Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,395
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#479748 Oct 2, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, I'm glad you recognized yourself in my post! Your anger is the first step toward recovery. Unfortunately, you've not gotten past it. Get help, it's available for you. In the meantime, we're making allowances for you as you continue in your abuse. But it won't last forever, so do make more of an effort.
I can make an allowance with you Regina. How you ever cussed on this forum? Whether it was an actually word or just the initials of a cuss word?

Here is your chance and then we can bury it.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479749 Oct 2, 2013
Catholic wrote:
<quoted text>
I may not agree with the public statement, but I do believe in its ideology.
Catholicism reigns supreme as a religion.
As a religion...yes, it is the largest. As for relationship....no relationship. Mary reigns supreme. Statue after statue after statue of "your" beloved mother Mary. She is exalted above all things. How sad and lost.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#479750 Oct 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus,said ..Peer Said
Believe and be baptized
Repent (because you believe ) and Be baptized
I believe we ate washed clean by the BLOOD of our Saviour
Baptism is the sign He gave us,to show we have died to sin..live in Christ ...
We accept he free,gift of faith ...when are baptized ..
.in obedience .
If s,person has,an accident ..has been on the fence ..bring called by the Spirit . Can he be saved at the last ..like the field workers,.
We are,told yes ..no baptism ..
Now,in thinking on this .
If one is baptized as a,baby ..is taught his is sufficient
Comes to rue FAITH in your Saviuor ..at some point ..
They are,BORN of the SPIRIT ..I believe they will be saved .
The Spirit comes to us WHERE WE ARE,...when He chooses ..how,He chooses ..And we,are judged by what we know .
If Our hearts,..And souls and Spirits are with Him.in Union... it's His judge ..
So you believe it's a symbolic gesture, and don't believe it actually does anything.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#479751 Oct 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"Therefore who helps us in understanding Holy Scripture and who guides us? First the Holy Spirit and secondly Tradition and the Holy Fathers over the many centuries which have helped with the interpretations of the Bible."
You gave Christ His walking papers????!!!!! What happened????
==========

Did I fall down the Rabbit Hole?

I SAID I use Christ for guidance. You criticized this and said you use the Word.

YOU SAID #479705
You are welcome to follow your meology...I will follow the Word of God:

CHRISTIANS DO NOT SEEK THE GUIDANCE OF CHRIST...no need...we rely on, accept, and live by His promise:
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Evidently you don't live by His Word....

ANSWERING PAD I SAID:

SCRIPTURES always come first- Over tradition, Over any other source
Therefore who helps us in understanding Holy Scripture and who guides us? First the Holy Spirit and secondly Tradition and the Holy Fathers over the many centuries which have helped with the interpretations of the Bible.
The Fathers can err.
The only Fathers' writings that are accepted are those backed by Scripture. The Fathers quote very very extensively from Scripture to back their statements.

YOU SAID:#479732
"You gave Christ His walking papers????!!!!! What happened????"

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#479752 Oct 2, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I said I use Christ for guidance. You criticized this and said you use the Word.Thats all. I am studying. No time for roundy rounders
"Therefore who helps us in understanding Holy Scripture and who guides us? First the Holy Spirit and secondly Tradition and the Holy Fathers over the many centuries which have helped with the interpretations of the Bible."

You gave Christ His walking papers????!!!!! What happened????

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#479753 Oct 2, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Forgive me for being a bit confused Dan, but are you saying baptism remits sin and regenerates only if it's preceded by repentence and acceptance of Christ by a cognitive person? And is there something other than symbolism in the action of the water and the invocation of the Blessed Trinity?

----------
Every sensible parent bathes (baptizes) their children...regardless of their religious beliefs. It does not make the child a 'Christian'.(Even atheists do this 'act of cleansing'.)
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#479754 Oct 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
By what authority do you decide a doctrine is unbiblical? What do you say to another protestant who says he's led by scripture and the Holy Spirit to declare your doctrine unbiblical?
I understand you have no defense for the RCC, your sect being the one true deposit of faith with an unbroken Apostolic line is one big fat lie.

RCC history tells us so with out doubt.

YOU keep going in circles and you keep refusing to acknowledge the emperor has no clothes.

Your post is a diversion and nothing more, a way for you to try and change the subject.

I don't play games.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#479755 Oct 2, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can make an allowance with you Regina. How you ever cussed on this forum? Whether it was an actually word or just the initials of a cuss word?
Here is your chance and then we can bury it.
Not so fast. What game is this you play? You've been continually foul-mouthed and abusive to me and every other Catholic on this board. You've also regularly given a pass to and condoned the abuse of Catholics by others. To your detriment, you've taken lessons from your mentor, so your question is dishonest. An apology from you will certainly bury it.
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#479756 Oct 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You spammed me with pages of Webster's opinions when, if you knew me, would know that I always read links people provide, in fact, I've read lots of stuff written by Webster. On the other hand, I will, occasionally, paste an article here for people who ask a question, but refuse to examine the link I provide. Big difference.
Oh pharisee of Pharisees I see you have rules for everybody else that don't apply to you and then one rule for yourself, I can do what ever I want.

You'd make a good Pope your hypocrisy is top quality..
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#479758 Oct 2, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand you have no defense for the RCC, your sect being the one true deposit of faith with an unbroken Apostolic line is one big fat lie.
RCC history tells us so with out doubt.
YOU keep going in circles and you keep refusing to acknowledge the emperor has no clothes.
Your post is a diversion and nothing more, a way for you to try and change the subject.
I don't play games.
I understand that I have made several points with you regarding Webster/Church fathers, scripture and authority and you have done nothing but respond with ad hominem attacks and tired cliches'. Seriously, who's the one playing games, diverting and failing to defend?

#479759 Oct 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again---I am saying that the "written WORD of God, as we know it (in the bible today, NEVER EXISTED until the Early Church Fathers, gave us the bible in 383,392, and 397AD. When Jesus Christ initiated HIS 1st Church at Antioch (Acts 2) the Apostles proclaimed the WORD OF GOD----directly from the "oral" teachings handed down by Jesus HIMSELF.(the "unwritten Word". THERE WAS NO BIBLE (the WRITTEN WORD OF GOD)!!!! In I thess 2:13 Paul confirms this by saying that the oral teachings of the Apostles are the Word of God which is exactly what was taught in the 1st century Church by the Apostles..... Paul re-confirms this aqain in 2 Thess 2:15 when he tells us we are to know the Gospel by "holding fast
to the traditions" handed down to us by the Apsostles from Jesus HIMSELF, whether by WORD OF MOUTH (orally) or by THE LETTER (written. He NEVER says the written only). Scripture doesn't say that all Christians teaching is to be found in Scripture!! Scripture tells us to obey Tradition as well. These teachings were handed down from the Apostles to the Early Church Fathers, who wrote about these things "in great detail". This is why Catholics believe in Sola Verbum dei (the Word of God alone). This word comes directly from Christ and the Apostles through both the written and the oral tradition,(again) 2 Thess 2:15 which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus HIMSELF built in Matt 16:13-21, I Tim 3:15) The ineffable wisdom of God is made known through His Church (Eph.3:9-10...... I suggest that you read TRUE Apostolic Church History and discover how the Early Christians "interpreted the Word of God" and not you and your other 21 century preachers. If you do, you will be in a "holy shock"!!!
~~~

I have told you what the truth is... OVER AND OVER AGAIN and you reject it...

I HAVE GIVEN YOU HUNDREDS OF SCRIPTURES OVER THE YEARS...AND THEY HAVE FALLEN TO DEAF EARS...

JUST REMEMBER THIS...WHEN IT HAPPENS...YOU WERE WARNED

Pro 29:1 He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#479760 Oct 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Forgive me for being a bit confused Dan, but are you saying baptism remits sin and regenerates only if it's preceded by repentence and acceptance of Christ by a cognitive person? And is there something other than symbolism in the action of the water and the invocation of the Blessed Trinity?
----------
Every sensible parent bathes (baptizes) their children...regardless of their religious beliefs. It does not make the child a 'Christian'.(Even atheists do this 'act of cleansing'.)
So when St. Paul says;

"In our baptism, we have been buried with him, died like him, that so, just as Christ was raised up by his Fatherís power from the dead, we too might live and move in a new kind of existence. "

and

"All you who have been baptized in Christís name have put on the person of Christ; no more Jew or Gentile, no more slave and freeman, no more male and female; you are all one person in Jesus Christ."

We aren't really Christians?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#479761 Oct 2, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so fast. What game is this you play? You've been continually foul-mouthed and abusive to me and every other Catholic on this board. You've also regularly given a pass to and condoned the abuse of Catholics by others. To your detriment, you've taken lessons from your mentor, so your question is dishonest. An apology from you will certainly bury it.
I didn't think you'd admit to it...

I have been foul mouthed and abusive to you??? Really..show me a post.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#479762 Oct 2, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh pharisee of Pharisees I see you have rules for everybody else that don't apply to you and then one rule for yourself, I can do what ever I want.
You'd make a good Pope your hypocrisy is top quality..
To be honest, I think people who pick up a bible and think they know better than the Christians who were taught by the apostles are the height of arrogance and appoint themselves paper popes with more power than a pope has ever had.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#479763 Oct 2, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think you'd admit to it...
I have been foul mouthed and abusive to you??? Really..show me a post.
I never said I didn't, chuck, as you well know. That's why you rephrased it. Dishonest of you. Yes, you have been. Do you think only certain words are foul and abusive?? Not very spiritually discerning of you. I'm surprised (see, I just paid you a compliment).

Okay, in a spirit of good will I'll give you a chance to save face. What is your take on Christ's advice(?) to us to be perfect as our heavenly Father is perfect? I'm not sure that any of us can be perfect, and certainly not *that* perfect. We're to make that our goal, yes, but.... I'm certain you know what I mean. What do you think?

#479764 Oct 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, I think people who pick up a bible and think they know better than the Christians who were taught by the apostles are the height of arrogance and appoint themselves paper popes with more power than a pope has ever had.
~~~

HOW CAN A PERSON BE A PAPER POPE

WHEN THE POSITION OF POPE DOES NOT EXIST...

ONLY IN YOU IMAGINATION AND INVENTIONS...

THE BIBLE SAYS NOTHING ABOUT A POPE...

YOU CANNOT PROVIDE A BOOK CHAPTER OR A VERSE THAT

REMOTELY REFERS TO A POPE..
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#479765 Oct 2, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I didn't, chuck, as you well know. That's why you rephrased it. Dishonest of you. Yes, you have been. Do you think only certain words are foul and abusive?? Not very spiritually discerning of you. I'm surprised (see, I just paid you a compliment).
Okay, in a spirit of good will I'll give you a chance to save face. What is your take on Christ's advice(?) to us to be perfect as our heavenly Father is perfect? I'm not sure that any of us can be perfect, and certainly not *that* perfect. We're to make that our goal, yes, but.... I'm certain you know what I mean. What do you think?
You call me dishonest and you want to be pals..no thanks.

Anyway...what did I re-phrase? Did you cuss are not?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#479766 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I'm just using your definition of a pope. We don't use it.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#479767 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Kay, is a person who has put on Christ in baptism not a Christian?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#479768 Oct 2, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You call me dishonest and you want to be pals..no thanks.
Anyway...what did I re-phrase? Did you cuss are not?
That's fine, it's up to you. I offered the olive branch, in spite of your dishonesty...which you persist in, by the way. Talk about rabbit holes!!
What a pity that you've chosen to follow down his path. And for what, a pat or two on the head? How many months/years did he play this same game with someone else, to the point that people were recognizing him as being mentally unstable? We all watched, and now you're taking up the torch. What a pity. Have a good one, charles. God help you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,881
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight Jan 26 SpaceBlues 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
More from around the web