Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685826 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#480159 Oct 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just more of the (same old) "anti-catholic" BS, that you KEEP SPREADING and are so famous for!..... Your heart, mind, and soul has been so infected and polluted with lies regarding the TRUTH what the Catholic Church actually believes and teaches, that (in your own desperation) you will say "ALMOST ANYTHING" and --MISQUOTE "any bible verse" in order to keep your "vindictive hate" heated up" against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True Catholic Church. You do NOT speak for God and NEVER have, when in comes to being a bible only (self-interpreting) deceiver of the TRUTH!!
~~~

YOU WROTE

+You do NOT speak for God and NEVER have, when in comes to being a bible only (self-interpreting) deceiver of the TRUTH!_

READ THE WORD OF GOD FOR YOURSELF...

Mal_3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not;

Eze 23:28 For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will deliver thee into the hand of them whom thou hatest, into the hand of them from whom thy mind is alienated:

Eze 23:29 And they shall deal with thee hatefully, and shall take away all thy labour, and shall leave thee naked and bare: and the nakedness of thy whoredoms shall be discovered, both thy lewdness and thy whoredoms.

Eze 23:30 I will do these things unto thee, because thou hast gone a whoring after the heathen, and because thou art polluted with their idols.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#480160 Oct 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confusing pride, with "CONVICTION", which is a product of spiritual insight, discernment, perseverence and firm belief. Again, the Eucharist is a gift of Gods Grace from Jesus Christ HIMSELF.....By accepting the Eucharist everyday and proclaiming it as the TRUE BODY and Blood of Christ (in which non-catholics REFUSE to believe it) is (in no way) using it as a weapon. Just because Catholics believe it and Protestants "refuse to" has absolutely (no relevance what-so-ever) in your claim that I am using it as a weapon!!(Everyone has that choice)...It's like saying "I accept and proclaim Jesus Christ every day as Lord and Savior and you say" I don't"!! so how is that using "what I profess" as a weapon........ It is a proclamation of faith...... Sorry Seraphima but you are WRONG!! If I am incorrect, I will take it up with a priest, not with someones "opinion" on this forum, which is "loaded with personal opinions" most of them anti-catholic!!!
There is this story about a monk who tended to talk a lot to his brother monks about how he fasted more strictly and longer than all of them.His teacher advised him to break the fasts very publicly in front of his fellow monks in order to break his pride.....
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#480161 Oct 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THERE SHOULD BE NOTHING BETWEEN A PERSON AND GOD
2000 years ago, Jesus Christ left us HIS ONE TRUE (Universal-Catholic Church and HE told us (in Pauls letters to Timothy 3:15 that the TRUTH has been placed, vested and remains IN HIS CHURCH,(not in the bible alone) "as the pinnacle,pillar and foundation of the TRUTH, with Bishops, priests, elder and deacons (Acts 2)
To you I (Jesus) give you Peter and the Apostles, the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Jesus IS THE SAVIOR that intercedes for us between a person and GOD HIS FATHER! For over 2000 years Peter, the Apostles (and those Bishops that follow them, were appointed (BY JESUS HIMSELF) to lead Jesus' One TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH...... If you can't understand this Confrinting, it is because you are so infected with hatred, animosity and vindictivness against the TRUTH of over 2000 years of the Catholic Church and "especially" against Jesus Christ HIMSELF, that you "continue" to be blinded to the TRUTH!! NO ONE can help you lift the "scales" off of your eyes, except Jesus Christ HIMSELF and by the power of the Holy Spirit!! Otherwise you will "continue" to remain on the "outside of the TRUTH" looking in!!!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#480162 Oct 4, 2013
Beit HaMikdash will be built someday. of this I have no doubt.it is necessary, for the time when the anti Christ sets in the Holy Place
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#480163 Oct 4, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>When someone brags about taking communion everyday its bragging. A true Christian is humble and would not brag about doing so.Call it what you want...everyone here see's it as boasting and if you want people to listen to what you have to say you should become more humble and less prideful...ps you are using the Eucharist as a weapon when you brag about having it daily.The Eucharist is Holy and should be treated with respect. Not a weapon on topix to convince non catholics that your right and there wrong.You are prideful and the most prideful of all the catholics here...sorry you cant see it.
Like I told you before, if I am wrong, it will come from a priest and not from you or any other non-catholic who came on this forum for the purpose of attacking our Catholic Faith and the TRUTH of Jesus Christs Church!!!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#480166 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
+You do NOT speak for God and NEVER have, when in comes to being a bible only (self-interpreting) deceiver of the TRUTH!_
READ THE WORD OF GOD FOR YOURSELF...
I've read it!(countless times) Why don't you seek the TRUTH and read the TRUE INTERPRETATION of what the bible actually says, means and proclaims from over 1600 years ago by the Early Church Fathers (who wrote it and correctly interpreted it), in 397AD. HOWEVER, I know that you "won't do that" because you would rather live in world of "private judgment Christianity" (by attacking the faith of other Christians--"especially Catholics") in which your "personal opinion" is the final authority!!!!!!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#480167 Oct 4, 2013
who="Clay "
True, if bow before any image that I believe is a god or believe Mary and the saints are gods/idols/divine, then I'm going to hell. That's why I would never think of these things or people as gods. I confess there is but only one God and I worship Him in the Holy Trinity.
The sad part is, I know you are aware of this, but you believe you found an 'out' by taking the first commandment out of context. You've convinced yourself God can be jealous of Mary or an image of Mary holding the infant Jesus. Absurd!
Let your pride and arrogance and words stand before God someday. Oh wait, you're so arrogant, you believe you don't have to stand before Him. You're good to go. You did an alter call and became saved for good!
You might need your yellow highlighted KJV in the next world to show Jesus how He is wrong about your scripture interpretations!!
---------
Clay...please try to understand that an 'altar call' is not a quickie mind change...nor is it a license to live any way you wish.
I've seen alcoholics, drug addicts, prostitutes, etc. changed in that meeting with Jesus (not a preacher...they only present the Word which brings about the awakening or 'new birth'...if one believes the gospel when they hear it).
Thankfully, I was young enough that I had not been caught up in such issues, but when I had that experience, it changed me. I instantly had such joy, and such an awareness of His plan for us (purity/holiness) that I did not see serving Him as a sacrifice, but a privilege. I met a REAL LIVING SAVIOR, and He is still real to me.
My 'church' is not a 'government' that makes me obey 'laws'...it is a fellowship of other believers who are to help each other follow Him.
KayMarie
God is love and infinite Mercy. There is no doubt non Catholics would experience this too. Remember, its not we Catholics who say you're going to Hell... Its you evangelicals that say we are! I believe God meets you where you're at. The born again experience is definitely felt by non Catholics when they turn towards Jesus... I myself experience this all the time. I'm going to mass in about 15 min, and I'll encounter the Lord in the Eucharist.(Luke 24: 13-35)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#480168 Oct 4, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are saying your heart comes first, yes it does.
Jesus did not go around the Priest, he fulfilled the need for them, he rendered them obsolete. He was the Last sacrifice ever needed to satisfy the Justice to pay for the price of Sin.
That is why no Temple will ever be built again, It is Finished.
No priests no sacrifices ever again needed for Jew or Gentile if we believe through faith in Christ Jesus our High Priest then we are all sons of Abraham we are all Jews God's chosen people, he has grafted us into the vine and those born Jews culturally who reject Jesus they are pruned and cut off the Vine.
....and yet there is still "sin" in the world.

Why do you believe men over what Jesus taught?

Location hidden

#480169 Oct 4, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I told you before, if I am wrong, it will come from a priest and not from you or any other non-catholic who came on this forum for the purpose of attacking our Catholic Faith and the TRUTH of Jesus Christs Church!!!!
am not saying this as to attack you or your church. I say this to you because it is how others see you....if by what you post repeatedly over a period of years has not changed anyones mind here then it is being repeated out of pride...ask you priest tomorrow when you go for your daily confession

“Nothing Ever Changes.”

Since: Oct 13

Wollongong , N.S.W Australia.

#480170 Oct 4, 2013
So the catholic church is the only real church? So as we are undergoing a Royal Commission RE, Paedophilia in Child Institutions , it is becoming patently clear to Australians that catholic priests are the true paedophiles = If they walk like a Duck and act like a Duck , Guess What !

Location hidden

#480171 Oct 4, 2013
This forum is a whirlpool of sin with everyone sinning with at least pride and wrath on a daily basis.Days turn into weeks,weeks into months,months into years. What has changed? NOTHING!!!NOONE IS DEFENDING ANYTHING BUT HIS OWN PRIDE!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#480172 Oct 4, 2013
who="Clay "
True, if bow before any image that I believe is a god or believe Mary and the saints are gods/idols/divine, then I'm going to hell. That's why I would never think of these things or people as gods. I confess there is but only one God and I worship Him in the Holy Trinity.
The sad part is, I know you are aware of this, but you believe you found an 'out' by taking the first commandment out of context. You've convinced yourself God can be jealous of Mary or an image of Mary holding the infant Jesus. Absurd!
Let your pride and arrogance and words stand before God someday. Oh wait, you're so arrogant, you believe you don't have to stand before Him. You're good to go. You did an alter call and became saved for good!
You might need your yellow highlighted KJV in the next world to show Jesus how He is wrong about your scripture interpretations!!
---------
Clay...please try to understand that an 'altar call' is not a quickie mind change...nor is it a license to live any way you wish.
I've seen alcoholics, drug addicts, prostitutes, etc. changed in that meeting with Jesus (not a preacher...they only present the Word which brings about the awakening or 'new birth'...if one believes the gospel when they hear it).
Thankfully, I was young enough that I had not been caught up in such issues, but when I had that experience, it changed me. I instantly had such joy, and such an awareness of His plan for us (purity/holiness) that I did not see serving Him as a sacrifice, but a privilege. I met a REAL LIVING SAVIOR, and He is still real to me.
My 'church' is not a 'government' that makes me obey 'laws'...it is a fellowship of other believers who are to help each other follow Him.
KayMarie
You know one thing I noticed on this,and another CATH. PROT board years,ago

Both have very odd ideas,about the other .

The altar calls I saw,were yes,...people coming to Christ ..it also served ....since it was a small congregation ..as,getting direction..a,public acknowledgement of needing guidance or a,rededication..

Communion is,not like eating flesh .

Things like that ...

It then in the middle,ages,things,spread soy Jews sacrificing babies.

I truly believe that there are true Christians in a Catholic and non Catholic Churches ..ones who love Jesus,above all..

Catholics in this age have real bible study ..not just CATECHISM.

Maybe we could,all see we have a,Saviour in common and let the Spirit do His,work on those seeking Jesus truly ..

The,rest well there are CINO in every Church ...And practices NOT IN COMMON

AND THAT WILL NOT CHANGE EVER

Just my opinion

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480173 Oct 4, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>contrary to what CIB believes or thinks, the third aand last Temple WILL BE BUILT.
TO ALL PERSONS OF THE JEWISH FAITH ALL OVER THE WORLD:
A project to rebuild the Temple of God in Israel is now being started. With Divine Guidance and Help the "Temple" will be completed. Jews will be inspired to conduct themselves in such a moral way that our Maker will see fit to pay us a visit here on earth. Imagine the warm feeling that will be ours when this happy event takes place. "THIS IS MY GOD" is the book that was the inspiration for this undertaking. God will place in the minds of many person in all walks of Jewish life the desire to participate in this work. Executive talent, Administrations, and Workers on all levels are needed. All efforts will be anonymous. GOD will know those desiring to participate.
Please write to Box M-917, The Washington Post. Under no circumstances send contributions. "GOD'S WILL WILL PREVAIL."
----------
The above advertisement appeared in the Washington Post, on May 21, 1967---before Jerusalem was liberated. The caption letters were 72 points - one inch - high. The ad occupied a space of eleven by eight inches.
Although the ban on visiting the Temple Mount is in effect it has not stopped those in Israel for thinking about the realization of a long lost dream, the rebuilding of the Temple. Once the city of Jerusalem was retaken this was no longer a pipe dream. Time magazine reported:
Since the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in AD 70, Conservative and Orthodox Jews have beseeched God four times a week to 'renew our days' as they once were---a plea for the restoration of the Temple. Although Zionism was largely a secular movement, one of its sources was the prayers of the Jews for a return to Palestine so that they could build a temple ... Learned Jewish opinion has long debated when and how the temple can be rebuilt. The great medieval philosopher Maimonides, in his Code of Jewish Law, argued that every generation of Jews was obliged to rebuild the temple if its site was ever retaken, if a leader descended from David could be found, and if the enemies of Jerusalem were destroyed.(Ref. 7).
LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS DAY AS IT HASNT COME YET!
Isaiah 2:3
Many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
I think so too ..when?????

Will that be the sight of he ABOMINATION???? Not by Jews but by Anti Christ ...???

Mysteries for the future

Location hidden

#480174 Oct 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You quoted Pope Pius IX as saying, "let all the children of the Catholic Church... proceed to worship, invoke and pray to the most Blessed Virgin Mary".
That's what you're really about eh? Could you site the cult pamphlet website where you got this quote from? I promise you my life savings (about 300 dollars) that this is a lie that you most likely know you're spreading. If the pope instructed us to worship Mary, he'd promptly be removed for going against the word of God.
I have shown you the pope worshiping Mary....wanna see it again?????

Location hidden

#480175 Oct 4, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You quoted Pope Pius IX as saying, "let all the children of the Catholic Church... proceed to worship, invoke and pray to the most Blessed Virgin Mary".
That's what you're really about eh? Could you site the cult pamphlet website where you got this quote from? I promise you my life savings (about 300 dollars) that this is a lie that you most likely know you're spreading. If the pope instructed us to worship Mary, he'd promptly be removed for going against the word of God.
Pope Worships Mary!- Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven!
www.jesus-is-savior.com/.../pope_worships_mar... Cached
A prayer to Mary offered up by the Catholic pontiff. Many deny that Catholics pray to Mary. Here is proof that not only do they pray to Mary, but ...

Mary Worship
www.inplainsite.org/html/mary_worship.html Cached
The Pope officially gave Mary the title “Queen of Heaven” and established a feast day honoring Mary, Queen of Heaven.
John Paul II worshipping Mary - presents of God ministry
www.remnantofgod.org/jp2mary.htm Cached

Pope John Paul bowing before a statue of Mary in worship.(See below right pic as well) On May 7 Pope John Paul II dedicated his general audience to "the Virgin Mary ...

Mary worship!- presents of God ministry
www.remnantofgod.org/godmary.htm Cached
FIRST BIBLICAL SIGN OF MARY WORSHIP "And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain ... POPE DECL ARES CATHOLICS MUST

WORSHIP MARY
AntiChristPope: POPE WORSHIPS CATHOLIC MARY
antichristpope.blogspot.com/.../04/pope-worsh... Cached
"Queen of peace, pray for us! Our gaze is directed toward you in great fear, to you do we turn with ever-more insistent faith in these times marked by many ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480176 Oct 4, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
This forum is a whirlpool of sin with everyone sinning with at least pride and wrath on a daily basis.Days turn into weeks,weeks into months,months into years. What has changed? NOTHING!!!NOONE IS DEFENDING ANYTHING BUT HIS OWN PRIDE!!!!
See,my post below,yours here :)

wrote it before I saw yours,

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#480177 Oct 4, 2013
Aussie Tez wrote:
So the catholic church is the only real church? So as we are undergoing a Royal Commission RE, Paedophilia in Child Institutions , it is becoming patently clear to Australians that catholic priests are the true paedophiles = If they walk like a Duck and act like a Duck , Guess What !
TRUE CHURCH because IT WAS STARTED BY JESUS.
Yours is man-made.

BILLY GRAHAM’S GRANDSON: EVANGELICALS ’WORSE’ THAN CATHOLICS ON SEX ABUSE

AUSTIN, Texas (RNS) The Christian mission field is a “magnet” for sexual abusers, Boz Tchividjian, a Liberty University law professor who investigates abuse said Thursday (Sept. 26) to a room of journalists.

While comparing evangelicals to Catholics on abuse response,”I

think we are worse,” he said at the Religion Newswriters

Association conference, saying too many evangelicals had

“sacrificed the souls” of young victims.

“Protestants can be very arrogant when pointing to Catholics,” said Tchividjian, a grandson of evangelist Billy Graham and executive director of Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment (GRACE), which has investigated sex abuse allegations.

Earlier this summer, GRACE spearheaded an online petition decrying the “silence” and “inattention” of evangelical leaders to sexual abuse in their churches.

Mission agencies,“where abuse is most prevalent,” often don’t report abuse because they fear being barred from working in foreign countries, he said. Abusers will get sent home and might join another agency. Of known data from abuse cases, 25 percent are repeat cases, he said.

More here
http://www.religionnews.com/2013/09/26/billy-...

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#480178 Oct 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
STAR
I would not know where to start on this ..I'll let someone else as,I will no longer discuss your Church
Thanks for not discussing Our Church any longer Rose, just remember the golden rule.[ Mr 7:12]
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As,for sinners,yes.
But you went around the,question of what THE CHURCH ITSELF ALLOWED.
You say you will not talk about Our Church and you go right on talking about it.
The Church allowed? you are wrong on that point.
According to the John Jay…..[did your these protestant churches allow it??]
Literally every denomination and faith tradition has its share of abuse cases, and some of the worst involve non-Catholics. Every mainline Protestant denomination has had scandals aplenty, as have Pentecostals, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Jews, Buddhists, Hare Krishnas -- and the list goes on. One Canadian Anglican (Episcopal) diocese is currently on the verge of bankruptcy as a result of massive lawsuits caused by decades of systematic abuse, yet the Anglican church does not demand celibacy of its clergy.
-----Phillip Jenkins, Professor of History and Religious Studies, Penn State.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Even your Pipe apologized in the NAME of Catholics
if you ever noticed ..I never bring up your priests that sinned ..
Our pope apologized to the victims, just as everyone should when they are harmed. How many of the above church apologize to their victims, hmmmm???
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Except I think payoffs to victims ,have forced Churches,to be sold .to get money for he,dioceses.that's,sad for a,lot of people,who saw their Church as home
I’m happy that the Church paid the victims for counseling. When a non-Catholic church harms another they just close up shop and open a new church with a new name. No pay for the poor victims. BTW all churches have insurance, they say protestant have more pay off's.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I admire the,GRAHAMS . Especially Franklin for
SAMARITANSPURSE.org
If you saw the work theses
Folks,do with an open heart you could not doubt they are,doing God's
Work and bringing God's Word to the people who are persecuted and affected by disasters and persecution.
But see you only think your Church knows,God
I say you are wrong and its prideful and demeans,God's,people and underestimated,God .
No Rose, all we ARE SAYING is that JESUS STARTED ONE, HOLY, AND APOSTOLIC CHURCH N O T 42K of them with different interpretations of THE HOLY BIBLE. We go by the teachings that were taught by JESUS HIMSELF TO THOSE that carried on HIS CHURCH.

Snipped for space.

Location hidden

#480179 Oct 4, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
TRUE CHURCH because IT WAS STARTED BY JESUS.
Yours is man-made.
BILLY GRAHAM’S GRANDSON: EVANGELICALS ’WORSE’ THAN CATHOLICS ON SEX ABUSE
AUSTIN, Texas (RNS) The Christian mission field is a “magnet” for sexual abusers, Boz Tchividjian, a Liberty University law professor who investigates abuse said Thursday (Sept. 26) to a room of journalists.
While comparing evangelicals to Catholics on abuse response,”I
think we are worse,” he said at the Religion Newswriters
Association conference, saying too many evangelicals had
“sacrificed the souls” of young victims.
“Protestants can be very arrogant when pointing to Catholics,” said Tchividjian, a grandson of evangelist Billy Graham and executive director of Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment (GRACE), which has investigated sex abuse allegations.
Earlier this summer, GRACE spearheaded an online petition decrying the “silence” and “inattention” of evangelical leaders to sexual abuse in their churches.
Mission agencies,“where abuse is most prevalent,” often don’t report abuse because they fear being barred from working in foreign countries, he said. Abusers will get sent home and might join another agency. Of known data from abuse cases, 25 percent are repeat cases, he said.
More here
http://www.religionnews.com/2013/09/26/billy-...
And now what will he post back to you? Nothing changes here.Set the example and raise above all this.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#480180 Oct 4, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I DONT run to my hubby for help. this is a public forum and he is entitled to respond to ANY POST he wishes..Are You jealous of the relationship that Nick and I have???? you must be or you wouldn't mention it...
Too idiotic for a reply, silly silly older women.

8-}

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web