Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 682005 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479469 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
A pastor's wife was expecting a baby, so he stood before the congregation and asked for a raise.
After much discussion, they passed a rule that whenever the preacher's family expanded, so would his paycheck.
After 6 children, this started to get expensive and the congregation decided to hold another meeting to discuss the preacher's expanding salary. A great deal of yelling and inner bickering ensued, as to how much the clergyman's additional children were costing the church, and how much more it could potentially cost.
After listening to them for about an hour, the pastor rose from his chair and spoke,'Children are a gift from God, and we will take as many gifts as He gives us'. Complete silence fell on the congregation.
From the back pew, a little old lady struggled to stand, and finally said in her litte frail voice,'Rain is also a gift from God, but when we get too much of it, we wear rubbers..'
The entire congregation said,'Amen..'
<quoted text>
This is a joke. You know, HUMOR! Sorry it offended you.
OldJG,

As Christians, we MUST always be careful on what we SAY and DO....

Our conversations (what we speak) and our actions (what we do) MUST always bring GLORY to our God.

Just remember some thing....the more you develop Christlike character in every way, the more you will bring GLORY to God.

We always tell our kids this.....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#479470 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
A pastor's wife was expecting a baby, so he stood before the congregation and asked for a raise.
After much discussion, they passed a rule that whenever the preacher's family expanded, so would his paycheck.
After 6 children, this started to get expensive and the congregation decided to hold another meeting to discuss the preacher's expanding salary. A great deal of yelling and inner bickering ensued, as to how much the clergyman's additional children were costing the church, and how much more it could potentially cost.
After listening to them for about an hour, the pastor rose from his chair and spoke,'Children are a gift from God, and we will take as many gifts as He gives us'. Complete silence fell on the congregation.
From the back pew, a little old lady struggled to stand, and finally said in her litte frail voice,'Rain is also a gift from God, but when we get too much of it, we wear rubbers..'

<quoted text>
This is a joke. Try laughing once. It feels good.
A CHRISTIAN IS NOT SUPPOSED TO LIVE BY HIS FEELINGS OR THE REST OF HIS FIVE SENSES...which are the promptings of the flesh,...

Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Eph_4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Col_3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479471 Oct 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>He who has the Spirit of Christ in him, will love those whom Christ loved so as to die for them. Injuries done to Christians, are done to Christ; but most of all, the entangling them in guilt: wounding their consciences, is wounding him. We should be very tender of doing any thing that may occasion stumbling to others, though it may be innocent in itself. And if we must not endanger other men's souls, how much should we take care not to destroy our own!Matthew Henry.
some good advice that you have given her, however I have found that she doesn't adhere to Biblical principles, only her own!
Thank you, Preston!

And, AMEN!

People need to understand....how valuable is a person's soul to God???
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479472 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you still don't understand that Gods People don't talk like that, in public or PRIVATE.
and you have been rebuked several times for this vulgarity and I am glad that others feel the same way as I do about your posts.
You self-righteous pompous ass. Vulgar? What word is vulgar in this JOKE? The word can only be vulgar if your mind is in the gutter prior to reading it. Get off your high horse you white washed tomb. You are not God nor are you a god. Do you understand!! Yes or no will do.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479473 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG,
As Christians, we MUST always be careful on what we SAY and DO....
Our conversations (what we speak) and our actions (what we do) MUST always bring GLORY to our God.
Just remember some thing....the more you develop Christlike character in every way, the more you will bring GLORY to God.
We always tell our kids this.....
For the record, does everything you say and do bring glory to God? Apparently you believe God is somehow being glorified with your post to me. Is that your contention?

Do you know the definition of self-righteous? Look it up. It will help you understand yourself.

#479474 Oct 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you still don't understand that Gods People don't talk like that, in public or PRIVATE.
and you have been rebuked several times for this vulgarity and I am glad that others feel the same way as I do about your posts.
You are so right...

The Bible says

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

2Co 10:5 --> Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;<--

2Co 10:6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

As for joy...and clean laughter..

Psa_21:1 The king shall joy in thy strength, O LORD; and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!

Php_4:4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

A christian should discipline himself to obedience to the word of God..

Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren,

whatsoever things are true,

whatsoever things are honest,

whatsoever things are just,

whatsoever things are pure,

whatsoever things are lovely,

whatsoever things are of good report;

if there be any virtue, and

if there be any praise,

think on these things.

Php 4:9 Those things,

which ye have both learned, and

received, and

heard, and

seen in me,

do: and

the God of peace shall be with you.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479475 Oct 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
A CHRISTIAN IS NOT SUPPOSED TO LIVE BY HIS FEELINGS OR THE REST OF HIS FIVE SENSES...which are the promptings of the flesh,...
Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Eph_4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Col_3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Did my post say I was led by my feelings? Are you so stupid you cannot understand a joke? Try reading again. I said, quote, "This is a joke. Try laughing once. It feels good." End quote.

When will you get over your self-righteous perfect non-feeling self? This joke can only be filthy if your mind is filthy. I guess that says it all doesn't it??!!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479476 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
For the record, does everything you say and do bring glory to God? Apparently you believe God is somehow being glorified with your post to me. Is that your contention?
Do you know the definition of self-righteous? Look it up. It will help you understand yourself.
OldJG,

The post was from you, not me.....

You say you are a deacon in the Lord's church......what does your post say to others as you hold a position in the Lord's church as a deacon?

Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479477 Oct 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right...
The Bible says
2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2Co 10:5 --> Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;<--
2Co 10:6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
As for joy...and clean laughter..
Psa_21:1 The king shall joy in thy strength, O LORD; and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
Php_4:4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
A christian should discipline himself to obedience to the word of God..
Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Php 4:8 Finally, brethren,
whatsoever things are true,
whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just,
whatsoever things are pure,
whatsoever things are lovely,
whatsoever things are of good report;
if there be any virtue, and
if there be any praise,
think on these things.
Php 4:9 Those things,
which ye have both learned, and
received, and
heard, and
seen in me,
do: and
the God of peace shall be with you.
You must believe sex is filthy? If so, where does the Bible tell us sex is filthy?

Now as for you Pharisee's, try this on ......

Matthew 7:1, "Judge not, that you be not judged."

Luke 6:37-38, "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you."
Michael

Canada

#479478 Oct 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But the Pope never said its ok for Catholics to use contraception. Ever. Do you seriously not think we can see what you're about, Ox?
You're a liar and a cheat; a manipulator of scripture. There is not one hint of Christ in anything you say. I don't get you.
Anyway, your only desire is to get under peoples skin and you almost did it with me .
Masturbation is NOT the substitute for contraception according to the church. You better stop doing that!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479479 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
OldJG,

A deacon is one who would be a great asset to the Lord's church in the capacity of a teacher.

What is being taught by your post???
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479480 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
atemcowboy wrote:
Sounds like my joke hit a nerve. Is that the problem? Does this joke describe you? You did tell us you were a pastor didn't you? From which seminary did you graduate, the Seminary of
Self-Rigtheousness?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479481 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG,
The post was from you, not me.....
You say you are a deacon in the Lord's church......what does your post say to others as you hold a position in the Lord's church as a deacon?
Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.
Yes, I am a deacon in MY Lord's church.

You said, quote, "what does your post say to others as you hold a position in the Lord's church as a deacon?" End quote.

It says I can laugh and have a sense of humor. The joke is not dirty......you are.

You said, quote, "Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ." End quote.

Be imitators of you????? REALLY!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#479482 Oct 1, 2013
How Asparagus Got Its Name

A sixth grade child was asked to write a book report on the entire Bible. Here is what he wrote:
In the beginning, which occurred near the start, there was nothing but God, darkness, and some gas. The Bible says,"The Lord thy God is one," but I think He must be a lot older than that.
Anyway, God said, "Give me a light!" and someone did.
Then God made the world.
He split the Adam and made Eve. Adam and Eve were naked, but they weren't embarrassed because mirrors hadn't been invented yet.
Adam and Eve disobeyed God by eating one bad apple, so they were driven from the Garden of Eden ... Not sure what they were driven in though, because they didn't have cars.
Adam and Eve had a son, Cain, who hated his brother as long as he was Abel. Pretty soon all of the early people died off, except for Methuselah, who lived to be like a million or something.
One of the next important people was Noah, who was a good guy, but one of his kids was kind of a Ham. Noah built a large boat and put his family and some animals on it. He asked some other people to join him, but they said they would have to take a rain check.
After Noah came Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Jacob was more famous than his brother, Esau, because Esau sold Jacob his birthmark in exchange for some pot roast. Jacob had a son named Joseph who wore a really loud sports coat.
Another important Bible guy is Moses, whose real name was Charlton Heston. Moses led the Israel Lights out of Egypt and away from the evil Pharaoh after God sent ten plagues on Pharaoh's people. These plagues included frogs, mice, lice, bowels, and no cable.
God fed the Israel Lights every day with manicotti. Then he gave them His Top Ten Commandments. These include: don't lie, cheat, smoke, dance, or covet your neighbor's stuff.
Oh, yeah, I just thought of one more: Humor thy father and thy mother.
One of Moses' best helpers was Joshua who was the first Bible guy to use spies. Joshua fought the battle of Geritol and the fence fell over on the town.
After Joshua came David. He got to be king by killing a giant with a slingshot. He had a son named Solomon who had about 300 wives and 500 porcupines. My teacher says he was wise, but that doesn't sound very wise to me.
After Solomon there were a bunch of major league prophets. One of these was Jonah, who was swallowed by a big whale and then barfed up on the shore.
>
> There were also some minor league prophets, but I guess we don't have to worry about them.
>
> After the Old Testament came the New Testament. Jesus is the star of The New Testament. He was born in Bethlehem in a barn.(I wish I had been born in a barn too, because my mom is always saying to me, "Close the door! Were you born in a barn?" It would be nice to say,''As a matter of fact, I was.'')
During His life, Jesus had many arguments with sinners like the Pharisees and the Republicans. Jesus also had twelve opossums.The worst one was Judas Asparagus. Judas was so evil that they named a terrible vegetable after him.
Jesus was a great man. He healed many leopards and even preached to some Germans on the Mount. But the Democrats and all those guys put Jesus on trial before Pontius the Pilot. Pilot didn't stick up for Jesus. He just washed his hands instead.
Anyways, Jesus died for our sins, then came back to life again. He went up to Heaven but will be back at the end of the Aluminum. His return is foretold in the book of Revolution.

#479483 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Did my post say I was led by my feelings? Are you so stupid you cannot understand a joke? Try reading again. I said, quote, "This is a joke. Try laughing once. It feels good." End quote.
When will you get over your self-righteous perfect non-feeling self? This joke can only be filthy if your mind is filthy. I guess that says it all doesn't it??!!!!
look ..

In the Prayer of Jesus in John 17...He prayed

Joh 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Joh 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Joh 17:17 --> SANCTIFY <--

--> SANCTIFY <--DEFINED IN GREEK... to make holy, that is,(ceremonially) purify or consecrate; (mentally) to venerate:- hallow, be holy, sanctify.

them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Joh 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

Joh 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

Joh 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us:

that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

IF A PERSON IS A CHRISTIAN...(ONE IN CHRIST) HE STRIVES TO BECOME AN EXAMPLE OF THE BELIEVER

1Ti 4:11 These things command and teach.

1Ti 4:12 .... but be thou an example of the believers,

in word,

in conversation,

in charity,

in spirit,

in faith,

in purity.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479484 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG,
A deacon is one who would be a great asset to the Lord's church in the capacity of a teacher.
What is being taught by your post???
What is being taught by my post? To laugh.

Your post on the other hand has sadly revealed there are many like you who consider themselves "religious" but whose words have revealed they are nothing more than "self-righteous" "self-serving" stone throwers.

Remember.....John 8:7-11, 7 "And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her." 8 And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. 9 But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10 Jesus stood up and said to her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" 11 She said,“No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more."

Since: Oct 13

Pascoag, RI

#479485 Oct 1, 2013
I. Aggree
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479486 Oct 1, 2013
"confrinting with the word" you credit Satan with more power to take us from our salvation than you credit God with the power to KEEP us. Why is that? Jeremiah 17:9, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?"

You call yourself a Christian and don't believe God is stronger than Satan. You should rename yourself.

ETERNAL SECURITY
by: Adrian Rogers

1. NOTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM THE LOVE OF GOD WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.(Romans 8:38-39) Neither death nor anything that happens after death, or anything that happens while you're living can separate you from God's love. If there were no other verse in the Bible that deals with eternal security, this one covers the base.

2. WHEN YOU ARE SAVED YOU ARE MADE PERFECT FOREVER
Because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.(Hebrews 10:14) When Jesus died on the cross, He saved you forever. Jesus offered one sacrifice for sin forever. If you ever lost your salvation, in order for you to be saved again, Jesus would have to die again. By one offering He has perfected forever those who were sanctified.

3. OUR LORD ALWAYS FINISHES WHAT HE BEGINS
Being confident of this very thing, that He [God] which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.(Philippians 1:6) Let me tell you what the Holy Spirit of God does for your salvation. First, He convicted you of sin. Second, He converted you. And the Convictor and the Converter is also the Completer. If God fails to finish what He's begun God has failed and He cannot fail.

4. YOU ARE PREDESTINED TO BE LIKE JESUS
For whom He [God] did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.(Romans 8:29) God saw you before this world was put in space. He saw you repent of your sin and ask Jesus to save you. And when God saw that, not only did He foreknow it, but also He predestinated it. If it is settled in eternity how can it be undone in time?

5. YOU ARE IN CHRIST
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.(2 Corinthians 5:17) You are in Christ just like Noah was in the ark. The ark was a picture of Jesus and when Noah went into that ark God shut the door. Noah may have fallen down a lot of times in that ark, but he never fell out of it. Your security is not in a place, it is in a Person and His name is Jesus. And if you're in Jesus, you're secure and if you're not in Jesus you're not secure.

6. YOU ALREADY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
Heareth My word, and believeth on him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(John 5:24) Everlasting life is not something you get when you die. Everlasting life is something you get when you receive Jesus. If I have everlasting life, when can it end? Suppose I had it 10 years and it ended. Did I have everlasting life? No, I had a 10-year life. Whatever you have, if you ever lose it, whatever it was it wasn't everlasting.

7. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS EVER INTERCEDING FOR YOU
I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.(John 17:9) Jesus also prayed: "I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil...Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word" (John 17:15, 20). Say your name in that verse because Jesus prayed for you! Has Jesus ever prayed a prayer that wasn't answered? No, not one (see John 11:42 and Hebrews 7:25).

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#479488 Oct 1, 2013
marge wrote:
You have Opinions Hojo, just like those who were taught by the Apostles, mere opinions, Unlike the Word of God which is flawless, perfect, are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Looks like your "perfect words" are causing many to sin.

Damn it - there is no win-win here.

“‘Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed."
“‘Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material."

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

And those are the tame ones.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479489 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes, I am a deacon in MY Lord's church.
You said, quote, "what does your post say to others as you hold a position in the Lord's church as a deacon?" End quote.
It says I can laugh and have a sense of humor. The joke is not dirty......you are.
You said, quote, "Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ." End quote.
Be imitators of you????? REALLY!!
OldJG,

LOL......

You are a (so-called) deacon and you think this is me speaking....

"Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ."

Oh my, my......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web