Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670661 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#479778 Oct 2, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I said I use Christ for guidance. You criticized this and said you use the Word.Thats all. I am studying. No time for roundy rounders
The Word of God is the Bible.....honest!!!!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#479779 Oct 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I have told you what the truth is... OVER AND OVER AGAIN and you reject it...
I HAVE GIVEN YOU HUNDREDS OF SCRIPTURES OVER THE YEARS...AND THEY HAVE FALLEN TO DEAF EARS...
JUST REMEMBER THIS...WHEN IT HAPPENS...YOU WERE WARNED
Pro 29:1 He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.
If only you had stuck to posting Sacred Scripture instead of adding your own personal opinions and used it to judge fellow Christians.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479780 Oct 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
History of the "glorious" Roman Catholic church.
And Jesus was the founder of this cesspool? I don't think so.
January 1992: "Father" Wilson Smart raped an altar boy years earlier and photographed him without clothes.
February 1992, Wisconsin: "Father" Bruce Hall was tried in Wisconsin for caressing a boy, 12 years of age, during visits to the rectory for counseling.
March 1992, California: "Father" Victor Ubaldi was charged by a San Diego woman for molesting her numerous times when she was a pre and early teenager.
April 1992, California: "Father" Patrick Kelly, aged 71, absconded to Ireland after being charged with molesting a little girl, having been forbidden to remain in the State of California.
May 1992, Arizona: "Father" Mark Lehman was sued by parents in the Diocese of Phoenix, AZ, who claimed he had molested their three children. He had received a ten year prison sentence only one month before for exploiting several other children.
June 1992, Massachusetts: "Father" Richard Lavigne in Shelbourne Falls, MA. was found guilty and jailed for 12 counts of child rape. For months he insisted that the accusations were part of a plot framed by a local group that had left his church.
July 1992, California: "Father" J.T. Monaghan (a retired priest) was charged with taking a 7 year old Sacramento girl, who he was counseling into the kitchen for cookies where he allegedly abused her.
August 1992, Indiana & Illinois: "Father" Patrick White, aldeady under indictment in the State of Indiana for his abuse of boys, was arrested in Illinois for criminal sexual assault of a minor. At the time of his arrest, law enforcement officers found Mr. White destroying snapshots of nude boys.
September 1992, Massachusetts: "Father" Ron Provost was charged and found guilty to having taken photographs of -2- unclothed boys (7 to 10 years old) in his rectory in Barre, MA. in order to obtain sexual pleasure. Some of the photos were 15 years old.
October 1992, New York: "'Father" Daniel Calabrese sodomized a minor in his Poughkeepsie, N.Y. rectory and was found guilty. After sentencing him to 90 days in jail, the District Attorney, William Grady reprimanded Cardinal John O'Connor for ignoring previous complaints concerning Calabrese's behavior.
November 1992, Wisconsin: "Father" David Malsch was charged with taking a 14 year old boy in Wausau, Wisconsin, to a motel for two days, where he fondled him in the pool, gave him alcohol and took photos of the boy without clothes in the motel room. The boy had a learning disability,
December 1992, Massachusetts & New Mexico: "Father" David Holley after being accused of molesting children in Worcester, MA. was transferred to Alamogordo, NM, to a treatment center known as the Servants of the Paraclete. In New Mexico, he allegedly molested other children.
1993, California: In Santa Barbara over 30 children were molested in a seminary.
1993, Illinois: Bishop Joseph Imesch of Joliet, IL, was quoted saying: "These are times that shake our faith and confidence in our most cherished systems and institutions. We hear about sexual abuse and the shattering effect it has on the victims, their families and the community. I am particularly shocked and saddened when I hear of allegations that some of our priests have committed these acts." The bishop was speaking from experience as he had recently removed six molesting priests.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think you want to go here. Recently Billy Graham's grandson said "Evangelicals 'Worse' Than Catholics on Sex Abuse". I suggest you keep your criticisms of Catholicism above the table instead of rooting around in the sewer looking for garbage.
Yes, I want to go there. Billy Graham's grandson? So what! Who is he? Does he speak for Billy Graham? Do you speak for your grandfather?

What your priests have done is public knowledge and is from the pits of hell. The money you give your church defends their perversion.
Clay

Washington, DC

#479781 Oct 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
History of the "glorious" Roman Catholic church.
And Jesus was the founder of this cesspool? I don't think so.
January 1992: "Father" Wilson Smart raped an altar boy years earlier and photographed him without clothes.
February 1992, Wisconsin: "Father" Bruce Hall was tried in Wisconsin for caressing a boy, 12 years of age, during visits to the rectory for counseling.
March 1992, California: "Father" Victor Ubaldi was charged by a San Diego woman for molesting her numerous times when she was a pre and early teenager.
April 1992, California: "Father" Patrick Kelly, aged 71, absconded to Ireland after being charged with molesting a little girl, having been forbidden to remain in the State of California.
May 1992, Arizona: "Father" Mark Lehman was sued by parents in the Diocese of Phoenix, AZ, who claimed he had molested their three children. He had received a ten year prison sentence only one month before for exploiting several other children.
June 1992, Massachusetts: "Father" Richard Lavigne in Shelbourne Falls, MA. was found guilty and jailed for 12 counts of child rape. For months he insisted that the accusations were part of a plot framed by a local group that had left his church.
July 1992, California: "Father" J.T. Monaghan (a retired priest) was charged with taking a 7 year old Sacramento girl, who he was counseling into the kitchen for cookies where he allegedly abused her.
August 1992, Indiana & Illinois: "Father" Patrick White, aldeady under indictment in the State of Indiana for his abuse of boys, was arrested in Illinois for criminal sexual assault of a minor. At the time of his arrest, law enforcement officers found Mr. White destroying snapshots of nude boys.
September 1992, Massachusetts: "Father" Ron Provost was charged and found guilty to having taken photographs of -2- unclothed boys (7 to 10 years old) in his rectory in Barre, MA. in order to obtain sexual pleasure. Some of the photos were 15 years old.
October 1992, New York: "'Father" Daniel Calabrese sodomized a minor in his Poughkeepsie, N.Y. rectory and was found guilty. After sentencing him to 90 days in jail, the District Attorney, William Grady reprimanded Cardinal John O'Connor for ignoring previous complaints concerning Calabrese's behavior.
November 1992, Wisconsin: "Father" David Malsch was charged with taking a 14 year old boy in Wausau, Wisconsin, to a motel for two days, where he fondled him in the pool, gave him alcohol and took photos of the boy without clothes in the motel room. The boy had a learning disability,
December 1992, Massachusetts & New Mexico: "Father" David Holley after being accused of molesting children in Worcester, MA. was transferred to Alamogordo, NM, to a treatment center known as the Servants of the Paraclete. In New Mexico, he allegedly molested other children.
1993, California: In Santa Barbara over 30 children were molested in
Could you post where you obtained that info? You'd be surprised at how many websites post allegations without ever following up on it to see if it was actual truth or not. You seem like you're interested in truth (lol) so I was just wondering if you tried to first see if those were facts before you posted it. I would hate to think you were just trying to smear a group of people with false allegations..
Unfortunately, sinners were always present in the Church since its inception. Apostle Judas betrayed the Lord and ended up killing himself. Peter publicly denied Jesus and all but John abandoned Christ in the hr He needed them most.
Christ didn't promise to make men sinless if they joined His Church, He only promised that truth would be protected and Hell would not prevail against the Church.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#479782 Oct 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Yes, I want to go there. Billy Graham's grandson? So what! Who is he? Does he speak for Billy Graham? Do you speak for your grandfather?
What your priests have done is public knowledge and is from the pits of hell. The money you give your church defends their perversion.
Listen to him, or don't listen to him.

“Protestants can be very arrogant when pointing to Catholics,” said Tchividjian, a grandson of evangelist Billy Graham and executive director of Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment (GRACE), which has investigated sex abuse allegations.

Earlier this summer, GRACE spearheaded an online petition decrying the “silence” and “inattention” of evangelical leaders to sexual abuse in their churches.

Mission agencies,“where abuse is most prevalent,” often don’t report abuse because they fear being barred from working in foreign countries, he said. Abusers will get sent home and might join another agency. Of known data from abuse cases, 25 percent are repeat cases, he said.

“The Protestant culture is defined by independence,” Tchividjian said. Evangelicals often frown upon transparency and accountability, he said, as many Protestants rely on Scripture more than religious leaders, compared to Catholics.

Abusers discourage whistle-blowing by condemning gossip to try to keep people from reporting abuse, he said. Victims are also told to protect the reputation of Jesus.

Too many Protestant institutions have sacrificed souls in order to protect their institutions, he said.”We’ve got the Gospels backwards,” he said.

http://www.religionnews.com/2013/09/26/billy-...
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#479783 Oct 2, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can we get back to my original question that you continue to ignore.
Have you cussed on this forum? You not answering is going to make folks think you did Regina. So I guess if you don't answer we'll assume the obvious. Just don't talk like that in front of your children.
I already answered your question.
Now, why are you so dishonest...and angry? Is it because Just Sayin', someone who seldom posts here, easily picked up on your hypocrisy and called you on it? Or do you just get off on making personal attacks and insults?

As I said, there's help for you. It's an unfortunate occurrence for people who have your problem. Some just can't get past the anger. They've ceased the active behavior, but the mindset, the belligerent attitude remains.

Btw, I could really shame you for what you just said, but I won't do that. You already feel bad enough about yourself.

Now...good evening, Charles.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479784 Oct 2, 2013
You can read page after page after page after page of Roman Catholic priests sexually abuse.

Think of your son or daughter. Think of your grandchildren. Who can trust this organization of sexual perverts who protect each others perverted interest by covering up and lying for each other. The old saying....."one lies and the other swears to it" fits the Roman Catholic church worldwide.

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/times...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#479785 Oct 2, 2013
tradition: paradosis: transmission, i.e.(concretely) a precept; specially, the Jewish traditionary law:--ordinance, tradition.

Clay and Herme are actually arguing, and know not that they are, that the Catholics are following the Jewish traditionary law...ordinance!!!!!!

Halakhah: Jewish Law
The root of the Hebrew term used to refer to Jewish law, halakhah, means "go" or "walk." Halakhah, then, is the "way" a Jew is directed to behave in every aspect of life, encompassing civil, criminal, and religious law.

The foundation of Judaism is the Torah (the first five books of the Hebrew Bible, sometimes referred to as “the Five Books of Moses”).

"Torah" means "instruction" or "teaching," and like all teaching it requires interpretation and application. Jewish tradition teaches that Moses received the Torah from God at Mount Sinai. The Torah is replete with instructions, directives, statutes, laws, and rules. Most are directed to the Israelites, some to all humanity.

Anybody ever know a Catholic that behaved as a Jew in every aspect of life, encompassing civil, criminal, and religious law...per the Torah????

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#479787 Oct 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen to him, or don't listen to him.
“Protestants can be very arrogant when pointing to Catholics,” said Tchividjian, a grandson of evangelist Billy Graham and executive director of Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment (GRACE), which has investigated sex abuse allegations.
Earlier this summer, GRACE spearheaded an online petition decrying the “silence” and “inattention” of evangelical leaders to sexual abuse in their churches.
Mission agencies,“where abuse is most prevalent,” often don’t report abuse because they fear being barred from working in foreign countries, he said. Abusers will get sent home and might join another agency. Of known data from abuse cases, 25 percent are repeat cases, he said.
“The Protestant culture is defined by independence,” Tchividjian said. Evangelicals often frown upon transparency and accountability, he said, as many Protestants rely on Scripture more than religious leaders, compared to Catholics.
Abusers discourage whistle-blowing by condemning gossip to try to keep people from reporting abuse, he said. Victims are also told to protect the reputation of Jesus.
Too many Protestant institutions have sacrificed souls in order to protect their institutions, he said.”We’ve got the Gospels backwards,” he said.
http://www.religionnews.com/2013/09/26/billy-...
Anyone ..clergy of any kind ..who use their FAITH POSITION..IMO even more than secular perverts ..
They hurt these children not just bodily. And psychologically ..But their very position as men of God can turn the souls,if these,children FROM GOD .

THEIR FATE,...is,written ..a,millstone around their necks,.

Thank God for men and organizations,like GRAHAMS....And hat finally THE RCC adressed this,!!!!!

All are,wrong ...one child losing his,Faith is,deplorable .

The thing on the,RCC ..they had the ability EARLY on to segregate these
reprobate,men ...only they have,monastic facilities . In not doing so
They endangered,..not only the children ..But he should of e priests by keeping them in temptation. THE,RCC AS a head in Rome ..a huge organization ..And facilities no other Church has ..it's,Bern bragged,about ..But it COuld have been used for lessening shame and,sin
And hurt to further children ..IMO.

AND all of them are,despicable in what they did ..

Pointing that one is,worse than another ...really ???

If my neighbor eats,his children ..less,often than I do...an I better ???(I didn't..just an example )

ALL ARE,wrong ..can they repent and obtain forgiveness,..WILL THeY ???ONLY GOD KNOWS

every last one should be in jail ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479789 Oct 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you post where you obtained that info? You'd be surprised at how many websites post allegations without ever following up on it to see if it was actual truth or not. You seem like you're interested in truth (lol) so I was just wondering if you tried to first see if those were facts before you posted it. I would hate to think you were just trying to smear a group of people with false allegations..
Unfortunately, sinners were always present in the Church since its inception. Apostle Judas betrayed the Lord and ended up killing himself. Peter publicly denied Jesus and all but John abandoned Christ in the hr He needed them most.
Christ didn't promise to make men sinless if they joined His Church, He only promised that truth would be protected and Hell would not prevail against the Church.
Agree,..it's the cover up most people are,disgusted,with ..try COUKD have been sent to monasteries Clay ..

All thus,Sin by ANY CLERGY..BESMIRCHES GODS NAME..PUT A THE VHIKDS,DOUK IN DANGER ..

one reason s couple of years,ago..I left Topix for a while is that
Every conversation with NON believers about abortion or faith ...went back to the cover-up,s ...And the Sin inside THE CHURCH ..

In that atmosphere,EHAT was the point ..in arguing,God hates,
abortion .. when born children. Are bring mistreated ..

I'm sure finding out about PROTESTANT CLERGY..Will have the same effect .
Very sad,...
Clay

Washington, DC

#479790 Oct 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
You can read page after page after page after page of Roman Catholic priests sexually abuse.
Think of your son or daughter. Think of your grandchildren. Who can trust this organization of sexual perverts who protect each others perverted interest by covering up and lying for each other. The old saying....."one lies and the other swears to it" fits the Roman Catholic church worldwide.
http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/times...
I always know when Catholics won the debate of the day. You guys throw out erroneous smear tactics about abuse scandals. I find it pathetic..

For one, there is absolutely no way you actually believe sex offenders are more rampant in the CC than any other group. All evidence shows its actually less in the CC and they are making monumental strides to stamp it out for good.
Again, the fact that you'd dig down in the trash for stuff shows a desperation attempt on your part. Expected- but still pathetic.
Well, Michael will probably post soon because child sexual abuse has come up. Have a good night!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#479791 Oct 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone ..clergy of any kind ..who use their FAITH POSITION..IMO even more than secular perverts ..
They hurt these children not just bodily. And psychologically ..But their very position as men of God can turn the souls,if these,children FROM GOD .
THEIR FATE,...is,written ..a,millstone around their necks,.
Thank God for men and organizations,like GRAHAMS....And hat finally THE RCC adressed this,!!!!!
All are,wrong ...one child losing his,Faith is,deplorable .
The thing on the,RCC ..they had the ability EARLY on to segregate these
reprobate,men ...only they have,monastic facilities . In not doing so
They endangered,..not only the children ..But he should of e priests by keeping them in temptation. THE,RCC AS a head in Rome ..a huge organization ..And facilities no other Church has ..it's,Bern bragged,about ..But it COuld have been used for lessening shame and,sin
And hurt to further children ..IMO.
AND all of them are,despicable in what they did ..
Pointing that one is,worse than another ...really ???
If my neighbor eats,his children ..less,often than I do...an I better ???(I didn't..just an example )
ALL ARE,wrong ..can they repent and obtain forgiveness,..WILL THeY ???ONLY GOD KNOWS
every last one should be in jail ..
Excuse me Rose, but aren't you saying this to the wrong person? I think it was Oldjg who posted about priest abuse. Maybe it's time to drop the ecumenical charade and admit you're just as much an anti-Catholic bigot like the rest here?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479792 Oct 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me Rose, but aren't you saying this to the wrong person? I think it was Oldjg who posted about priest abuse. Maybe it's time to drop the ecumenical charade and admit you're just as much an anti-Catholic bigot like the rest here?
I was posting I thought to the person who said,Protestants,were worse,

Not you sorry ..to you I know,I posted about this,ignominy clouded any talk of God with NON believers.

It's,worse if it's,a,Clergy any clergy I SAID ..SO

ALSO SAID,GOOD,FOR GRAHAM

saying one clergyman,sin is,worse ....nuts,..they all belong I jail .

But your Church after decades,is,doing something ..Good ..But they COUKD,have just shipped them into anyplace WITH NO CHILDREN ..THEY HAVE THE resources,..would have been better for both priests,and,Church too

CHEAPER IN LOSS,OF RESPECT AND,MONEY ...more importantly ...loss,of the souls,felt betrayed by God's,representative they confessed to..
Try to imagine the horror of going to Confession each week..or serving as,altar boys to your abuser.

They should of been cloistered ..

They should,really be in jail ..ALL OF THEM
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#479793 Oct 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>I was posting I thought to the person who said,Protestants,were worse,
Not you sorry ..to you I know,I posted about this,ignominy clouded any talk of God with NON believers.
It's,worse if it's,a,Clergy any clergy I SAID ..SO
ALSO SAID,GOOD,FOR GRAHAM
saying one clergyman,sin is,worse ....nuts,..they all belong I jail .
But your Church after decades,is,doing something ..Good ..But they COUKD,have just shipped them into anyplace WITH NO CHILDREN ..THEY HAVE THE resources,..would have been better for both priests,and,Church too
CHEAPER IN LOSS,OF RESPECT AND,MONEY ...more importantly ...loss,of the souls,felt betrayed by God's,representative they confessed to..
Try to imagine the horror of going to Confession each week..or serving as,altar boys to your abuser.
They should of been cloistered ..
They should,really be in jail ..ALL OF THEM
Right. They screwed up big time. Many will be condemned for their actions or lack thereof.

You chose to respond to my post and not the protestant who brought it back up again on the thread. You're biased. No question about it.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#479794 Oct 2, 2013
I was going to ask everyone how they were but I see I came at a bad time.
Blessings everyone.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#479795 Oct 2, 2013
'LET THE WEAK SAY I AM STRONG,
LET THE POOR SAY I AM RICH ,
LET THE BLIND SAY I CAN SEE,
WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE FOR ME.
Hosanna, Hosanna,

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479796 Oct 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. They screwed up big time. Many will be condemned for their actions or lack thereof.
You chose to respond to my post and not the protestant who brought it back up again on the thread. You're biased. No question about it.
If you ever noticed ..I.don't bring this,UP except on the diocese needing money for payoffs,and closing churches ..

What I was,ANSWERING was the saying PROTS,are,WORSE....as if it's,a,game ..

AND I WAS,SPECIFIC IN SAYING TO WHOEVER POSTED ABOUT GRAHAM ..HE IS,DOING GODS,WORK ....You? I forget ...

My answer was,specific ..it's,all bad ..Clergy worse than secular

I also commented that now every tread with NON believers,has MORE FODDER AS THEY DID 2 years,ago.

ITS,NOT A CONTEST.

I SAID,ALL ... sorry if hat was not unbiased enough .

God will Judge them All the same ..a,millstone,around their necks .
if they turned a child's,soul from Him.

For me it's,ALL DISGUSTING ...he point of the post is hey Are EQUALLY BAD ..NOT A GOTCHA to either side

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479797 Oct 2, 2013
LTM wrote:
I was going to ask everyone how they were but I see I came at a bad time.
Blessings everyone.
Your fine..Good o see you LTM
marge

Leesburg, GA

#479798 Oct 2, 2013
Ltm!, How are you, how is your husband, hermi hates me and prestons calling me names.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#479799 Oct 2, 2013
Hey Ltm, how are you and how is your husband, I missed you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Married in 10,420
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Feb 22 WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
More from around the web