Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,163)

Showing posts 463,241 - 463,260 of532,265
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck used the term referring to Regina.
Thank you, Anthony. You've always had the backs of your Catholic brothers and sisters on this forum, always standing up for us when we're being unjustly attacked, and I appreciate it so much. For my part, I've always felt that that was important and have tried to do the same ever since coming to this board. Back when there were more Catholics posting here, everyone did. Since John's name has already been brought up, I'll say that he did also. I remember it well and it made a big difference in how we were treated. It all comes down to doing the right thing no matter what anyone thinks of you. Standing up against injustice usually doesn't make one popular, which seems to suddenly be a big concern. Making nice isn't necessarily the same thing as promoting peace. I'm very surprised at one person in particular who is making that mistake. I can't tell you how disappointed how I am in him. I'll leave it at that. God bless you, Anthony. Take care of yourself.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 11:25
25 A generous person will prosper;
whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.
"Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy."
Paul prayed for him.....NOT to him as KM stated....
Thank you for that clarification. Correct, Paul prayed for a dead man. Not to him.
Could you correct Preston on that? He doesn't seem to be interpreting 2Tim 1:16 correctly. Onesiphorus was deceased.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't spend a penny looking to find any truth in the rc. thanks anyways.
Then "go live" you bible only (relative truth) beliefs on your own! Makes no difference to ANY of us Catholics!....Howwever--- We will "continue" as billions and billions of other Catholics have for over 2000 years" to remain firmly grounded in the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church at Daily Mass, the TRUE bible interpretation, the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE body and blood) and the other Sacraments. You atem, can DO WHAT YOU WANT and GO YOUR OWN (opinionated way)!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

in matrix is so long error or evil

zeus or neus

please tell me about Northern constellation Milky way map
my map stay front of me
must be problem engine problem as cylinder head

i drove map

i am not going tell you about what

I don't trust corupt organization.
'N'

https://www.google.com.au/search...

i drove face as very specific as robotic must be very precius as zillion/zillion

i drove mum
yes
I drove something.
ones implemented finish..

mental person can't do that don't you
someone who is very jelouse as well very corupt
liked see or put in trouble

I say to you your law is not my law.

neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr

now

Which sort of Lord are you?

http://www.egyptianreiki.com/the-ascended-mas...

why we are not perfect
or someone stay on our place
please tell me
Why i am wrong?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't spend a penny looking to find any truth in the rc. thanks anyways.
your church is made up of liars like clay, dummies like clay, smart alecs like reggie, and ignorant tennis bums like you.
Name calling seems to be the "only thing" you bible only "fundies"
rely upon when you are "backed up against the wall--with biblical and historical PROVEN, AUTHENTICATED, AND VERIFIABLE TRUTH!
After being raised for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant, I know this to be a FACT!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, as with any verse in the Bible, a sola scripturist can look and see whatever they desire.
The Holy Spirit guides the born agains to truth you say? lol. I don't think so. I read the nightly conversations amongst you all. You can't agree on half the theology, yet you masquerade as being in the same fold?
Onesiphorus is dead. Paul speaks of him as if he's giving his eulogy at his funeral. Past tense.
You have no business telling me any different. I read it and that's what I see.
fyi, it matters not if protestants oppose that verse. Obviously they need to. in fact, they need to oppose LOTS of verses, so they do. I also am aware that some Protestants agree with me that Paul prayed for a deceased man. Now what? Who's to decide?
Clay,

Paul petitions the Lord that this brother might "find mercy" in "that day," which obviously is the day of Judgment.

If he was dead already, there would be no need to petition God for mercy on his behalf.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Skipped a rock.....

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Like concrete... You are all mixed up in your conjecture and
permanently set...

I do not expect you to turn from your deceived
religiosity to the truth of God's word. So go on and believe your
conjecture and hearsay, be Satan's guest.... you are on a slippery
slope that seems right to you and You are gambling your eternal soul
upon it.

The reason I post is to confront with the truth of God's
word.

To show the error of the (so called) Roman Catholic

Church as it is compared to the Word of God.

I believe there are some honest seekers
that will learn the truth.

Others here
are too far gone in their reprobate minds to consider the truth,Only eternity will change your minds.

~~
Skipped a pebble across the sea.

One that walked on Galilee..

The stone that sank,

when he did dare,

Was only saved by Jesus care.

Mat 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures,

The stone which the builders rejected, the same is

become the head of the corner:

this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our
eyes?

Is it not strange that the one whom the

Roman Catholic Church on whom they

place their religious foundation....

Had to depend upon Jesus to lift him up from drowning....

What would have happened to their great religious

system if their pebble had sank physically..

As he had spiritually...

Just how many times did Jesus have admonish Peter anyway ?

Mat_16:23 But he/JESUS turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Mar_14:30 And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice.

.Luk_22:61 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Mat_14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Mat_26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Joh_21:22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me

Luk_22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Paul also rebuked Peter

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch,

I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
Gal 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
Gal 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
Gal 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Gal 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Question: "What does the Bible say about praying to / speaking to the dead?"

Answer: Praying to the dead is strictly forbidden in the Bible. Deuteronomy 18:11 tells us that anyone who “consults with the dead” is “detestable to the Lord.” The story of Saul consulting a medium to bring up the spirit of the dead Samuel resulted in his death “because he was unfaithful to the LORD; he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance”(1 Samuel 28:1-25; 1 Chronicles 10:13-14). Clearly, God has declared that such things are not to be done.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/praying-to-the-de...
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Question: "What does the Bible say about praying for the dead?"

Answer: Praying for the dead is not a biblical concept. Our prayers have no bearing on someone once he or she has died. The reality is that, at the point of death, one’s eternal destiny is confirmed. Either he is saved through faith in Christ and is in heaven where he is experiencing rest and joy in God’s presence, or he is in torment in hell. The story of the rich man and Lazarus the beggar provides us with a vivid illustration of this truth. Jesus plainly used this story to teach that after death the unrighteous are eternally separated from God, that they remember their rejection of the gospel, that they are in torment, and that their condition cannot be remedied (Luke 16:19-31).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/praying-for-the-d...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that clarification. Correct, Paul prayed for a dead man. Not to him.
Could you correct Preston on that? He doesn't seem to be interpreting 2Tim 1:16 correctly. Onesiphorus was deceased.
Prove it. lets see you show ALL of us where it is written that he is deceased.

and if you can, I will stand corrected.lol

just because over the centuries your church leaders who weren't very smart says so, doesn't make it so.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

For the Devil, who wishes to destroy all things, or rather to succeed at our spiritual destruction, resorts to the following ruse.

On the one hand, with some, he tries to cover their sins and to make them forget them, so as to create pride in these men.

On the other hand, he constantly exposes the sins of neophytes whose souls have not yet been strengthened before them and exaggerates these sins, so as to drive such neophytes to despair, until they abandon their ascetic efforts.

For this reason, then, these still irresolute souls we must care for with tenderness and remind them continually of the boundless compassion and kindness of God.

Among other things, we must emphasize that our Lord is merciful and long-enduring and that he annuls his righteous judgments against wrong-doers, as long as they surely repent.

To render this teaching of ours convincing, we will bring forth examples from Holy Scripture, which will reveal to the souls of our listeners the endless compassion of the Lord towards those who have sinned and repented.
For example, let us recall that Raab was a prostitute, but was saved through her faith; St.

Paul was a persecutor, but through repentance became a chosen vessel; and the thief who was crucified together with Christ on Golgotha, who had stolen and murdered, first opened the door of Paradise with one word of repentance: "Remember me, Lord, when Thou comest into Thy Kingdom."

Moreover, let us cite the instance of St. Matthew, who was appointed to the Apostolic ranks by the Lord and who, even though a former tax collector, relates the parable of the tax collector as well as that of the Prodigal Son. So in general, let us bring to mind all of the stories in this regard which emphasize the worth of repentance and which extol the compassion of God towards the repentant man.

On the other hand, we must correct those souls who are ruled by pride by providing them with greater examples, just as we give the weaker souls encouragement, so as not to be ruled by despair.

Let us take an example from the work of the best gardeners, who, when they see that a plant is of small stature and sickly, water it profusely and care for it greatly, so that it will grow and be strong; while, when they see in a plant the premature development of sprouts, they immediately trim the useless sprouts, so that the plant does not quickly wither.

Likewise, physicians give rich nourishment to some patients, prescribing that they walk, while to others they give a strict diet and require them to remain at rest.

Excerpts from the Evergetinos Synkletike

Matthew 3:2 - And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Joel 2:13 - And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he [is] gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.

Psalms 38:18 - For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.

Mark 1:4 - John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Psalms 51:7-17 - Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Psalms 51:1-4 -Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

Luke 3:3 - And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Mark 6:12 - And they went out, and preached that men should repent.

Psalms 41:4 - I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.

Job 13:23 - How many [are] mine iniquities and sins? make me to know my transgression and my sin.

Mark 2:17 - When Jesus heard [it], he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it was only a theoretical statement, but thank anyway.
as I said I don't trust you at all.
so what do you think about John speaking about your "catholic propaganda"?
The "propaganda" he was referring to was the our claim to the Petrine office, the papacy. I knew, he knew and every Orthodox and Catholic Christian here knew (and still knows) that the Orthodox reject our claim. So what? We agreed to disagree and focused our attention on our, I think he used the 90% figure, shared beliefs about baptism, the Eucharist, confession, the priesthood, the Church fathers, proper biblical interpretation, the authority of the Church, Sacred/Holy Tradition, etc., etc. Again, it's wishful thinking for you to believe he'd be backing you up here.

It's sad preston that the only people you like here are the ones who will continue to stroke your giant ego. I once liked you, but you've preached my eternal damnation one too many times for me to consider you anything more than an arrogant blowhard who thinks he can demean and bully people into submission to your peculiar form of theology. I wish you well, but I think you need lots of spiritual growth which, God willing, you'll experience before you face Him.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

POSSESSORS AND DECEIVERS

How I can express myself?

Sweet Jesus they playing fun funny games.

How you call dangerous games?

I will try explain.
as face small but long shape of face
must be have light head as looking trough pyramid eye as but as cylinder projection..

map as northern constellation milky way..

who is that that face as i try describe..

please forgive me
i can't sleep
not any more..
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
JUST WHAT IS A "CAKE HOLE"
SO AN INSULT FROM YOU ....SUPPOSE TO CORRECT ANTHER'S INSULT....
I was using quotations marks. That's a universally accepted sign that shows the reader that the writer is quoting someone else.
In my post, I was using quotations on something Chuck said to Regina. It was rude and he should apologize. And you as a pastor should correct him too.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I talked to John, on the phone, several times. Your fantasy about what he thought is just that...a fantasy, lol. You need to leave him alone, he's got better things to do than be invloved in our petty squabbles.
Speaking of the Word of God, neither you nor Kay, who reject the sacramental nature of baptism (and which John of course agreed with Catholics), are able to explain Gal. 3:27. Why is that?
the posts that I have made have come directly from him on this forum and the numbers are given.

he says that you catholics are liars.

and we see no evidence to the contrary. I believe he was speaking the truth. he knew catholicism was a false religion and that your church left the TRUTH in 1054 which is exactly what others have said on this forum.

I loved it when GIF spoke about your church being the FIRST protestant church, however your church is made up of liars like clay and dumb tennis bums like HOJO.and it is DOOMED to destruction by Jesus some day.AMEN!!!!
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Anthony. You've always had the backs of your Catholic brothers and sisters on this forum, always standing up for us when we're being unjustly attacked, and I appreciate it so much. For my part, I've always felt that that was important and have tried to do the same ever since coming to this board. Back when there were more Catholics posting here, everyone did. Since John's name has already been brought up, I'll say that he did also. I remember it well and it made a big difference in how we were treated. It all comes down to doing the right thing no matter what anyone thinks of you. Standing up against injustice usually doesn't make one popular, which seems to suddenly be a big concern. Making nice isn't necessarily the same thing as promoting peace. I'm very surprised at one person in particular who is making that mistake. I can't tell you how disappointed how I am in him. I'll leave it at that. God bless you, Anthony. Take care of yourself.
Open your cake hole yeah how horrible of me. Next time I'll just say open your mouth.

The facts are in front of you about what took place with Just Sayin and I. Your silence doesn't surprise me.
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I was using quotations marks. That's a universally accepted sign that shows the reader that the writer is quoting someone else.
In my post, I was using quotations on something Chuck said to Regina. It was rude and he should apologize. And you as a pastor should correct him too.
Get over it Clay. Next time I'll say open your mouth. Will that make you feel better?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

There is much work to be done if we are to introduce True Christianity into this wayward society of ours. Yet if we’re too full of zeal to convert out neighbour, chances are we’ve neglected God in the process. Christ said, "Love God. Love your neighbour." Some have interpreted this to mean, "Convert your neighbour and God will love you." We must begin with God’s love and love of God. Before we do anything else, we must love God above all. St Seraphim of Sarov said, "Find inner peace and thousands around you will find their salvatio

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Like St John the Forerunner, we must say of Christ: "He must increase, but I must decrease" [John 3:30]. In taking up our cross daily we crucify our sinful selves only to be raised up to glory and thereby become co-workers with God for the salvation of the world. This is the promise, this is the mission. Evangelism begins with death. We are not to slay our brother for the sake of the Gospel. Rather, it is ourselves who must be slain. This is the Way of Evangelism.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
And God Bless you too Regina. The one thing I wish more than anything about this thread is that we could have considerate and respectful dialogue and share our faith without personal insults and hard feelings. There are those here who when they feel their beliefs about what the bible says are challenged, or start questioning themselves as to whether they really get it right, start lashing out with insults and attacks, posting priest abuse stories, scream in capital letters that we are going to hell, accuse us of pagan idol worship, you know the story. These are people who are weak in their faith. I pray they can open their hearts and minds and consider us fellow Christians. If not, well, we know in Whom we take refuge. Pax Christi.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 463,241 - 463,260 of532,265
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Married in 8,118
More 22 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••