Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665075 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#478741 Sep 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
UNLESS YOU CAN VALIDATE, GIVE SCRIPTURE FROM THE BIBLE ...
BEFORE US IN THIS FORUM....
THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
WAS THE SOLE/ONLY CHURCH
SET FORTH BY JESUS CHRIST..
AND IT IS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS A FOUNDATION IN GOD'S WORD...
ALL YOUR HISTORY THAT YOU PRESENT IS ZILCH,
"I wish, to all those at Rome whom God loves and has called to be holy, grace and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. And first, I offer thanks to my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, you whose faith is so renowned throughout the world."
Now, give me one verse that validates the authority of a pentecostal protestor who claims to speaj for God, who's been reading the bible for several decades and who lives in Pennsylvania, USA in AD 2013.
~~~
AS USUAL YOU CREATE A DIVERSION AND ATTEMPT TO
CHANGE THE SUBJECT..
___
WHAT i POSTED WAS..
WAS THE SOLE/ONLY CHURCH
AS I EXPECTED YOU HAVE NOT PROOF OR VALIDATION...
The Church at Rome and all the other Churches mentioned in the bible are the Catholic Church. The bible says it. History says it. Every Christian from the beginning acknowledged it. Now, 2000 years later you deny it.

Wher are you mentioned? Where is your community in Pennsylvania mentioned?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#478742 Sep 27, 2013
WHAT i POSTED WAS..
WAS THE SOLE/ONLY CHURCH
SINCE YOU CANNOT SHOW ANY AUTHORITY GIVEN TO THE ROMAN
CATHOLIC CHURCH (IN THE BIBLE )THAT YOU CAN POINT TO
FROM THE SCRIPTURES..
WHY SHOULD ANY ONE LISTEN TO ANY THING YOU HAVE TO SAY?
ALL YOU HAVE IS THE ASSUMPTION OF YOUR CHURCH INTO
A POSITION THAT GOD HAS NOT CREATED...NOT GIVEN ANY ON
ON EARTH...
THE HOLY GHOST IS THE CUSTODIAN OF THE cHURCH IN THE BODILY ABSENCE OF JESUS..
JESUS SAID..
oh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.
~~~
YOU CANNOT CLAIM YOUR POPE TO BE THE HOLY GHOST
ANY MORE THAN MOHAMMED FOLLOWERS CAN CLAIM HE IS.
The Church at Rome is in the bible. St. Paul praises and thanks God for her. He says her faith is known throughout the whole world. Jesus says He would build His Church on St. Peter. Jesus commissioned St. Paul to preach to the gentiles. Sts. Peter and Paul founded the Church at Rome. They were both martyred there by the pagan Roman emperor.

There's no mention of a bible reader in Pennsylvania, USA.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#478743 Sep 27, 2013
"See that ye all follow the bishop, even as Christ Jesus does the Father, and the presbytery as ye would the apostles. Do ye also reverence the deacons, as those that carry out the appointment of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper Eucharist, which is [administered] either by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude also be; by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church." Ignatius of Antioch, Epistle to the Smyrneans, 8:2 (c. A.D. 110).

"[A]ll the people wondered that there should be such a difference between the unbelievers and the elect, of whom this most admirable Polycarp was one, having in our own times been an apostolic and prophetic teacher, and bishop of the Catholic Church which is in Smyrna. For every word that went out of his mouth either has been or shall yet be accomplished." Martyrdom of Polycarp, 16:2 (A.D. 155).

“…to be in honour however with the Catholic Church for the ordering of ecclesiastical discipline...one to the Laodicenes, another to the Alexandrians, both forged in Paul's name to suit the heresy of Marcion, and several others, which cannot be received into the Catholic Church; for it is not fitting that gall be mixed with honey. The Epistle of Jude no doubt, and the couple bearing the name of John, are accepted by the Catholic Church...But of Arsinous, called also Valentinus, or of Militiades we receive nothing at all.” The fragment of Muratori (A.D. 177).

"[N]or does it consist in this, that he should again falsely imagine, as being above this [fancied being], a Pleroma at one time supposed to contain thirty, and at another time an innumerable tribe of Aeons, as these teachers who are destitute of truly divine wisdom maintain; while the Catholic Church possesses one and the same faith throughout the whole world, as we have already said." Irenaeus, Against Heresies, 1:10,3 (A.D. 180).

“For it is evident that those men lived not so long ago,--in the reign of Antoninus for the most part,--and that they at first were believers in the doctrine of the Catholic Church, in the church of Rome under the episcopate of the blessed Eleutherus, until on account of their ever restless curiosity, with which they even infected the brethren, they were more than once expelled.” Tertullian, On the Prescription Against Heretics, 22,30 (A.D. 200).

”Whence you ought to know that the bishop is in the Church, and the Church in the bishop; and if any one be not with the bishop, that he is not in the Church, and that those flatter themselves in vain who creep in, not having peace with God's priests, and think that they communicate secretly with some; while the Church, which is Catholic and one, is not cut nor divided, but is indeed connected and bound together by the cement of priests who cohere with one another.” Cyprian, To Florentius, Epistle 66/67 (A.D. 254).

“But for those who say, There was when He was not, and, Before being born He was not, and that He came into existence out of nothing, or who assert that the Son of God is of a different hypostasis or substance...these the Catholic and apostolic Church anathematizes.” Creed of Nicea (A.D. 325).

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#478744 Sep 27, 2013
marge wrote:
Does this first not prove that being born-again is not from water-baptism;
The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can't tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can't explain how people are born of the Spirit." NLT
The truth hurts, huh?

Don't be dismayed if you were baptized, but instead understand what Jesus said.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."

No baptism there either, huh?

The rituals of men are man's for the taking. The ritual of understanding your Self is for "God".
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#478745 Sep 27, 2013
“Concerning this Holy Catholic Church Paul writes to Timothy,'That thou mayest know haw thou oughtest to behave thyself in the House of God, which is the Church of the Living God, the pillar and ground of the truth'” Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lectures,18:25(A.D. 350).

"[T]he Article, In one Holy Catholic Church,' on which, though one might say many things, we will speak but briefly. It is called Catholic then because it extends over all the world, from one end of the earth to the other; and because it teaches universally and completely one and all the doctrines which ought to come to men's knowledge, concerning things both visible and invisible, heavenly and earthly… for this cause the Faith has securely delivered to thee now the Article, And in one Holy Catholic Church;' that thou mayest avoid their wretched meetings, and ever abide with the Holy Church Catholic in which thou wast regenerated. And if ever thou art sojourning in cities, inquire not simply where the Lord's House is (for the other sects of the profane also attempt to call their own dens houses of the Lord), nor merely where the Church is, but where is the Catholic Church. For this is the peculiar name of this Holy Church, the mother of us all, which is the spouse of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Only-begotten Son of God.” Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lectures, 18:23,26 (A.D. 350).

Albuquerque, NM

#478746 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
THE DISCUSSIONS HERE ARE NOT ABOUT SCIENCE...NOR YOUR VAIN BABBLINGS..
1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.
Then surely you don't believe the passage in the Bible that states man cannot know which way the wind blows.

You are confused.

Don't take the Bible as literal and you will be better off.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

Albuquerque, NM

#478747 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
THE DISCUSSIONS HERE ARE NOT ABOUT SCIENCE...NOR YOUR VAIN BABBLINGS..
1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.
So much for me partaking in any service you are in front of.

You can't even be nice to other believers.

And you call yourSelf a servant of Jesus?

Yeah - sure you are.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#478748 Sep 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church at Rome and all the other Churches mentioned in the bible are the Catholic Church. The bible says it. History says it. Every Christian from the beginning acknowledged it. Now, 2000 years later you deny it.
Wher are you mentioned? Where is your community in Pennsylvania mentioned?
~~~
YOU LIE

YOU CAN'T GIVE BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE TO VALIDATE YOUR CLAIM ABOVE

I KNOW YOU CAN'T BECAUSE IT AINT IN THERE.

ALL YOU HAVE DONE

IS DANCE AROUND MY CHALLENGE

I DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THE CONJECTURE OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...

IT DOES NOT REPRESENT GOD IN CHRIST...ON EARTH

IT ONLY REPRESENTS THE DYNASTY OF CONSTANTINE,,THAT IT HAS KEPT ALIVE

FOR EONS...

IT PRESENT A PLACEBO...A DUKES MIXTURE OF HEATHEN RITUALS CALISTHENICS

AND HOOPS THAT A PERSON HAS TO JUMP THROUGH...THAT THE WORD OF GOD SAYS NOTHING BOUT..

Voiding the Gospel; of Jesus Christ..and replacing it with conjecture..

Albuquerque, NM

#478749 Sep 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting how you, Confrinting (a supposed Christian) continue to attach your anti-catholic vengeance, hostility and hatred toward the TRUE Faith and Salvation of other believers who are the vast majority of Christians (especially Catholics) that believe follow, worship and adhere to the Gospel of Jesus Christ each and every day!!
My foundation is built on Jesus Christ (FIRST and FOREMOST) regardless of the lies that you have become "addicted" to spreading about ALL OF US CATHOLICS. With Peter (as Bishop-"overseer) as HIS (appointed) earthly representative to lead HIS One TRUE Apostolic (Universal-Catholic) Church (Matt 16:13-21) until Jesus returns again for the second time. It is unfortunate that you Confrinting "CONTINUE" to just list (day after day) "selected bible verses" that ONLY fit into your bible only anti-catholic agenda,(blatantly (rejecting) the words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF, with regards to HIS TRUE CHURCH, HIS TRUE BODY AND BLOOD IN THE EUCHARIST and 2000 years of Proven Church History that confirms it ALL. In addition, Paul in his letter to Timothy directs the Christians to THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH (I Tim 3:15).........FURTHERMORE----I f there is ANYONE who continually "thumbs their noses" at the TRUTH, spurning Gods (divinely inspired) eternal Word, you my friend, are WAY OUT IN FRONT of everyone else!!I pray that God will eventually "open your eyes" to the TRUTH of your judging, and condemning of the faith and salvation of other Christians and then (continuously) spreading lies and untruths against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS (Universal-Catholic) Church. THIS ALONE, Confrinting, you will be held "accountable" before Almighty God Our Father and Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior!!!
Shame on you.

You forgot to include the part about "you and the 42000 anti-Catholic denominations...etc...etc... "

I'm disappointed in you.

You are starting to slack.

Albuquerque, NM

#478750 Sep 27, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
One of your statements from your excellent post was
" We really as believers have no right to place the Word of God on levels of human reasoning"
This is the source of so so much of our squabbling.We being our human weakness and passions to Our God's pureness throughout history and this has resulted in hatred,power struggles , suffering, and injustice.
Christ comes into our life. He offers his pure love.We respond by seeking to dissect what He has done and Instead of entering into love and relationship with Him.
We develop entire hierarchies to acquire more and more power based on our view.
The other views become the enemy.
Then we use His gift of salvation as a weapon to hold over peoples' heads.AS human weakness often leads us to do, we get bigger and bigger and more concerned with our beliefs, selling them and defending them.Christ does not then come first.
I am talking about my church- everyone's church.
I am not Sola Scripture whatever than means nowadays, it been defined so many different ways. But I would say it is the purest form of Christ's message.As Orthodox tradition can help us if checked against the Bible.
As far as committees of men getting together to tell me what the Bible says or what the Fathers say, you must always come back to Christ before you accept it at face value.
I believe Orthodox have a tremendous advantage having the tradition but again human weakness mucks it up. Some say this is the tradition. Some say that is the tradition.
And politics and fights among the 5 sees.
We shouldnt worry. As long as we Have Christ we will always have the Light that will burn and purify His message from whatever imperfect form it is handed to us.
Anyway wonderful post Pad. Thanx.
Very honest post Herme - thanks for sharing.

And you are right - Self determines our actions and efforts.

It doesn't matter what description you give yourself if you can be honest enough about how you go about and act and talk of - concerning "faith and belief".

Peace and light to you and yours.

Albuquerque, NM

#478751 Sep 27, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
One of your statements from your excellent post was
" We really as believers have no right to place the Word of God on levels of human reasoning"
This is the source of so so much of our squabbling.We being our human weakness and passions to Our God's pureness throughout history and this has resulted in hatred,power struggles , suffering, and injustice.
Christ comes into our life. He offers his pure love.We respond by seeking to dissect what He has done and Instead of entering into love and relationship with Him.
We develop entire hierarchies to acquire more and more power based on our view.
The other views become the enemy.
Then we use His gift of salvation as a weapon to hold over peoples' heads.AS human weakness often leads us to do, we get bigger and bigger and more concerned with our beliefs, selling them and defending them.Christ does not then come first.
I am talking about my church- everyone's church.
I am not Sola Scripture whatever than means nowadays, it been defined so many different ways. But I would say it is the purest form of Christ's message.As Orthodox tradition can help us if checked against the Bible.
As far as committees of men getting together to tell me what the Bible says or what the Fathers say, you must always come back to Christ before you accept it at face value.
I believe Orthodox have a tremendous advantage having the tradition but again human weakness mucks it up. Some say this is the tradition. Some say that is the tradition.
And politics and fights among the 5 sees.
We shouldnt worry. As long as we Have Christ we will always have the Light that will burn and purify His message from whatever imperfect form it is handed to us.
Anyway wonderful post Pad. Thanx.
IMHO - hojo could benefit from this post greatly.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#478752 Sep 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church at Rome is in the bible. St. Paul praises and thanks God for her. He says her faith is known throughout the whole world. Jesus says He would build His Church on St. Peter. Jesus commissioned St. Paul to preach to the gentiles. Sts. Peter and Paul founded the Church at Rome. They were both martyred there by the pagan Roman emperor.
There's no mention of a bible reader in Pennsylvania, USA.
Yep

...YOUR ROMAN CHURCH IS WRITTEN ABOUT by Paul in Romans Chapter one

READ IT FOR YOURSELF

He wrote

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Rom 1:21 ==> Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,<==

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Rom 1:30 Backbiters,
haters of God,
despiteful,
proud,
boasters,
inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31
Without understanding,
covenantbreakers,
without natural affection,
implacable,
unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

IT'S THERE ALL RIGHT ...JUST AS UNGODLY THEN AS IT IS NOW...
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#478753 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU LIE
YOU CAN'T GIVE BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE TO VALIDATE YOUR CLAIM ABOVE
I KNOW YOU CAN'T BECAUSE IT AINT IN THERE.
ALL YOU HAVE DONE
IS DANCE AROUND MY CHALLENGE
I DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THE CONJECTURE OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
IT DOES NOT REPRESENT GOD IN CHRIST...ON EARTH
IT ONLY REPRESENTS THE DYNASTY OF CONSTANTINE,,THAT IT HAS KEPT ALIVE
FOR EONS...
IT PRESENT A PLACEBO...A DUKES MIXTURE OF HEATHEN RITUALS CALISTHENICS
AND HOOPS THAT A PERSON HAS TO JUMP THROUGH...THAT THE WORD OF GOD SAYS NOTHING BOUT..
Voiding the Gospel; of Jesus Christ..and replacing it with conjecture..
I shall pray for you.

Albuquerque, NM

#478754 Sep 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
"How is it that you only believe in a portion of Jesus and you don't believe Jesus when HE speaks of ......
HIS (Universal) Church in Matthew 16:13-21.
HIS appointing Peter- His Earthly Representative to lead HIS CHURCH
HIS appointment of the Apostles to forgive sin (to bind and loosen)
HIS WORDS regarding HIS TRUE body/blood in John 6:47-59
Hmmmm....odd.
Because I believe in Jesus not men, like you.

Besides - per your own words, the RCC is not in the Bible - "not everything we believe is in the Bible".

DOH!!

Fail.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#478755 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~

___
WAS THE SOLE/ONLY CHURCH
UNLESS YOU CAN VALIDATE AND GIVE SCRIPTURE (book, chapter and verse FROM THE BIBLE BEFORE ALL OF US ON THIS FORUM that Sola Scriptura or bible only was the SOLE SOURCE that was taught and proclaimed in Jesus Christs 1st Churches in the NEW Testament (Antioch, Ephesus, Corinth, Galatia, Thessalonica, etc AND IT IS THE ONLY ONE SOURCE OF FOUNDATION FOR GODS WORD, THEN ALL OF YOUR BIBLE TEACHING AND PREACHING IS ZILCH.----JUST AS I THOUGHT, THERE IS "NO PROOF"!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#478756 Sep 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be the most arrogant woman on this thread. Its clouding your brain.
-I could care less what Lutherans say is inspired scripture and their Bible.
-I also do not care what the post Christian Jews say is inspired when they established a canon in 90 AD.
- Jews living around the time of Christ had no official canon. And the Dead Sea Scrolls prove that the Essenes considered Tobit and Sirach as inspired scripture.
-people like you are exactly why Jesus left us with a Church and not a list of Books. You do not know how to handle the Bible. You're only relevant to you and a few other gullible victims on this thread.
Your constant lies are sickening. I pray for all you buy into your deception.
Btw, do you really believe the Earth is 5,000 yrs old? Lol The next time you call someone an idiot, I'm going to spew out whatever beverage I'm drinking- hopefully its a Heinekin.
"- Jews living around the time of Christ had no official canon."

...but yet you think one should be followed - as decided by other men.

You seem confused or just a hypocrite. I really haven't figured it out yet.

Albuquerque, NM

#478757 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I WOULD EXPECT YOU AS A CO-CONFIRMED INFIDEL TO GLORIFY THE KINGDOM OF CONSTANTINE IN ROME..
....and now the Muslim speaks....

Albuquerque, NM

#478758 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
WAS THE SOLE/ONLY CHURCH
Unless you can validate, by giving a scripture from the Bible that shows where "God" specifically states which texts are "of His inspriation" and those which are not, your voice is that of a liar and is unfounded, and only trying to mislead others with false doctrines.

Albuquerque, NM

#478759 Sep 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
"Billy Graham’s grandson: evangelicals ‘worse’ than Catholics on sex abuse"
"AUSTIN, Texas (RNS) The Christian mission field is a “magnet” for sexual abusers, Boz Tchividjian, a Liberty University law professor who investigates abuse said Thursday (Sept. 26) to a room of journalists.
While comparing evangelicals to Catholics on abuse response,”I think we are worse,” he said at the Religion Newswriters Association conference, saying too many evangelicals had “sacrificed the souls” of young victims.
“Protestants can be very arrogant when pointing to Catholics,” said Tchividjian, a grandson of evangelist Billy Graham and executive director of Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment (GRACE), which has investigated sex abuse allegations.
Earlier this summer, GRACE spearheaded an online petition decrying the “silence” and “inattention” of evangelical leaders to sexual abuse in their churches.
Mission agencies,“where abuse is most prevalent,” often don’t report abuse because they fear being barred from working in foreign countries, he said. Abusers will get sent home and might join another agency. Of known data from abuse cases, 25 percent are repeat cases, he said.
Still, he says, he sees some positive movements among some Protestants. Bob Jones University has hired GRACE to investigate abuse allegations, a move that encourages Tchividjian, a former Florida prosecutor.”That’s like the mothership of fundamentalism,” he said. His grandfather split with Bob Jones in a fundamentalist and evangelical division.
“The Protestant culture is defined by independence,” Tchividjian said. Evangelicals often frown upon transparency and accountability, he said, as many Protestants rely on Scripture more than religious leaders, compared to Catholics.
Abusers discourage whistle-blowing by condemning gossip to try to keep people from reporting abuse, he said. Victims are also told to protect the reputation of Jesus.
Too many Protestant institutions have sacrificed souls in order to protect their institutions, he said.”We’ve got the Gospels backwards,” he said.
Tchividjian said he is speaking with Pepperdine University, a Church of Christ-affiliated school in California, about creating a national GRACE center."
http://www.religionnews.com/2013/09/26/billy-...
"”We’ve got the Gospels backwards,” he said."

'To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus

Jesus got it right - men chose differently and to go another route.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#478760 Sep 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Yep
...YOUR ROMAN CHURCH IS WRITTEN ABOUT by Paul in Romans Chapter one
READ IT FOR YOURSELF
He wrote
Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21 ==> Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,<==
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters,
haters of God,
despiteful,
proud,
boasters,
inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31
Without understanding,
covenantbreakers,
without natural affection,
implacable,
unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
IT'S THERE ALL RIGHT ...JUST AS UNGODLY THEN AS IT IS NOW...
Nope. Why would he praise and thank God for the Church at Rome and then preach against them. He wouldn't. Of course, these were the non-Christian pagans who were persecuting the Catholic Christians in the Church at Rome.

Nice try confrinting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... 21 hr Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Wed Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,376
News Pope Francis confers Ratzinger Prizes, pays tri... Nov 29 narako 1
News Opening abortion forgiveness wins praise for Po... Nov 28 GlitterSucks in H... 1
More from around the web