Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,076
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#478719 Sep 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You once said the Inquisitions killed over 60 million people, and later doubled-down on that number saying it was over 100 million. You use William Webster as your research source. I'm sorry, but you're a conspiracy theorist.
This board is a microcosm of the free-for-all in today's protestantland. We have a posters who say Jesus isn't God, another says soul sleep is scriptural, another who says he's St. Paul's equal and better than St. Peter, says Mary was a bad mother and that God implanted a fertilized embryo in her, another who says he's a deacon in his congregation and fights with the Preston the Apostle, most others think the world is 5000 years old. They all claim to be Divinely inspired to infallibly interpret the bible. The problem in protestantism is when everybody is an authority, nobdy is an authority and you end up with millions of paper popes running around. That's not what Jesus intended.
Well your arguments if one can call them that have gotten lamer by the post.

My posts regarding the estimates killed in the Inquisitions have never changed. I have always maintained the 40 million estimate.

I have posted estimates with good documentation that they could be as high as 100 million as the RCC destroyed many documents from those times which is documented from RC eye witnesses.

You say I double down form 60 to 100 you apparently can not multiply either that would be 120. LOL

As far as the rest of your post regarding others in this thread and what they have posted or have not, which with you is highly suspect because you don't hesitate to take the Bible or Church Fathers out of context, so we can easily imagine how deceitful you would be with those you have no regard for.

That being said why is it you ignore the historical biblical facts I post and then some how think because someone else posts nonsense somehow that discredits me?

That was Rhetorical, its because you can't defend your Sects assertion it is the one true yadda yadda.

Just for argument sake lets say it was 5 million or 100 000 dead in the inquisitions at the hand of a Pope decreed specially created Priesthood with a manual on how to torture to get a convert, that in of itself proves RCC is not that which she claims.

It is that glaring fact, that reality that you are in complete denial over.

Sad for you as you will be held accountable for living such a lie.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#478720 Sep 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>

How is that when you only believe in a portion of Jesus?

..and you don't believe Jesus when he speaks of it.
Hmmmm....odd.
"How is it that you only believe in a portion of Jesus and you don't believe Jesus when HE speaks of ......

HIS (Universal) Church in Matthew 16:13-21.
HIS appointing Peter- His Earthly Representative to lead HIS CHURCH
HIS appointment of the Apostles to forgive sin (to bind and loosen)
HIS WORDS regarding HIS TRUE body/blood in John 6:47-59

Hmmmm....odd.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#478721 Sep 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting how you, Confrinting (a supposed Christian) continue to attach your anti-catholic vengeance, hostility and hatred toward the TRUE Faith and Salvation of other believers who are the vast majority of Christians (especially Catholics) that believe follow, worship and adhere to the Gospel of Jesus Christ each and every day!!
My foundation is built on Jesus Christ (FIRST and FOREMOST) regardless of the lies that you have become "addicted" to spreading about ALL OF US CATHOLICS. With Peter (as Bishop-"overseer) as HIS (appointed) earthly representative to lead HIS One TRUE Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church (Matt 16:13-21) until Jesus returns again for the second time. It is unfortunate that you Confrinting "CONTINUE" to just list (day after day) "selected bible verses" that ONLY fit into your bible only anti-catholic agenda,(blatantly (rejecting) the words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF, with regards to HIS TRUE CHURCH, HIS TRUE BODY AND BLOOD IN THE EUCHARIST and 2000 years of Proven Church History that confirms it ALL. In addition, Paul in his letter to Timothy directs the Christians to THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH (I Tim 3:15).........FURTHERMORE----I f there is ANYONE who continually "thumbs their noses" at the TRUTH, spurning Gods (divinely inspired) eternal Word, you my friend, are WAY OUT IN FRONT of everyone else!!I pray that God will eventually "open your eyes" to the TRUTH of your judging, and condemning of the faith and salvation of other Christians and then (continuously) spreading lies and untruths against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS (Universal-Catholic) Church. THIS ALONE, Confrinting, you will be held "accountable" before Almighty God Our Father and Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior!!!
~~~
YOU WROTE

Peter (as Bishop-"overseer) as HIS (appointed) earthly representative to lead HIS One TRUE Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church (Matt 16:13-21)

YOU HAVE FIRST TO ESTABLISH THAT YOUR ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH WAS THE ONE THAT PETER ESTABLISHED...

YOUR CLAIM HAS NO BASIS/FOUNDATION NOR CONNECTION IN MATTHEW 16:13-21 TO PETER ...AND YOUR ARROGANCE IS OBSCENE..

Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Mat 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Mat 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

IF PER CHANCE YOU ARE RIGHT AND THE CHURCH WAS BUILT UPON PETER...
AND HE HAD THE KEYS..

THERE IS STILL NOTHING IN THE ABOVE SCRIPTURES THAT SINGLES THE ROMAN CATHOLIC OUT CHURCH ABOVE OTHERS .... AND GIVES IT SPECIAL PREFERENCE

YOUR CHURCH... STILL HAVE ZERO AUTHORITY ...OVER ANY OTHER PART OF THE BODY OF CHRIST..

THE GROUND IS LEVEL AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS...

THERE ARE NO BIG RAMS AND LITTLE EWES...
Clay

Chicago, IL

#478722 Sep 27, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no regard for history or fact that is clear.
My 1981 Lutheran conformation Bible has an Apocrypha they as it did in the 16th century.
They were never removed, as with the early church fathers as with Jesus as with Jerome as with Augustine they were never considered scripture. In light of your disinformation I highly recommend you find out what is scripture and why these books were never canonized as scripture. But first you will have to be educated to what scripture is.
They are were included as helps, to give context religious and historical. Just like the Maps in my Bible they give additional information context but no one thinks the Maps in the bible are scripture.
So Luther the reformers could not did not remove them from the Bibles of their day, and never considered them scripture.
AT THE COUNCIL OF TRENT THE RCC CANONIZED SOME OF THE APOCRYPHA
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN CHRISTIAN HISTORY,
THUS THE RCC ADDED BOOKS TO THE RCC CANNON.
YOU CAN NOT REMOVE SOMETHING FROM THE CANNON OF SCRIPTURE THAT HAD NEVER BEEN CANONIZED.
You can say the sky is purple with yellow and pink dots till the cows come home, you look like a dumb dumb doing it because your assertions are not based fact historical or biblical.
FYI the books at Hippo are different then the ones at TRENT wake up you are you are your worst enemy, you are cutting your nose of to spite your face.
You seem to be the most arrogant woman on this thread. Its clouding your brain.

-I could care less what Lutherans say is inspired scripture and their Bible.
-I also do not care what the post Christian Jews say is inspired when they established a canon in 90 AD.
- Jews living around the time of Christ had no official canon. And the Dead Sea Scrolls prove that the Essenes considered Tobit and Sirach as inspired scripture.
-people like you are exactly why Jesus left us with a Church and not a list of Books. You do not know how to handle the Bible. You're only relevant to you and a few other gullible victims on this thread.
Your constant lies are sickening. I pray for all you buy into your deception.

Btw, do you really believe the Earth is 5,000 yrs old? Lol The next time you call someone an idiot, I'm going to spew out whatever beverage I'm drinking- hopefully its a Heinekin.
Human Being

Iota, LA

#478723 Sep 27, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Robert!
Your not saying that only the RCC has the 'salvation message', are you?
marge

Peace to you.

In a sense, God came to be a servant(Phil 2:7), and we all own the Salvation Message. How we treat Jesus as a servant is something we should be mindful....

As messengers, we use imperfect language to convey what we understand, and whether that is a singular person, or multiple persons, we should be as Jesus, a servant to all.

In the case of Jesus, he is both Perfect: Message and Messenger.

I for one, know I am imperfect, and an imperfect messenger, conveying in an imperfect language. So I meditate on Jesus and his surroundings while he walked on this earth...

Can you sometimes hear the stones crying out around Jesus, when he walked upon the roads?(Luke 19:40)

Peace

#478724 Sep 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
-I also do not care what the post Christian Jews say is inspired when they established a canon in 90 AD.
- Jews living around the time of Christ had no official canon. And the Dead Sea Scrolls prove that the Essenes considered Tobit and Sirach as inspired scripture.
-people like you are exactly why Jesus left us with a Church and not a list of Books. You do not know how to handle the Bible. You're only relevant to you and a few other gullible victims on this thread.
Btw, do you really believe the Earth is 5,000 yrs old? Lol The next time you call someone an idiot, I'm going to spew out whatever beverage I'm drinking- hopefully its a Heinekin.
YOU WROTE..

I could care less what Lutherans say is inspired scripture and their Bible.

OBVIOUSLY AS AN INFIDEL...You could care less about any thing that is remotely Christian...

You glory in you support of the kingdom of Constantine which has been preserved in Rome over a period of 1600 years..

THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS ESTABLISHED IN THE HEARTS OF ALL BELIEVERS IN JESUS CHRIST...

ALL THAT ARE BORN AGAIN...

FOR JESUS SAID

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh
3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

THOSE THAT ARE SONS OF GOD

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

THOSE THAT ARE NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS..

2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

THOSE THAT HAVE EXPERIENCED CIRCUMCISION OF THE HEART.

Rom_2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

THOSE THAT ARE FELLOW CITIZENS WITH THE SAINTS AND O THE HOUSEHOLD OF GOD

Eph_2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

THOSE THAT RE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST...

2Co_5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

THOSE WITH A PURE HEART

Mat_5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

1Ti_1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

2Ti_2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
Heb_10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

THOSE THAT OBEY THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD

1Pe_1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

BELONGING TO A CHURCH IN ROME ITALY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH

BEING A CHRISTIAN
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#478725 Sep 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>

YOU HAVE FIRST TO ESTABLISH THAT YOUR ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH WAS THE ONE THAT PETER ESTABLISHED...
YOUR CLAIM HAS NO BASIS/FOUNDATION NOR CONNECTION IN MATTHEW
AND HE HAD THE KEYS..
THERE IS STILL NOTHING IN THE ABOVE SCRIPTURES THAT SINGLES THE ROMAN CATHOLIC OUT CHURCH ABOVE OTHERS .... AND GIVES IT SPECIAL PREFERENCE
It has ALREADY been established (from over 2000 years of recorded, authenticated and PROVEN Church History) that the Jesus Christ One TRUE (Universal) Church is Catholic. The bible doesn't have to say that it was Catholic! Church History CONFIRMS it!! The bible doesn't record or say A LOT OF THINGS! The bible doesn't mention the word "TRINITY, doesn't have the APOSTLES CREED in it, nor does it have the word BIBLE or the words "SOLA SCRIPTURA!! There are many other words NOT found in the bible that are used in Christianity today. Sacred Church (recorded) History, again( from over 2000 years, authenticates, validifies,(conclusively) PROVES that Peter (the 1st Bishop) was the one who Jesus appointed to oversee HIS Church..... The TRUE interpretation of the Bible as it is confirmed through Apostolic Church History (precisely, exactly, and distinctly) singles out Jesus Christs One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church above others, that (split off, and divided from it) some 1500 years later during the Protestant Reformation. Preferential?????--yes---in that the Jesus Christs One TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH is the ONE Church that teaches the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, for over 2000 years....., However, there are "many other "post Reformation Christianity Churches that follow Jesus Christ" but have "purposely rejected" many of the biblical and historical traditional doctrinal teachings of Jesus (handed down by HIM to HIS APOSTLES 1.e.(7 books of the original bible, the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE BODY and BLOOD, many of the Sacraments etc).....Your "denial and rejection" of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible (given to us by the Early Church Fathers) in 382,393, and 397 AD, along with authenticated TRUE Church Historical FACTS, doesn't change the TRUTH from what has been recorded for over 2000 years, no matter how much you (try and attempt) to "spin it" to your own bible only advantage!!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#478726 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>

BELONGING TO A CHURCH IN ROME ITALY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH
BEING A CHRISTIAN
Listing bible verses has (nothing to do) with being a Christian, especially when in Paul's letter to Timothy he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone),is pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!! I Tim 3:15.

#478727 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
Peter (as Bishop-"overseer) as HIS (appointed) earthly representative to lead HIS One TRUE Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church (Matt 16:13-21)
YOUR CLAIM HAS NO BASIS/FOUNDATION NOR CONNECTION IN MATTHEW 16:13-21 TO PETER ...AND YOUR ARROGANCE IS OBSCENE..
Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mat 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
Mat 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
AND HE HAD THE KEYS..
YOUR CHURCH... STILL HAVE ZERO AUTHORITY ...OVER ANY OTHER PART OF THE BODY OF CHRIST..
THE GROUND IS LEVEL AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS...
THERE ARE NO BIG RAMS AND LITTLE EWES...
~~~

JESUS SAID..NOTHING ABOUT SEEKING THE KINGDOM OF ROME ITALY..

Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

JESUS SAID NOTHING... ABOUT CALLING UNTO MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS..

HE SAID ASK THE FATHER IN HIS NAME...

Jer 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Luk_11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Joh_14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Joh_15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Joh_16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Joh_16:26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
Anthony MN

United States

#478728 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Well your arguments if one can call them that have gotten lamer by the post.
My posts regarding the estimates killed in the Inquisitions have never changed. I have always maintained the 40 million estimate.
I have posted estimates with good documentation that they could be as high as 100 million as the RCC destroyed many documents from those times which is documented from RC eye witnesses.
You say I double down form 60 to 100 you apparently can not multiply either that would be 120. LOL
As far as the rest of your post regarding others in this thread and what they have posted or have not, which with you is highly suspect because you don't hesitate to take the Bible or Church Fathers out of context, so we can easily imagine how deceitful you would be with those you have no regard for.
That being said why is it you ignore the historical biblical facts I post and then some how think because someone else posts nonsense somehow that discredits me?
That was Rhetorical, its because you can't defend your Sects assertion it is the one true yadda yadda.
Just for argument sake lets say it was 5 million or 100 000 dead in the inquisitions at the hand of a Pope decreed specially created Priesthood with a manual on how to torture to get a convert, that in of itself proves RCC is not that which she claims.
It is that glaring fact, that reality that you are in complete denial over.
Sad for you as you will be held accountable for living such a lie.
Oh give me a break. Your sources are lame...William Webster? Lol. I asked you to show where the popes condemned the Assumption, no response. Yeah, I saw Webster's argument, now that's lame. He looks at the list of books condemned and decides the doctrine is condemned because of the title, yet has no clue what the book says and why the writer of it was condemned. Where do you get your 40 million number ? Respectable historians would laugh at that number. That's almost half the population of Europe. I'm sure John Foxe and William Webster want to lay the Black Plague at the doorstep of the Catholic Church.. What a joke. Why the crusades? Because Muslims were conquering Christian lands, yeah, Constantinople was a tragedy, and we're still ashamed of it, but no pope ordered that horrible sin. You grab on to some goofy conspiracy theory and build on that. Find someone respectable to back you up, your sources are lame.

Location hidden

#478729 Sep 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you Clay????

Tell me that this teaches God and Christ are one:

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

#478730 Sep 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Listing bible verses has (nothing to do) with being a Christian, especially when in Paul's letter to Timothy he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone),is pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!! I Tim 3:15.
~~~
I WOULD EXPECT YOU AS A CO-CONFIRMED INFIDEL TO GLORIFY THE KINGDOM OF CONSTANTINE IN ROME..

JESUS PLAINLY TOLD PILATE..that his kingdom of this world...

SO IT IS NOT HIS KINGDOM SET UP IN ROME...

BUT THE KINGDOM/DYNASTY OF CONSTANTINE CONTINUED OVER 1800 YEARS.

CRUSADES, INQUISITION AND THE WHOLE NINE YARDS.

NOTE WHAT THE WORD OF GOD SAYS...

Joh 18:35 Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?

Joh 18:36 Jesus answered,--> My kingdom is not of this world: <---

if my kingdom were of this world,

then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews:

but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Joh 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king.

To this end was I born, and

for this cause came I into the world,

that I should bear witness unto the truth.

Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

~~~

The Roman Catholic Church ignores the voice of Jesus

and presents it's own voice...... through their pope.

and what they call their holy fathers...

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#478731 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesus refers to Adam and Eve and the Genesis account as historical in the NT and Adam and Eve as having lived and the takes the account as literal. So did all Jews of Jesus's day.
So much for allowing Rome to interpret for me that can't even agree with Jesus of Nazareth the Christ son of God
You sure wrote a lot of blah blah trying defend the indefensible RC blah blah there. Give your head a shake.
I have to say that,refreshing ..

I was,raised in Catholic SCHOOL. They never said,anything other than Genesis,teAching ..now that evolution is,a bug secular science THEORY
which it self changes,..missing link ..no a common ancestor .

I'll stick with Genesis,.....it's,true,never changes,..

and easier on my old brain:)

#478732 Sep 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh give me a break. Your sources are lame...William Webster? Lol. I asked you to show where the popes condemned the Assumption, no response. Yeah, I saw Webster's argument, now that's lame. He looks at the list of books condemned and decides the doctrine is condemned because of the title, yet has no clue what the book says and why the writer of it was condemned. Where do you get your 40 million number ? Respectable historians would laugh at that number. That's almost half the population of Europe. I'm sure John Foxe and William Webster want to lay the Black Plague at the doorstep of the Catholic Church.. What a joke. Why the crusades? Because Muslims were conquering Christian lands, yeah, Constantinople was a tragedy, and we're still ashamed of it, but no pope ordered that horrible sin. You grab on to some goofy conspiracy theory and build on that. Find someone respectable to back you up, your sources are lame.
~~~

UNLESS YOU CAN VALIDATE, GIVE SCRIPTURE FROM THE BIBLE ...

BEFORE US IN THIS FORUM....

THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

WAS THE SOLE/ONLY CHURCH

SET FORTH BY JESUS CHRIST..

AND IT IS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS A FOUNDATION IN GOD'S WORD...

ALL YOUR HISTORY THAT YOU PRESENT IS ZILCH,
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#478733 Sep 27, 2013
"Billy Graham’s grandson: evangelicals ‘worse’ than Catholics on sex abuse"

"AUSTIN, Texas (RNS) The Christian mission field is a “magnet” for sexual abusers, Boz Tchividjian, a Liberty University law professor who investigates abuse said Thursday (Sept. 26) to a room of journalists.

While comparing evangelicals to Catholics on abuse response,”I think we are worse,” he said at the Religion Newswriters Association conference, saying too many evangelicals had “sacrificed the souls” of young victims.

“Protestants can be very arrogant when pointing to Catholics,” said Tchividjian, a grandson of evangelist Billy Graham and executive director of Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment (GRACE), which has investigated sex abuse allegations.

Earlier this summer, GRACE spearheaded an online petition decrying the “silence” and “inattention” of evangelical leaders to sexual abuse in their churches.

Mission agencies,“where abuse is most prevalent,” often don’t report abuse because they fear being barred from working in foreign countries, he said. Abusers will get sent home and might join another agency. Of known data from abuse cases, 25 percent are repeat cases, he said.

Still, he says, he sees some positive movements among some Protestants. Bob Jones University has hired GRACE to investigate abuse allegations, a move that encourages Tchividjian, a former Florida prosecutor.”That’s like the mothership of fundamentalism,” he said. His grandfather split with Bob Jones in a fundamentalist and evangelical division.

“The Protestant culture is defined by independence,” Tchividjian said. Evangelicals often frown upon transparency and accountability, he said, as many Protestants rely on Scripture more than religious leaders, compared to Catholics.

Abusers discourage whistle-blowing by condemning gossip to try to keep people from reporting abuse, he said. Victims are also told to protect the reputation of Jesus.

Too many Protestant institutions have sacrificed souls in order to protect their institutions, he said.”We’ve got the Gospels backwards,” he said.

Tchividjian said he is speaking with Pepperdine University, a Church of Christ-affiliated school in California, about creating a national GRACE center."

http://www.religionnews.com/2013/09/26/billy-...
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#478734 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
WAS THE SOLE/ONLY CHURCH
"I wish, to all those at Rome whom God loves and has called to be holy, grace and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. And first, I offer thanks to my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, you whose faith is so renowned throughout the world."

Now, give me one verse that validates the authority of a pentecostal protestor who claims to speaj for God, who's been reading the bible for several decades and who lives in Pennsylvania, USA in AD 2013.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#478735 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
WAS THE SOLE/ONLY CHURCH
There were many cities mentioned in the bible where the Church was. To which of those city Churches can you trace the origin of your protestant group?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#478736 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
WAS THE SOLE/ONLY CHURCH
St. Paul addresses the Church at Rome.

"The God to whom I address the inner worship of my heart, while I preach the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I make mention of you, never failing to ask, when I am at my prayers, that somehow, in God’s Providence, I may be granted at last an opportunity of visiting you."

Sounds like St. Paul thought pretty highly of the Church at Rome.

#478737 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
WAS THE SOLE/ONLY CHURCH

"I wish, to all those at Rome whom God loves and has called to be holy, grace and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. And first, I offer thanks to my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, you whose faith is so renowned throughout the world."

Now, give me one verse that validates the authority of a pentecostal protestor who claims to speaj for God, who's been reading the bible for several decades and who lives in Pennsylvania, USA in AD 2013.

~~~

AS USUAL YOU CREATE A DIVERSION AND ATTEMPT TO

CHANGE THE SUBJECT..

___

WHAT i POSTED WAS..

WAS THE SOLE/ONLY CHURCH

AS I EXPECTED YOU HAVE NOT PROOF OR VALIDATION...
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#478738 Sep 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to say that,refreshing ..
I was,raised in Catholic SCHOOL. They never said,anything other than Genesis,teAching ..now that evolution is,a bug secular science THEORY
which it self changes,..missing link ..no a common ancestor .
I'll stick with Genesis,.....it's,true,never changes,..
and easier on my old brain:)
The Church doesnt say Genesis is wrong or that evolution is correct, nor does it deny that all was created by God. It simply allows for a broader view of creation and not putting God in a box of say an actual 6 day creation or what ectually took place in that process. We know God created everything, but we don't know the exact process. It doesnt prohbit believing that earth was created in 6 days nor does it say how old the earth is, nor does it say you must believe in evolution. As Chesterton said, "The problem with the missing link is it's still missing." You seem to believe that somehow the church has required everyone to believe in a literal 6 day plan or that it dismisses that was a possibility and must believe in evolution. It doesnt. If you make the claim the earth is 5000 years old literally and science proves its not then perhaps your infallible interpretation is not infallible after all. The bible isnt a science book. Rather than forcing a view on science try to understand how facts can correlate with the bible. Otherwise you get inot Galileo scenarios which was the whole point of bringing it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... 31 min Ed_Reid 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 10 hr Jaimie 83,958
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 hr Cultastic 8,911
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Sun Lawrence Wolf 2,021
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
More from around the web