Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650846 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Kinder, LA

#479241 Sep 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
You have to understand the language of the Old Testament....
When you look at the Old Testament passages, Israel, Zion or Jerusalem is often represented as a woman....
I am giving you this one verse to study:
Isaiah 54:1-6
1 “Sing, barren woman,
you who never bore a child;
burst into song, shout for joy,
you who were never in labor;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
than of her who has a husband,”
says the Lord.
2 “Enlarge the place of your tent,
stretch your tent curtains wide,
do not hold back;
lengthen your cords,
strengthen your stakes.
3 For you will spread out to the right and to the left;
your descendants will dispossess nations
and settle in their desolate cities.
4 “Do not be afraid; you will not be put to shame.
Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated.
You will forget the shame of your youth
and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood.
5 For your Maker is your husband—
the Lord Almighty is his name—
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;
he is called the God of all the earth.
6 The Lord will call you back
as if you were a wife deserted and distressed in spirit—
a wife who married young,
only to be rejected,” says your God.
The woman in Revelation Chapter 12 is the Nation of Israel.
Truth

Peace

I appreciate your diligence in this matter, and the strength of your belief.

I look on Isaiah as both a Prophet and Evangelist. In the verses you just quoted, I can see Jesus reading this to his mother.

Isaiah lived in a time of Assyrian occupation, and was looking for the restoration to the uniting of the Kingdom(nation) of Israel. This HAPPENED.

Jesus is our Salvation, not the nation of Israel. He came out of Israel. Israel was a light, as one uses a light at night seeking out the Bridegroom. Jesus was and is our Bridegroom and Salvation. Keep your eyes on Him.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#479242 Sep 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic Church "doctrine,or dogma with regards to faith and morals HAS NOT CHANGED in over 2000 years, nor will EVER CHANGE,
Yes it has, please stop lying.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#479243 Sep 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
Seeing the man child being Jesus gives further support to the woman being the Nation of Israel.
Truth

Peace

Have you seen Jesus as a baby, a child, a man?

I have.

Peace
Clay

Detroit, MI

#479244 Sep 30, 2013
Gods R Delusions wrote:
<quoted text>
Question - was it ever official Church teaching that only Catholics could be saved?
e.g. "no salvation outside the Church?"
That position was codified by Papal Bull and older versions of the Catechism made that position crystal clear.
But now you claim that was never church teaching.
Please explain how your simple denial changes history?
DS can do a much better job than me of explaining that, but I'll give it a whirl because he doesn't come on this forum as much and may not answer for a few days.
The teaching of 'no salvation outside the Church' was made when there was no such thing as Protestantism. But even then, the Church understood that salvation is a mystery and it can only be fully known to God alone. However, we were left with very clear instructions from the Apostles on how to get saved. We know the sure way. Follow Christ and endure til the end.
That's what we've gotta go with and its not worth taking a chance outside of the Church.

Albuquerque, NM

#479245 Sep 30, 2013
marge wrote:
God alone answers prayers, and He knows when you pray to His creation instead of Him.
How do you know "He" knows?

How is it that you know "He" does?

You sure like to make some unfounded claims.

Self.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479246 Sep 30, 2013
Robert,

Study these scriptures:

The woman fleeing into the wilderness in Revelation 12......

Matthew 24:21

21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

Now, breaks His covenant with Israel....

2 Thessalonians 2:4

4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

What is He seeking?

Destruction of the people of Israel.....

Isaiah 28:15-19

15 You boast,“We have entered into a covenant with death,
with the realm of the dead we have made an agreement.
When an overwhelming scourge sweeps by,
it cannot touch us,
for we have made a lie our refuge
and falsehood our hiding place.”

16 So this is what the Sovereign Lord says:

“See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone,
a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation;
the one who relies on it
will never be stricken with panic.

17 I will make justice the measuring line
and righteousness the plumb line;
hail will sweep away your refuge, the lie,
and water will overflow your hiding place.

18 Your covenant with death will be annulled;
your agreement with the realm of the dead will not stand.
When the overwhelming scourge sweeps by,
you will be beaten down by it.

19 As often as it comes it will carry you away;
morning after morning, by day and by night,
it will sweep through.”

The understanding of this message
will bring sheer terror.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#479247 Sep 30, 2013
GOD'S LOVE DOES NOT DEPEND UPON US BEING A PART OF AN EARTHLY RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION...

OUR SALVATION
DOES NOT DEPEND UPON RITUALS, CEREMONIES, RELIGIOUS CALISTHENICS OR NAME OF DENOMINATION WE BELONG TO...

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

NOTE ..WE ARE JUSTIFIED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS...

Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

WE WERE RECONCILED TO GOD BY THE DEATH OF JESUS.

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

JESUS' BLOOD WAS SHED FOR OUR ATONEMENT.

Rom 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

ORIGINALLY... SIN CAME UPON ALL MEN THROUGH THE SIN OF ADAM

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

DEATH,.... SEPARATION FROM GOD CAME TO ALL MEN THROUGH ADAMS TRANSGRESSION.

Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Rom 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift.

For if through the offence of one many be dead,

much more the grace of God, and

RECONCILIATION CAME THROUGH JESUS ..hE IS THE GIFT OF GOD'S GRACE

the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ,

hath abounded unto many.

Rom 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation,

but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

WE ARE JUSTIFIED BY FAITH..

Rom_3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom_5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Rom_5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Tit_3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
-------

Tit 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and
pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done,

but according to his mercy he saved us,

by the washing of regeneration, and

renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that

they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works.

These things are good and profitable unto men.

Tit 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

THE LAWS OF CATHOLICISM.... ARE JUST AS WORTHLESS

TO THE GENTILES ...UNDER GRACE... AS IS THE LEVITICAL LAWS ...OF MOSES

Albuquerque, NM

#479248 Sep 30, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
I believe my post regarding joyful mourning was wrong. Instead of saying mourning for others sins I should have said we should judge them for their sins, show how we ourselves are above them,and then assume, not humbly but pridefully that God is on our side and does not hear their prayer. Please accept my correction
:o)

You heathen!!

And jsut think - so many people have been doing it the wrong way!

:o)

Have a great week Herme!
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#479250 Sep 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
Study this scripture:
Jeremiah 3:20
20 But like a woman unfaithful to her husband,
so you, <<<Israel,>> > have been unfaithful to me,”
declares the Lord.
Truth:

With the confirmation of Preston, I was urged to restudy the Book of Jeremiah. He did not have much good to say about Israel. Not much at all....

Essentially, a lot of Christianity has fallen into the same errors that Israel has in its past. But also in a sense, Christianity calls for a higher price, and being a Christian in the world is harder than a Jew as well. It is very difficult to keep oneself chaste, in poverty, and being despised, because the worlds standards are in such opposition than that of being a Christian....

It is easy to believe oneself a Christian but yet having an overabundance of material, food and wealth. It is quite another thing to be a Christian.

Peace
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479251 Sep 30, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth
Peace
I appreciate your diligence in this matter, and the strength of your belief.
I look on Isaiah as both a Prophet and Evangelist. In the verses you just quoted, I can see Jesus reading this to his mother.
Isaiah lived in a time of Assyrian occupation, and was looking for the restoration to the uniting of the Kingdom(nation) of Israel. This HAPPENED.
Jesus is our Salvation, not the nation of Israel. He came out of Israel. Israel was a light, as one uses a light at night seeking out the Bridegroom. Jesus was and is our Bridegroom and Salvation. Keep your eyes on Him.
Robert,

Jeremiah 31:1-2

31 “At that time,” declares the Lord,“I will be the God of all the families of Israel, and they will be my people.”

2 This is what the Lord says:

“The people who survive the sword
will find <favor> in the wilderness;
I will come to give <<<rest to Israel.”>>>

Grace in the wilderness......

Give REST to Israel......

#479252 Sep 30, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth
Peace
Have you seen Jesus as a baby, a child, a man?
I have.
Peace
~~~

MEN HAVE VISIONS OF JESUS ...

MANY MUSLEMS HAVE HAD VISIONS OF JESUS APPEARING TO THE OF LATE..

AND HAVE RESPONDED TO HIM BY REPENTING AND RECEIVING HIS AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR...

SEEMS STRANGE THAT HE (IN HIS APPEARANCE TO THEM) IS NOT DIRECTING THEM

TO BECOME A PART OF THE (so called) one true APOSTOLIC ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH,

ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY CLAIM TO HAVE THE MONOPOLY AND FRANCHISE TO THE

ACCESS OF THRONE ROOM OF GOD...
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#479253 Sep 30, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
DS can do a much better job than me of explaining that, but I'll give it a whirl because he doesn't come on this forum as much and may not answer for a few days.
The teaching of 'no salvation outside the Church' was made when there was no such thing as Protestantism. But even then, the Church understood that salvation is a mystery and it can only be fully known to God alone. However, we were left with very clear instructions from the Apostles on how to get saved. We know the sure way. Follow Christ and endure til the end.
That's what we've gotta go with and its not worth taking a chance outside of the Church.
Thanks Clay, I understand the teaching. What I was referring to is the claim that the RCC HAS NEVER CHANGED ITS TEACHINGS.

That is a clear change. And yes, that teaching ("no salvation outside the Church") is clearly supported by the Gospels (John for example).

Yet now, the last three Popes have taught that this teaching is wrong -- that anyone can be saved, even atheists.

That is only one of many changes that can be documented.

After all, if there have been "no changes," then there would have been no need to update the Catechism so many times through the centuries?
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#479254 Sep 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
Robert,
Study these scriptures:
The woman fleeing into the wilderness in Revelation 12......
Matthew 24:21
21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.
Now, breaks His covenant with Israel....
2 Thessalonians 2:4
4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
What is He seeking?
Destruction of the people of Israel.....
Isaiah 28:15-19
15 You boast,“We have entered into a covenant with death,
with the realm of the dead we have made an agreement.
When an overwhelming scourge sweeps by,
it cannot touch us,
for we have made a lie our refuge
and falsehood our hiding place.”
16 So this is what the Sovereign Lord says:
“See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone,
a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation;
the one who relies on it
will never be stricken with panic.
17 I will make justice the measuring line
and righteousness the plumb line;
hail will sweep away your refuge, the lie,
and water will overflow your hiding place.
18 Your covenant with death will be annulled;
your agreement with the realm of the dead will not stand.
When the overwhelming scourge sweeps by,
you will be beaten down by it.
19 As often as it comes it will carry you away;
morning after morning, by day and by night,
it will sweep through.”
The understanding of this message
will bring sheer terror.
Truth

Peace

Hmmm. It probably would, with someone who was not at peace with God. That is if they saw themselves in league with Satan.

For those who have turned away from Satan, and hear him growl behind, soon are lifted as by angels to see what awaits them in heaven, Jesus Christ. To him be glory and honor forever and ever. Amen.

Peace
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#479255 Sep 30, 2013
Another change in official church teaching -- today the RCC teaches that Mary did not need a savior, as she was free of all sin.

This would have been considered heretical 1000 years ago.

It is clearly not Biblical - at least according to every Gospel.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#479256 Sep 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
Jeremiah 31:1-2
31 “At that time,” declares the Lord,“I will be the God of all the families of Israel, and they will be my people.”
2 This is what the Lord says:
“The people who survive the sword
will find <favor> in the wilderness;
I will come to give <<<rest to Israel.”>>>
Grace in the wilderness......
Give REST to Israel......
Truth

Peace

I very much believe this....

The question is, "Who are Israel?"

If we are grafted onto Israel as Christians, and much of the Jews have been removed as deadwood and burned, then as grafted branches, we too are in the wilderness and find REST in Jesus....

What we need to do is remain watchful and become as Jesus. Then we will not be removed and burned as deadwood or unproductive branches.

Keep your mind and heart on Jesus!

Peace
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#479257 Sep 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
MEN HAVE VISIONS OF JESUS ...
MANY MUSLEMS HAVE HAD VISIONS OF JESUS APPEARING TO THE OF LATE..
AND HAVE RESPONDED TO HIM BY REPENTING AND RECEIVING HIS AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR...
SEEMS STRANGE THAT HE (IN HIS APPEARANCE TO THEM) IS NOT DIRECTING THEM
TO BECOME A PART OF THE (so called) one true APOSTOLIC ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH,
ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY CLAIM TO HAVE THE MONOPOLY AND FRANCHISE TO THE
ACCESS OF THRONE ROOM OF GOD...
Confronting

Peace

I do not know much on such things. And generalizing the topic would be clumsy at best for me....

It would be a very difficult matter to go into such a topic here, as it seems words we read, are very different than what we intend to speak.

I generally speak little on spiritual matters on this forum, but more on beliefs which are related to one's thinking. Spiritual matters are more private, with one, or a few others....

Peace

#479258 Sep 30, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth
Peace
Hmmm. It probably would, with someone who was not at peace with God. That is if they saw themselves in league with Satan.
For those who have turned away from Satan, and hear him growl behind, soon are lifted as by angels to see what awaits them in heaven, Jesus Christ. To him be glory and honor forever and ever. Amen.
Peace
~~~

A REMNANT OF ISRAEL WILL BE SAVED.... AND ..THEY WILL NOT BE PART OF A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...

Zec 12:8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

NOTE--->
Zec 12:10 And--> I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications:

and THEY SHALL LOOK UPON ME WHOM THEY HAVE PIERCED...

they SHALL MOURN FOR HIM, as one mourneth for his only son, and

shall be in bitterness for him,

as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. <--

---

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

ISRAEL WILL RECEIVE JESUS (THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR) AS THEIR MESSIAH...
Clay

Detroit, MI

#479259 Sep 30, 2013
Gods R Delusions wrote:
Another change in official church teaching -- today the RCC teaches that Mary did not need a savior, as she was free of all sin.
This would have been considered heretical 1000 years ago.
It is clearly not Biblical - at least according to every Gospel.
That's not true. The Catholic Church has always taught and still teaches that Mary needed savior. Her saving came in a different way, at her conception. But she still needed God to save her first.
Let me ask you, why do you care what we believe? God is a not real according to you..
truth

Perth, Australia

#479260 Sep 30, 2013
I AM NOT BAREN WOMAN WHICH YOU PUT TRUST
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

don't used my name in vain

i don't trust law where believers in name of jesus christ are prosecuted
did you do that toward me and my family set up on most evil satanic wicket wauy..

my god died on CROSS INRI
my tears and suffering touch that
i am as i am enitire my life is some
i allready spill 1 liter blade tonight for palms be bless with that evil hurtfull law toward many innocent mothers on this planet earth sience fundation exist
i rezserve one liter under bad too..
be bless every drop sience earth recive first child walking trough this planet

i am still alive as i am
i see what i have to see
in this city nothing exist
i walk between dead body as they are
i walk as alive as i am today
no moon no stars no sun

serve your evil and evil law not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

amen
there is a no love
there is a no mercy
there is a not law
on INRI
promise about law not exist for righteousness people
not for me any more

n

#479261 Sep 30, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Confronting
Peace
I do not know much on such things. And generalizing the topic would be clumsy at best for me....
It would be a very difficult matter to go into such a topic here, as it seems words we read, are very different than what we intend to speak.
I generally speak little on spiritual matters on this forum, but more on beliefs which are related to one's thinking. Spiritual matters are more private, with one, or a few others....
Peace
~~~

ONE CANNOT DISASSOCIATE THE SPIRITUAL FROM THE PSYCHE..

Pro_23:7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:

We are a SPIRIT...

We live in a BODY...

We possess a Soul...

as a Born again Christian WE ARE REDEEMED...

But OUR BODIES HAVE NOT BEEN REDEEMED as yet..

(This accounts for THE WARFARE THAT RAGES BETWEEN OUR SPIRITS AND OUR FLESH .)

Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,

even

we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Rom 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Rom 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit/ HOLY GHOST also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:

but the Spirit/HOLY GHOST itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web