Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,049
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#479888 Oct 3, 2013
John from NJ

Since: May 08

Belle Mead, NJ

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Minnesota Mary wrote:

<quoted text>
And who made you the authority on Church history?
We were there.

We are the Church that you left in 1054.

I just don't care for people being inaccurate, and when you claim that St. Peter was the first bishop of Rome instead of properly looking at him as an Apostle you are not being accurate.

So I have no problems correcting you just as I have no problem correcting Protestants when they are wrong.

Location hidden

#479889 Oct 3, 2013
John from NJ

Belle Mead, NJ

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

Franck wrote:

<quoted text>
Doesn't matter what the Protestants here know as most of them have already made up their minds about Catholicism anyway. This is between us Catholics now, a matter of in house business so to speak.
What does matter is that you have avoided addressing how many Eastern Church Fathers defended and believed in Petrine Primacy and the Papacy.
The Orthodox also fail to mention how many of the
Eastern Catholics didn't split from the Church during the Great Schism.
This Syrian Orthodox says this:
PETER IN THE SYRIAN THEOLOGICAL TRADITION
The Fathers of the Syrian Church tried to give a theological interpretation to the person of Peter. They were fully convinced of the unique office of Peter in the primitive Christian community. Ephrem, Afrahat and Marutha who were supposed to be the best exponents of the early Syrian tradition unequivocally acknowledge the office of Peter.
"Both Afrahat and Ephrem represent the authentic tradition of the Syrian Church. The different orders of liturgies used for sanctification of Church building, marriage, ordination etc. reveal that the primacy of Peter is a part of living faith of the Church...
It has been conclusively made clear that the modern Biblical scholarship supports the authentic Syriac tradition concerning the role of Peter."
PRIMACY OF ST. PETER
by Dr. Thomas Mor Athanasius,
former Assistant Metropolitan of Kandanad diocese
(Extract from the Paper presented by DR. THOMAS MOR ATHANASIUS on the occasion of
Syrian Orthodox- Roman Catholic Dialogue at Spirituality Centre, Manganam, Kottayam)
http://www.syrianchurch.org/Articles/Primacyo ...
Let me put this in words that even you may understand.

We agree that St. Peter was foremost amongst the Apostles within the Church. That is to say that he always operated within the Church and not over it.

Please do not confuse what we know to be true about St. Peter with the vain claims made by the Roman Catholic Church about herself and pretending that St. Peter was the first bishop of Rome. The site that you suggested before did that.

So please read what is being said. If it is talking about St. Peter, it is talking about St. Peter. Don't confuse St. Peter with a bishop of Rome.

The suggestion that St. Peter was the first pope did not exist in the first, second, or third century or even the fourth. It started in Rome after. When Rome started to make a big deal out of Apostolic Sees, something that was irrelevant in the east since there were hundreds of Apostolic Sees in the east.

The idea of the office of Bishop being a Petrine office was never exclusive to Rome either.

I really tire of refuting Roman Catholic Propaganda about vain papal claims. Especially when they are simply proof texts that don't always mean what they have been crafted to say.

But if necessary I will.

I don't see why the Roman Catholic Church finds it necessary to lie about this since it puts the rest of what she teaches in doubt to those who have spent the least bit of time studying history.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#479890 Oct 3, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as a dead Christian if they truly are a Christian. Scripture clearly shows God stating that if you keep His words you shall NEVER see death. Therefore you weren't gonna die. You were merely getting ready to transition from the flesh into that Spiritual body that happens in the moment in a twinkling of an eye.
Many people don't realize or understand the resurrection. The word resurrection has more than one meaning in the Greek. Resurrection for a Christian happens at the moment they transition from life in the flesh to life in the Spiritual body. In the moment in the twinkling of an eye.
There is no such thing as a dead Christian.
You sound like you were or have been having a pretty good pity party for yourself because of your sufferingets end the conversation here. in the flesh that almost brought you to that transition,the transition that you call death. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A DEAD CHRISTIAN.
When Lazarus died the people didn't understand why Christ wept. He didn't weep because Lazarus had """died" "",Christ wept because it saddened Him because He the resurrection was standing right there with them and they had no idea at all. That's what made Him weep. It made Him so sad that He not only wept but He groaned at their unbelief and lack of knowledge. I feel like doing the same for you. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A DEAD CHRISTIAN.
Christ is reality. What you said has nothing whatsoever to do with what I experienced. When you pray tonight tell Christ what He and I experienced together was not real, because of my "pity party" You know nothing about Life, Death, or the Real Christ, not the one in your head that permitted you to try to correct what they experienced in communion with Christ. t is disrespectful to me, to life, to death ( which Christ conquered) and most of all to Christ. Something is dead in you, my friend.Lets just end it here.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#479891 Oct 3, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>thankfully God doesn't care about what marge thinks.
don't you think it is strange that GIF/KAY, myself and Ros along with LTM like them?
and the catholics along with marge AND osbore DONT?
I for one don't wish to be associated in group 2.
I guess my question to you preston is would you fellowship, in real life, not pretend like on this forum, with people who "pray to dead people" and "worship idols"?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#479892 Oct 3, 2013
European Aussie wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. The world is now full of sinning married pastors and alternative spiritual healers etc. These people are not qualified Priests. Many I have encountered claim to have had a spiritual awakening, but they are not living in peace. Their preaching’s are concerning and they do not appear to be consistently living a true spiritual lifestyle free from sin. The true tragedy here of course is that their followers are the ones who suffer.
The Bible on False Preachers and False Prophets:
‘For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.’(2 Corinthians 11:13-15)
The Bible States There Are Also False Christians Among Us:
‘But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.’(Peter 2:1-3)
The Bible on Indecision
And...(forgot the reference but many will know it)'When is doubt, you will only listen to one word and that word is God's'.
~~~~

ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TRUTH IS...

THEY ATTEMPT TO EXPLAIN SPIRITUAL CONCEPTS FROM UNREGENERATED CARNAL

MINDS...

Until they have met the author...they will never understand HIS word...

Isa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

#479893 Oct 3, 2013
who="Clay "
2Tim 1:16-18, the Apostle Paul prays for a dead man. Don't let some unauthorized pastor tell you it says something else.

--------
Paul resurrected a dead man. He prayed FOR him, not TO him.

KM

Location hidden

#479894 Oct 3, 2013
John from NJ

Belle Mead, NJ

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Minnesota Mary wrote:

John in N.J. attempted to digress from the debate by throwing out information on basilicas that he had gleaned from newadvent.org . He said that St. Peter's in Rome belonged to the Patriarch in Constantinople, thereby making one think that the Pope wasn't really in charge of St. Peter's.
One more thought. I provided you the newadvent site since it is a Roman Catholic site.

You are as bad as some Protestants. Give them a quote from the Bible and they ignore it. Give you a Roman Catholic site's verification and you say that I gleaned something from some site as if it was from Jack Chick.

I actually spent some effort trying to find a Roman Catholic site since I thought you might actually accept it.

Next time, I won't waste my time or effort and be like you and just stamp my foot and say "that is not true".

But, you will find that I don't lie.

That I don't buy into Roman Catholic propaganda is nothing new for the folks here who have been around a while.

#479895 Oct 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
your last sentence?? how about your first sentence:
"you continue to open up your cake hole and look stupid". You should apologize to her for that one too.
~~~

JUST WHAT IS A "CAKE HOLE"

SO AN INSULT FROM YOU ....SUPPOSE TO CORRECT ANTHER'S INSULT....

Location hidden

#479896 Oct 3, 2013
I said that john had trouble with mary Hammond and here PAD verifies my words.

PAD

Rockford, IL

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

John from NJ wrote:

<quoted text>
I provided you a Roman Catholic web site that says that St. Peter's was the Basilica of the Patriarch of Constantinople.
Read it.
John, you better be careful, you are already at odds with one Mary Hammond, and now Minnesota Mary! Do you have something about women with the name Mary?

Location hidden

#479897 Oct 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess my question to you preston is would you fellowship, in real life, not pretend like on this forum, with people who "pray to dead people" and "worship idols"?
I liked John rom NJ, I like Hermi and Sera.

we could have eaten at Golden Corral anythimje.

however with you, I wouldnt eat with you or reggie any place or any time.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#479898 Oct 3, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
John from NJ
Belle Mead, NJ
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008
Minnesota Mary wrote:
John in N.J. attempted to digress from the debate by throwing out information on basilicas that he had gleaned from newadvent.org . He said that St. Peter's in Rome belonged to the Patriarch in Constantinople, thereby making one think that the Pope wasn't really in charge of St. Peter's.
One more thought. I provided you the newadvent site since it is a Roman Catholic site.
You are as bad as some Protestants. Give them a quote from the Bible and they ignore it. Give you a Roman Catholic site's verification and you say that I gleaned something from some site as if it was from Jack Chick.
I actually spent some effort trying to find a Roman Catholic site since I thought you might actually accept it.
Next time, I won't waste my time or effort and be like you and just stamp my foot and say "that is not true".
But, you will find that I don't lie.
That I don't buy into Roman Catholic propaganda is nothing new for the folks here who have been around a while.
Is this your way of getting back at me and other Catholics who have been successfully refuting the attacks by CIB, gif and you the last few days?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#479899 Oct 3, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I liked John rom NJ, I like Hermi and Sera.
preston, we like Golden Corral!..When do you wanna meet? Dinner's on us!...lol
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#479900 Oct 3, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Golden Corral? Yuck. You like people who stroke your ego, that's about it. And I'm sure you'd make them pick up the check...lol.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479901 Oct 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay "
2Tim 1:16-18, the Apostle Paul prays for a dead man. Don't let some unauthorized pastor tell you it says something else.
--------
Paul resurrected a dead man. He prayed FOR him, not TO him.
KM
YES!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#479902 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
SO YOU WANT ME TO POST FROM THE BIBLE WITH OUT GIVING THE CONTINUITY
The TRUE interpretation, the TRUE translation, the TRUE meaning of Sacred Scripture, from the Bible came, to "all of us" over 1600 years ago, by the Early Church Fathers, who translated the original copies of the manuscripts, documents and letters from the Apostles in 382, 393, and 397 AD........ The Canon of Scripture was determined by the Fathers of the Church at the regional councils beginning in 382 AD......... Jesus Christ establish an authority on earth to preserve HIS revelation and to decide and determine the Bible Canon.......... That FINAL authority for TRUTH in interpreting the Bible, is in and through Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic (Universal) Catholic Church....... It does NOT come from you, Confrinting, nor does it come from ANY of your other 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent "bible only" self-interpreting "relative truth" opinions!!!!!!!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#479903 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
JUST WHAT IS A "CAKE HOLE"
SO AN INSULT FROM YOU ....SUPPOSE TO CORRECT ANTHER'S INSULT....
Chuck used the term referring to Regina.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#479904 Oct 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Golden Corral? Yuck. You like people who stroke your ego, that's about it. And I'm sure you'd make them pick up the check...lol.
Nick and I always pick up the check when we take our friends out to dinner....we will take you out also if you lived closer..whats wtong with Golden Corral? We love it!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479905 Oct 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 11:25

25 A generous person will prosper;
whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

"Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy."

Paul prayed for him.....NOT to him as KM stated....
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#479906 Oct 3, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
No one is asking you to "buy into" ANYTHING atemcowboy! Quite frankly, we, as Catholics "couldn't care less" as to what you believe!.......Your 42,000 + bible only contradicting and inconsistent denominations of "relative truth" (what each one of you decides is the TRUTH) has absolutely no interest to ANY of us! I/we as Catholic "Already" KNOW THE TRUTH of TRUE Bible Interpretation and TRUE Church History, that has been proven, verified and authenticated, over and over and over again for over 2000 years. You "fundies" just keep "spinning your wheels" arguing, complaining, debating with each other and then when you "can't agree with each other" then you "revert" to attacking the TRUE FAITH in Jesus Christ and the Salvation of (any and all Catholics on this forum) especially Anthony, Clay, Regina, Star C and whomever you "fundies" can induce a "ridiculous argument with you" that is a "total waste of time"!!..If you truly believe what you preach, then GO AND LIVE your "half-truth, half-heresy" bible only Christianity in the confines of your own Protestant rebelliousness and defiantness, complaining, bitching and argue with each other.I.we as Catholics will "continue" to remain (as other Catholics have for over 2000 years) with the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church. You, my friend can "DO WHAT YOU WANT"!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479907 Oct 3, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Another remarkably ignorant pastoral statement. WOW! Based on your theology there was only one member of your congregation. YOU!
Perfect in every way. YOU! Without sin. YOU! Above Jesus. YOU YOU YOU YOU!!!

Mark 2:16-17, 16 "But when the teachers of religious law who were Pharisees saw him eating with tax collectors and other sinners, they asked his disciples, "Why does he eat with such scum?" 17 When Jesus heard this, he told them, "Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Thu Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 17 Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••