Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600085 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#480092 Oct 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I use the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession), weekly (often daily) as a sinner, in order to make amends with God Our Father, and HIS Son Jesus, through the power of the Holy Spirit, especially (for patience and forgiveness in dealing with those of you who "willfully attack, condemn and judge" the faith of ALL of US Catholics and our personal faith and salvation in Jesus Christ!!
Stop bragging and practice what you preach!....you do the same thing under the banner that your defending your church. Just because you go to confession and get communion daily makes you no better than any other catholic or protestant under the eyes of God if you act out on your sins.WE are ALL guilty of sinning.Going to confession and getting communion is a Holy Mystery and should NOT be used as a weapon for someones PRIDE to show what a Holier Than Tho Christian you are compare to others. You have a much better chance of being people to your faith by setting an examples....
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480093 Oct 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The cherry picking of the Church fathers is done by your side. You flat out ignore the most damning aspects of their writings, and you embrace some that only appear to validate the fundie theology.
There were disagreements among the Church leaders in every decade since 33 AD. There are still disagreements today too. This is all the more reason why Christ installed a Church and not a list of Books. Anthony is right, you guys are very arrogant to think you know more about the Ministry of Jesus Christ than Ignatius and Clement- who walked, ate and slept beside the Apostles. When they speak of what the Church and Eucharist is, than THAT is what the Church and Eucharist are.
You have no authority to show up 2,000 yrs later, and undo what these men taught. You're just a dude with a fairly new printed Bible that contains SOME of what SOME of the Apostles wrote.
BTW further to my last post

Evangelical Christians and that is what I am, I am not a Protestant per say that is the name the reformation RC's gave those who disagreed with the RCC we have always been Evangelical, in English Gospel speakers.(Of or according to the teaching of the gospel or the Christian religion.)

All Evangelicals believe in the Church and its necessity in the formation of doctrine,and the testing of doctrine. That is the role of the body of Believers in Christ Jesus i.e. the Church. One of its many functions.

WE evangelicals just don't agree on historical and biblical grounds that the RCC is the one true church. It is not.

The RCC in its arrogance and pride has ignored the Spirit, the Word of God and isolated itself from the Church and that is why the RCC sect has been lead so far astray.
Clay

United States

#480095 Oct 4, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW further to my last post
Evangelical Christians and that is what I am, I am not a Protestant per say that is the name the reformation RC's gave those who disagreed with the RCC we have always been Evangelical, in English Gospel speakers.(Of or according to the teaching of the gospel or the Christian religion.)
All Evangelicals believe in the Church and its necessity in the formation of doctrine,and the testing of doctrine. That is the role of the body of Believers in Christ Jesus i.e. the Church. One of its many functions.
WE evangelicals just don't agree on historical and biblical grounds that the RCC is the one true church. It is not.
The RCC in its arrogance and pride has ignored the Spirit, the Word of God and isolated itself from the Church and that is why the RCC sect has been lead so far astray.
RCC Roman RCC Roman Roman Roman. Blah Blah.

Tell me, do you have hatred towards the Byzantine Catholic, Syrian, Coptic, Ethiopian Catholic, Orthodox Catholic? Or is your hatred focussed soley on the diocese of Rome and the Roman rite Mass?
Clay

United States

#480096 Oct 4, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not only arrogant but dumb
The HOLY SPIRIT is alive and functioning as he did in 33AD with the same SPIRIT THAT IS OMNIPOTENT OMNISCIENT and speaking to those he dwells in today leading them teaching them in all Jesus taught just as Jesus promised when he left.
I walk with the same Spirit in me today as Peter did, I make mistakes as great as he did and sin as great as he did.
My calling clearly is not the same as his, but I am his equal in Spirit that is for sure. The bible tells me so, his role was chosen not because he is better than me, Paul's life clearly was not before he was called. It was only because it pleased the Father. That is good enough for me, I am not jealous or think he is greater than I or any Church Father.
I am sure they look at the age we live and marvel at how life has changed and God chose us for this time because it pleases him.
At my finger tip I have access to first 300 years of early church fathers something they could never have imagined when they walked on earth.
YOU make dead Men Idols and make graven images of them and worship them, by bowing before statues of them and pray to them, I do not, I bow before no man no pope especially something made in the likeness of someone nobody knows what they looked like when they were alive. Your man made acts of worship are ABSURD, Peter would never allow it the Bible declares it, nor would Paul the Bible tells us so.
But here is the RCC's conundrum , it claims Unanimous early church fathers believing the same, but HISTORY shows this claim to be false.
Yes you can quote early church fathers that shot down big time what I assert. I never said you did not nor could not. You have no disagreement there with me, that again is your straw man.
But I don't need unanimous consent as I never claimed my positions or assertions were based on it. I don't claim authority for my dogma that my sect is the one and only based on unanimous early church father's beliefs.
BUT THE RCC SECT DOES.
AND THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY BECAUSE WHAT YOU CLAIM AS THE BASIS OF YOUR RCC'S AUTHORITY AS THE ONE TRUE YADDA YADDA TURNS OUT TO BE FALSE, when one examines the biblical and historical facts.
You have no case the claim the emperor is wearing clothes till the cows come home but he is not.
Alreadythen. I guess I worship idols because you said so. Are you sure you have the same spirit that Peter and Paul had? Because you just falsely accused me. Seems to be the foundation of evangelicalism....bearing false witness.

Those idols you say we worship are called 'heroes'. They ran the race before us. By design, no human walks alone, so they are our family and Jesus' family. You guys made it YOU, Jesus, your Bible and dismiss His family. You cut down His family tree when you eliminate the communion of Saints. Then you damn yourself by falsely accusing us of worshiping them.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#480097 Oct 4, 2013
It is important to realize that in the Orthodox Tradition, the phrase 'Word of God' first and foremost refers to a person. The 'Word of God' is Jesus Christ, as St. John testifies in his gospel account, 'and the Word became flesh' (St. John 1:14). Christ being the Word of God, the Bible contains God's revelation expressed in written form, experienced and recorded by the saints. As Muslims point to the Qur'an as the ultimate revelation from God, Orthodox Christians do not point to the Bible as the ultimate and only revelation of God. Christians point to Jesus Christ, God manifested in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16), as the ultimate revelation of God.

Location hidden

#480098 Oct 4, 2013
In other words the Muslims have a book. We have a Living Person
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#480099 Oct 4, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Just because you go to confession and get communion daily makes you no better than any other catholic or protestant under the eyes of God if you act out on your sins.WE are ALL guilty of sinning.Going to confession and getting communion is a Holy Mystery and should NOT be used as a weapon for someones PRIDE to show what a Holier Than Tho Christian you are compare to others. You have a much better chance of being people to your faith by setting an examples....
Your correct!! I am no better than any other Catholic or Protestant! But I choose to worship, believe, and adhere (each day) in the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FAITH in Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church because I know that it is a gift from Jesus Christ to HIS Church......... Despite your judgmental arrogance toward me and my Catholic Faith AND the Catholic Church,----- the Eucharist and Confession do not make me any holier than others..... It is a Grace from God that HE gives us, an opportunity to reconcile, each of us Catholic Christians WITH HIM. For those non-Catholics that debunk and attempt to "poo poo" it!!---Fine----it is their choice, but I have no intention of remaining silent, while Protestants and other non-catholics beligerently persist in attacking, condemning and judging our Catholic Faith, doctrine and teaching!!! If they "truly believe" their religion is the truth---then "go live it" and quit "ripping the faith of others, especially Catholics....However, the fact is "we all know they won't do that, because they would rather live in a world of "private judgmental" Christianity, where their "personal opinion" is the final authority!!!!!
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480100 Oct 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
RCC Roman RCC Roman Roman Roman. Blah Blah.
Tell me, do you have hatred towards the Byzantine Catholic, Syrian, Coptic, Ethiopian Catholic, Orthodox Catholic? Or is your hatred focussed soley on the diocese of Rome and the Roman rite Mass?
Well Well WELL LOL

I understand Clay,
I feel for you,

your reaction is a normal human one, this typical of what prideful humans do when confronted with a logical argument that leaves them with no other option but to conclude their position is in error.

So your pride pulls the hate card out.
It was just a matter of time before the HATE card came out.

It will be ok take deep breaths.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#480101 Oct 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Your refusing to admit the TRUTH Confrinting, CANNOT nor WILL EVER change over 2000 years of TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY.
Your religious society has gone the same rout as many other benevolent organizations..
Confrinting says: "your religious society has gone the same rout as many other benevolent organizations"

Sorry to burst your "anti-catholic bubble" Confrinting, but organizations, heretics minister, false teachers, hypcrites, bigots and anti-catholic (so-called bible experts) have come and gone for over 2000 years----YET----THE CATHOLIC CHURCH-----LIVES ON-----Just like Jesus said it would, in Matthew 16:18. "The gates of hell, shall NOT prevail against it (His One True Universal (Catholic) Church.....That is precisely why Jesus Christ intiated and formed His One True Church......(to save sinners) of which we all are!! Just because its members stray, doesn't mean that it was no founded by Jesus Christ HIMSELF to teach HIS infallible word!!
While the Catholic Church is full of sinners---so is the rest of the world.......... The issue here isn't "conduct" it is TRUTH of doctrine and historical and biblical teaching, handed down by Jesus HIMSELF!!! If you judge truth by the conduct of whether someone sins or not, then you had better "throw out your bible" because EVERY ONE of its authors were sinners. Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners" This only goes to show how duplicitous, twisted, and confused Protestants are in their anti-catholic rebellious and defiant teaching...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#480102 Oct 4, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Your new pope Francis just indicated that the previous administration of the roman catholic church were NARCISISSTIC. The same men that you have boasted about continously on this forum.
What does that say about you?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/eur...
He didn't say that the previous administration was narcissistic.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#480103 Oct 4, 2013
Michael wrote:
Pope Francis the new gun in town claims he is going to clean house of the narcissistic hirearchy of the catholic church, then he is going to make PJohn a saint, one of the very men he claimed was part of the problem. UNBELIEVABLE BUFFOONS!
Where was Pope Francis voice when he was in the #2 spot as a cardinal for many years? SILENCE!
He didn't accuse Pope John Paul II of being part of any problem.

You should be in politics. You spin like a top.

Location hidden

#480104 Oct 4, 2013
Has anyone ever conceded in in argument in Topix.Has anyone ever said "You know youre right. I changed my mind"? That would be truly historic.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#480105 Oct 4, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Can you please explain "self" to me.I see you post that in reply to other posts at times.
Start here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self

I'm actually surprised you hadn't done this yourself.

Herme seems like a pretty smart guy, he could probably add a few things also.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#480106 Oct 4, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it pertains to a certain Seinfeld episode called "The Contest".
Typical Catholic reasoning.

*winks*
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480107 Oct 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Alreadythen. I guess I worship idols because you said so. Are you sure you have the same spirit that Peter and Paul had? Because you just falsely accused me. Seems to be the foundation of evangelicalism....bearing false witness.
Those idols you say we worship are called 'heroes'. They ran the race before us. By design, no human walks alone, so they are our family and Jesus' family. You guys made it YOU, Jesus, your Bible and dismiss His family. You cut down His family tree when you eliminate the communion of Saints. Then you damn yourself by falsely accusing us of worshiping them.
If you are a practicing RC you bow before graven of images you believe represent Mary a created being, who in fact was created by the 2nd person in the Trinity who we call Jesus since the incarnation. You offer prayers to her which biblically is an act of worship, you assign divine qualities to her. You put her in the place of Jesus who biblically is our mediator to the Father and none other is needed and to use another is Idolatry.

So I don't say you are an Idol worshiper the Bible and your actions do.

you say your duck is a hero LOL

but it still quacks like a duck
fly's like a duck
quacks like a duck etc
rename it all you want the bible has defined it before your "Heros"
were ever alive.

Its quite simply to see if you open your eyes.

Albuquerque, NM

#480108 Oct 4, 2013
who="Clay "
No Pope has ever said, "Roman Catholic Church only true Church".
Anyway, scripture doesn't infallibly interpret itself. It takes an infallible body to interpret it.
Also, Jesus never left us with a list of Books to include in the future Christian Bible. Therefore, it took an infallible group to sit down and compile the list. Unfortunately for you, it was a Pope and other Bishops from the Catholic Church.
----------
Headline of this page today:
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
An infallible group ??? God alone is infallible!
KM
"God alone is infallible!"

By your own words you admit men cannot define this entity, yet you follow the texts written by by to define this entity.

Hypocrite or dishonest person - you can figure it out.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#480109 Oct 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your correct!! I am no better than any other Catholic or Protestant! But I choose to worship, believe, and adhere (each day) in the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FAITH in Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church because I know that it is a gift from Jesus Christ to HIS Church......... Despite your judgmental arrogance toward me and my Catholic Faith AND the Catholic Church,----- the Eucharist and Confession do not make me any holier than others..... It is a Grace from God that HE gives us, an opportunity to reconcile, each of us Catholic Christians WITH HIM. For those non-Catholics that debunk and attempt to "poo poo" it!!---Fine----it is their choice, but I have no intention of remaining silent, while Protestants and other non-catholics beligerently persist in attacking, condemning and judging our Catholic Faith, doctrine and teaching!!! If they "truly believe" their religion is the truth---then "go live it" and quit "ripping the faith of others, especially Catholics....However, the fact is "we all know they won't do that, because they would rather live in a world of "private judgmental" Christianity, where their "personal opinion" is the final authority!!!!!
~~~

YOU WROTE
I choose to worship, believe, and adhere (each day) in the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FAITH in Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church

____

FAITH DEFINED IN GREEK

G4102
&#960;&#953;&#769; &#963;&#964;&#953; &#962;
pistis
pis'-tis
From G3982; persuasion, that is, credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; abstractly constancy in such profession; by extension the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself:- assurance, belief, believe, faith, fidelity.

I HAVE NO FAITH IN YOUR CHURCH ..

It does not meet the above criteria

My FAITH ALONE is in GOD...THROUGH HIS SON CHRIST JESUS...

Mar 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

YOUR CHURCH MISREPRESENTS GOD...

IT HAS NO

credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God,) AS a religious INSTITUTION

Albuquerque, NM

#480110 Oct 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The highest majority of Catholics in our parish of 2200 parishioners who personally know me and "know of my conversion from "bible only Protestantism to Jesus Christ, to the Catholic Faith and to the Catholic Church would "overwhelmingly" say YES!!!....... Since you don't believe in the TRUE FAITH and SALVATION in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS Catholic Church, nor have any pews to sit in, sitting next to your anti-catholic fictitious history books and modernistic "21st century" list of heretical bible authors and writers is (no doubt) what keeps you company...... Can't very well verbally argue with a "paper back" book, because books can't verbally argue back.(lucky for you)!!
Stop being so prideful. I wasn't asking you.

You've just completed "Sin #1".

*pats you on the back*
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#480111 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
I choose to worship, believe, and adhere (each day) in the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FAITH in Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church
I HAVE NO FAITH IN YOUR CHURCH ..
It is NOT MY CHURCH! It is Jesus Christs One True Church! AND SO
if you have no faith in Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church ---then you (no doubt) have no faith in Jesus Christ "either"!!! WHY!! Because Jesus and HIS CHURCH are one!!!! In Matthew 16, Our Lord says "upon this rock I will build "MY" Church!!!!!!!!! Like I (and others) have told you before, You, confrinting (do not speak) for God or Jesus Christ, and NEVER have!!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#480112 Oct 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop being so prideful. I wasn't asking you.
You've just completed "Sin #1".
*pats you on the back*
Thanks! I'll go back to confession!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 8 min Chimney1 294
News Drudge Report asks: Is Pope Francis the Antichr... 4 hr Edithbunker 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Mr Sir 9,602
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 15 hr Catholic24 84,332
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
More from around the web