Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683532 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#479146 Sep 29, 2013
OldJG wrote:
yes it is JG!! How low can you go!!! lol
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#479147 Sep 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you BELieve it's,Israel ..???
That's how you read it ..
Thanks,..
RoSesz

Peace

That is what he wants to believe.
And he preaches what he want to see.

He is wrong.

Peace

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#479148 Sep 29, 2013
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church has historically taught that embryos, fetuses, or infants that die before being baptized may suffer one of two fates in the afterlife:
1. Because they suffer from original sin, they will end up being tortured in Hell for all eternity. On the bright side, many church theologians suggest that they might suffer a lighter degree of pain than adults who died in mortal sin. However, their punishment will still be infinite in nature because it will last forever without any hope of cessation.
2. Because they suffer from original sin but not from any sin that they have personally committed, they will spend eternity in Limbo -- a pleasant place where they will never mature into adulthood.
In recent decades, some Catholic theologians have departed from the Church's traditional position and suggested that unbaptized infants, etc. may somehow attain salvation and thus be accepted into Heaven.
The current Catechism states that there is a possibility that this might happen. A document issued by the Church's International Theological Commission and approved by Pope Paul XVI states that there are "... serious theological and liturgical grounds" for hope in their eventual salvation.
The Roman Catholic church's position on Limbo seems to remain in limbo.
In the fifties they taught LIMBO

Location hidden

#479149 Sep 29, 2013
OldJG wrote:
I read your link and that was dated 2007. So that means up until 2007 there was a limbo then.So rose is correct.After 2007 the catholic church did away with it. That's what this link says...correct?

Location hidden

#479150 Sep 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
read the link that he posted Rose..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479151 Sep 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
Peace
The family of Jesus fled to Egypt shortly after his birth.
Egypt had a wilderness, most know it as the Sinai.
The woman fled to the wilderness in the Book of the Revelation Chapter 12.
The woman is Mary. As Jesus calls her woman elsewhere in the Gospels....
Very simple.
Peace
You need to refer back to Joseph's dreams....

Gen. Chapter 37

Nation of Israel....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#479152 Sep 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
Peace
The family of Jesus fled to Egypt shortly after his birth.
Egypt had a wilderness, most know it as the Sinai.
The woman fled to the wilderness in the Book of the Revelation Chapter 12.
The woman is Mary. As Jesus calls her woman elsewhere in the Gospels....
Very simple.
Peace
Extra-biblical accounts[edit]

Russian icon of the Flight into Egypt; the bottom section shows the idols of Egypt miraculously falling down before Jesus and being smashed (17th century).
Matthew's account is the only biblical reference to this flight, although there are many traditions about it reported in the New Testament apocrypha. These later works have a number of miraculous stories occurring on the voyage, with, for example, palm trees bowing before the infant Jesus, the beasts of the desert paying him homage, and an encounter with the two thieves that would later be crucified alongside Jesus.[1]

In these later tales the family is joined by Salome as Jesus' nurse. Matthew gives little detail about Jesus' family's time in Egypt, but there are a number of apocryphal tales filling in this period. These stories of the time in Egypt have been especially important to the Coptic Church, which is based in Egypt.

Throughout Egypt there are a number of churches and shrines that claim to mark an area where the family stayed. The most important of these is the church of Abu Serghis that claims to be built on the place the family had its home.

the church of Abu Serghis is in Cairo, Egypt.

which is not in Sinai, stupid.

If they had stayed in Sinai, God would have said so and in language that even a doofus like you Robert could understand.

the "woman" is Israel.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479153 Sep 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
Peace
He is wrong.
Peace
No, Preston is not wrong....

It is the Nation of Israel....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479154 Sep 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
Peace
He is wrong.
Peace
The Nation of Israel is God's prophetic sign to history.

Israel was to be a light unto the Gentiles.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#479155 Sep 29, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>again, I want to apologize to you Hank. my mind was on the ignorance of Robert and I didn't look very close at your nick. Sorry.
but in this instance, this "woman" is not the church since the church Never birthed Jesus and we know tat jesus Birthed the church not vice versa.
here is the Correct version and scenario of this vision.
Revelation 12 - The Woman, the Child, and the Dragon
A. The woman.
1.(1) The woman is described in celestial images.
Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars.
a. Now a great sign appeared: This is the first of seven signs that John relates, and is described as a great sign (mega semeion). In Revelation chapters 12, 13, and 14 the main figures of the Great Tribulation are described, and this great sign introduces the first of the seven:
The woman, representing Israel
The dragon, representing Satan
The man-child, referring to Jesus
The angel Michael, head of the angelic host
The offspring of the woman, representing Gentiles who come to faith in the Tribulation
The beast out of the sea, representing the antichrist
The beast out of the earth, representing the false prophet who promotes the antichrist
b. A woman clothed with the sun: Because John plainly says this is a sign, we dont expect this woman to appear literally on the earth. God will use this sign to communicate something to John and to us. Women often represent religious systems in Revelation.
http://www.enduringword.com/commentaries/6612...
I agree with you

The man-child, referring to Jesus I believe that the Church, the body of Christ is included with Jesus...

Location hidden

#479156 Sep 29, 2013
According to the Jewish tradition the peninsula was crossed by the Israelites during The Exodus

[from Egypt] as detailed in the Hebrew Bible. This included numerous halts over a 40 year period of travel in AM 2448 (1313 BCE) in the Jewish tradition. However, there has not been found any archaeological evidence for large scale nomadic wanderings from that time period.

looks like the Bible didn't correlate Sinai belonging to or being part of Egypt when they LEFT Egypt.

you lose Robert.LOL AGAIN!!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479157 Sep 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
Peace
He is wrong.
Peace
Isaiah 42:6

6 I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness;
I will take hold of your hand.
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the Gentiles,
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479158 Sep 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Preston is not wrong....
It is the Nation of Israel....
For the person who disagrees with me.....

Isaiah 49:6

6 he says:
It is too small a thing for you to be my servant
to restore the tribes of Jacob
and bring back those of Israel I have kept.
I will also make you a light for the Gentiles,
that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479160 Sep 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
Peace
He is wrong.
Peace
Acts 13:46-48

46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly:We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us:

I have made you (NATION OF ISREAL) a light for the Gentiles,
that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.

48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

Location hidden

#479161 Sep 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Remnant ..144000 marked and those,Jews saved by belief in Messiah???
Aren't they part of the birth??
again, this is part of future Prophecy and can lead to some problems with different opinions as we now see concerning this "woman".

My opinion and anyone can disagree and provide Biblical proof is they so choose.

there will be TWO witnesses(and no I don't believe it will be Enoch, Elijah, Moses or any other Biblical character.

It will be TWO men that are left behind after the Rapture occurs, they will Preach in Israel and those 144,000 will hear and believe, and Preach to the jewish people after those two men are killed.

after that, Israel(the woman) will flee into the wilderness,many believing it to be in the area of Petra, when she is attacked from all sides by the arab states.

That is how I see it and how this "woman" is shown to be a sign, as it is given to us in that Book.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#479162 Sep 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Their inventions usually are for bilking money from their congregants..

example is selling indulgences, charging for high mass and other things that have no biblical basis...

It's a wonder that they haven't started selling special mansions in heaven
beings they claim to be the sole landlord.

Guess Limbo just didn't fly...

Location hidden

#479163 Sep 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
Peace
He is wrong.
Peace
I have been on here for many years. lets see you prove that I am wrong.

a simple thing if you are correct.LOL

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#479164 Sep 29, 2013
You can always count on Topix each day for a good stoning.Its better than a Greek village.First a person is caught in the crosshairs. The victim tries to explain themselves but the persecutors are impatient. They toy with the victim's feelings for a while and then....... The stones are flasiled, from the left,from the right. Then you have the lurkers in the bullpen waiting their turn.

Location hidden

#479165 Sep 29, 2013
Robert.

since you know NOTHING about Preaching.

let me be very clear to you.

A PREACHER PREACHES WHAT GOD GIVES THEM,

not what they see as you proclaim(And he preaches what he want to see.)

you, to me, are a pseudo intellect. you think that you are more intelligent than others on this forum, but I can assure you that YOU ARE NOT.

Location hidden

#479166 Sep 29, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Hate to break it to ya, but there aren't too many latin masses around. http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregatio... So, you are in your middle to late seventies?
Really??? Why is that???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... 23 hr Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Wed Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
News Pope Francis says 2,000 sex abuse cases backlog... Jul 10 Samoht 7
More from around the web