Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,096)

Showing posts 461,901 - 461,920 of530,344
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
yTube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_____

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

it is written

I been before!
Your law died on INRI.
He come fulfill law where is a law not exist.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

He rise in Heaven.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
NO ONE,HERE,IS,A,KILLER .
I was,responding to a,post about people killing people over religion
Sorry but your Church has,a,history if that ..And ALLOWING their monarchs,they helped to the throne. To torture Jews and others into belief .
I really think.That is,why GOD ALLOWED THE BREAKING AWAY ..ABSOLUTE,POWER CORRUPTS,ABSOLUTELY
And,HUMAN MEN HAD HUGE POWER IN THE PAPACY..
And,so did he English Church..God is,not behind any killing in his,name
People here are passionate ..But not killers,
RoSesez

Peace

People kill because they are passionate. They first kill Christ within themselves, and then the object to which they hate. That goes for either Protestants or Catholics, who call themselves Christians.

The book of 1st John goes into detail....

Peace
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And you think JESUS,DID NOT KNOW,HIS,WORD WOULD,RING TRUE TO HEARTS,
centuries,later ..
Unless,again ..did,the pope invent them...some,monk ??
If not JOHN wrote,EXACTLY WHAT JESUS,wanted us,to know,to be,saved,..
RoSesz

Peace

The sower is God, the seed is the word.

There are many people that have plenty of seed in their life, may know the Bible backwards and forwards, but that does not mean they are saved. So knowing the Bible does not save a person. Rather it is after a person is saved, that the scripture becomes effective if one believes and acts upon it.

First one must be humble before God, and listen, to have one's ear opened, that faith might bring about repentance and acceptance of Jesus Christ.

There are some here that know the Bible backwards and forwards....
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Well its the same One I posted here some 4-5 years ago in this thread.
You know you have posted truth when the postie does not even attempt to refute the evidence at hand and the only tactic they employ is name calling and in a lame attempt to try an make a diversion from the facts at hand try to mud slinging hoping nobody will notice they can't refute the facts at hand.
Thanks for that its nice to know I posted truth.
No kidding?

Other than a faith's manififestation - how it is lived - what othr "facts" do you have to refute another's faith?

Otherwise, agreed. Lot's of mudslinging.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why don't you shut up! never have I ever saw GIF say that he hates a catholic just because they are a catholic and the same goes for me.
However I do despise liars and you are 1.
Preston

Peace

You ask me over and over to stop talking to you, and I comply. But you keep addressing me, as though you have some power to dictate over me, to tell me what to do. I think you are very confused.

By the way some have said they would tear down every RCC church, and burn all their books. If that is not being part of a hate-filled crowd, well, then I don't know what is....It is the same hate that led to the conflict between Catholics and Protestants. Its interesting how long hate is kept alive, by justification and revenge....

Peace
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

"Through none others know we the disposition of our salvation, than those through whom the gospel came to us, first heralding it, then by the will of God delivering to us the Scriptures, which were to be the foundation and pillar of our faith...But when, the heretics are Scriptures, as if they were wrong, and unauthoritative, and were variable, and the truth could not be extracted from them by those who were ignorant of Tradition...And when we challenge them in turn what that tradition, which is from the Apostles, which is guarded by the succession of elders in the churches, they oppose themselves to Tradition, saying that they are wiser, not only than those elders, but even than the Apostles. The Tradition of the Apostles, manifested 'on the contrary' in the whole world, is open in every Church to all who see the truth...And, since it is a long matter in a work like this to enumerate these successions, we will confute them by pointing to the Tradition of that greatest and most ancient and universally known Church, founded and constituted at Rome by the two most glorious Apostles, Peter and Paul, a tradition which she has had and a faith which she proclaims to all men from those Apostles.' Irenaeus, Against Heresies 3,1-3 (inter A.D. 180/199).

"We do not take our scriptural teaching from the parables but we interpret the parables according to our teaching." Tertullian, Purity 9,1 (c. A.D. 200).

'Let them show the origins of their churches, let them unroll the list of their bishops, through a succession coming down from the very beginning that their first bishop had his authority and predecessor someone from among the number of Apostles or apostolic men and, further, that he did not stray from the Apostles. In this way the apostolic churches present their earliest records. The church of Smyrna, for example, records that Polycarp was named by John; the Romans, that Clement was ordained by Peter. In just the same way, the other churches show who were made bishops by the Apostles and who transmitted the apostolic seed to them. Let the heretics invent something like that.' Tertullian, The Prescription Against Heretics 32 (c. A.D. 200).
Concerned in Brasil

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go back to last week and then the week before, you'll see that I took the time to refute almost every single one and provided links. When I got to 20 something, it became a big joke, so I stopped. I realized they could care less that they just posted a lie. Like them, you'll believe what you're going to believe no matter what.
The Bible fell out of the sky; the Apostles didn't explain their writings properly and their Disciples immediately messed up the will of Jesus. The Roman Catholic Church corrupted all of Christianity until they printed and published the Bible for the first time on October 22, 1452. Now folks like you could decide for yourselves what Christianity is. Luther came along, decided that there were 7 more Books that weren't Biblical and pulled them out.
Yeah, this is the scenario you think is truth.
I don't know what you have recently posted or not.
Luther did not pull any books out.
I was confirmed in a Luther fellowship many years ago and my bible included the Apocrypha not to be considered scripture to be used for doctrine but an aid as would a writing of an early church father.
The Books where never canonized by the RCC until the 16th century. After Luther declared them not to be considered scripture.
But the question is which Apocrypha it has changed over the centuries.
Jerome the translator of the Latin Bible did not consider them scripture either as did the early church fathers, as did the Jews as did Jesus.
If you wish to enter into a debate of the facts be prepared to be soundly defeated, I know what I am posting I have studied intensely and I am ready to give an answer to the truth in and out of season.
Concerned in Brasil

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to remember too, those aren't new doctrines the Church invented. There clarifications at council. For example: They didn't add 7 Books at the council of Trent nor did they suddenly teach that Sacred Scripture and Sacred tradition are equal. The latter was obvious to all of Christendom. Scripture flowed from tradition. That's why we have a Bible.
There was no need to publicly declare this because nobody argued against it. Same thing with the 7 Books.(Guttenberg Bible that was published a hundred yrs before Trent had 73 Books). Suddenly there are reformers teaching new and strange doctrines. The Church held council to clarify truth. Then men like you turn around and stab them in the back and tell everyone, "look the RCC just invented Transubstantion".
You know nothing of history
The Inquisition of heretics was instituted by the Council of Verona in the year 1184. Jesus never taught the use of force to spread His religion your Pope even created a new order of Priests to carry out the inquisitions, trace that one back to early church fathers.

The doctrine of Purgatory was proclaimed as a dogma of faith by Council of Florence

There is not one word in the Bible that would teach the purgatory of priests. The blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth us from all sins.(Read 1st John 1:7-9; 2:1-2; John 5:24; Romans 8:1).

This was not taught by Jesus his Apostles or early church fathers nope not a chance.

The Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary was proclaimed by Pope Pius IX

The Bible states that all men, with the sole exception of Christ, are sinners. Mary herself had need of a Savior.(Read Romans 3:23; 5:12; Psalm 51:5; Luke 1:30,46,47).

Again Not taught in the Bible, early church fathers.

YOU are either deceiver or brainwashed take your pick
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Jesus Christ win death on Cross!

Jesus Christ name above all.

If you suffering represent your suffering trough prayers.

God always listen prayers.

My God is Omnipresent.

Our lovely God is full of Mercy.

Don't worry if you fall under Cross of your life.

Pray more and more.

We know who don't liked prayers.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I was confirmed in a Luther fellowship many years ago and my bible included the Apocrypha not to be considered scripture to be used for doctrine but an aid as would a writing of an early church father.
The Books where never canonized by the RCC until the 16th century. After Luther declared them not to be considered scripture.
Jerome the translator of the Latin Bible did not consider them scripture either as did the early church fathers, as did the Jews as did Jesus.
If you wish to enter into a debate of the facts be prepared to be soundly defeated, I know what I am posting I have studied intensely and I am ready to give an answer to the truth in and out of season.
You can never pass on puffing your chest out. I would love to have you 'soundly defeat me'. I guess I didn't realize this was a game.
Consider these facts:

The Bible was published for the first time in 1452. This Bible included the 7 Books.
The official Jewish canon of scripture was compiled in 90 AD. That's after Christianity began.
Around the time of Jesus, Jewish sects did not recognize the same Books as scripture.
The Sadducees recognized 5. They did not consider anything after the torah as sacred scripture. Did Jesus correct them when they tried to trap Him with a question about Heaven? No, He simply used the Books that they considered scripture to show their error.
The Pharisees used the more similar Books that you'll find in the Protestant Bible today.
The Essenes had a little more than the Pharisees as evident by the Dead Sea Scrolls. They had more copies of Tobit than some of the Books now in your OT canon. So its tough to argue that they didn't consider Tobit as inspired. They also had Sirach, which Jesus Himself quoted from.

In short, Luther and the reformers told everyone the Catholic Church added 7 more Books than the Jews, so they removed them. Well, the Church added allot more than 7 to the Bible. They added 27 other ones at the council of Rome, Cathrige and Hippo in the 4th century.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"Jerome the translator of the Latin Bible did not consider them scripture either as did the early church fathers, as did the Jews as did Jesus."

St. Jerome was sceptical, but in the end did agree. Certainly the fathers did debate, even some books that we both consider today were debated. The Jews of the diaspora had the Septuagint. You seem to want to place the burden of proof on the Catholic Church, but why do the Orthodox and all the other ancient Churches consider them scripture?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

My God don't need false lips with humble double mining.
My God don't need or asked kiss me in my hand.
If you suffering
pray and cry o don't worry..offer yourself with prayers on that Cross..its pain which never exist before with hands and lags body and mind.

If you experience that on Cross as INRI don't be afraid of great liars.
God know all your error or weakness but don't be afraid from corupt lips.

Love your God with your minds.

Crown pain is most worst then anything
o don't worry what they going tell you.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU HAVE MY SINCERE PITY....that you can't say that you knew anything about God when.. OR BEFORE YOU you were 17 years of age,..
I was teaching vacation Bible school, before I was 12,and youth leader
in the church I attended ...in my early teens...
It is a pity that you did not have the same heritage I have enjoyed...
Only God knows what you could have become for him if you were given the
opportunity that I HAVE EXPERIENCED..AND HAD BEEN TAUGHT THE TRUTH OF GODS WORD...
THEN YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE BECOME THE UNPROFITABLE SERVANT OF GOD THAT YOU ARE
ONE OF the things that bothers me (among others ) IS
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN MUCH IS REQUIRED...THE ACCOUNTABILITY THAT IS
EXACTED OF MYSELF BEFORE GOD...
WHAT ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNTABILITY...
TO HIM TO SPEAK THE TRUTH, YOU DO HAVE SOME ACCOUNTABILITY DON'T YOU KNOW...
YOU COULD TRY TO ONCE IN A WHILE .It might do you good and help you too
Since you don't teach the truth, I find it hard to believe you even believe in Jesus.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Law of death died on INRI.
Concerned in Brasil

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
"Through none others know we the disposition of our salvation, than those through whom the gospel came to us, first heralding it, then by the will of God delivering to us the Scriptures, which were to be the foundation and pillar of our faith...But when, the heretics are Scriptures, as if they were wrong, and unauthoritative, and were variable, and the truth could not be extracted from them by those who were ignorant of Tradition...And when we challenge them in turn what that tradition, which is from the Apostles, which is guarded by the succession of elders in the churches, they oppose themselves to Tradition, saying that they are wiser, not only than those elders, but even than the Apostles. The Tradition of the Apostles, manifested 'on the contrary' in the whole world, is open in every Church to all who see the truth...And, since it is a long matter in a work like this to enumerate these successions, we will confute them by pointing to the Tradition of that greatest and most ancient and universally known Church, founded and constituted at Rome by the two most glorious Apostles, Peter and Paul, a tradition which she has had and a faith which she proclaims to all men from those Apostles.' Irenaeus, Against Heresies 3,1-3 (inter A.D. 180/199).
"We do not take our scriptural teaching from the parables but we interpret the parables according to our teaching." Tertullian, Purity 9,1 (c. A.D. 200).
'Let them show the origins of their churches, let them unroll the list of their bishops, through a succession coming down from the very beginning that their first bishop had his authority and predecessor someone from among the number of Apostles or apostolic men and, further, that he did not stray from the Apostles. In this way the apostolic churches present their earliest records. The church of Smyrna, for example, records that Polycarp was named by John; the Romans, that Clement was ordained by Peter. In just the same way, the other churches show who were made bishops by the Apostles and who transmitted the apostolic seed to them. Let the heretics invent something like that.' Tertullian, The Prescription Against Heretics 32 (c. A.D. 200).
Nothing above affirms Romes position unless you read into his words that which is not there.

However lets be clear what he did state explicitly

Tertullian’s View of Scripture

Tertullian unambiguously taught that the Scriptures consist of the Old Testament with the apostolic epistles and Gospels designated as the New Testament.51 In his descriptions of the Scriptures, he refers to them repeatedly again as divine, inspired, sacred, holy, the word of God and the voice of the Holy Spirit.52 He considered them fully inspired and authoritative for the establishing of doctrine and the refutation of error. His writings are replete with examples. He believed the Scriptures to be the sole authoritative source from which we derive Christian doctrine and an understanding of apostolic tradition. Ellen Flesseman–van Leer comments on the authoritative nature of Scripture for Tertullian:

Because scripture contains the revelation and is part of tradition, it has of course absolute authority...And therefore, if a doctrine or precept is written in the Bible, it cannot be but true, and if a dogma needs to be proved true, it is entirely sufficient to show that it is written. And even more important, scripture is not only sufficient evidence, but strictly necessary evidence for proving the truth of a dogma.

Ellen Flesseman–van Leer, Tradition and Scripture in the Early Church (Assen: Van Gorcum, 1953), p. 172.
http://www.christiantruth.com/scriptureandchu...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe what you want New Age! You are just another one of the 42,000 Protestant contradicting, conflicting and inconsistent bible only buffoons who preaches a 21st century man-made doctrine of "make it up" as you go, half truth, half-heresy Christianity. IT IS ALL YOURS!!! YOU CAN HAVE IT!! I/we as Catholics will CONTINUE (as billions of Catholics "have" who have )gone before us marked with the sign of the TRUE faith) for over 2000 years, to follow, believe and adhere to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and TRUE SALVATION in and through His One TRUE Catholic Church (the bride of Christ) You--New Age---can do want you want. Good luck! YOU will need it!!!
Why do you continue to make up things about me?

Do you find comfort in lying about others?

Maybe you should speak with your priest about all of this anger you have bottled up within you.

*sighs*

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

OldJG wrote:
Alligator Scars (Fiction)
Some years ago on a hot summer day in south Florida a little boy decided to go for a swim in the old swimming hole behind his house.
In a hurry to dive into the cool water, he ran out the back door, leaving behind shoes, socks, and shirt as he went. He flew into the water, not realizing that as he swam toward the middle of the lake, an alligator was swimming toward the shore.
His mother - in the house was looking out the window - saw the two as they got closer and closer together. In utter fear, she ran toward the water, yelling to her son as loudly as she could.
Hearing her voice, the little boy became alarmed and made a U-turn to swim to his mother. It was too late. Just as he reached her, the alligator reached him.
From the dock, the mother grabbed her little boy by the arms just as the alligator snatched his legs. That began an incredible tug-of-war between the two. The alligator was much stronger than the mother, but the mother was much too passionate to let go. A farmer happened to drive by, heard her screams, raced from his truck, took aim and shot the alligator.
Remarkably, after weeks and weeks in the hospital, the little boy survived. His legs were extremely scarred by the vicious attack of the animal and, on his arms, were deep scratches where his mother's fingernails dug into his flesh in her effort to hang on to the son she loved.
The newspaper reporter who interviewed the boy after the trauma, asked if he would show him his scars. The boy lifted his pant legs. And then, with obvious pride, he said to the reporter, "But look at my arms. I have scars on my arms, too. I have them because my mom wouldn't let go."
You and I can identify with that little boy. We have scars, too. No, not from an alligator, or anything quite so dramatic. But, the scars of a painful past. Some of those scars are unsightly and have caused us deep regret.
But, some wounds, my friend, are because God has refused to let go.
In the midst of your struggle, He's been there holding on to you.
The Scripture teaches that God loves you.
If you have Christ in your life, you have become a child of God. He wants to protect you and provide for you in every way. But sometimes we foolishly wade into dangerous situations. The swimming hole of life is filled with peril - and we forget that the enemy is waiting to attack. That's when the tug-o-war begins - and if you have the scars of His love on your arms be very, very grateful.
He did not - and will not - let you go. Thank you Jesus. Amen.
~~~

Your story is very impressive..

.but

wouldn't it have been better if the little by had avoided the whole

scenario by listening to the warning of his parents before hand...

Most of the time....

Christians can avoid the tug-o-war between God

and the enemy... by simply listening to the inner voice of the Holy Spirit...

The Bible says

Ecc_10:8 He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.

Jesus said...

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come,

he will guide you into all truth:

for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

If Adam and Eve had obeyed God ...Jesus would nt have had to die

If Abraham had not empregnated Hagar...
there would be no descendents of Ishmael and those of Issac fighting over their inheritance the land called Israel in the middle east...

Christians believe that Isaac is the son of promise

Muslims believe that Ishmael ( the son of the bond woman) is the heir...

The war has raged over the inheritance

Abraham's liaison with Hagar. has cost the lives of millions.

Jesus said

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>

Make all the straw men you want it only shows your lack of intelligence and a willingness to debate in honor and honesty, it only shows those seeking truth that your assertions can not be shown
If you want to interject "straw men" into your comments, I suggest you start with your 21st century modernistic Protestant writers who continue to "make up their own Church History" as well as "their own interpretation (or better yet MIS-INTERPRETATION of the bible as it neatly fits into their Protestant bible only anti-catholic "agenda"!!
You "fundies" continue to post (nothing) but "Relative Truth" PERSONAL OPINIONS that you have "dug up" and refer to from your remote and obscure 21st century modernistic (anti-catholic sources). I'll take over 2000 years of TRUTH from "wisdom, discernment and guidance from the Holy Spirit, through prayer, acuteness of understanding and insight" from the first 1500 years of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church, in arriving at the TRUE precepts of the TRUE faith, TRUE Church History and the TRUE interpretation of the bible. I lived this Sola Scriptura (man-invented, man made (half-truth, half-heresy Christian (lie) for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant....I thank God (every day), after 3 years of bible school, 4 years of University theology study and 3 years of investigating and researching TRUE Church History of (1500 years prior to the Reformation) in Pre-seminary study, that Our Lord (open my eyes to the TRUTH) of Jesus Christs One TRUE (historically and biblically PROVEN) Catholic Church..... You bible only fundamentalists have taken less than 500 years to "fracture, split, divide and splinter" into over 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent (Relative Truth) Protestant (PERSONAL OPINIONATED) denominations, NONE of which have ANY basis of biblical or historical truth to confirm and back up ANY of its doctrine of beliefs, EVERY ONE of these fundamental groups is centered around (what each person decides for himself to be the truth)... What you "fail" to understand, Concerned, is that there is absolutely NOTHING to discuss, NOTHING to contemplate, NOTHING to argue over and NOTHING to debate!!! The TRUTH of the TRUE Interpretation of the Bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History has been confirmed over and over and over again for over 2000 years. If you "really" want to know the TRUTH of what the Sacred Scriptures "truly mean" then read the Catholic Catechism and find out. However, we as Catholics "all know that you won't do that, because you would rather live in a world of "private judgment-anti Catholic Christianity, in which your personal opinionated (mis-interpreting of the bible) is your "final authority"...God has not, nor ever will be the author of your 42,000 bible only Protestant splintering, condemning and judgmental "confusion and chaos!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 461,901 - 461,920 of530,344
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••