere. He has always been, and will always be. Astronomers are seeing galaxieS (not just one).
The Bible has no contradictions...just talks about things of which our knowledge is imperfect. Some of them are pretty simple, if you read carefully. For instance, one account says that the children of Israel left Egypt after 430 years, but God told Abraham that they would be in bondage there for 400 years.
Truth was that the first 30 years they were there, they were not in bondage. Joseph was respected by Pharaoh, "but (after 30 years) there arose a Pharaoh that knew not Joseph." He put the Israelites in bondage for 400 years.
KayMarie
Yes my friend, the Bible has many contradictions especially looking into the Gospels. Why is it that everyone have a different account of the Resurrection?! And another thing, in Genesis we understand that there were only 4 people in the beginning but one was slain by his brother. Where did this wife of this brother come from, U know, the wife he supposedly fled with?!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#480395 Oct 5, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text> Yes my friend, the Bible has many contradictions especially looking into the Gospels. Why is it that everyone have a different account of the Resurrection?! And another thing, in Genesis we understand that there were only 4 people in the beginning but one was slain by his brother. Where did this wife of this brother come from, U know, the wife he supposedly fled with?!
Read police reports witnesses accounts from different people who viewed the same event. Invariably the accounts differ in various details. Identical witness accounts can raise doubts regarding collusion. Discrepancies in Gospels accounts of the resurrection actually lends credibility to them.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#480396 Oct 5, 2013
Regarding term : "Fathers of the Church"
(never confused as gods or with "God the Father"

fa•ther The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

4. A MAN WHO CREATES, ORIGINATES, OR FOUNDS SOMETHING: CHAUCER IS CONSIDERED THE FATHER OF ENGLISH POETRY.

7. AN ELDERLY OR VENERABLE MAN. USED AS A TITLE OF RESPECT.

8. A MEMBER OF THE SENATE IN ANCIENT ROME.

9. ONE OF THE LEADING MEN, AS OF A CITY: THE TOWN FATHERS.

v. fa•thered, fa•ther•ing, fa•thers
v.tr.
3. TO CREATE, FOUND, OR ORIGINATE.
A. TO ATTRIBUTE THE PATERNITY, CREATION, OR ORIGIN OF.
father [&#712;f&#593;&#72 0;š&#601;] n Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged

2. A PERSON WHO FOUNDS A LINE OR FAMILY; FOREFATHER
5. A MALE WHO ORIGINATES SOMETHING THE FATHER OF MODERN PSYCHOLOGY
6. A LEADER OF AN ASSOCIATION, COUNCIL, ETC.; ELDER A CITY FATHER
7. BRIT THE ELDEST OR MOST SENIOR MEMBER IN A SOCIETY, PROFESSION, ETC. FATHER OF THE BAR
8.(HISTORICAL TERMS)(OFTEN PLURAL) A SENATOR OR PATRICIAN IN ANCIENT ROME
2. TO CREATE, FOUND, ORIGINATE, ETC.
4. TO ACKNOWLEDGE ONESELF AS FATHER OR ORIGINATOR OF
fa•ther (&#712;f&#593; š&#601;r) Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary n.

4. ANY MALE ANCESTOR; FOREFATHER; PROGENITOR.
5. a man who gives paternal care to others; protector or provider.
6. A PERSON WHO HAS ORIGINATED OR ESTABLISHED SOMETHING.
7. A PRECURSOR, PROTOTYPE, OR EARLY FORM.
8. ONE OF THE LEADING MEN IN A CITY, TOWN, ETC.
11. A TITLE OF RESPECT FOR AN ELDERLY MAN.
14. TO BE THE CREATOR, FOUNDER, OR AUTHOR OF; ORIGINATE.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary,© 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#480397 Oct 5, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Read police reports witnesses accounts from different people who viewed the same event. Invariably the accounts differ in various details. Identical witness accounts can raise doubts regarding collusion. Discrepancies in Gospels accounts of the resurrection actually lends credibility to them.
Obviously U ignore the major inconsistencies in the Gospels. If U were a detective and were given the gospels and Cap said to find out exactly what happened, U wouldn't be able to put together a concrete scenario of events based on what is provided. For anyone who says that this is the word of God, verily I say unto thee that there would be only 1 account of events written and not 4, agree?! Even so that if the disciples had word or even witnessed the events, they had ample time together as they reconvened as U could imagine that during this time the story of the account was recounted and therefore only one account could have risen from that circle which had ti have been the true account. But yet we have 4 and are told to believe everyone as the truth!! Something's wrong with that man!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web