Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,094)

Showing posts 461,861 - 461,880 of512,329
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
...lol oh and no orthodox on this forum braggs about being the true church.......
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm
Think upon it all day if you need to. They haven't.

Arrogance is the RCC's "true church".

If and when they realize this, I doubt that they would even apologize for it.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

5:39-44 The Jews considered that eternal life was revealed to them in their Scriptures, and that they had it, because they had the word of God in their hands. Jesus urged them to search those Scriptures with more diligence and attention. Ye do search the Scriptures, and ye do well to do so. They did indeed search the Scriptures, but it was with a view to their own glory. It is possible for men to be very studious in the letter of the Scriptures, yet to be strangers to its power. Or, Search the Scriptures, and so it was spoken to them in the nature of an appeal. Ye profess to receive and believe the Scripture, let that be the judge. It is spoken to us as advising or commanding all Christians to search the Scriptures. Not only read them, and hear them, but search them; which denotes diligence in examining and studying them. MH

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina! It should be obvious to any of us Catholics on this forum that Protestant bible only "fundies" are now attempting to cause division among us Catholics and our other Catholic brothers and sisters in Christ...by distorting and lying about "what they claim we have said in the past" regarding the teachings of the Catholic Church, as they are making a blatant effort in attempting to "pit us against each other"...... These bible only fundamentalists are constantly "at each others throats" arguing, complaining, ripping each others contradicting beliefs and now they are trying to "divide, split and turn us against each other, with their underhanded (divide and conquer) agenda! Confrinting hasn't been quite as obvious but New Age, Oxbow, OLDJG and other frustrated" (fundies) are becoming more "desperate" every day. I know the bible only "game" all too well, after 35 years as a Protestant. My suggestion is "don't get caught up" into their "spider web" of deceit and division........ God's Blessings to your Regina and keep the faith that Jesus left for us over 2000 years ago!!
That might be the agenda of some. However it is NOT the agenda of all. You are misrepresenting a faction of believers and non believers in this forum. Your insinuation is disingenuous and misleading. There are some here that are trying to discover the actual "truth" of it all.
Perhaps you might do well to pay attention to those who have done more and/or better research than you.
Just say'n...
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>What a deception. You talked to my wife when I was flighted because you two were exchanging calls anyway at the time. And most of the time you really didnt have time to hear about my condition because you would switch the coonversation on your own self focused problems when she had a dying husband on her hands.
Yeah, okay,'hermie', whatever you want to believe. If it makes you feel good, and it obviously does, do it. I know what happened, God knows what happened, and so do a few friends here, that's all that matters. He also knows you're spinning and twisting. Honestly, I really don't much care. The only reason why I bring it up is because you both made a big stink about how none of the Catholics offered to help her or prayed for you, when, in fact, that wasn't true. But, of course, everybody else is always lying except for you two (oh, and presto, lol). It was pretty shocking when I first heard her deny it, but now I know better and the shock has worn off. Now I'm just disgusted with you both. Other than that, do whatever you have to do to justify your bad behavior. You always do. It's better if I just ignore you.
Clay

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
"He was an Orthodox thru and thru. The fact that he appeared "Catholic" was due to the fact that Orthodox is very similar to Catholicism"
That's why we have not connected since 1054. LOLOL We are just a hair away from one another.
I think you're focusing way to much on the rites we practice. Well, in that sense, the Roman Catholic rite is very different than the Byzantine rite, yet both are in the Catholic Church and recognize the authority of the Bishop of Rome.

I'm quit certain your sacraments have the exact same meaning as ours according to our respective Bishops. Am I wrong?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>BECAUSE YOU TOLD US ON THIS forum when he dies and I read his obiturary
.and comments from poster here questioned you about this.
You didn't read his obituary. Take the hint, you didn't even know his name.

Why are you so upset??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you...honesty is hard to come by by some in this forum lol
what is ironic is that Mary Hammond and I conversed through emails, and yet she was one hard nosed person.

since I raised(past tense) horses and she raised rabbits, we would discuss what kind of hay would be good for her rabbits beside alfalfa.

getting back to John, he tried not to fight with the catholics, but he wouldn't back up one inch with any of them, especially at the expense of his own beliefs and church.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
AND CHURCH MEANT...THE CHRISTAIN FAITH NOT THE catholic church...
Catholics don't hold enough honesty to admit this fact.

You can say it many times, over and over, they just won't believe you.

It goes to show their ego, arrogance, and ignorance of Jesus and his teachings.

Pope Francis would agree with me, if he was able to post here.Too bad he doesn't.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Orthodoxy shouldn't be that confusing. You make it difficult to understand. Earlier you mentioned Confession. Really? Do you not confess your sins to a Priest or WITH a Priest? I mean, come on.
Yesterday you mentioned the Eucharist belief is different too...
No we do not confess our sins to a priest. a priest stand besides us as we confess to God....proud of your self for starting this mess...just wondering....you have evil intentions and so doesn't dusty hojo and whats her face....

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>twernt talking about you. the conversation was about John from NJ.
anyhooses, if I need someone to ride shotgun for me, I shall not contact you.
PICK ME!! PICK ME!!

I like riding "shotgun"!!

:o)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Seraphima wrote:
...lol oh and no orthodox on this forum braggs about being the true church.......
<quoted text>
Think upon it all day if you need to. They haven't.
Arrogance is the RCC's "true church".
If and when they realize this, I doubt that they would even apologize for it.
THIS Has been our point..PRIDE A GREAT SIN..
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>we were friends for many months before this happened and shared it others sorrows..then BAM the knife slits my throat....
Look, I don't like to talk about this in front of this whole board. It's unseemly to argue this way, but there's no other choice. I'm not looking for thanks or any of that. But I do know what occurred and you then stated publicly that it never did and you attacked me over it and are still doing so. I was shocked. As I just told 'hermie', the shock has now worn off and disgust is left in its place. I don't know why you did what you did, but it was ugly. It's left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, I really don't want to argue again today. It doesn't leave a good feeling in my stomach. Especially if I see that what I'm saying is pissing someone off. Its not my intention to hurt anyone.
However, I know Catholics on here focus on the many similarities with the Orthodox. I don't know why you two do the opposite with us. Yesterday, I showed how Jesus quoted from the Book of Sirach, and how the Jews didn't have a collective canon until well after Christianity began. Yet, I was mocked by you first, then Nick. Since you ALSO have the Book of Sirach in your Bible and the Orthodox ALSO reject sola scripture, I was confused.
I wonder if you try so hard to not be associated with us, that you went outside the bounds of your own Church.
soldier in Iraq?

my niece did two tours as a medic in Iraq.

and yes John argued with me a lot, but we had a mutual respect for each other.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
While I didn't post with John as much as the others, I clearly remember him defending the teachings that both of our Churches share. Especially the Eucharist.
Also, I don't believe John hated Dust Storm. I don't believe he hated anyone.
I really don't know what you would have 'defended him' about. You guys couldn't be further apart in theology. I would go as far as to say, since you believe he was never born again (the way you teach) that your convinced he's not in a good place right now. Remember, believing that a piece of bread is God would be idolatry, if the Eucharist isn't what we claim it to be.
someday, I may go back and find the post that mary was making to him and how he responded. AND THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO EAT YOUR WORDS.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
How old are you any way...You keep calling me son
you would have to be nigh 100 to be my father...I am only 79...
got my credentials to preach at age of 17..
A note from your Mommy doesn't constitute "credentials".

If you had any sense, you would also understand that a theological decree requires using facts and not man-made innuendos, like you do.

*sighs*

17? Yeah, children at this age know lots about "God" and Christianity - from other men ONLY.

You really need to try to lay down better details if you are going to get anyone to really care what you say.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Orthodoxy is the Church founded by Christ for the salvation of mankind, and therefore we should guard with our life the purity of its teaching and our own faithfulness to it. In the Orthodox Church alone is grace given through the sacraments (most other churches donít even claim to have sacraments in any serious sense).

THE ORTHODOX CHURCH ALONE IS THE BODY OF CHRIST, and

if salvation is difficult enough within the Orthodox Church, how much more difficult must it be outside the Church!
http://thehandmaid.wordpress.com/holy-orthodo...

How can anyone in good conscience claim that the Catholic Church is "arrogant" when the Orthodox Church teaches and preaches and believes the exact same thing??

You can't. Not in good conscience. Not with any honesty.

But you'll ignore it and pretend they don't teach the same thing.

Because of anti-Catholic bigotry.

Pure and simple.

Because you want to live with each other without being married. You want to have the "freedom" to abort your babies. You want to "marry" men to men and women to women. You want to divorce and remarry at will. You want to contracept. You want to do any number of things that God said you are not to do and the Catholic Church is your most vocal opponent.

That's why you have no integrity and insist the Church is being arrogant in stating the truth.

And you have lots of company in *your* arrogance. You call them "friends".

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

LTM wrote:
My husband is going into hospital today, please keep him in your prayers.
I am not sure what is going to happn yet, I am praying they take out the prostate gland so he will have no more trouble.
God mat have other plans so I am putting it all in his hands, My husband has suffered terrible pain with this, so much he was going into shock.
Thank you all God Bless.
I think you should keep him at home and just pray to "God" for "Him" to heal your husband.

You do trust "God" will heal him, right? Otherwise you would not rely on medical help.

Where's your faith? Oh yeah - with Science.

DOH!!

I hope he fares well in his journey. I know those doctors will try their very best to show how god-like they are when they are using their god-like machines to monitor him, so they have additional god-like information to save him.

You can count on them!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

John from NJ wrote:

<quoted text>
I remember when the pope of Rome was within the Church and subject to the Church. But those were the good old days when the Roman Catholic Church was not schismatic.
There is no "Baptism of Desire". As I said that was a legalistic response to what happened to the wise Thief.
That doesn't negate the necessity of Baptism, but as often happened with some Roman Catholic ideas the "solution" does do exactly what it was meant to correct. If a family that was to be Baptized that day was killed in a car accident on their way to church you would say that they were "baptized of desire" since they desired it but never made it. However the Fathers taught exactly the opposite.
Martyrdom or Baptism by Blood is somewhat different and was accepted by the early Church.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No we do not confess our sins to a priest. a priest stand besides us as we confess to God....proud of your self for starting this mess...just wondering....you have evil intentions and so doesn't dusty hojo and whats her face....
"And whats her face"???

More Christian humility and respect from you.

You're not hurting me, sera, but you are saying far more about yourself than about me.

Do continue to exhibit your hatred. I'm not the only one who reads this board.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Humility and respect are two words you know nothing about..
Geeze girl...Regina is a vacuum cleaner made in Saint Paul. Vacuum cleaners don't have no respect nor humility...never did...never will.
They just suck dirt...that's their job.
Golly! Do I gotta learn ya everything?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 461,861 - 461,880 of512,329
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••