Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658633 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#479981 Oct 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Too much like Old Country Buffet. I love it when people fill their plates with greasy cafeteria food at about 6000 calories, then order a diet Coke...lol. I'm pretty good cook, so I cook at home mostly, love cooking German and Italian. It would be my pleasure to prepare a Schnitzel and Spaetzle or Chicken Saltimboca for you and Nick, you'd never go back to Golden Corral!
Veal Parm?

Chicken Marsala??

Sigh..still don't fly

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#479982 Oct 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony!! I am sure that you know by now, that, "attacking our TRUE Catholic Faith" is the only thing that ANY of these bible only Protestants "have going for them"!..... It is a MUST, it is a PRIORITY, it is a PREREQUISITE for "every Protestant bible only fundamentists" on this forum, to attack, condemn, judge and the TRUE FAITH and Salvation of the Catholic, Faith, the Catholic Doctrine, the Catholic Church and "even" the spoken and expressed words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF (in the Gospels) in order for ANY of them to survive! They CANNOT, and they WILL NOT (EVER) exist on their own Protestant bible only (self-interpreting) beliefs without "ripping into our Catholic Faith". That is "exactly why" discussion, debate, or deliberation with them is "a total waste of time". Your not going to convince ANY of them! They are like Prodigal Sons in Luke 15:11 ,,defiant and rebellious...... Only by the Grace of God, through the power of the Holy Spirit, through our personal prayers for each one of them, in the name of Jesus Christ, will they (eventually) "COME TO THEIR SENSES"!!
Is this the type fo Catholic you want sitting next to you in the pew?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#479983 Oct 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a selective memory, chuck. Why am I not surprised?
to which I responded:
*Nothing* to do with Rev 1:5 or the "shedding of blood" or anything else.*Everything* to do with your hypocrisy.
So chill out and stop trying to drag Anthony into yet another one of your messes.
Smile. Be happy, don't worry!
You messed it didn't you dumb dumb...hope Clay doesn't see this.

You run to the aid of Just Sayin after what I said to him not even acknowledging that he insulted me.

I have to bring Anthony in it because he rebuked me on something similar with Ox. We'll see how he responds. Thanks

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#479984 Oct 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One time..I had been in the hospital for days hoping my condition would resolve (( obstruction))
I got critical ..had emergency surgery at night .
I had found my way just at year .
The anesthesiologist ..then the surgeon talked to me ..I'm quite sure I told them both God bless you ( was on pain shot )))
I was afraid ..But I remember clearly a verse I had heard fairly recently ..ABSENT FROM THE BODY ..PRESENT WITH LORD....I became very calm ...And peaceful ..
It's hard to explain ...I knew I'd be fine either way ..
Thank you Lord ..almost forgot that ..thanks Nick
It goes beyong words. You have been there. Thanks.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#479985 Oct 3, 2013
The biggest source of Catholic members come from the ranks of infants...they have no choice..I was one of them..

Entry into the Church
Eighty-four percent of adult Catholics entered the Church as infants. Eight percent were baptized as children, 1 percent as teens, and 7 percent were received into the Church as adults (75 percent of these adults went through the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults or RCIA). Nearly half of the adult Catholics who entered the Church as adults (48 percent) did so between the ages of 18 and 29.

They are duped from the start. They take advantage of the fact that a child will believe his parents and/or the priest. Few ever have their eyes and ears opened....and are happy on the wide and broad path that leads to destruction.

Albuquerque, NM

#479986 Oct 3, 2013
marge wrote:
Question: "What does the Bible say about praying for the dead?"
Answer: Praying for the dead is not a biblical concept. Our prayers have no bearing on someone once he or she has died. The reality is that, at the point of death, one’s eternal destiny is confirmed. Either he is saved through faith in Christ and is in heaven where he is experiencing rest and joy in God’s presence, or he is in torment in hell. The story of the rich man and Lazarus the beggar provides us with a vivid illustration of this truth. Jesus plainly used this story to teach that after death the unrighteous are eternally separated from God, that they remember their rejection of the gospel, that they are in torment, and that their condition cannot be remedied (Luke 16:19-31).
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/praying-for-the-d...
...and yet, at wakes, we see people praying for the dead.

You aren't Jewish, nor are these "laws" in affect today in our society.

Why will you quote certain biblical laws and promote them, qwhen you don't promote or abide by others?

Picking and choosing your way through the Bible led you to the confusion you seem to be having now.

Albuquerque, NM

#479987 Oct 3, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
For the Devil, who wishes to destroy all things, or rather to succeed at our spiritual destruction, resorts to the following ruse.
On the one hand, with some, he tries to cover their sins and to make them forget them, so as to create pride in these men.
On the other hand, he constantly exposes the sins of neophytes whose souls have not yet been strengthened before them and exaggerates these sins, so as to drive such neophytes to despair, until they abandon their ascetic efforts.
For this reason, then, these still irresolute souls we must care for with tenderness and remind them continually of the boundless compassion and kindness of God.
Among other things, we must emphasize that our Lord is merciful and long-enduring and that he annuls his righteous judgments against wrong-doers, as long as they surely repent.
To render this teaching of ours convincing, we will bring forth examples from Holy Scripture, which will reveal to the souls of our listeners the endless compassion of the Lord towards those who have sinned and repented.
For example, let us recall that Raab was a prostitute, but was saved through her faith; St.
Paul was a persecutor, but through repentance became a chosen vessel; and the thief who was crucified together with Christ on Golgotha, who had stolen and murdered, first opened the door of Paradise with one word of repentance: "Remember me, Lord, when Thou comest into Thy Kingdom."
Moreover, let us cite the instance of St. Matthew, who was appointed to the Apostolic ranks by the Lord and who, even though a former tax collector, relates the parable of the tax collector as well as that of the Prodigal Son. So in general, let us bring to mind all of the stories in this regard which emphasize the worth of repentance and which extol the compassion of God towards the repentant man.
On the other hand, we must correct those souls who are ruled by pride by providing them with greater examples, just as we give the weaker souls encouragement, so as not to be ruled by despair.
Let us take an example from the work of the best gardeners, who, when they see that a plant is of small stature and sickly, water it profusely and care for it greatly, so that it will grow and be strong; while, when they see in a plant the premature development of sprouts, they immediately trim the useless sprouts, so that the plant does not quickly wither.
Likewise, physicians give rich nourishment to some patients, prescribing that they walk, while to others they give a strict diet and require them to remain at rest.
Excerpts from the Evergetinos Synkletike
Matthew 3:2 - And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Joel 2:13 - And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he [is] gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
Psalms 38:18 - For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.
Mark 1:4 - John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
Psalms 51:7-17 - Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Psalms 51:1-4 -Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Luke 3:3 - And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;
Mark 6:12 - And they went out, and preached that men should repent.
Psalms 41:4 - I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.
Job 13:23 - How many [are] mine iniquities and sins? make me to know my transgression and my sin.
Mark 2:17 - When Jesus heard [it], he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Have you ever seen the "Devil"?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#479988 Oct 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And God Bless you too Regina. The one thing I wish more than anything about this thread is that we could have considerate and respectful dialogue and share our faith without personal insults and hard feelings. There are those here who when they feel their beliefs about what the bible says are challenged, or start questioning themselves as to whether they really get it right, start lashing out with insults and attacks, posting priest abuse stories, scream in capital letters that we are going to hell, accuse us of pagan idol worship, you know the story. These are people who are weak in their faith. I pray they can open their hearts and minds and consider us fellow Christians. If not, well, we know in Whom we take refuge. Pax Christi.
I do agree with you! Everyone should set aside their pride and come together and be willing to share and learn from one another and NOT point the fingers.EVERYONE should stop the personal attacks and debate in a Christian manner. Not One of Us is sinless! We will All be judged and honestly it would please me and God if we All got along..GBu

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#479989 Oct 3, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>If you are not sincere in your heart, then why should nick share anything with you.
It scares me to know that you are equal to God!!!!

But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for [the LORD seeth] not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Location hidden

#479990 Oct 3, 2013
marge wrote:
Question: "Is baptism necessary for salvation? What is baptismal regeneration?"
Answer: Baptismal regeneration is the belief that a person must be baptized in order to be saved. It is our contention that baptism is an important step of obedience for a Christian, but we adamantly reject baptism as being required for salvation. We strongly believe that each and every Christian should be water baptized by immersion. Baptism illustrates a believer’s identification with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Romans 6:3-4 declares,“Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” The action of being immersed in the water illustrates dying and being buried with Christ. The action of coming out of the water pictures Christ’s resurrection.
Requiring anything in addition to faith in Jesus Christ for salvation is a works-based salvation. To add anything to the gospel is to say that Jesus' death on the cross was not sufficient to purchase our salvation. To say we must be baptized in order to be saved is to say we must add our own good works and obedience to Christ's death in order to make it sufficient for salvation. Jesus' death alone paid for our sins (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus' payment for our sins is appropriated to our “account” by faith alone (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8-9). Therefore, baptism is an important step of obedience after salvation but cannot be a requirement for salvation.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/baptism-salvation...
==========

GotQuestions.org is a volunteer ministry of dedicated and trained servants who have a desire to assist others in their understanding of God, Scripture, salvation, and other spiritual topics.

Our writing staff includes pastors, youth pastors, missionaries, biblical counselors, Bible/Christian College students, Seminary students, and lay students of God's Word.

All of our answers are reviewed for biblical and theological accuracy by our staff, with final approval given by our President and Founder, S. Michael Houdmann. He possesses a Bachelor's degree in Biblical Studies from Calvary Bible College and a Master's degree in Christian Theology from Calvary Theological Seminary.

WHY DO YOU BELIEVE MEN?? MEN WHOSE NAMES YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW?????
Pad

Rockford, IL

#479991 Oct 3, 2013
Does anyone here know that I attended a PRESBYTERIAN Masters of Community Counseling program. LOL My mother is Methodist. My grandmother was Baptist. My best friend is Catholic. I studied independently for 1 year with a Catholic sister.I am helping my daughter and son in law find a "Bible Believing church" for them and my grandson. daughter and son in law and grandson.LOL
A real melting pot! Your post to me about the 100 Orthodox priests and the vision,was good,I can't argue with you about your response.It is good to know they go to the Scriptures first. The Bible is the truth about the Truth(Jesus). Our conversion to Christ is the truth about the truth (Bible),about the Truth(Jesus). It is most probable that when we enter that equation of truth about the truth about the Truth(Jesus) some error can cloud the picture due to the human participation.

What happened to us when we convert to Him is truth and perfect,because He is Perfect,but if our own thinking and that which we had in us before our conversion interferes with what is truth,than error is more than possible.Simple as that! But what Christ does to us is pure truth,He does not change or alter His Holy Will to please our nature.Nevertheless,we are human and carry much garbage with us. Think of when you worked with Mentally challenged people. The drugs you used may change their attitudes and their behavior for a time,but that whole mindset which remains in the person,is still there,and surfaces when the person slacks on taking those prescription drugs.

That is why a believer must continue to live,and pray,and walk with the Lord,because that old sinful mindset has not been removed,but is dormant,and the believer has to wage warfare against that former mindset.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#479992 Oct 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You messed it didn't you dumb dumb...hope Clay doesn't see this.
You run to the aid of Just Sayin after what I said to him not even acknowledging that he insulted me.
I have to bring Anthony in it because he rebuked me on something similar with Ox. We'll see how he responds. Thanks
:)

Location hidden

#479993 Oct 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen the "Devil"?
I would not know the devil if I saw him. I have seen real true evil of the kind that sickens your stomach face to face, in person.I have seen evil in many forms. The devil, being of the supernatural world, would evade our limited knowledge, conceptual ability, and language. My model of evil and Goodness includes God and the Devil.Its how I have come to understand it.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#479994 Oct 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
I can tell by your past posts when you cuss at people that the smiley face is a fake but thanks anyway.

You truly are a catholic though...lol
Pad

Rockford, IL

#479995 Oct 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
The biggest source of Catholic members come from the ranks of infants...they have no choice..I was one of them..
Entry into the Church
Eighty-four percent of adult Catholics entered the Church as infants. Eight percent were baptized as children, 1 percent as teens, and 7 percent were received into the Church as adults (75 percent of these adults went through the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults or RCIA). Nearly half of the adult Catholics who entered the Church as adults (48 percent) did so between the ages of 18 and 29.
They are duped from the start. They take advantage of the fact that a child will believe his parents and/or the priest. Few ever have their eyes and ears opened....and are happy on the wide and broad path that leads to destruction.
There was a news worthy article that surfaced in Britain about thousands of English,Irish,Welsh and Scottish citizens who renounced their birth baptism into the Church of England,Scotland and Wales(also Ireland). Although those people were agnostic or atheist,they did have the right to challenge such things,as they were not given the choice as infants to accept or reject the Anglican or Presbyterian churches.

God wants us to know what kind of a decision we are making,when considering conversion to His Holy Name!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#479996 Oct 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It scares me to know that you are equal to God!!!!
But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for [the LORD seeth] not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
OX...no Never could I be His equal!

Location hidden

#479997 Oct 3, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>A real melting pot! Your post to me about the 100 Orthodox priests and the vision,was good,I can't argue with you about your response.It is good to know they go to the Scriptures first. The Bible is the truth about the Truth(Jesus). Our conversion to Christ is the truth about the truth (Bible),about the Truth(Jesus). It is most probable that when we enter that equation of truth about the truth about the Truth(Jesus) some error can cloud the picture due to the human participation.
What happened to us when we convert to Him is truth and perfect,because He is Perfect,but if our own thinking and that which we had in us before our conversion interferes with what is truth,than error is more than possible.Simple as that! But what Christ does to us is pure truth,He does not change or alter His Holy Will to please our nature.Nevertheless,we are human and carry much garbage with us. Think of when you worked with Mentally challenged people. The drugs you used may change their attitudes and their behavior for a time,but that whole mindset which remains in the person,is still there,and surfaces when the person slacks on taking those prescription drugs.
That is why a believer must continue to live,and pray,and walk with the Lord,because that old sinful mindset has not been removed,but is dormant,and the believer has to wage warfare against that former mindset.
I could not agree with you more. Every time man speaks of God man's own imperfection adds or takes something away. God speaks for Himself when we are in communion with Him.through us We must know our limitations.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#479998 Oct 3, 2013
See you all tomorrow,maybe? I have to run to work,well a fast ride by auto to be exact. Always a pleasure reading some of your posts,you have contribute so much,and have faith,and those of you who lack faith,you share that of what you understand,and that means a great deal as well.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#479999 Oct 3, 2013
<quoted text>I could not agree with you more. Every time man speaks of God man's own imperfection adds or takes something away. God speaks for Himself when we are in communion with Him.through us We must know our limitations.
My Greek brother,how are you? Don't answer that too quickly,I have to go! Get some more sun,you look a little bit pale today!D a n!
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480000 Oct 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, I think people who pick up a bible and think they know better than the Christians who were taught by the apostles are the height of arrogance and appoint themselves paper popes with more power than a pope has ever had.
I don't think the Holy Spirit is any less affective today than he was in 100 AD in leading teaching and filling the faithful with Truth Hope and Grace in Jesus the Christ.

But Scripture is Alive, by the Holy Spirit.
It is God who teaches by his SPIRIT, the early church Fahters had no doubt in this.

So what you are really saying is you believe that the Holy Spirit when he fills a believer today while they study the word is at disadvantage to men who knew the Apostles. LOL ROFL That God almighty is limited to teaching his Flock as effectively as those who were taught by the Apostles who were taught by the Spirit the HOLY one, you know God, that Jesus promised to the Church forever, to lead us forever in what he taught and to remind us of what he taught.

You sure do like ignoring God, and putting Faith in he promised.

YOU Truly are a Pharisee This post confirms it, your Faith is in Men and Tradition, Not SPIRIT and TRUTH.

You would not even know a Christian if he even sent you a post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Proud2Goson 10,242
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web