Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687223 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#480032 Oct 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how I interpret the verse. Who are you to say I'm wrong. How about I declare myself a super supreme Bishop Minister and excommunicate you from protestantland?

~~~

YOU WROTE

How about I declare myself a super supreme Bishop Minister and excommunicate you from protestantland?

___

APPARENTLY THAT IS WHAT YOUR POPE HAS ALREADY ATTEMPTED TO DO.

There is no scripture that declares the POPE to be a BISHOP...

YET FOR EONS

Each pope has...

stated its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the

only true church of Jesus Christ.

SCRIPTURALY .... He has no more AUTHORITY THAN YOU DO ..
Clay

Warwick, RI

#480033 Oct 3, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU can interpret this verse any way that you wish.
what is important is what the verse says, not what it doesn't say. which is why you are a catholic and I am a Christian.
you aren't smart enough to understand English.
So when Christ says to Peter: "I'll give you the keys to the kingdom of Heaven, whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven; whatever you lose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven",
He really didn't mean what we Catholics think?
What about when Jesus says, "this is my Body"?

See, you contradicted yourself. These verses are very clear, but you reject them.
2Tim 1:16-18 isn't quite as detailed. But we can use our God-given logic and draw the conclusion that Paul was speaking about a man who was no longer alive.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#480034 Oct 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how I interpret the verse. Who are you to say I'm wrong. How about I declare myself a super supreme Bishop Minister and excommunicate you from protestantland?
Clay, are you talking about Onesiphorus in 2 Timothy? St. Paul praying for the dead? If so, I just came across this which might help:

Onesiphorus and Paulís Prayer for the Dead
http://www.catholic-convert.com/wp-content/up...

The article includes some quotes from protestants who interpret the passage the same way.

I've an Ignatius Catholic Study Bible here and Scott Hahn and Curtis Mitch also come to the same conclusion, that it's an early example of the Christian practice of praying for the dead.

#480035 Oct 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
How about I declare myself a super supreme Bishop Minister and excommunicate you from protestantland?
___
YET FOR EONS
Each pope has...
~~~
THE ONLY AUTHORITY THAT THE POPE HAS

IS BY VIRTUE OF THE FACT THAT

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY HAS ASSUMED HIM THERE..

THERE IS NO SCRIPTURE THAT AUTHENTICATES HIM OR GIVES HIM ANY AUTHORITY

from God...

And you cannot produce any....
Clay

Warwick, RI

#480036 Oct 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
___
YET FOR EONS
Each pope has...
No Pope has ever said, "Roman Catholic Church only true Church".
Anyway, scripture doesn't infallibly interpret itself. It takes an infallible body to interpret it.
Also, Jesus never left us with a list of Books to include in the future Christian Bible. Therefore, it took an infallible group to sit down and compile the list. Unfortunately for you, it was a Pope and other Bishops from the Catholic Church.

#480037 Oct 3, 2013
THE ONLY AUTHORITY THAT THE POPE HAS

IS BY VIRTUE OF THE FACT THAT

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY HAS ASSUMED HIM THERE..

THERE IS NO SCRIPTURE THAT AUTHENTICATES HIM OR GIVES HIM ANY AUTHORITY

from God...

And you cannot produce any....

There is no scripture that connects peter to a Pope in Rome Italy

and there is no scripture that ties your pope to Peter..

and no one can produce one...

THERE IS NONE THERE.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#480038 Oct 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So when Christ says to Peter: "I'll give you the keys to the kingdom of Heaven, whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven; whatever you lose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven",
He really didn't mean what we Catholics think?
What about when Jesus says, "this is my Body"?
See, you contradicted yourself. These verses are very clear, but you reject them.
2Tim 1:16-18 isn't quite as detailed. But we can use our God-given logic and draw the conclusion that Paul was speaking about a man who was no longer alive.
why don't you tell us what you catholics think that those keys are.

just your words not some spam. Anthony doesn't like spam.lol

#480039 Oct 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyway, scripture doesn't infallibly interpret itself. It takes an infallible body to interpret it.
Also, Jesus never left us with a list of Books to include in the future Christian Bible. Therefore, it took an infallible group to sit down and compile the list. Unfortunately for you, it was a Pope and other Bishops from the Catholic Church.
~~~
IF PER CHANCE CHRIST BUILT HIS CHURCH UPON PETER...(WHICH IS AN

ERRONEOUS ASSUMPTION)

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY HAS NO MORE CLAIM TO IT...SCRIPTURALLY...

THAN ANY
OTHER GROUP THAT CLAIMS TO BE CHRISTIAN....ON THE EARTH..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#480040 Oct 3, 2013
anyway, Jesus NEVER gave Peter or anyone else the Authority to keep someone out of Heaven, only to Preach the Gospel so that people would be able to enter Heaven.

common sense 101.

clay aint smart enough to figure out those words spoke to the disciples(plural)

#480041 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
IF PER CHANCE CHRIST BUILT HIS CHURCH UPON PETER...(WHICH IS AN
ERRONEOUS ASSUMPTION)
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY HAS NO MORE CLAIM TO IT...SCRIPTURALLY...
THAN ANY
OTHER GROUP THAT CLAIMS TO BE CHRISTIAN....ON THE EARTH..
~~~
GOD'S WORD HAS GIVEN REFERENCE TO ONLY TWO DIVISIONS

THEY ARE JEWS AND GENTILES...

HE HAS CREATED NO OTHER..

AND BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS HE BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER AND CREATED ONE NEW MAN

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

THE only OTHER DIVISIONS

IN THE BIBLE IS

THE BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT (received salvation) AND THOSE THAT ARE NOT

and only two destinies ...heaven to gain and hell to shun..

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#480042 Oct 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You have?
*looks around and peeks into other rooms*
Where?
Can you please explain "self" to me.I see you post that in reply to other posts at times.

#480043 Oct 3, 2013
who="Clay "

----------
2Ti 1:16 The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain:
2Ti 1:17 But, when he was in Rome, he sought me out very diligently, and found me.
2Ti 1:18 The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well.

Phm 1:10 I beseech thee for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds:
Phm 1:11 Which in time past was to thee unprofitable, but now profitable to thee and to me:
Phm 1:12 Whom I have sent again: thou therefore receive him, that is, mine own bowels:
Phm 1:13 Whom I would have retained with me, that in thy stead he might have ministered unto me in the bonds of the gospel:
Phm 1:14 But without thy mind would I do nothing; that thy benefit should not be as it were of necessity, but willingly.
Phm 1:15 For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him for ever;
Phm 1:16 Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?
Phm 1:17 If thou count me therefore a partner, receive him as myself.
Phm 1:18 If he hath wronged thee, or oweth thee ought, put that on mine account;

What makes you think that Onesimus was dead?

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#480044 Oct 3, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Can you please explain "self" to me.I see you post that in reply to other posts at times.
I think it pertains to a certain Seinfeld episode called "The Contest".

#480045 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
GOD'S WORD HAS GIVEN REFERENCE TO ONLY TWO DIVISIONS
THEY ARE JEWS AND GENTILES...
HE HAS CREATED NO OTHER..
AND BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS HE BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER AND CREATED ONE NEW MAN
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
THE only OTHER DIVISIONS
IN THE BIBLE IS
THE BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT (received salvation) AND THOSE THAT ARE NOT
and only two destinies ...heaven to gain and hell to shun..
~~~

God has not named any certain group denomination of sect dominion over another.

He has not designated or given any religious group authority to rule over his Church on the earth...

Fact is

Jesus told his apostles.. the exact opposite

Luk 22:24 And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.

Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.

Luk 22:26 But ye shall not be so:

but he that is greatest among you,

let him be as the younger; and

he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

Luk 22:27 For whether is greater,

he that sitteth at meat,

or he that serveth?

is not he that sitteth at meat?

but I am among you as he that serveth.

Luk 22:28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.

Luk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Luk 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table

in my kingdom, and

sit on thrones judging

the twelve tribes of Israel.

#480046 Oct 3, 2013
who="Clay "

----------

Headline of this page today:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

An infallible group ??? God alone is infallible!

KM
truth

Claremont, Australia

#480047 Oct 3, 2013
funny people with corupt diploma ..phobia
-its mean who can and who can't
or
-you can't see
-you can't hear

o well people with addiction to be something

human desire
to know
to have what so ever
Who can't?
Who say that?
lust jealous and so on

now
peace of corupt paper
anybody can print this or that

in future not will be comfort in leaders

who say that
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
truth

Claremont, Australia

#480048 Oct 3, 2013
It is written.

They will come in my name its not me.

#480049 Oct 3, 2013
It is God's will that the whole body of Christ should exert HIS power on the earth under the leadership of the
Holy Ghost...

Jesus spoke of THIS POWER (before he ascended)

He said

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive

--> power,---defined in Greek
dunamis
doo'-nam-is

..force (literally or figuratively); specifically miraculous power (usually by implication a miracle itself):- ability, abundance, meaning, might (-ily,-y,-y deed),(worker of) miracle (-s), power, strength, violence, mighty (wonderful) work.

--->after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and

ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in

all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

(note the definition above does not include dominion over other Christians or to witness of any particular religious organization)

It is power to witness of Christ..

" witnesses unto me/Christ."
truth

Claremont, Australia

#480050 Oct 3, 2013
northen canstelation
very nice cylinder projection

word have 6-7 letters
i just used 2 last
i transfer them into reality

perfection
on ordinary way with ordinary pen
perfect map
design is part of creation

good
my people don't believe how much others hurt them

evil is evil
lust and possession are worst then anything on this planet much more..

who say that where are I am?
I am within you.

Can I have that for money.
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo
truth

Claremont, Australia

#480051 Oct 3, 2013
what a about corupt judges lawyers and so on
who they are
nobodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
not at all
is that nice
noooooooooo
why should be
then
full explanation is
on action reaction
corupt org serve corupt org.

by
n

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Kennedy 10,635
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Tue Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web