Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667942 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#479184 Sep 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What??@*#&%? what do you have against her beliefs, Preston?
you are really Clay
you glued to this topic like wild weeds to the dog tail?
trust me ?very soon you and your church devil grab to his resodence place-hell living room flaming chambers

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#479185 Sep 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What??@*#&%? what do you have against her beliefs, Preston?
same thing that even you catholics do.lol

we both spoke out against a belief that makes us unpopular

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#479186 Sep 29, 2013
You know,

If the belief you people have depends,on trying to convince me I did not learn what I clearly did ..
Calling me a,liar or putting words in my mouth ..I never said,

I feel sorry for you ...really .

If you all cannot accept that your Church has changed in the last sixty years,..despite evidence to the contrary ..That is,sad

Don't any of you have grand parents,..who were old CATHOLICS...

Older priests,who celebrated Mass in Latin ..

You really claiming 2000 years of NO CHANGES???

Very strange . And shallow,belief if it depends,on me being wrong ..
Clay

Detroit, MI

#479187 Sep 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
A six year old???
Jesus,said difference children to come to Me ..I believe. And good
thing ... His,word is unchanging ...unlike the words,of men or institutions,.
God keep you SERA,..And comfort you until you are,reunited
I really hate to say this, but I do not believe anything that comes from the mouths of a certain husband wife team. I've prayed with sincerity for a persons health before...but I just can't get pass some incidents though. I see deliberate attempts at deception and it bothers me. Approach with caution.
One of the reasons I'm Catholic is because I see the amount of deception it takes to debunk it. its gotta be the Church of Jesus Christ based on that alone.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479188 Sep 29, 2013
GOD BLESS YOU ALL THAT YOUR FAITH IN YOUR Lord
Be stronger Han your faith in your Church

Hat is how it should be

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#479189 Sep 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
How much does a Priest usually charge to pay a person out of (the fabled)
purgatory any way......
Merchandising in the souls of human beings...
~~~

What will be their accountability before GOD...

For lying about an invented place called Purgatory ...

A place that does not exist.

Making promises and deceiving people and charging them their hard

earned money bilking money from them in a ruthless con game...

It rates right up there with the 72 virgins the Muslims...

claim that awaits them...

Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or

maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev_22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and

whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479190 Sep 29, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I read your link and that was dated 2007. So that means up until 2007 there was a limbo then.So rose is correct.After 2007 the catholic church did away with it. That's what this link says...correct?
That's how it reads to me. I just don't get the whole idea of limbo.
Clay

Detroit, MI

#479191 Sep 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say dogma,..I was taught limbo as,a,young Catholic student .
Not how the belief was qualified ..
Dogma can't be changed. Limbo isn't Dogma.

700 yrs ago, students were taught that the world was flat, the Catholic Church needed to change what they were teaching about it because .... well, new info arrived that showed the earth wasn't flat. it was round. Mankinds intellectual capacity forces us to consider things we thought were once true. That's ok Rose. Humans are a work in progress. Church dogma however, can never be changed no matter what is brought forth because the dogma is revealed from God.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479192 Sep 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know exactly what you believe. that's part of the mess of Protestantism and 'evangelicalism'.
I guess I assumed you'd think everyone on earth who is not born again- according to the criteria of the mega church pastors- are headed to hell. this would include most of the world as we know it...basically, we are all headed to hell except for the folks in the compound who did the alter call and became born again.
Oldjg is in charge of pamphlet distribution and the spaghetti dinner on Fri nights at the compound.
What I was saying though, is Limbo pales in comparison to what you guys teach what awaits me and my Catholic family when we die.
I HAve,never said or implied any such thing ..
You guys ..some of you think.no.o be is,saved without your priests .

I even asked ..what about the people in a,persecuted country ..who
have faith from reading a bible fragment they share in an underground CHURCH ..no priest ...no Eucharist ..yet try live JESUS amidst persecution..

I keep saying ..it's one on one with our LORD AND SAVIOUR ..

I do not go to a megachurch....our church was,so small we shred space with other churches,..

I font like crowds,..wealth ministries ..AND I'VE SAID ALL THIS MANY TIMES ..
truth

Perth, Australia

#479193 Sep 29, 2013
Do you liked so.up from tripica=stomach?

O ge trip.ic a t.rip ic a
see

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24321717

you can't control nothing

ice ice vuice vice ijsca ajsa baysa aj cha
lemon brandy and tea
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24321717

https://www.google.com.au/search...

kako mi je lipo ko u raju
u tvom zagrljaju
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#479194 Sep 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say dogma,..I was taught limbo as,a,young Catholic student .
Not how the belief was qualified ..
WHen you say the church changes all kinds of infallible teachings sarcastically. I said I dont believe you know the difference between an opinion and Dogma. I never said Limbo was never taught and neither did anyone else. The early church is abundant in opinions including James disciples who were teaching that circumcision wsa necessary. The Council in Jersusalem decided the matter just as church councils have on other matters that came up and a council became necessary. There are things that are open for discussion. The opinion of a priest or laity is not the official teaching of the Majesterium or council. Certain disciplines were also decided there and they were lifted later. Yet if the church loosens a discipline such as calling for a fast it somehow means a changing of an infallible decree. For example if the church decided priests could marry again it would not be an issue but I can see the headlines. Infallible POPE Says Past Infallible Popes were Wrong and preists can Marry now. lol

Saints in the church argued many positions. The books of the bible itself were argued and still are by some Prtestants. I am not talking about the books you refer to as aprocrypha either. However some argue you should be adding gnositic gospels. SOme say that Pauls writings arent really scrpture. The church doesnt claim to know that you must believe anything about revelation. Its debated. Knowledge will increase in the last days and the wheat will always be mixed in with the tares. Work out your salvation in fear and trembling.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479195 Sep 29, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how it reads to me. I just don't get the whole idea of limbo.
I thought it was scary as a,kid ..was grateful I had Bene baptized .
And at an older age were old in an emergency any one CATHOLic could try to baptize a,baby..like a nurse,after a,baby was,born and dying ..IF NO PRIEST AROUND..

But Now I know,Jesus took sin ; the Cross not laying it on babies who cannot pay for it
.NO HUMAN can ..He already did ..
Clay

Detroit, MI

#479196 Sep 29, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>same thing that even you catholics do.lol
we both spoke out against a belief that makes us unpopular
it wouldn't be right to be a part of Christ and also be considered popular. lol.
seriously, to follow Jesus in my opinion, also means we need to prepare to be hated. I know we all bicker on here, but if we all claim to follow the Lord, then we all will be rejected just like Him. its happening now in this country. It doesn't matter if you're Catholic or Protestant. They'll reject us just because we follow the Lord. Secularism is really starting to take root and it doesn't look good for the future Christians. They will not care which one of us believes in the assumption of Mary. We will be thrown in the same category for following Jesus Christ.

"I expect to die in a hospital bed; my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square"
Archbishop of Chicago in a speech last year.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#479197 Sep 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I really hate to say this, but I do not believe anything that comes from the mouths of a certain husband wife team. I've prayed with sincerity for a persons health before...but I just can't get pass some incidents though. I see deliberate attempts at deception and it bothers me. Approach with caution.
One of the reasons I'm Catholic is because I see the amount of deception it takes to debunk it. its gotta be the Church of Jesus Christ based on that alone.
How dare you!!! You calling me a liar now? My daughter died oct 23 1980 her birthday was oct 1 1974....we lived in military housing and she died from cancer. My neighbor was a phillipino woman married to a tech sargent in the air force...the base was Keesler afb....she is buried va cemetery in Bilioxi ms....now you want the name???? You are without doubt a soulless person.I find that all you catholics here are souless and have no heart,as you claim to have,.Get this one thing clear clay...I do not lie!!! And I refuse to lie and my daughter is the reason why!!!! Wanna talk about deception?????? YOU HAVE DONE YOUR FAIR SHARE OF IT ALSO.I BET YOUR PROUD OF YOURSELF!!!! What a great example you are of Christian compassion...All of you here share the same DNA when it comes to personal attacks and for that reason alone you will never slide anyone on this forum over to your faith.....YOU ASS...(now, is that a mule,donkey,or something else) pick one they all fit you!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479198 Sep 29, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
WHen you say the church changes all kinds of infallible teachings sarcastically. I said I dont believe you know the difference between an opinion and Dogma. I never said Limbo was never taught and neither did anyone else. The early church is abundant in opinions including James disciples who were teaching that circumcision wsa necessary. The Council in Jersusalem decided the matter just as church councils have on other matters that came up and a council became necessary. There are things that are open for discussion. The opinion of a priest or laity is not the official teaching of the Majesterium or council. Certain disciplines were also decided there and they were lifted later. Yet if the church loosens a discipline such as calling for a fast it somehow means a changing of an infallible decree. For example if the church decided priests could marry again it would not be an issue but I can see the headlines. Infallible POPE Says Past Infallible Popes were Wrong and preists can Marry now. lol
Saints in the church argued many positions. The books of the bible itself were argued and still are by some Prtestants. I am not talking about the books you refer to as aprocrypha either. However some argue you should be adding gnositic gospels. SOme say that Pauls writings arent really scrpture. The church doesnt claim to know that you must believe anything about revelation. Its debated. Knowledge will increase in the last days and the wheat will always be mixed in with the tares. Work out your salvation in fear and trembling.
One more time ..I learned it school. CATHOLIC SCHOOL ..And I was,told if I say that and other things,I did not go to Catholic SCHOOL ..
And was,lying about it

They have changed a,lot ..what the,changed doctrines,were called I have no clue,
.I learned them. Was,taught them ..by nuns,..And priests,..mostly nuns,as it was an all girls,school ..

Period ...that's,what I said,
What I meant ..I do not lie and resent being labelled as,one ..

Peace,..
Patriot

Brighton, CO

#479200 Sep 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Ok it's,a,bit quiet ..Thank God .
I'd really like to know, from others,..And,since this has,not happened ...it's,interpretation ..
Who is the woman in Revelation .12 I thought either
ISRAEL or Mary
WOUld be answers given
There is probably reasons for both beliefs,
----

"A great sign appeared in heaven..." The woman and the dragon are symbols. The woman represents the bride of Christ and the great red dragon represents Lucifer/Satan. The sun and the moon are used in this prophecy as cosmic props because this scene contains concepts that have their origin in Heaven. The woman is clothed with brilliance as bright as the sun, indicating her wedding garment represents the righteousness and purity of Christ Jesus http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/1-30.htm , http://biblehub.com/romans/13-14.htm . Her stephanos (crown) signifies the victory that comes through faith in Christ and the twelve stars represent the twelve tribes of Israel http://biblehub.com/galatians/3-29.htm . Contrary to what many people believe, she does not represent Mary, the mother of Jesus. She represents GOD'S people, His true church from Eden lost to Eden restored. According to GOD'S promise, Jesus came through the offspring of Abraham at the appointed time. At the appointed time, Jesus will return to Earth and all of GOD'S people will be united with the Lamb at a great wedding banquet in Heaven http://biblehub.com/revelation/19-9.htm . The wedding of the Lamb and His church will occur at the Second Coming. The moon under the bride’s feet is a faithful witness of GOD'S promise. She stands on a promise that has no end: "If you will be My people, I will be your GOD." GOD describes His people - see last half of vs 17 "...those who keep GOD'S Commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus." & http://biblehub.com/revelation/14-12.htm .
truth

Perth, Australia

#479202 Sep 29, 2013
Do you liked soup from tripice?

Shame on you you can't wrote!!!

E..neces=no its not nice put critic over mental person ja how mental can serve as smart with your document as accuser.
Shame on you.

You liked send me on school.
What a shame?

Writting!!!
allways choose small letters
never sit in first chair
never to be to much smart or first its mean last
z is last 26 letter
on 26 words as last is not stay what i drove today its deference secret..its total destruction
now you are mr or mrs turpija=its mecanic tafe degree for wood and metal industrial degree
so what so ease see see symbol of innovation
nothing to do with others people mind
i try find out conection trough what people who can very easy but not notice as others expert think coming trough..

don't be winker better thinker
than'ks god i am quick thinker

http://biblehub.com/proverbs/10-10.htm

ruin who
turpijada= rezbariti
turpijati
as tiny crafty things

its mean trough craft
i i have 3 symbol front of me

thanks God I am quick thinker
i can transform trough any words so ever see around into reality as result find out about what others try be very smart or sneaky against someone or something..

shut up
shame on you
i told you your law is not my law
as never beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
what a about that
no boder

its mean word 'infinite'
inci finci spider
ha ha ha
fincidavinci codo bodo
now combodjo

Are you going in combodje?
see symbol hydrogen and symbol of cambodge

shut up evel people its second words

secunda
sekundacho

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ona duga kazaljka
duga linija 4 speed as wind as india altar 3000 years ago

shut up
evil people djindjuvije candrlineeeeeee
cylindar

cylinder projection

o dodji stari vraze ajde tamo di te traze marshhhhh you know where
evil
shame on you
now you are kupusijada
color green=kupus circle of kupe game
shu up

i talk to much not to talk like this
nooooo my love

so ewhat

Why others thinkers better. mod

ohhhhhhhhhh
evilllllllllllllll
shut up

neko ko ima ukoso prste
pr 19;20
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479203 Sep 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
it wouldn't be right to be a part of Christ and also be considered popular. lol.
seriously, to follow Jesus in my opinion, also means we need to prepare to be hated. I know we all bicker on here, but if we all claim to follow the Lord, then we all will be rejected just like Him. its happening now in this country. It doesn't matter if you're Catholic or Protestant. They'll reject us just because we follow the Lord. Secularism is really starting to take root and it doesn't look good for the future Christians. They will not care which one of us believes in the assumption of Mary. We will be thrown in the same category for following Jesus Christ.
"I expect to die in a hospital bed; my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square"
Archbishop of Chicago in a speech last year.
Didn't I say that last week or so

they hate,us,all ..making enemies,of fellow believers,does,nit bode well for US ...we do their work for THEM...

I don't hate Catholics ..my family is..some friends,..I DON'T LIE ..
I HAVE SAID..believers,will be saved regardless,of denomination ..

Your People here,. Some of them .have to say if I used them as,a,ruler ..I would never think of entering a CATHOLic Church ..
Let alone praying in one ..And that's,sad

Luckily for me I know,real life CATHOLics,.I have

Tried to actually pray we COUKD discuss,GOD,not Church ..But it's Bern all day saying I've Saud things,I didn't or telling me,I never learned
What I learned .

That boat they want to put us,all in ...our denomination will not matter I agree ..

Keep trying to pray for less,dissension ..maybe we need mire voices,praying together as,He toLD US ..

Just a,suggestion ..
truth

Perth, Australia

#479204 Sep 29, 2013

United States

#479205 Sep 29, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
Well there you go Hojo
Study and get back to me I can give you online links to all the early church fathers books in the above post.
But the argument is sound you are wrong.
-
-
Clay wrote:
You forgot the list Jesus left us for our Bible. You don't happen to have one do you?
-
-
If Catholics held to The Word of God, they could not justify going against The Word of God (as they have done throughout their history) starting from day one and then being made perfectly manifest during the Inquisition. Torture and Murder is no part of the Christian Church and never has been. Therefore: the RCC cannot POSSIBLY be The One True Christian Church.
-
Torture and Murder is no part of the Christian Church and never has been. Why can you NOT understand this?
-
Please, Clay, SHOW US your LIST.
Then WE will show you the very long list of atrocities committed by the Catholic Church - proof that is is NOT the True Church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 5 hr Holy Guacamole 363
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Married in 10,389
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web