Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
461,761 - 461,780 of 533,252 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Geeze girl...Regina is a vacuum cleaner made in Saint Paul. Vacuum cleaners don't have no respect nor humility...never did...never will.
They just suck dirt...that's their job.
Golly! Do I gotta learn ya everything?
whaaa whooo I am in need of a new vacume for my shed out back....lol
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Geeze girl...Regina is a vacuum cleaner made in Saint Paul. Vacuum cleaners don't have no respect nor humility...never did...never will.
They just suck dirt...that's their job.
Golly! Do I gotta learn ya everything?
More heartfelt sincerity from you, I see. Now I understand why they....yes, why they, indeed. Thanks for proving me right.
What a filthy mouth you have. Seems I'm not the first one to tell you that today. You two have a nice time cuddling up, now.
Thanks, again!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
But we know who's behind that deception, don't we? It's pretty obvious, as are they.
Jesus is behind my posts.

Who's "behind that deception" that you think you know is?

Please post, I'm dying to find out!!

*sighs*

I'll pray for you to receive the truth.

Father of everyone, please give Regina the power to seek you in truth and not throught he precepts of men.

Amen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
Orthodoxy is the Church founded by Christ for the salvation of mankind, and therefore we should guard with our life the purity of its teaching and our own faithfulness to it. In the Orthodox Church alone is grace given through the sacraments (most other churches don’t even claim to have sacraments in any serious sense).
THE ORTHODOX CHURCH ALONE IS THE BODY OF CHRIST, and
if salvation is difficult enough within the Orthodox Church, how much more difficult must it be outside the Church!
http://thehandmaid.wordpress.com/holy-orthodo...
How can anyone in good conscience claim that the Catholic Church is "arrogant" when the Orthodox Church teaches and preaches and believes the exact same thing??
You can't. Not in good conscience. Not with any honesty.
But you'll ignore it and pretend they don't teach the same thing.
Because of anti-Catholic bigotry.
Pure and simple.
Because you want to live with each other without being married. You want to have the "freedom" to abort your babies. You want to "marry" men to men and women to women. You want to divorce and remarry at will. You want to contracept. You want to do any number of things that God said you are not to do and the Catholic Church is your most vocal opponent.
That's why you have no integrity and insist the Church is being arrogant in stating the truth.
And you have lots of company in *your* arrogance. You call them "friends".
well number one...the orthodox church is the the subject of this forum and 2...nick and I seem to be the only orthodox here and we don't brag about the churches position because that is not what is suppose to be done....Pride remember...now when it comes to defending our beliefs .....you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink it...GOT IT OR IS THIS ABOUVE YOUR HEAD!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You are not the victim here....you were never the friend you claimed to be.If indeed this is all my fault then why are you not more concerned about making a mends if you truly believe that I am in the wrong than why do you only spend more time defend yourselve than trying to make me believe that it is a mistake on my part...Why? I will tell you why....BECAUSE YOU ARE A LIAR....WHY... BECAUSE OF PRIDE....Why would I abandon you as my friend if indeed you were there to comfort me while nick was dieing? Does that make sense to you? I am a compassionate person ,,,But Lies I wont tolerate......by pass us and we will by pass u...
No.

I am not lying.

It was you who denied what actually happened. Not I.

This is not a game. You have sought to smear me on this forum. What you've done is sinful and you're persisting in it. Now you have your friends making lewd and disgusting comments to me.

I refuse to argue with you any longer. You are in the wrong on this. I am not. That's all there is to it. Now take it to your filthy mouthed friends because I have no use for it or you. You have my pity. I'm finished here.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
Orthodoxy is the Church founded by Christ for the salvation of mankind, and therefore we should guard with our life the purity of its teaching and our own faithfulness to it. In the Orthodox Church alone is grace given through the sacraments (most other churches don’t even claim to have sacraments in any serious sense).
THE ORTHODOX CHURCH ALONE IS THE BODY OF CHRIST, and
if salvation is difficult enough within the Orthodox Church, how much more difficult must it be outside the Church!
http://thehandmaid.wordpress.com/holy-orthodo...
How can anyone in good conscience claim that the Catholic Church is "arrogant" when the Orthodox Church teaches and preaches and believes the exact same thing??
You can't. Not in good conscience. Not with any honesty.
But you'll ignore it and pretend they don't teach the same thing.
Because of anti-Catholic bigotry.
Pure and simple.
Because you want to live with each other without being married. You want to have the "freedom" to abort your babies. You want to "marry" men to men and women to women. You want to divorce and remarry at will. You want to contracept. You want to do any number of things that God said you are not to do and the Catholic Church is your most vocal opponent.
That's why you have no integrity and insist the Church is being arrogant in stating the truth.
And you have lots of company in *your* arrogance. You call them "friends".
Regina
When you quoted the link why did you leave out the rest of the quote, ie

Fr. Seraphim answered as follows:

I was happy to receive your letter—happy not because you are confused about the question that troubles you, but because your attitude reveals that in the truth of Orthodoxy to which you are drawn you wish to find room also for a loving, compassionate attitude to those outside the Orthodox Faith.

I firmly believe that this is indeed what Orthodoxy teaches….

I will set forth briefly what I believe to be the Orthodox attitude towards non-Orthodox Christians.

1. Orthodoxy is the Church founded by Christ for the salvation of mankind, and therefore we should guard with our life the purity of its teaching and our own faithfulness to it. In the Orthodox Church alone is grace given through the sacraments (most other churches don’t even claim to have sacraments in any serious sense). The Orthodox Church alone is the Body of Christ, and if salvation is difficult enough within the Orthodox Church, how much more difficult must it be outside the Church!

2. However, it is not for us to define the state of those who are outside the Orthodox Church. If God wishes to grant salvation to some who are Christians in the best way they know, but without ever knowing the Orthodox Church—that is up to Him, not us. But when He does this, it is outside the normal way that He established for salvation—which is in the Church, as a part of the Body of Christ. I myself can accept the experience of Protestants being ‘born-again’ in Christ; I have met people who have changed their lives entirely through meeting Christ, and I cannot deny their experience just because they are not Orthodox.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
More heartfelt sincerity from you, I see. Now I understand why they....yes, why they, indeed. Thanks for proving me right.
What a filthy mouth you have. Seems I'm not the first one to tell you that today. You two have a nice time cuddling up, now.
Thanks, again!!
CUDDLING UP?...I bet that's something you haven't done in a long time....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is behind my posts.
Who's "behind that deception" that you think you know is?
Please post, I'm dying to find out!!
*sighs*
I'll pray for you to receive the truth.
Father of everyone, please give Regina the power to seek you in truth and not throught he precepts of men.
Amen.
she is talking about the devil being behind nick and my post.....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
john telling Karen that she isn't Saved.
John from NJ
Since: May 08
Belle Mead, NJ
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010
Judged:
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Afraid of facing the truth?????
I believe what the Holy Word say's.
As far as denigrating what you believe,I am not.
I have been defending my faith.
You are the one that keeps telling me that I am not in the church.
That is denigrating my beliefs.
I believe that it's the Lords place to say who is in the church.
Not your place.
Believe what you want John.
Blessings.
The truth is that you follow Baptist TRADITION.
You refuse to accept that. But you do.
As for you not being in the Church, you are not. Sorry. You don't have the Apostolic Faith and you are not in communion with the Church. All the promises that were made to the Church were made to the Church, not anyone and everyone.
That is simply a fact.
Now God is merciful and He may still save you but he doesn't have to. I hope He does but He is free to do as He wants.
Yes!!!!!!! Thank you Preston

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

John from NJ

Since: May 08

Belle Mead, NJ

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Judged:

Mark wrote:

<quoted text>Ok John, I thought we both were in schism. I don't know alot about this but my understanding was over the definition of Peter being equal to other Apostles or on the same level, I know this is an overly simplified example. And I understand both sides excommunicated each other.
http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2006/0601fea ...
You continue to refer to a statement being put out of both East and West. Is ecumenism close?

The person I replied to, "Catholic Patriot" is one of the few idiot Roman Catholics who come here. I have little patience with fools and he is one of them. I still remember him saying that the Greeks translated the Vulgate into Greek to get the New Testament. So I like to poke a stick when he goes off with some of his nonsense.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, again!!
There's nothing filthy in that post at all...do you want to hear "filthy"?
Your "name" is "filth"
Own it sister.
Clay

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No we do not confess our sins to a priest. a priest stand besides us as we confess to God....proud of your self for starting this mess...just wondering....you have evil intentions and so doesn't dusty hojo and whats her face....
Your priest is functioning in the same capacity as mine, regardless of where you're standing. Sera, I'm certain your sacrament of Confession is the same. It looks like I have to ask an Orthodox myself now.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
John was very feisty, not always correct but he tried.
Full of Love
Since: Feb 08
Location hidden
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010
Judged:
John from NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your Tradition then, for it is how you do your so called communion service.
Your services are lead by your pastor.
St. James, the brother of the Lord, wrote a Liturgy that we still use. Complete with prayers that were said. It wasn't a free for all as you seem to enjoy. Do you think you know better than St. James, the bishop of Jerusalem mentioned in the Bible?
I guess you do.
I aint arguing with you John.
Remember what I said?
Notice,I didn't say anything about how your church conducts your service.
If that's how y'all do it,then that is your buisness.
I thought that would end the discussion.
But nooooo,you just keep it going.
Think what you want John.
If you believe I'm not in the church,then have at it.
I think it's time we stop dragging a good man like John into these discussions. He is with Christ now and I don't think he appreciates us using him as weapon against each other.
Clay

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>someday, I may go back and find the post that mary was making to him and how he responded. AND THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO EAT YOUR WORDS.
I don't doubt you could go back and find many episodes of heated exchanges. In fact, I believe you probably will. I'm not sure what that will show ... The only way to get an idea is to read them all, not pick a few ugly ones out.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>are you forgetting the imdulgence for those already in purgatory that will shorten their time in purgatory???

I know I learned THAT ..even though I supposedly either didn't go o Catholic school ..why anyone would lie about THAT FOR 5 years,..I have no idea,..

Or I didn't learn what I KNOW, I LEARNED ..And have pulled out my OLD,CATECHISM to prove it ..

Hard-earned you could get indulgences,for people who died like my father ..But Cannot remember the specifics ..But I tried to follow the rules...prayers were one thing though

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Still incorrect Anthony.
I don't believe men. Especially those who lived 2000 years ago, and everything they supposedly said is only from the 4th C.
Yes Anthony - there are no exisiting NT texts earlier than the 4th C. whether you think there is or not, is really irrelevant.
You are also incorrect with your statement here:
"You believe the men who rejected what those men said."
- HUH? I'll utilize the Apostles that were taught by Jesus and you now say I reject them?
You are confused and blatantly showing your arrogance, with you thinking you know what I believe and don't.
Are you psychic?
Neither of us have the originals. You're in the same boat NASL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I am not lying.
It was you who denied what actually happened. Not I.
This is not a game. You have sought to smear me on this forum. What you've done is sinful and you're persisting in it. Now you have your friends making lewd and disgusting comments to me.
I refuse to argue with you any longer. You are in the wrong on this. I am not. That's all there is to it. Now take it to your filthy mouthed friends because I have no use for it or you. You have my pity. I'm finished here.
I do not control someone else's post on this forum and if anyone fines the need to attack you so be it....You are the most disliked person here you history proves it.....You abandon the friendship when nick was in the hospital...WHY DIDNT YOU FOLLOW UP WITH A CALL AFTER A WEEK, WHY DIDNT DIDNT YOU CHECK UP...ANSWER...YOU DIDNT CARE..PERIOD...a one saide friendship never works.And it has nothing to do with you being catholic either...its about you as a person.Its a game to you because you throw out the bait hopeing I bite then you attack.You say you have no use for me...well I guess you don't want to be my room mate any more...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your priest is functioning in the same capacity as mine, regardless of where you're standing. Sera, I'm certain your sacrament of Confession is the same. It looks like I have to ask an Orthodox myself now.
ask regina she has all the answers...trouble maker..
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> There's nothing filthy in that post at all...do you want to hear "filthy"?
Your "name" is "filth"
Own it sister.
Oh, she's gonna love this one, you charmer, you!!

Keep letting us know more about you. You're doing fine.

(What's the matter, did topix tell you to clean up your language?)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's time we stop dragging a good man like John into these discussions. He is with Christ now and I don't think he appreciates us using him as weapon against each other.
agreed....it was needed to prove a point.Thanku for the change..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 34 min Ecko 8,184
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 9 hr Tamules r TERRORISTS 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
•••
•••