Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703817 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Claremont, Australia

#479662 Oct 2, 2013
We know who wash hands from Jesus as well many righteousness people.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#479663 Oct 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>unless you are Born Again, you could read and read the Bible million times and never come to an understanding of it. as You JUST SHOWED.
the [shedding of blood] for a sin sacrifice has nothing to do with a knowledge of catholicism,
it has to do with knowing God.
Who are you to say that Catholics are not "born again"?
It only makes you look like a pompous @ss.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#479664 Oct 2, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they claim they are born again at baptism. Which for most was done when then were a few months old. That is not scriptural so that is why Preston may be skeptical.

And with that mouth, you definitely are catholic huh? Your catholic sister Regina talks the same way.

Cuss during the week and show up at church on Sunday. Oh yes the catholic way!!
truth

Claremont, Australia

#479665 Oct 2, 2013
SERVE YOUR EVIL NOT MEEEEEEEEEEEE

Satan go away from me.

silky smooth skin is part of design

i walk i talk its bring me instantly with light

wounds open
they liked died but can't

not lift up your spirit in vain
for smooth silky skin
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479666 Oct 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Jesus compared the KINGDOM OF GOD TO LITTLE CHILDREN..
Mat_19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
IF LITTLE CHILDREN ARE SINNERS...THEN WHAT OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD.
IS IT FULL OF SIN TOO...
JESUS ALSO SAID AND USED THEM AS AN EXAMPLE OF THE FAITH OF BELIEVERS..
Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
GIF,

You wrote:

Jesus compared the KINGDOM OF GOD TO LITTLE CHILDREN

Why???

Because of their INNOCENT BLOOD....

Innocent Blood.....

naqiy

clean, free from, exempt, clear, innocent

free from guilt, clean, innocent

free from punishment

free or exempt from obligations

innocent

Psalm 106:38

38 They shed innocent blood,
the blood of their sons and daughters,
whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan,
and the land was desecrated by their blood.

Infants/children have INNOCENT BLOOD....
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#479667 Oct 2, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they claim they are born again at baptism. Which for most was done when then were a few months old. That is not scriptural so that is why Preston may be skeptical.
And with that mouth, you definitely are catholic huh? Your catholic sister Regina talks the same way.
Cuss during the week and show up at church on Sunday. Oh yes the catholic way!!
Stop pretending your farts don't stink. There is nothing more obvious on this thread than the fact that the more anti-Catholic someone is, the more they reak of dung as they go about with their holier than thou attitudes.
Get real.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#479668 Oct 2, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means you do pray to Mary and other dead people...opposite of what the Word of God teaches...
Christians do not seek the guidance of Christ...no need...we rely on, accept, and live by His promise:
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
You need to stay out of my relationship with Christ. Who said I don't live by his promise????? The harder you try to pull me away from Christ, the Harder He will pull me closer to Him. Your efforts are futile. Lord forgive them. They do not know what they are doing. Lord I will always look to you as my guide, especially when I encounter those who would use your Word to create sin- pride, wrath. You saved me from death. You can save me from these 2.I know this. Instead, Lord do not harm them. Conquer with your love and GUIDANCE.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#479669 Oct 2, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 6:45 for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

You said there's a lot of wacky new ideas floating around

lol...can you grasp Luke 6:45
truth

Claremont, Australia

#479670 Oct 2, 2013
'verything will past my words not'
How many prophet you accuse abuse rest prosecuted and killed?

Jesus Christ words is perfect.

it is written
from beginning tribe against tribe
nation against nation
people against people

it is written
Who try dived?..red see and so on

I say to you what Holy Scripture say!

Lucifer watch creation and liked be bigger then God
but fall.
desire to have and know
mosess divided red sea
commandments is
-not to wish
your desire is wish to have power and more production
against who and what asked your leaders

Jesus say
I come fulfill your Law>

INRI
my body lags hands mind be there on INRI
not pain exist as universal pain

-there is a no law
-there is a not love
-there is a no Mercy
-there is a suffering
everything there is complite

by

n
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#479671 Oct 2, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop pretending your farts don't stink. There is nothing more obvious on this thread than the fact that the more anti-Catholic someone is, the more they reak of dung as they go about with their holier than thou attitudes.
Get real.
Instead of playing the victim, may you can prove catholic doctrine..thanks
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#479672 Oct 2, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real.
The difference between you and I is the fact I can prove what I believe with God's Word. You can't and when you can't, you play the victim.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479673 Oct 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
sorry for the double posts...I don't know what happened....
LOL....

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#479674 Oct 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
There really is no way to reconcile this incident. They most certainly took it the wrong way. regardless, it dug up some pain.
And yeah you're right, the woman may have believed their child was in limbo... this was the thought of many people back then. Why on Earth she would tell a grieving mother that is beyond me. But I'm not going to be able to be patch this up I see, with those two. So its best to drop it and next time i won't say anything due to the sensitive subject.
----------

Clay

Lisa's birthday was yesterday. She was so loving and always smiling. For her and for our Savior Who loves all 3 of us, I forgive you. It never happened,I believe your account. t is done and need not be mentioned again. Give Rose a little time.

Nick
Pad

Rockford, IL

#479675 Oct 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Those born of the Spirit (born again) have a confident trust in HIM, and in His Word.
Catholics hope is in their 'church'. They cannot hear any thing you say, because they fear being 'out' of harmony with the 'church'."
So only those who believe as you and Webster about what the bible says are born of the Spirit?
Our faith and hope is in Christ and the Church (which is His body)He founded. "You are Peter (Rock), and on this Rock I will build My Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it; and I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
I think that it is great you have a church that gives you that security from its age of existence,but the church is not about a traditional existence,of buildings,tapestries,ceremonie s,pomp,and most of all occupancy. It is about believers who are connected with Christ,and doing the Will of His Father.The parable of the hirelings proves that.No matter who was hired first,the ones who were hired last still received the same wage as those who were hired first,and those past complained that the Master of the estate was unfair in how he paid those who came later.

It is what God is doing N O W that matters.He is raising up giant killers today,and whether he uses you Catholics,or we evangelicals,He still has to fortify us both with His Holy Spirit.We all need His anointing,and claiming you are the true church and God's Spirit is first exclusive to you,is no better than those complainers in the parable of the fieldworkers.It is quite obvious from the powerful move of God in all denominations today,that He wants to use as many as will listen to His voice,OBEY Him and do the very works that Please Him for the glory of His kingdom. If He wants to use an evangelical who is yielded to him,or a Catholic,Orthodox,or even a Presbyterian,He will.

All Christians have the credentials in Christ to do His Will and to follow in His footsteps!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#479676 Oct 2, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real.
Born again is a conversion when one puts their personal faith in Christ.

So instead of playing the victim, tell me how a 3 month old child does this. If you can't, then like Preston I will say catholics aren't born again. thanks
Clay

Washington, DC

#479677 Oct 2, 2013
Its important, Chuck and Preston, that you realize you're not an authority on Baptism. If the Lord left it up to you guys to decipher Bible verses to figure out His will, then Christianity is a joke anyway.

Infant Baptism is being born again. This doesn't mean that the infant can't grow up and reject the Lord just as countless evangelicals have, after they did their alter call and became 'born again' as adults. Jesus said we need to endure to the end.

The Jews circumcise children and we Baptize children. Baptism is the new circumcision.
Later, when the Catholic child is at an age of maturity, they can choose to affirm the Baptismal vows their parents made when they brought them into the Church. This is called the Sacrament of Confirmation. But even then, this is no guarantee of salvation, because God doesn't remove our free will. We can reject Him til we take our last breath.

Again, you have no authority to decide on the matter. You would have no clue about any of those Bible verses if it weren't for the Church who compiled it, safeguarded it, hand copied and finally published the Bible in 1452- bringing it to the night stands of the laity for the first time in human history.
You're nuts if you think your method is the way Our Lord willed for the revelation of Baptism to be conveyed to us. Nuts!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#479678 Oct 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
Infant Baptism is being born again.

Infants can't do this Clay and until a catholic can prove otherwise, your church doctrine is all heresy. So instead of saying we are no authority on scripture, there are 42,000 denominations, this is what the early Christians taught, and every other excuse you make...prove it Clay. thanks
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#479679 Oct 2, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I think that it is great you have a church that gives you that security from its age of existence,but the church is not about a traditional existence,of buildings,tapestries,ceremonie s,pomp,and most of all occupancy. It is about believers who are connected with Christ,and doing the Will of His Father.The parable of the hirelings proves that.No matter who was hired first,the ones who were hired last still received the same wage as those who were hired first,and those past complained that the Master of the estate was unfair in how he paid those who came later.
It is what God is doing N O W that matters.He is raising up giant killers today,and whether he uses you Catholics,or we evangelicals,He still has to fortify us both with His Holy Spirit.We all need His anointing,and claiming you are the true church and God's Spirit is first exclusive to you,is no better than those complainers in the parable of the fieldworkers.It is quite obvious from the powerful move of God in all denominations today,that He wants to use as many as will listen to His voice,OBEY Him and do the very works that Please Him for the glory of His kingdom. If He wants to use an evangelical who is yielded to him,or a Catholic,Orthodox,or even a Presbyterian,He will.
All Christians have the credentials in Christ to do His Will and to follow in His footsteps!
Thanks Dan, I've always appreciated your sincerity.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#479680 Oct 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "list" is in the sources you gave me. Obviously you NEVER read any of them, since you don't have any idea as to what I am referring to. So, please stop playing youranti-catholic games with me New Age! I DID read both of the (below sources) that you posted and (ADDITIONALLY) researched the names, background and the "personal opinions" that these "so-called bible experts" editorialized
http//www.earlychristianwritin gs.com
http//www.earlychristianwritin gs.com/acts.ht
Your "one sided modernistic author and writer sources, were obviously ALL "born yesterday"....... EVERY ONE of these authors and writer who consider themselves to be biblical experts including: Udo Schnelle, Hans Conzelmann, Joseph Fitzmyer, F.F. Bruce, Echhard Plumacher, Helmet Koester, Steven Davies, Burton Mack, Raymond Brown, Ben Witherington ----EVERY ONE OF THEM are pro-protestant, bible only, anti-catholic writers and authors who even go so far as to write papers on "Debunking Christianity"...... ALL of these (enlightened bible interpreters) wrote from (1992-1998). Obviously, you just "threw these sources out" without reading them, since you don't seem to know ANYTHING about what I am referring to!! Again--- we, as Catholics (all know) where you are coming from and we know that they are attempting to "undermine and debunk the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH History and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible. You are as "oblivious to the TRUTH as ever, which is "no surprise to ANY of us Catholics
If you think this way, you have yet to support your position with facts.

Please provide a citation that states these individuals are "pro-Protestant" and anti-Catholic.
Dan

Atlanta, GA

#479681 Oct 2, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Infants can't do this Clay and until a catholic can prove otherwise, your church doctrine is all heresy. So instead of saying we are no authority on scripture, there are 42,000 denominations, this is what the early Christians taught, and every other excuse you make...prove it Clay. thanks
Jesus said it (baptism) was salvific and necessary.

He commanded baptism.

Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May '18 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1