Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699596 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#479000 Sep 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks RoSesz for your questions I am "very thankful" for being brought up in a "bible only" believing" Church, studying Sacred Scripture at Bible School, at a Christian University and in a pre-theological University seminary.... All were grounded in the Bible with University study offering an extensive research and study of 1500 years of Apostolic Church History, Apologistic authors and writers,and the biographical lives of the Saints prior to the Reformation. Yes--I had the faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ as a bible only Protestant, however what I experienced as Sola Scriptura Protestant teaching is "about as shallow", "superfluous" and is as SUPERFICIAL as it gets..... At best, it is "half-truth Christianity", riddled with condemnation and adverse judgment against the faith and salvation of "other Christians" especially Catholics.....The FULLNESS of the FAITH, The FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of Gods GRACE was "definitely missing" in my bible only Protestant Church. In addition the REAL TRUTH of the Gospel was "notably absent",until I spent 3 years extensively studying the Historical and Biblical TRUTH that was "rejected" at the Protestant Reformation, beginning with Luther!! The TRUE Catholic Church initiated by Jesus HIMSELF, the TRUE Catholic Christian Faith, with Daily Mass and the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE BODY AND BLOOD) has, for over 2000 years, been grounded and manifested in the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS SAVING GRACE, began to opened up (for me) a Spiritual life of NEW FAITH, of REAL TRUTH and DAILY GROWTH in the Spirit of Jesus Christ, each day, at DAILY MASS, and the Eucharist........ The WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE, is in Jesus Christ HIMSELF, which has, is and will ALWAYS be manifested in HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church...... I pray (RoSesz) that Our Lord, will "runited you" back to the TRUE FAITH in Jesus Christ and His Apostolic Catholic Church!!
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

This is the question I asked...the one you have avoided answering...because it reveals the Truth...

Quote: Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!!

How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#479001 Sep 28, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose is about the only one here that is NOT VILE. She has a purer heart than you do Mr. Magoo. Just because you Catholic's don't like what she post you call her vile...get a grip on realty. there are tons of people in this world that dislike your church and for a reason...
Thanks,Nick

This has been going on for a,long time,...just thought it

had stopped AND I WAS HAPPY FOR HER that she,,was,posting without insulting ..oh well

And I had real peace today ...praying ..And tat woman has,to start calling me a,liar ..again.

..along with another one .

Why on earth would,anyone lie about going o Catholic school in the fifties,or,when I signed up for topix

Maybe I know first hand EHAT they USED TO TEACH ..Why is,that so threatening ..they say I lie ..I know exactly what they taught and she their old CATECHISM link for proof ..

Sorry ..I better pray ..And be forgiving ..this,is nuts,on A Christian forum ..

Came to me,even if we talk for a hundred years,. Nothing will change,about our Churches,...so was not going to talk Catholics for a,while ...

May be,we could learn something ...etc as my prayer said....about our beliefs, on Revelation or something ..

Sorry Nick ..have to get calm....

God bless you both

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#479002 Sep 28, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And from what I've seen you and Seri both need to share some of that love Jesus showed you to Regina.
I really do sometimes think you two are fake Christians!
----
That's fine. Just please dont ask me to take time to respond to your posts to me again.I read you wrong. I thouhgt we had a fairly good computer relationship. Please go in peace and do not post to me anymore.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479003 Sep 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks RoSesz for your questions I am "very thankful" for being brought up in a "bible only" believing" Church, studying Sacred Scripture at Bible School, at a Christian University and in a pre-theological University seminary.... All were grounded in the Bible with University study offering an extensive research and study of 1500 years of Apostolic Church History, Apologistic authors and writers,and the biographical lives of the Saints prior to the Reformation. Yes--I had the faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ as a bible only Protestant, however what I experienced as Sola Scriptura Protestant teaching is "about as shallow", "superfluous" and is as SUPERFICIAL as it gets..... At best, it is "half-truth Christianity", riddled with condemnation and adverse judgment against the faith and salvation of "other Christians" especially Catholics.....The FULLNESS of the FAITH, The FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of Gods GRACE was "definitely missing" in my bible only Protestant Church. In addition the REAL TRUTH of the Gospel was "notably absent",until I spent 3 years extensively studying the Historical and Biblical TRUTH that was "rejected" at the Protestant Reformation, beginning with Luther!! The TRUE Catholic Church initiated by Jesus HIMSELF, the TRUE Catholic Christian Faith, with Daily Mass and the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE BODY AND BLOOD) has, for over 2000 years, been grounded and manifested in the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS SAVING GRACE, began to opened up (for me) a Spiritual life of NEW FAITH, of REAL TRUTH and DAILY GROWTH in the Spirit of Jesus Christ, each day, at DAILY MASS, and the Eucharist........ The WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE, is in Jesus Christ HIMSELF, which has, is and will ALWAYS be manifested in HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church...... I pray (RoSesz) that Our Lord, will "runited you" back to the TRUE FAITH in Jesus Christ and His Apostolic Catholic Church!!
My experience was different ..learned a lot ..memorized a,lot ..wanted to be like the little flower or a teaching nun like my favorite teacher ..
I'm not blaming 'THe,CHURCH FOR my leaving .

I wasn't a,part really of any Church for years,.

But thank God through His,Spirit I was drawn. not to a religion. By to true,Faith in Jesus,Christ ...being born Again in he,Spirit ..

GOD,BLESS YOU and yours

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#479004 Sep 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,Nick
This has been going on for a,long time,...just thought it
had stopped AND I WAS HAPPY FOR HER that she,,was,posting without insulting ..oh well
And I had real peace today ...praying ..And tat woman has,to start calling me a,liar ..again.
..along with another one .
Why on earth would,anyone lie about going o Catholic school in the fifties,or,when I signed up for topix
Maybe I know first hand EHAT they USED TO TEACH ..Why is,that so threatening ..they say I lie ..I know exactly what they taught and she their old CATECHISM link for proof ..
Sorry ..I better pray ..And be forgiving ..this,is nuts,on A Christian forum ..
Came to me,even if we talk for a hundred years,. Nothing will change,about our Churches,...so was not going to talk Catholics for a,while ...
May be,we could learn something ...etc as my prayer said....about our beliefs, on Revelation or something ..
Sorry Nick ..have to get calm....
God bless you both
When I was a kid the neighbor girl was my sister and my best friend. She attended St Genovese Church and School.We spent our childhoods together until our teen years. She told us all about what she learned about limbo in Cath school.I remember that particularly because it scared me as a kid. Other things you say ring a bell as well.What they are trying to do with you is what the Cath Church has tried to do with their history-its called revisionism.You know your own experience and you owe them nada.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#479005 Sep 28, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to play holier-than-thou with me. It's doesn't suit you. After all, according to your wife, they were participating in an abortion of the truth. Yet, somehow we're the "evil" ones. Yeah, sure, tell us another one. Wipe your mouths, your fangs are dripping all over board.
hey Regina please settle down, no one is without blame here so forgive and move forward with love already. Blessings

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479006 Sep 28, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And from what I've seen you and Seri both need to share some of that love Jesus showed you to Regina.
I really do sometimes think you two are fake Christians!
Marge ..there is more to this than we,know ..

I suggested,Regina,get a,sign in ..so they could PM...

But have to say I find both SERA,and,Nick to be truly Christian people ..

Not once have they out our Faith in Jesus,down ..And,I have,felt much live if God and eAch other from both ..through all their trials,.

Just saying

Just sometimes,temperS,,get away from us ..I CAN RELATE .

it's,a horrible feeling ..being insulted ..

And,sorry but that post about being happy about Catholics,being killed was,totally uncalled for

Not one person here wishes,bad things on Catholic people
marge

Leesburg, GA

#479007 Sep 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>----
That's fine. Just please dont ask me to take time to respond to your posts to me again.I read you wrong. I thouhgt we had a fairly good computer relationship. Please go in peace and do not post to me anymore.
Your baby Christians at best Hermi, love you enemies remember.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479008 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>When I was a kid the neighbor girl was my sister and my best friend. She attended St Genovese Church and School.We spent our childhoods together until our teen years. She told us all about what she learned about limbo in Cath school.I remember that particularly because it scared me as a kid. Other things you say ring a bell as well.What they are trying to do with you is what the Cath Church has tried to do with their history-its called revisionism.You know your own experience and you owe them nada.
I went to an all girls boarding school.She to say 're nuns were tough but loving to us ..

But I know,what I learned,Limbo was,one thing I remember ..for sure,.

Oh well ..I just hate such personal unnecessary animosity ...

Again God bless you both

By the way I had another question in PM
Thanks,for your patience .

Really must go to bed Lol ..
marge

Leesburg, GA

#479009 Sep 28, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for that last remark....
Grow up and make up with Regina, your fighting is cruel with each other and completely without JESUS.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#479010 Sep 28, 2013
And yet you pray to the same Mary!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#479011 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>It seems. reading between the lines, that you are hot about trying to get someone into trouble. You are broadcasting your moves in advance.Its called a "tell"
And you want us to believe God gave you the gift to 'help' Regina?

after she gave you a 'tell', wow.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#479012 Sep 28, 2013
marge wrote:
And yet you pray to the same Mary!
And what does that have to do with someone that attacks me. don't tell me to grow up.Tell the other person that personal attacks me and nick and YOU.You wont have to worry in the future. No reply to her post will come from Nick or myself....

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#479013 Sep 28, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your baby Christians at best Hermi, love you enemies remember.
thanks for judging us....
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#479014 Sep 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>

Protestants do that all the time here, on Catholic answers and all over the internet. Sister Mary Ann Colins never existed yet Protestants quote from this so called former Nun which noone knows. lol Phony Bishops and priests from Jack Chick publications. Oh...The Inquistions some big doozies on that but the usually very anti-catholic BBC did clear up alot of those massive distortions in a short 60 minute film showing the legend and the myths backed by experts who actually reviewed the archives where its all meticulously documented. Further the distortions of what is believed. I said many times if you want to know ask the church or get it from the church.

I have never said you were not once Catholic. However you do demonstrate that you lack understanding of many things. One can go through the motions and never really seek or delve into any faith for a daeper understanding. You often get what you put into something. The link you posted was for a site where anyone could participate in adding almost like a wiki site. However you probably had a Baltimore Catechism. Those can be obtained with cross reference to the scriptures. A protestant bible study book often contains notations of someones interpretation. Anglicans and Lutherans also have catechisms and the scirpture is read in mass and the mass itself is very sciptural. As the Militant Anti-Catholic Scott Hahn said, "The first time I saw a mass I wanted to scream to everyone do you know where that is in scripture? It came to life for him. For hundreds of years it was not a reality where everyone could sit around with a bible and read scriptures and debate with each other what it means. They learned by hearing. Still 1/2 the world cannot read, but its for everyone.

As I told you with no reply you asert things and demand that is what the church teaches. You were explained the term Roman Catholic yet you insist that is what all the rites be called, despite its not in any vatican documents. The title of the thread as even a priest who ventured in here for a short period said is clearly wrong. Limbo was never a doctrine. It was a theological debate. There are doctrines, disciplines, dogmas and theologium. There are areas that are open for debate. As I said nobody wants to believe their child would go to hell, but the bible doesnt say they will go to heaven. So we live it in the hands of a just and merciful God. Where you agitate is when you make sarcastic statements like the infallible church changes alot of things, or when you gobble up an anti-catholic pamphlet and further insult with it and when you buy into half truth arguments without doing checking. You are more interested in defending Bill Oreily then checking anything factual about what was said. Yet you say that you pray for the truth and then you take no action at all to click on a link that refutes what was said. You demand that we accept your perception of what the church tuaght and yet you exhibity lack of knowledge. There is nothing being revised. You were quick to basically demand that the church teaches we must believe evolution and go on insulting rants. I explained you didnt bother to respond. It contained no insult. When you join with those who say Catholics are not Christians and say nothing, but quckly accept what they say along with the many insults you can expect a little ire as you reaped it. If you really want to learn more and undestand the faith with a greater understanding then go to Catholic Answers where if you can speak in charity you can discuss and get answers.

Maybe I know first hand EHAT they USED TO TEACH ..Why is,that so threatening ..they say I lie. This is the kind of comment that is very sarcastic and arrogant whether you realize it or not.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#479015 Sep 29, 2013
Rosez

"Why on earth would,anyone lie about going o Catholic school in the fifties,or,when I signed up for topix"

Protestants do that all the time here, on Catholic answers and all over the internet. Sister Mary Ann Colins never existed yet Protestants quote from this so called former Nun which noone knows. lol Phony Bishops and priests from Jack Chick publications. Oh...The Inquistions some big doozies on that but the usually very anti-catholic BBC did clear up alot of those massive distortions in a short 60 minute film showing the legend and the myths backed by experts who actually reviewed the archives where its all meticulously documented. Further the distortions of what is believed. I said many times if you want to know ask the church or get it from the church.

I have never said you were not once Catholic. However you do demonstrate that you lack understanding of many things. One can go through the motions and never really seek or delve into any faith for a daeper understanding. You often get what you put into something. The link you posted was for a site where anyone could participate in adding almost like a wiki site. However you probably had a Baltimore Catechism. Those can be obtained with cross reference to the scriptures. A protestant bible study book often contains notations of someones interpretation. Anglicans and Lutherans also have catechisms and the scirpture is read in mass and the mass itself is very sciptural. As the Militant Anti-Catholic Scott Hahn said, "The first time I saw a mass I wanted to scream to everyone do you know where that is in scripture? It came to life for him. For hundreds of years it was not a reality where everyone could sit around with a bible and read scriptures and debate with each other what it means. They learned by hearing. Still 1/2 the world cannot read, but its for everyone.

As I told you with no reply you asert things and demand that is what the church teaches. You were explained the term Roman Catholic yet you insist that is what all the rites be called, despite its not in any vatican documents. The title of the thread as even a priest who ventured in here for a short period said is clearly wrong. Limbo was never a doctrine. It was a theological debate. There are doctrines, disciplines, dogmas and theologium. There are areas that are open for debate. As I said nobody wants to believe their child would go to hell, but the bible doesnt say they will go to heaven. So we live it in the hands of a just and merciful God. Where you agitate is when you make sarcastic statements like the infallible church changes alot of things, or when you gobble up an anti-catholic pamphlet and further insult with it and when you buy into half truth arguments without doing checking. You are more interested in defending Bill Oreily then checking anything factual about what was said. Yet you say that you pray for the truth and then you take no action at all to click on a link that refutes what was said. You demand that we accept your perception of what the church tuaght and yet you exhibity lack of knowledge. There is nothing being revised. You were quick to basically demand that the church teaches we must believe evolution and go on insulting rants. I explained you didnt bother to respond. It contained no insult. When you join with those who say Catholics are not Christians and say nothing, but quckly accept what they say along with the many insults you can expect a little ire as you reaped it. If you really want to learn more and undestand the faith with a greater understanding then go to Catholic Answers where if you can speak in charity you can discuss and get answers.

Maybe I know first hand EHAT they USED TO TEACH ..Why is,that so threatening ..they say I lie. This is the kind of comment that is very sarcastic and arrogant whether you realize it or not.
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#479016 Sep 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe my 11 yr old autistic child could teach you that the Earth is millions of yrs old.(seriously, the kid is smart when it comes to science). You throw out all credibility when you set aside reason, logic and scientific fact, while holding on to the invention called 'Sola Scripture". Scientific fact proves that you guys are approaching the Bible wrong.
The message the authors of the Bible were conveying came directly from God. But they still used language and culture from their own time period and God certainly didn't whisper every little grammar and punctuation mark in their ear.
Hey dumbie Jesus does not lie, Adam and Eve were real 7000 years ago plus or minus, Science has debunked Macro Evolution.

Nobody knows How long Adam Eve were in the Garden before the curse of death came upon them if the earth is old apparently for some time remember time was not measured until after the fall by Men as we did not age until the curse and death entered the world.

Yea of little faith.

However they say the earth is old because of Macro Evolution that is false each unproved theory is used to prove the other, its like your RCC assertions. Its all circular reasoning.
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#479017 Sep 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Essenes had Tobit and Sirach in their collection, what do you mean it doesn't mitigate against your belief? Protestants argue that there was an established Jewish canon of scripture around the time of Jesus, but there wasn't. It didn't happen in Judaism until 90 AD. The men who tried and executed the Lord, established the Protestant canon of scripture. This doesn't pose a problem for you?
Cyril and Jerome were in Jerusalem they say the Jews had fixed Cannon.

So they found Essense had Sirach in a clay pot in the same cave as Isaiah, if you go to my house I have the book Lonely planet Brazil on the same bookshelf as my Bible does that make them both scripture?

If we think illogically and stupidly like you the answer is yes.
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#479018 Sep 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah so that's it. The Lord willed for YOU to bring the truth to humanity. He relied on future Bible scholars who boast of 'post secondary' education. That's how the Lord's message was to be revealed? Thru careful study of Hebrew and Greek? lol
You make Christ out to be a joke with your opinion on the Bible. Salvation, eternity, Heaven and Hell were such important issues that Christ went through an 8 hr execution for it, only to have his message be relied upon those who could decipher the Bible - when it was printed in 1452, of course.
Puff your chest out against the other self proclaimed authorities. Are you an osas evangelical? I don't think Confrint is.... pull out your Bible and bludgeon one of your fellow evangelicals on sola fide. The Holy Spirit isn't revealing two different truths ya know. Only one of you are being led by the Holy Spirit. Maybe the college degree is how Jesus shows us who is speaking the truth! lol
Your Sarcasm and belittling shows how petty of human being you are.

Jesus said on the Cross its Finished, rocks split in two, the sun was darkened, the curtain torn in two.

You don't have to be very smart or a rocket scientist to understand that last sacrifice needed was given, that when Jesus cries out it is FINISHED that means no more all done, and when you read Hebrews it confirms that to know when the RCC starts up the sacrifices again at Mass some 500 years later the RCC is out to lunch.

Only a brain dead brain washed enslaved, Pharisaical spirit would believe otherwise.
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#479019 Sep 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Webster's theories are thoroughly destroyed here;
http://www.americancatholictruthsociety.com/w...
and here;
http://www.cin.org/users/jgallegos/web.htm
and here;
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/num49.htm
and there are many more.
Find a new researcher CIB, Webster is lame.
No these sites do not destroy anything, but ignorance is bliss

Please try to address one point I make with a logical rational argument and stop the he said she said because I say so its got be.

Clearly you think as does Clay your infallible in determining what is infallible.
LOL

You both are such Hypocrites, you both believe in Sola determination of what is infallible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... 20 hr C Kersey 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 18 G-Tee 10,755
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr 12 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr 5 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr 5 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr 5 thepopeonthetwit 3
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb '18 C Kersey 3