Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,162)

Showing posts 463,221 - 463,240 of530,078
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Golden Corral? Yuck. You like people who stroke your ego, that's about it. And I'm sure you'd make them pick up the check...lol.
Nick and I always pick up the check when we take our friends out to dinner....we will take you out also if you lived closer..whats wtong with Golden Corral? We love it!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
2Tim 1:16-18, the Apostle Paul prays for a dead man. Don't let some unauthorized pastor tell you it says something else.
Proverbs 11:25

25 A generous person will prosper;
whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

"Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy."

Paul prayed for him.....NOT to him as KM stated....
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
That I don't buy into Roman Catholic propaganda is nothing new for the folks here who have been around a while.
No one is asking you to "buy into" ANYTHING atemcowboy! Quite frankly, we, as Catholics "couldn't care less" as to what you believe!.......Your 42,000 + bible only contradicting and inconsistent denominations of "relative truth" (what each one of you decides is the TRUTH) has absolutely no interest to ANY of us! I/we as Catholic "Already" KNOW THE TRUTH of TRUE Bible Interpretation and TRUE Church History, that has been proven, verified and authenticated, over and over and over again for over 2000 years. You "fundies" just keep "spinning your wheels" arguing, complaining, debating with each other and then when you "can't agree with each other" then you "revert" to attacking the TRUE FAITH in Jesus Christ and the Salvation of (any and all Catholics on this forum) especially Anthony, Clay, Regina, Star C and whomever you "fundies" can induce a "ridiculous argument with you" that is a "total waste of time"!!..If you truly believe what you preach, then GO AND LIVE your "half-truth, half-heresy" bible only Christianity in the confines of your own Protestant rebelliousness and defiantness, complaining, bitching and argue with each other.I.we as Catholics will "continue" to remain (as other Catholics have for over 2000 years) with the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church. You, my friend can "DO WHAT YOU WANT"!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I liked John rom NJ, I like Hermi and Sera.
we could have eaten at Golden Corral anythimje.
however with you, I wouldnt eat with you or reggie any place or any time.
Another remarkably ignorant pastoral statement. WOW! Based on your theology there was only one member of your congregation. YOU!
Perfect in every way. YOU! Without sin. YOU! Above Jesus. YOU YOU YOU YOU!!!

Mark 2:16-17, 16 "But when the teachers of religious law who were Pharisees saw him eating with tax collectors and other sinners, they asked his disciples, "Why does he eat with such scum?" 17 When Jesus heard this, he told them, "Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners."

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Golden Corral? Yuck. You like people who stroke your ego, that's about it. And I'm sure you'd make them pick up the check...lol.
nope, the reason why I said I wouldn't eat with you or reggie is very simple.

I dont trust you not to steal the tip and embarrass me, as you catholic on here are trying to steal our souls.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay "
2Tim 1:16-18, the Apostle Paul prays for a dead man. Don't let some unauthorized pastor tell you it says something else.
--------
Paul resurrected a dead man. He prayed FOR him, not TO him.
KM
I have yet to see Clay not try to lie about what the Bible clearly teaches and says.

clay is either the biggest liar on this forum or the dumbest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is asking you to "buy into" ANYTHING atemcowboy! Quite frankly, we, as Catholics "couldn't care less" as to what you believe!.......Your 42,000 + bible only contradicting and inconsistent denominations of "relative truth" (what each one of you decides is the TRUTH) has absolutely no interest to ANY of us! I/we as Catholic "Already" KNOW THE TRUTH of TRUE Bible Interpretation and TRUE Church History, that has been proven, verified and authenticated, over and over and over again for over 2000 years. You "fundies" just keep "spinning your wheels" arguing, complaining, debating with each other and then when you "can't agree with each other" then you "revert" to attacking the TRUE FAITH in Jesus Christ and the Salvation of (any and all Catholics on this forum) especially Anthony, Clay, Regina, Star C and whomever you "fundies" can induce a "ridiculous argument with you" that is a "total waste of time"!!..If you truly believe what you preach, then GO AND LIVE your "half-truth, half-heresy" bible only Christianity in the confines of your own Protestant rebelliousness and defiantness, complaining, bitching and argue with each other.I.we as Catholics will "continue" to remain (as other Catholics have for over 2000 years) with the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church. You, my friend can "DO WHAT YOU WANT"!!!
LOL< this post was from John from NJ saying that he wasn't buying into your catholic lies.

NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Nick and I always pick up the check when we take our friends out to dinner....we will take you out also if you lived closer..whats wtong with Golden Corral? We love it!!!
Too much like Old Country Buffet. I love it when people fill their plates with greasy cafeteria food at about 6000 calories, then order a diet Coke...lol. I'm pretty good cook, so I cook at home mostly, love cooking German and Italian. It would be my pleasure to prepare a Schnitzel and Spaetzle or Chicken Saltimboca for you and Nick, you'd never go back to Golden Corral!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this your way of getting back at me and other Catholics who have been successfully refuting the attacks by CIB, gif and you the last few days?
ay you along with clay cant be successful refuting anyone when it comes to the word of God.

clay can even write a verse down and still be wrong on what it says.

all that I have done is show you people that John very seldom agreed with anything that you catholics said
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>nope, the reason why I said I wouldn't eat with you or reggie is very simple.
I dont trust you not to steal the tip and embarrass me, as you catholic on here are trying to steal our souls.
No one can steal your soul preston, but when you let your pride and huge ego take over, you're putting it in danger all by yourself.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Paul prayed for him.....NOT to him as KM stated...." End quote.

Where is it stated in this miracle that Paul either prayed to him or for him.

Acts 20:9-12, 9 "And there was a young man named Eutychus sitting on the window sill, sinking into a deep sleep; and as Paul kept on talking, he was overcome by sleep and fell down from the third floor and was picked up dead. 10 But Paul went down and fell upon him, and after embracing him, he said,“Do not be troubled, for his life is in him.” 11 When he had gone back up and had broken the bread and eaten, he talked with them a long while until daybreak, and then left. 12 They took away the boy alive, and were greatly comforted."

The name Eutychus means "Good Fortune" i.e. Lucky
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this your way of getting back at me and other Catholics who have been successfully refuting the attacks by CIB, gif and you the last few days?
Anthony!! I am sure that you know by now, that, "attacking our TRUE Catholic Faith" is the only thing that ANY of these bible only Protestants "have going for them"!..... It is a MUST, it is a PRIORITY, it is a PREREQUISITE for "every Protestant bible only fundamentists" on this forum, to attack, condemn, judge and the TRUE FAITH and Salvation of the Catholic, Faith, the Catholic Doctrine, the Catholic Church and "even" the spoken and expressed words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF (in the Gospels) in order for ANY of them to survive! They CANNOT, and they WILL NOT (EVER) exist on their own Protestant bible only (self-interpreting) beliefs without "ripping into our Catholic Faith". That is "exactly why" discussion, debate, or deliberation with them is "a total waste of time". Your not going to convince ANY of them! They are like Prodigal Sons in Luke 15:11 ,,defiant and rebellious...... Only by the Grace of God, through the power of the Holy Spirit, through our personal prayers for each one of them, in the name of Jesus Christ, will they (eventually) "COME TO THEIR SENSES"!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
show me where Paul is praying for a dead man in these verses.

The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain:

17 But, when he was in Rome, he sought me out very diligently, and found me.

18 The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well.

<< Paul's reference to Onesiphorus is sometimes cited by Catholics as an early example of prayer for the dead,[6] while some Protestants opposing this practice reject such an interpretation.[7]

as well we should, unless Paul made the statement that his friend was deceased, a Christian would not add anything to his words,

even tho a catholic will.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL< this post was from John from NJ saying that he wasn't buying into your catholic lies.
NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the clarification--however--whethe r it was John,
Confrinting Oxbow, you, or any other anti-catholic on this forum my comments apply to "all of you"!! If the shoe fits---which it does to the majority of you bible only "fundies" --wear it!!!!

No one is asking you to "buy into" ANYTHING!! Quite frankly, we, as Catholics "couldn't care less" as to what you believe!.......Your 42,000 + bible only contradicting and inconsistent denominations of "relative truth" (what each one of you decides is the TRUTH) has absolutely no credibility or interest to ANY of us!......... I/we as Catholic "Already" KNOW THE TRUTH of TRUE Bible Interpretation and TRUE Church History, that has been proven, verified and authenticated, over and over and over again for over 2000 years. You "fundies" just keep "spinning your wheels" arguing, complaining, debating with each other and then when you "can't agree with each other" then you "revert" to attacking the TRUE FAITH in Jesus Christ and the Salvation of (any and all Catholics on this forum) especially Anthony, Clay, Regina, Star C and whomever you "fundies" can induce a "ridiculous argument with you" that is a "total waste of time"!!..If you truly believe what you preach, then GO AND LIVE your "half-truth, half-heresy" bible only Christianity in the confines of your own Protestant rebelliousness and defiantness, complaining, bitching and argue with each other.I.we as Catholics will "continue" to remain (as other Catholics have for over 2000 years) with the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church. You, my bible only friends can "DO WHAT YOU WANT"!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can steal your soul preston, but when you let your pride and huge ego take over, you're putting it in danger all by yourself.
it was only a theoretical statement, but thank anyway.

as I said I don't trust you at all.

so what do you think about John speaking about your "catholic propaganda"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the clarification--however--whethe r it was John,
Confrinting Oxbow, you, or any other anti-catholic on this forum my comments apply to "all of you"!! If the shoe fits---which it does to the majority of you bible only "fundies" --wear it!!!!
No one is asking you to "buy into" ANYTHING!! Quite frankly, we, as Catholics "couldn't care less" as to what you believe!.......Your 42,000 + bible only contradicting and inconsistent denominations of "relative truth" (what each one of you decides is the TRUTH) has absolutely no credibility or interest to ANY of us!......... I/we as Catholic "Already" KNOW THE TRUTH of TRUE Bible Interpretation and TRUE Church History, that has been proven, verified and authenticated, over and over and over again for over 2000 years. You "fundies" just keep "spinning your wheels" arguing, complaining, debating with each other and then when you "can't agree with each other" then you "revert" to attacking the TRUE FAITH in Jesus Christ and the Salvation of (any and all Catholics on this forum) especially Anthony, Clay, Regina, Star C and whomever you "fundies" can induce a "ridiculous argument with you" that is a "total waste of time"!!..If you truly believe what you preach, then GO AND LIVE your "half-truth, half-heresy" bible only Christianity in the confines of your own Protestant rebelliousness and defiantness, complaining, bitching and argue with each other.I.we as Catholics will "continue" to remain (as other Catholics have for over 2000 years) with the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church. You, my bible only friends can "DO WHAT YOU WANT"!!
I wouldn't spend a penny looking to find any truth in the rc. thanks anyways.

your church is made up of liars like clay, dummies like clay, smart alecs like reggie, and ignorant tennis bums like you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
go back and read it again. Paul neither prayed for him or to him.

The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus.

clay lies when he says that paul prayed for him and so this confuses the issue, which is Paul praying for his household or family

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

someone is lurking.lol
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Paul prayed for him.....NOT to him as KM stated...." End quote.
Where is it stated in this miracle that Paul either prayed to him or for him.
Acts 20:9-12, 9 "And there was a young man named Eutychus sitting on the window sill, sinking into a deep sleep; and as Paul kept on talking, he was overcome by sleep and fell down from the third floor and was picked up dead. 10 But Paul went down and fell upon him, and after embracing him, he said,“Do not be troubled, for his life is in him.” 11 When he had gone back up and had broken the bread and eaten, he talked with them a long while until daybreak, and then left. 12 They took away the boy alive, and were greatly comforted."
The name Eutychus means "Good Fortune" i.e. Lucky
Eutychus fell asleep while Paul was preaching....

Proverbs 6:10-11

10 A little sleep, a little slumber,
a little folding of the hands to rest—

11 and poverty will come on you like a thief
and scarcity like an armed man.

Eutychus.....Fortunatus

Psalm 121:2-4

2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber;

4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

Did Paul not believe?

<<<<<Did Paul have the POWER to perform miracles?>>>>>

If Eutychus had not fallen asleep.....we would not have this miracle in the Bible for all to see???

Romans 13:11

11 And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.

Ephesians 5:14-16

14 This is why it is said:

“Wake up, sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you.”

15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>ay you along with clay cant be successful refuting anyone when it comes to the word of God.
clay can even write a verse down and still be wrong on what it says.
all that I have done is show you people that John very seldom agreed with anything that you catholics said
I talked to John, on the phone, several times. Your fantasy about what he thought is just that...a fantasy, lol. You need to leave him alone, he's got better things to do than be invloved in our petty squabbles.

Speaking of the Word of God, neither you nor Kay, who reject the sacramental nature of baptism (and which John of course agreed with Catholics), are able to explain Gal. 3:27. Why is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 463,221 - 463,240 of530,078
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••