Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,141)

Showing posts 462,801 - 462,820 of512,446
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Bible tells us of an "all the more important" salvation? Where might I find the Biblical verse that describes the salvation of Mary as an "all the more important" method? By the way, what is an
"all the more important" method of salvation and how does it differ from the salvation of any other human being?
<quoted text>
Cly, thank you once again for sharing your ignorance. It is obvious you have never cracked a Bible. Keep believing Rome instead of the word of God and let me know what the Bible has to say about such a person.
You said, quote, "God needed to procreate with a female in order to manifest Himself as a human being. Do you need a Bible verse where it says that?" End quote.
God did not need a female. He chose to USE a female. He chose to be made in our likeness minus sin.
You said, quote, "God can not mix His DNA With sin in order to create the perfect manifestation of Himself. Sin and God are separate. Do you demand a Bible verse for that too?" End quote.
God did not mix His blood with the blood of Mary. Not at all. The DNA of Jesus is Divine. The only Divine DNA from the Holy Spirit. You tell us Mary's mother was without sin therefore Mary was without sin. You are so stupid it is beyond belief.
You said, quote, "Maybe you ought to provide the list that Jesus Christ said we are to put in the Bible in order to base all His teachings on." End quote.
The Bible tells us.....
II Timothy 3:1617, 16, "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
"You are so stupid it is beyond belief."

Do they teach this in your deacon school?

From whom did Jesus receive His human nature?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"the TRUE interpretation of the bible, that was finalized in 382, 393, and 397AD by the Early Church Fathers."
To Regina - yeah - hojo never says that it was changed.....he just willingly agress that the doctrine was "finalized" in the late 4th C.
If you read history, you would agree as well.
Men deciding then, upon what you are to believe today.
Self.
No religion required.
That's nice, but why are you addressing this to me? I think you have me confused with someone else.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Mary was a human being, correct? This requires a yes or no answer.
<quoted text>
There has never been a human being who was without sin. If there was please provide the name of this human being.
Your turn......
The Blessed Virgin.

Are babies and the mentally handicapped without sin?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,for giving your answer ..I.agree Jesus,should always,be our focus ..on everything ..
But I believe Revelation was,given to John as,prophecy of what was to come .
There were no bowls,and,seals. Regarding he,temple,being destroyed .
Jesus predicted that.
John was,SONETHING in the future ..Jerusalem is,a,real place in time ..history and prophecy ..
He will return ...in God's,time ..But that is,where scripture tells
Both US,and the,Jews it will happen .
"on everything"

...except all of his teachings, huh?

Who are you trying to impress today?

Self.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Bible tells us of an "all the more important" salvation? Where might I find the Biblical verse that describes the salvation of Mary as an "all the more important" method? By the way, what is an
"all the more important" method of salvation and how does it differ from the salvation of any other human being?
<quoted text>
Cly, thank you once again for sharing your ignorance. It is obvious you have never cracked a Bible. Keep believing Rome instead of the word of God and let me know what the Bible has to say about such a person.
You said, quote, "God needed to procreate with a female in order to manifest Himself as a human being. Do you need a Bible verse where it says that?" End quote.
God did not need a female. He chose to USE a female. He chose to be made in our likeness minus sin.
You said, quote, "God can not mix His DNA With sin in order to create the perfect manifestation of Himself. Sin and God are separate. Do you demand a Bible verse for that too?" End quote.
God did not mix His blood with the blood of Mary. Not at all. The DNA of Jesus is Divine. The only Divine DNA from the Holy Spirit. You tell us Mary's mother was without sin therefore Mary was without sin. You are so stupid it is beyond belief.
You said, quote, "Maybe you ought to provide the list that Jesus Christ said we are to put in the Bible in order to base all His teachings on." End quote.
The Bible tells us.....
II Timothy 3:1617, 16, "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."

Wangling for another dinner invitation? Or is this a stoning??

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice, but why are you addressing this to me? I think you have me confused with someone else.
Nothing special, just another confirmation to you, showing how your co-patriot, hojo, believes, versus your belief.

Two different Catholics, believing two different things, that's all.

Skip on by it, if you want.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

OldJG wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. She needed a Saviour like all other human beings.
Your turn; Do human beings who are without sin need a Saviour?
Two more things for you AnthonyMN.....

1. I Corinthians 15:22, "For as in Adam ALL DIE, so also in Christ shall all be made alive."

2. How many people did Mary appear to in her flesh after her death?

3. Luke 7:28, "I tell you, among those born of women NONE is greater than John. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he." This is Jesus speaking. Why did Jesus say there is NONE among those born of women greater than John? Did Jesus ever meet his mother Mary? Of course. We know He did. If Mary was without sin why would Jesus describe John, and not Mary, as none greater born of women? By the words of Jesus He describes John the Baptist as greater than His own mother.

4. Psalm 14:3, "They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one."

Romans 3:10-11, 10 "as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one; 11 no one understands; no one seeks for God. 12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one."

Romans 3:23, "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of Godís glorious standard."

This verse could be written as follows to fit your Roman Catholic theology. "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of Jesus glorious standard."

You do believe Jesus is God.....right?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Blessed Virgin.
Are babies and the mentally handicapped without sin?
Most sins are learned.

And since so many babies don't really comprehend doing wrong, your questions seems to have some appendages attached to it, that you have yet to reveal how they relate.

Since mentally handicapped persons also may not be taught to sin, then they would be basically the same.

Oh wait, you are hung up on the "Adam and Eve" sin - that you think the sins of the father is applied to the sons.

Go on believing you continuously sin, how else will you get saved if you don't admit it, huh?

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

"the TRUE interpretation of the bible, that was finalized in 382, 393, and 397AD by the Early Church Fathers."
To Regina - yeah - hojo never says that it was changed.....he just willingly agress that the doctrine was "finalized" in the late 4th C.
If you read history, you would agree as well.
Men deciding then, upon what you are to believe today.
Self.
No religion required.
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - since we know that Iraneaus didn't live in the 4th C., and instead died in the 3rd C., why haven't you or the other Catholics corrected hojo in his understadning of the Early Fathers?

You must believe him too, huh?

Okay, I'll continue to correct him, since you won't.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The Bible tells us.....
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they teach this in your deacon school?
From whom did Jesus receive His human nature?
You said, quote, "From whom did Jesus receive His human nature?" End quote.

Try reading before you open your mouth and insert both feet...

Colossians 1:15-17, 15 "Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

So please tell us.....who created the human form of Jesus? Mary? First,we human beings do not and have not ever created anything. Your parents did not create you because if they did they are God. Parents perpetuate life. They do not create life. Understand. Second, there is only ONE CREATOR. This Creator created two human beings in the beginning and all of human kind are their descendants.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

<quoted text>
Nothing special, just another confirmation to you, showing how your co-patriot, hojo, believes, versus your belief.
Two different Catholics, believing two different things, that's all.
Skip on by it, if you want.
Well, I doubt it, but I'm not really interested enough to look into it. I will say this, however, since a few others here have tried to pull that same little number thinking it's a "gottcha" because we always point out the fact that there is so much chaos and disagreement in protestantism.......It's not the same thing. We don't go out and open up our own ecclesial gathering space, starting yet another denomination the way the fundies do. It also depends on what the person disagrees with. If I have time, I'll read his post in a bit.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The Bible tells us.....
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wangling for another dinner invitation? Or is this a stoning??
Hey stupid, if I want any garbage from you I WILL SQUEEZE YOUR HEAD! Go back to the hole you live in.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I Corinthians 15:22, "For as in Adam ALL DIE, so also in Christ shall all be made alive."
3. Luke 7:28, "I tell you, among those born of women NONE is greater than John. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he." This is Jesus speaking. Why did Jesus say there is NONE among those born of women greater than John? Did Jesus ever meet his mother Mary? Of course. We know He did. If Mary was without sin why would Jesus describe John, and not Mary, as none greater born of women? By the words of Jesus He describes John the Baptist as greater than His own mother.
4. Psalm 14:3, "They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one."
Romans 3:10-11, 10 "as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one; 11 no one understands; no one seeks for God. 12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one."
Romans 3:23, "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of Godís glorious standard."
This verse could be written as follows to fit your Roman Catholic theology. "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of Jesus glorious standard."
Typo....there are obviously more than "two" things.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Most sins are learned.
And since so many babies don't really comprehend doing wrong, your questions seems to have some appendages attached to it, that you have yet to reveal how they relate.
Since mentally handicapped persons also may not be taught to sin, then they would be basically the same.
Oh wait, you are hung up on the "Adam and Eve" sin - that you think the sins of the father is applied to the sons.
Go on believing you continuously sin, how else will you get saved if you don't admit it, huh?
*sighs*
In Adam ALL DIE!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The Bible tells us.....
<quoted text>
Hey stupid, if I want any garbage from you I WILL SQUEEZE YOUR HEAD! Go back to the hole you live in.
Said the Baptist Evangelical Fundamentalist "deacon".

What a coward. But you have no idea how happy I am right now!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
1. True
2. None that I know of. We don't teach that she did.
3. "Yet the one who is least in the kingdom is greater than he". True, like possibly the lowly handmaid of The Lord.
4. None? Even babies and the mentally handicapped?

Yes, I believe Jesus is God.

Do they teach you to call people stupid in your deacon school?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The Bible tells us.....
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "From whom did Jesus receive His human nature?" End quote.
Try reading before you open your mouth and insert both feet...
Colossians 1:15-17, 15 "Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."
So please tell us.....who created the human form of Jesus? Mary? First,we human beings do not and have not ever created anything. Your parents did not create you because if they did they are God. Parents perpetuate life. They do not create life. Understand. Second, there is only ONE CREATOR. This Creator created two human beings in the beginning and all of human kind are their descendants.
Why did the archangel Gabriel relay the message from God that she would conceive Jesus in her womb if she didn't contribute anything? God can do anything so why didn't Jesus just appear out if thin air? I mean, that would have astounded people as much as the virgin birth.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

How come Matthew Mark Luke John all say the same thing and agree with each other, but their so-called first disciples don't all agree and didn't all write the same things?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The Bible tells us.....
<quoted text>
Wow. your demeanor is that of someone who's having trouble sustaining a lie. If you were presenting truth, like we Catholics are, there would be no need to continuously call everyone stupid, idiot, moron, dumb.
2Tim 3:16 is not nor ever was, endorsing Bible alone. It does not say Bible alone. You're saying it, but the verse isn't.
Besides, Paul was speaking of the OT Books, including the 7 you guys removed.
Christians didn't have a Bible yet. Paul wasn't done writing the rest of his letters. Peter didn't write yet.. That's what truth is, oldgee. You should try embracing it for once.
Give me verse where Jesus gives the list of inspired Books. There isn't a list is there? That fact alone debunks sola scripture, because you would need to go outside of scripture to get the list. That means it takes an earthly infallible authority to decide on a list of inspired Books. Its common sense Ol g.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
In Adam ALL DIE!
You wrote:

In Adam, all die (PHYSICAL)......

BUT,

In Jesus, all live (SPIRITUAL)......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 462,801 - 462,820 of512,446
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••