Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603320 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#479639 Oct 1, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I do not seek your wisdom. You are trying to replace my Scriptures and intrude upon my personal relationship with Christ. Begone. Christ took care of me in his loving arms, without your intervention, long before you knew I was alive.My relationship is with Christ. I seel His guidance not yours. Hem not you is pure.
Which means you do pray to Mary and other dead people...opposite of what the Word of God teaches...

Christians do not seek the guidance of Christ...no need...we rely on, accept, and live by His promise:

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
truth

Perth, Australia

#479640 Oct 1, 2013
yep
Infant Jesus is in her arm are you for sure Jesus is old two days 1000 human years=one Jesus day.

Come come to me my lovely children's who say that!

Spirit of truth will lead you where on CROSS INRI.

Are you for sure Jesus not be there or somebody else?
truth

Perth, Australia

#479641 Oct 2, 2013
What our lovly God say about us.
they will be suraround with thrsty wicket satanic evil people.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeee

now

it is very low
it is very high organization

they will do anything to destroy person or ruin every family.

it is what they don't liked that others people know..

by

n

did you find stick cooking letters?
where on map
yeeeeeeee

each words as secret less then second
from one page to other much more..

please tell me
which face you liked
strong character
Are you going make argument with me?
-must be reason
People with reason never give up.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#479642 Oct 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you and chuck have a Testimony for the Lord that GIF and myself don't have.
you have broken the shackles of Catholicism, and that makes them hate you(and they do, look at how they treat Hermi and Sera since they do have a Saving knowledge of Christ) for it. it is a shame that they don't know what the Blessing of God is all about.
don't ever think for a moment that the devil doesn't hate us when we give our Testimony as to how Christ has delivered us from Bondage. and satan moves on them to belittle us in any way that they can. they cant see that because satan has blinded them from the Truth.
Thanks Preston .

See I think many Catholics understand and have saving Grace in our Saviour ..

The Spirit can meet us where we live ..where ever Of chooses .

They might at or before Confirmation..while praying o receive the Spirit in he sacrament

.or on a Tueday ..f they ate,searching their soul ..

It's,all in the,heart ..soul and spirit of the believer ..

Hats EHAT I BELIEVE..I do not think any Church saves us ..

I'm.sure there ate people in a lot of churches ..going through the motions .

There ate some charismatic Catholics..several ears,ago a group sentinel baptized in the,Jordan as,Jesus was After confessing Him as Lord and SAVIOUR ..

We can't know anyone's relationship for sure

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479643 Oct 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means you do pray to Mary and other dead people...opposite of what the Word of God teaches...
Christians do not seek the guidance of Christ...no need...we rely on, accept, and live by His promise:
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Oh ox ..it's not ours to judge ANYONE'S testimony or or relationship
With Our Saviour .

God's place

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479644 Oct 2, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
One last question then i'll just pray for you in secret, do you still pray to Mary and the Saints?
Marge ..I've never had a difference with you on beliefs .

I think we should not judge a personal belief in the Saviour
Of anyone .

He cones to us where we are ...when HE chooses ..

It's,all HIM..not any one else or any Church opinion

Just us and our Saviour ..

I've found Nick and SERA to be wonderful Christian brother and sister .

Just sayin
truth

Perth, Australia

#479645 Oct 2, 2013
better say attackers can attack every person..
jessssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssss

every spirit is not holy
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

my rights to live

Our lovely Creator not created anyone for suffering no.

Please tell me why you need rent free my heart or any heart.
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#479646 Oct 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
CIB, my earlier post to Anthony and of course he did lie and change a statement fro Webster and credit you for it and I called him on it.
atemcowboy
Since: Jan 08
Location hidden
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
8 hrs ago
Judged:
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't there either, but I actually do know because we have the written testimony of what they believed. The protestant scholar CIB cited even admits it. Of course they were all kooks and you know better, so at least you got that going for you.
I certainly know that you are so devious that you like all catholics would change and/or divert the words of CIB.
you catholics have a good track record of Changing His Word 2.
I only post through him he is a legalistic fool IMO, he has tried to refute posts of mine that he says were from Webster when they were not and then posts links to RC debaters arguing against James White.

He has never read one book, and most likely even a chapter of Early church fathers writings from which he posts quotes to support his RC man made tradition, he can only regurgitate RCC brain washing and propaganda. He has never on his own verified the context he blindly accepts what ever they tell him with out testing like a Bereans that the Apostle Paul exhorts as of high character.

I was raised in a Luther congregation, at 17th when I was allowed in Adult Bible study I started to ask questions because I had read my Bible and NOT one example of Infant Baptism could I find still can't find because its not there.

Why because you have to believe in Jesus the Christ as your Lord and Savior, you have to confess this, and you have to be able to repent.
So I asked my pastor how can this be with an infant??

He can't nor can a RC or anybody else who asserts infant baptism.

AT that time My Mom who is rasied in the Mennonite denomination while growing up who's family escaped Holland during the reformation, because the RCC was burning them at the stake, my ancestors, and those dutch who were having adult baptisms, she has the decrees that have been passed down to her and one day I will have one day. Yes the one true yadda yadda via Papal Bull burned those who believe as I do at the stake, and had it not been for the martyrs of the reformation the Fascists none as RC POPES would still be in power burning those who disagree with them today.

I have studied and found out that in many cases when infants were Baptized in the early church by recent Father and Mother converts it was done as a dedication to signify to the public they were going to raise the child in the faith and the child when he or she came of age and could confess Jesus as Lord and savior on of their own volition would be baptized in accordance with their will.

This is the truest meaning of the scriptures which is God does not violate our will and allows us to accept him willingly.

He does not point a gun to our head and say love me. He allows us to willingly love him or not. He gives us the choice unlike the RCC which for hundreds of years forced people to be christian.

What is really absurd and I know this first hand is what the RCC does in Brazil.

If a parent baptizes their infant child in the RCC and the child never enters a RCC church ever again they will still count that human being as RC. Even in the case of person who writes the RCC in Brazil not do this, who has had an adult baptism in their Christian sect of choice they still count them.

So when they now say 65% of Brazil is RC that is very misleading for that reason alone.

As Roman Catholic nations become literate and have access to ancient texts, writings the flood is on to evangelical bible believing sects as is the Brazilian example.

95% RC in 87 and now only 65% 2013 and that number is highly suspect.

Anthony's pride just can't at this time allow him to admit he made a big mistake.
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#479647 Oct 2, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your reply, Kay, but all of Christendom baptized their babies until fairly recently. Don't forget, the disciples were preaching to adults. There is nothing in scripture to indicate that children are excepted; on the contrary, there is everything that points to the necessity of baptism for everyone due to its salvific nature (remission of sin).
Glad to see you're feeling up to posting on occasion. Of all things to have happen. Just what you didn't need!
Not true in the least, no true in 100AD not true in 1000 AD or 1500AD or 2013AD

They did not Baptize them because they chose Jesus as Lord and Savior that happened when they came of age and then by immersion not sprinkling and usually in a river.

Sprinkling at birth was in many cases simply a dedication a promise to raise the child in the faith, it was a public promise to fellow believers that they would raise the child in the faith and was a way of declaring to the congregation that they were making themselves accountable to them to do so.

YOU clearly have never read or studied history you are regurgitating what someone told you not that which you investigated and found out on your own because it is simply not true.

Start investigating on your own.
truth

Perth, Australia

#479648 Oct 2, 2013
deceivers and possessors is not god
no

righteousness people don't have any rights not at all

serve your evil not me

real Creator exist
Todd

Milwaukee, WI

#479649 Oct 2, 2013
Jesus Christ believes in child molester then?
truth

Perth, Australia

#479650 Oct 2, 2013
Who wrote bible or change bible?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#479651 Oct 2, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am, I once again am avoiding an off topic completely irrelevant question that does not relate to the original subject my original post that the RCC and how it practices Baptism today has never been universal in the least.
To say Baptism is needed and universally required is one thing to say how your man made tradition, your man made sect practices Baptism is another and that its valid if not done by a RCC priest is another.
Hey why don't you ask me if the sun rises in the East and that has always been universally accepted by Christians.
Then you can run around this forum and declare CIB says RCC one true yadda yadda
YOU are a complete disingenuous dishonest debater, you must be lawyer or a politician.
You're mad at Webster for admitting something you couldn't fathom and now it's my fault. You should probably grow up a little.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479652 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I only post through him he is a legalistic fool IMO, he has tried to refute posts of mine that he says were from Webster when they were not and then posts links to RC debaters arguing against James White.
He has never read one book, and most likely even a chapter of Early church fathers writings from which he posts quotes to support his RC man made tradition, he can only regurgitate RCC brain washing and propaganda. He has never on his own verified the context he blindly accepts what ever they tell him with out testing like a Bereans that the Apostle Paul exhorts as of high character.
I was raised in a Luther congregation, at 17th when I was allowed in Adult Bible study I started to ask questions because I had read my Bible and NOT one example of Infant Baptism could I find still can't find because its not there.
Why because you have to believe in Jesus the Christ as your Lord and Savior, you have to confess this, and you have to be able to repent.
AT that time My Mom who is rasied in the Mennonite denomination while growing up who's family escaped Holland during the reformation, because the RCC was burning them at the stake, my ancestors,
Anthony's pride just can't at this time allow him to admit he made a big mistake.

(Sorry, I had to snip your post for space)
CIB,

Nice post.

God wants us to do every thing from our hearts....even obeying the COMMANDS of Jesus Christ....

When a person HEARS the Word of God and believes the Word of God, they are pricked from their heart.....

Confession comes from their heart which produces repentance for their sins.....godly sorrow for the wrongs they have done against God.....

What comes then? Baptism.....WASH is the key word....

Psalm 51:2

2 Wash away all my iniquity (SIN)
and cleanse me from my sin.

There is a cleansing going on in baptism....

Who is working in the baptism and for what reason?

John 13:8

8 “No,” said Peter,“you shall never wash my feet.”

Jesus answered,“Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”

***Peter said..."you shall NEVER wash my feet."

IMPORTANT: Jesus answered, "Unless I WASH you, you have NO PART WITH ME."

WOW!!!

What will happen if we are NOT WASHED in our baptism?

YOU HAVE <<<NO>>> PART WITH ME!!!

To me, those are very harsh WORDS from Jesus.....

1 Corinthians 6:10-11

10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

***And that is what some of you were....THEY WERE IN SIN....

Then, they were WASHED....SANCTIFIED....JUSTIF IED....baptized in the name of Jesus AND by the SPIRIT of our God....

1 Peter 3:21

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that <<<NOW>>> saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

***NOW is used in present tense.....

***Body (flesh) is NOT in this cleaning.....

***Soul.....PLEDGE OF A CLEAR CONSCIENCE TOWARD GOD.....by the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ....

Colossians 2:12

12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the <<<working of God,>>> who raised him from the dead.

Who is at work?

Working of God!!!

There is also a gift involved!

Acts 2:38

38 Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you WILL RECEIVE the gift of the Holy Spirit.

***YOU WILL RECEIVE the gift of the Holy Spirit.....powerful words....

Can an infant/child understand this?

Of course not....they have to be taught.....
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#479653 Oct 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
CIB, my earlier post to Anthony and of course he did lie and change a statement fro Webster and credit you for it and I called him on it.
atemcowboy
Since: Jan 08
Location hidden
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
8 hrs ago
Judged:
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't there either, but I actually do know because we have the written testimony of what they believed. The protestant scholar CIB cited even admits it. Of course they were all kooks and you know better, so at least you got that going for you.
I certainly know that you are so devious that you like all catholics would change and/or divert the words of CIB.
you catholics have a good track record of Changing His Word 2.
I didn't change anything Webster said, it's a direct quote from him. I did erroneously state that CIB accepts early Christian baptism. I freely admitted my mistake. I think I'm good to go.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479654 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>
AT that time My Mom who is rasied in the Mennonite denomination while growing up who's family escaped Holland during the reformation,

(Sorry, I had to snip your post for space)
CIB,

Nice post.

God wants us to do every thing from our hearts....even obeying the COMMANDS of Jesus Christ....

When a person HEARS the Word of God and believes the Word of God, they are pricked from their heart.....

Confession comes from their heart which produces repentance for their sins.....godly sorrow for the wrongs they have done against God.....

What comes then? Baptism.....WASH is the key word....

Psalm 51:2

2 Wash away all my iniquity (SIN)
and cleanse me from my sin.

There is a cleansing going on in baptism....

Who is working in the baptism and for what reason?

John 13:8

8 “No,” said Peter,“you shall never wash my feet.”

Jesus answered,“Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”

***Peter said..."you shall NEVER wash my feet."

IMPORTANT: Jesus answered, "Unless I WASH you, you have NO PART WITH ME."

WOW!!!

What will happen if we are NOT WASHED in our baptism?

YOU HAVE <<<NO>>> PART WITH ME!!!

To me, those are very harsh WORDS from Jesus.....

1 Corinthians 6:10-11

10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

***And that is what some of you were....THEY WERE IN SIN....

Then, they were WASHED....SANCTIFIED....JUSTIF IED....baptized in the name of Jesus AND by the SPIRIT of our God....

1 Peter 3:21

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that <<<NOW>>> saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

***NOW is used in present tense.....

***Body (flesh) is NOT in this cleaning.....

***Soul.....PLEDGE OF A CLEAR CONSCIENCE TOWARD GOD.....by the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ....

Colossians 2:12

12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the <<<working of God,>>> who raised him from the dead.

Who is at work?

Working of God!!!

There is also a gift involved!

Acts 2:38

38 Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you WILL RECEIVE the gift of the Holy Spirit.

***YOU WILL RECEIVE the gift of the Holy Spirit.....powerful words....

Of course not....they have to be taught.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479655 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Not true in the least, no true in 100AD not true in 1000 AD or 1500AD or 2013AD
They did not Baptize them because they chose Jesus as Lord and Savior that happened when they came of age and then by immersion not sprinkling and usually in a river.
Sprinkling at birth was in many cases simply a dedication a promise to raise the child in the faith, it was a public promise to fellow believers that they would raise the child in the faith and was a way of declaring to the congregation that they were making themselves accountable to them to do so.
YOU clearly have never read or studied history you are regurgitating what someone told you not that which you investigated and found out on your own because it is simply not true.
Start investigating on your own.
CIB,

When the Israelites emerged from that water from the Red Sea, wasn't their situation entirely new (different?)

Weren't they dependent on God alone after that?

Of course they were....

Did God provided for them?

Of course, He did.....

When we are born again, our dependence is on God.....

He freed us from the bondage of sin.....

Of course not.....he has to be taught.....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#479656 Oct 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church is THE (one and ONLY) historically and biblically PROVEN TRUE CHURCH------however---it is NOT the ONLY CHURCH!! We, as Catholics will "continue" to put our faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ in the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH (each and every day) at Daily Mass, in the Eucharist (Our Lords TRUE body and TRUE Blood), in the 7Sacraments,(Confession), and in the TRUE intrepretation of Gods Word in the Bible, in and through HIS One True Catholic Church........ You can continue to put your faith, "in quoting your bible verses"!
God's word exist today in the New Testament just as it did when DAVID WROTE IT IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

Psa_119:89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

YOU CALL GOD A LIAR AND REFUSE TO RECEIVE HIS WORD...

THE STUBBORNNESS OF YOUR OWN HEART COULD COST YOU YOUR ETERNAL SOUL..

Pro 8:33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.

Pro 8:34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

Pro 8:35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.

Pro 8:36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#479657 Oct 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
CIB,
When the Israelites emerged from that water from the Red Sea, wasn't their situation entirely new (different?)
Weren't they dependent on God alone after that?
Of course they were....
Did God provided for them?
Of course, He did.....
When we are born again, our dependence is on God.....
He freed us from the bondage of sin.....
Of course not.....he has to be taught.....
~~~

Jesus compared the KINGDOM OF GOD TO LITTLE CHILDREN..

Mat_19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

IF LITTLE CHILDREN ARE SINNERS...THEN WHAT OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

IS IT FULL OF SIN TOO...

JESUS ALSO SAID AND USED THEM AS AN EXAMPLE OF THE FAITH OF BELIEVERS..

Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
truth

Perth, Australia

#479658 Oct 2, 2013
Creator not created anyone for suffering.
no
-its exist very low organization
-its exist very high organization
for ruin every person and family

You not convince me ..who try set up many things as well why?!
Your law is not my law.

My God died there
where
INRI
my body lags hands mind be complete there
not pain exist as pain of Cross
crown pain too
no any pain exist in highlights degree as pain of Crown

its universal pain
if you can resist that pain
i resist
i am alive as i am today..

not any diploma or document can be relevant as truthful without personal experience..

-there is a no Mercy
-there is a no law
-there is not love
-there is a suffering
on INRI
there everything is complete

Love your God with body and mind!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 9,679
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr Passing thru 84,403
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 10 hr Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web