Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665590 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#479590 Oct 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism is obedience ..after one has,confessed
.believed ..been born again..
In and of itself ..it shows death and rebirth ..But it is,not saving ..
That's,what I learned ..But I'm not a,preacher .
Unlike sacraments don t at this,age or that ..it comes,AFTER profession
Of faith ..

1 Peter 3:21

And baptism, which this prefigured, now saves you—not as a removal of dirt from the body, but as an appeal to God for[a] a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#479592 Oct 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but I don't know where you get your info but it is wrong according to the Bible.
Andrew, the brother of peter was a disciple of John the Baptist and was Baptized by him of course, yet Later, after Andrew began to follow Jesus, Jesus gave to Andrew ,the Holy Ghost.
which indicates that water baptism never helped Andrew out one bit, and that unlike some beliefs today , the Holy Ghost was not present at Andrews baptizing. Jesus knew that, of course.
now if water baptism was sufficient for this very first disciple and follower, why was more(Holy Ghost) given him later?
Now if Peter and Paul could lay hands on men and they would receive the Holy Ghost, why couldnt Andrew and others also receive the Holy Ghost when john laid hands on them?
THAT is,Confirmation..the sacrament received around age 12 '

The Baptism vows renewed by the person..That were said at the Baptism ..by the godparents for he child ..

The idea is there But WHAT if the child does not have TRUE redeeming faith ...they learn he ritual with good intentions and HOPE the Holy Spirit
Becomes manifest within.each Child
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#479593 Oct 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And hopefully keeping him.for.potentially killing someone else who had not yet repented ..on your example ..
I think.teens male and female have been sold s Bill.of goods
And no matter what they learn at home ..they may sin.
Many emulate moronic celebrities ..many think.they are in.love..many are,experimenting .
Thou shalt nOT KILL
prevent pregnancy and spread of disease .
DON'T USE BULLETS ..sensible
While I know this is off-topic for this forum, Rose, I believe that you frequent an abortion forum on topix and am wondering if you're aware of the fact that many contraceptives are abortifacients? They alter the lining of the uterus thereby preventing implantation of the fertilized egg (a baby). They actually cause an abortion. And I'm not talking about the morning after pill either. Don't be so quick to approve of contraception.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479594 Oct 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope in no way condoned homosexual acts, fornication, using condoms or any other form of artificial contraception, he merely said that a homosexual who is not going to procreate anyway may be helping to stop the spread of AIDS if he does use a condom. The person who would use one in order to avoid infecting the other person out of concern for their health is a step closer to seeing the value of human life than a person who won't use one because they don't care if they infect them. I find it troubling so many of you can't or won't see this.
SHOW ME WHERE I SAID THE POPE CONDONED anything

I agreed ..Thou shalt not kill.

Wow ..You agree your wrong..You disagree your wrong

This,is a sinful world ..And there are wrongs hat hurt yourself

And wrongs,that hurt others,.

The,second is worse IMO

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479595 Oct 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't agree with what the earliest Christians believed about baptism. I think I knew that.
I believe one MUST BELIEVE AND BE BAPTIZED ..profess,their faith in he Saviour ..be baptized ..

Make believers and baptize ...

Yes,I believe it should be in that order .

Some protestants baptize babies ..some dedicate them ..But most teach one must profess,Jesus as Saviour to be saved

Gave His,Only Son that those WHO BELIEVE...will HAVE eternal life..

Now,since we are all agreed Babies are no going anywhere BUT with

Jesus ..we know They do not believe ...yet .

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#479596 Oct 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But the Pope never said its ok for Catholics to use contraception. Ever. Do you seriously not think we can see what you're about, Ox?
You're a liar and a cheat; a manipulator of scripture. There is not one hint of Christ in anything you say. I don't get you.
Anyway, your only desire is to get under peoples skin and you almost did it with me .

The issue of contraception has always been a heavily contested issue in the Catholic Church. That’s why a headline in this morning’s Telegraph “The Pope drops Catholic ban on condoms in historic shift” stopped me in my tracks.
----------
Pure logic escapes you..

The Catholics had a ban on condoms..The Catholic ban on condoms affected only the Catholics!!!! The lifting of this ban affects only Catholics!!!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#479597 Oct 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
SHOW ME WHERE I SAID THE POPE CONDONED anything
I agreed ..Thou shalt not kill.
Wow ..You agree your wrong..You disagree your wrong
This,is a sinful world ..And there are wrongs hat hurt yourself
And wrongs,that hurt others,.
The,second is worse IMO
I'm making it clear that the pope did not approve the use of condoms as a means of birth control, regardless of the circumstances. Your posts seem to imply you think he is.

Location hidden

#479598 Oct 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's beyond you. Just walk away.
Thanks for proving my words...you cannot face facts..truth..

You need some work on your save face...its has no luster!!!!

Location hidden

#479599 Oct 1, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, sure. what question would you like answered. hope it isn't where in the Bible it oks perverted sex acts, because nowhere would it approve of that. The condom issue had to do with keeping the sinner alive long enough ao Christ could save him. Saving his soul. But go ahead, im sorry. What's the question?
Cute....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479600 Oct 1, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Peter 3:21
And baptism, which this prefigured, now saves you—not as a removal of dirt from the body, but as an appeal to God for[a] a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
BAPTism does NO CLEANSING ..YOU HAVE to BELIEVE it why would YOU. appeal to GOD...

Location hidden

#479601 Oct 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm making it clear that the pope did not approve the use of condoms as a means of birth control, regardless of the circumstances. Your posts seem to imply you think he is.
Most reasonably sane people understand, when you use a condom, if for the protection against any type of VD, HIV, the flu, ingrown toenails, it also prevents pregnancies...which is the act of birth control!!!!

It does not have a dial with settings for only VD HIV flu ingrown toenails protection, as well as, for only birth control.

Analogue: When you fire a 12 gauge shotgun loaded with buckshot into the head of a person, he is dead as a door nail...don't matter if you only intended to scare him!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479602 Oct 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
First I was,answering Hermi.. about what he,said about keeping a person
Alive ..
I said,I believe in contraception ..And,also snared,Ox ..

THOU SHALT NOT KILL. Using the no bullets,analog..a,good one IMO

These,people,are potentially killing each other . Make or female
Also said,I KNOW CATHOLICS. don t agree,..so I never said the POPE ,
Agreed with me ..

As,ONLY personal opinion ...I also think contraception ..can and dies,prevent abortion ....much worse,IMO...
Kills,babies and,souls,

And I'd not be surprised if this Pope agrees,..on that we,shall see,..

But neither Nick or I said he POPE was,condoning anything
Hurting another is,a bigger sin. IMO

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479603 Oct 1, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
While I know this is off-topic for this forum, Rose, I believe that you frequent an abortion forum on topix and am wondering if you're aware of the fact that many contraceptives are abortifacients? They alter the lining of the uterus thereby preventing implantation of the fertilized egg (a baby). They actually cause an abortion. And I'm not talking about the morning after pill either. Don't be so quick to approve of contraception.
And here we go ..Going to say this,once
You want to talk abortion go there

Iud. Can do that ..I thunk the are bad

Pill STOPS,OVULATION ..no egg no baby ..a whole lot of CATHOLUCS use theme

Makes he body think your pregnant ..do you DOn't get a new egg .
If it fails,you may get pregnant which your body thinks you are ..

No egg no baby no abortion

Condoms ..no sperm..no baby ..no abortion ..if it fails pregnant ..

Neither of the last two causes abortion...

And using them most definitely prevents many pregnancies that result in abortion .

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#479604 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Your judging of me has completely destroyed your testimony if you ever had one.
You have judged your self before us all...

the Bible says .

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

. YOU REFUSE TO BRING YOU SELF UNDER SUBJECTION TO THE WORD.

MAKING DEROGATORY REMARKS

AGAINST ME DOES NOT ERASE YOUR OPEN SIN...

THE ONLY WAY TO BE FORGIVEN

IS TO CONFESS YOUR SINS UNTO GOD, AND SEEK FORGIVENESS...

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

YOU ARE MAKING IT VERY CLEAR TO ALL HERE IN THIS FORUM THAT YOUR SIN IS WILLFUL AND YOU ARE... UNREPENTANT...

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#479606 Oct 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have a problem reading, that is the only thing I can think of when you posted this:
" If you chose to follow your "extended" list of anti-catholic writers from the sources that you gave me"
I didn't give you any "extended" listing of any sort.
Please stop lying about me and promoting hatred.
The "list" is in the sources you gave me. Obviously you NEVER read any of them, since you don't have any idea as to what I am referring to. So, please stop playing youranti-catholic games with me New Age! I DID read both of the (below sources) that you posted and (ADDITIONALLY) researched the names, background and the "personal opinions" that these "so-called bible experts" editorialized

http//www.earlychristianwritin gs.com
http//www.earlychristianwritin gs.com/acts.ht

Your "one sided modernistic author and writer sources, were obviously ALL "born yesterday"....... EVERY ONE of these authors and writer who consider themselves to be biblical experts including: Udo Schnelle, Hans Conzelmann, Joseph Fitzmyer, F.F. Bruce, Echhard Plumacher, Helmet Koester, Steven Davies, Burton Mack, Raymond Brown, Ben Witherington ----EVERY ONE OF THEM are pro-protestant, bible only, anti-catholic writers and authors who even go so far as to write papers on "Debunking Christianity"...... ALL of these (enlightened bible interpreters) wrote from (1992-1998). Obviously, you just "threw these sources out" without reading them, since you don't seem to know ANYTHING about what I am referring to!! Again--- we, as Catholics (all know) where you are coming from and we know that they are attempting to "undermine and debunk the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH History and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible. You are as "oblivious to the TRUTH as ever, which is "no surprise to ANY of us Catholics
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#479607 Oct 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
BAPTism does NO CLEANSING ..YOU HAVE to BELIEVE it why would YOU. appeal to GOD...
Are you contradicting St. Peter in Scripture, now?

Acts 2:38
38 And Peter said to them,“Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF YOUR SINS; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 22:16
16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized, and WASH AWAY YOUR SINS, calling on his name.

Romans 6:3–4
3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

Colossians 2:11–13
11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of flesh in the circumcision of Christ; 12 and you were buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead. 13 And you, who were dead in trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479608 Oct 1, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you contradicting St. Peter in Scripture, now?
Acts 2:38
38 And Peter said to them,“Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ FOR THE FORGIVENESS OF YOUR SINS; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 22:16
16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized, and WASH AWAY YOUR SINS, calling on his name.
Romans 6:3–4
3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.
Colossians 2:11–13
11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of flesh in the circumcision of Christ; 12 and you were buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead. 13 And you, who were dead in trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,

no

REPENT. And be baptized

ARISE,assuming you are on your knees to your Lord And Saviour in the,first place. BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE AS,JESUS SAID

Buried to sin..You repented of

Babies,do not do any of that ....

Baby baptism ...nice ..not what Peter was talking about

#479609 Oct 1, 2013
who="Oxbow"
Most reasonably sane people understand, when you use a condom, if for the protection against any type of VD, HIV, the flu, ingrown toenails, it also prevents pregnancies...which is the act of birth control!!!!
It does not have a dial with settings for only VD HIV flu ingrown toenails protection, as well as, for only birth control.
Analogue: When you fire a 12 gauge shotgun loaded with buckshot into the head of a person, he is dead as a door nail...don't matter if you only intended to scare him!!!!

'Reasonably sane people' don't have to be protected against ANY type of sexually transmitted disease.
One man/one woman marriage is not troubled by STD's. "Thou shalt not commit adultery", is a great STD preventative.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479610 Oct 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You have judged your self before us all...
the Bible says .
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
. YOU REFUSE TO BRING YOU SELF UNDER SUBJECTION TO THE WORD.
MAKING DEROGATORY REMARKS
AGAINST ME DOES NOT ERASE YOUR OPEN SIN...
THE ONLY WAY TO BE FORGIVEN
IS TO CONFESS YOUR SINS UNTO GOD, AND SEEK FORGIVENESS...
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
YOU ARE MAKING IT VERY CLEAR TO ALL HERE IN THIS FORUM THAT YOUR SIN IS WILLFUL AND YOU ARE... UNREPENTANT...
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
GIF??

First How's Kay

Second can you answer Regina on her scripture question...right below you ..your better at it than I am ..I just look at it simply ..what

Thanks ..tell Kay we miss her

#479611 Oct 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to say anything else (other than) repeating the same TRUE (over and over and over again) of TRUE Church history and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible that was given to ALL OF US by the Early Church Fathers (who wrote it, and interpreted it in 382, 393 AND 397 AD. The same bible interpretation that you twist, manipulate, and have distorted the meaning since the Reformation to your own demise and destruction. Since you have "little or nothing" to back up your bible only (contradicting and inconsistent) beliefs,(burger flipping) bible verses,(one after the other), then adding your own (anti-catholic) interpretation to them is the ONLY thing you have that keeps your "bible only boat" from sinking and in a constant spin, with confusion chaos and contradiction with your other 42,000 "fundies" (going around and around in circles). After 35 years, as a bible only Protestant,....(THANKFULLY) Our Lord Jesus Christ, with the leading of the Holy Spirit, led me out of this (half-truth) Christianity, into the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church. Daily Prayers for you and Kay Marie!!!
~~~

I don't need to say anything else (other than)

i AGREE THAT YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY...

AND YOU MIGHT AS WELL HAVE LEFT OUT THE "OTHER THAN"

i WILL SAY AS i HAVE SAID BEFORE...

IF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS ...THE ONLY ..CHURCH THAT REPRESENTS GOD HERE ON EARTH...

WE ARE ALL HEADED FOR HELL IN A HAND BASKET...

I HAVE MORE FAITH IN GOD.... HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS....

HIS HOLINESS AND PURITY ...

THAN TO BELIEVE OR EVEN ENTERTAIN THE FABLE

THAT HE WOULD CHANG HIS MIND ...

AND APPROVE THE HEATHEN SINS

THAT HE HATED

IN THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.

IT WOULD BE LUDICROUSNESS TO THINK THAT THOSE THAT THUMB THEIR NOSES IN

HIS FACE WOULD BE CHOSEN

AS HIS ONE AND ONLY TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH...

AS FOR ME I WILL I WILL BE OBEDIENT TO HIS WORD THAT SAYS

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?

for ye are the temple of the living God;

as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and

walk in them; and I will be their God, and

they shall be my people.

THIS IS WHAT I RECOMMEND TO YOU AND OTHER ROMAN CATHOLICS...

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and

touch not the unclean thing; and

I will receive you,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Christmas reminds us that Jesus was a migrant l... 4 hr True Christian wi... 3
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Fri Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
More from around the web