Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654234 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#478408 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
John was very feisty, not always correct but he tried.
Full of Love
Since: Feb 08
Location hidden
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010
Judged:
John from NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your Tradition then, for it is how you do your so called communion service.
Your services are lead by your pastor.
St. James, the brother of the Lord, wrote a Liturgy that we still use. Complete with prayers that were said. It wasn't a free for all as you seem to enjoy. Do you think you know better than St. James, the bishop of Jerusalem mentioned in the Bible?
I guess you do.
I aint arguing with you John.
Remember what I said?
Notice,I didn't say anything about how your church conducts your service.
If that's how y'all do it,then that is your buisness.
I thought that would end the discussion.
But nooooo,you just keep it going.
Think what you want John.
If you believe I'm not in the church,then have at it.
I think it's time we stop dragging a good man like John into these discussions. He is with Christ now and I don't think he appreciates us using him as weapon against each other.
Clay

United States

#478409 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>someday, I may go back and find the post that mary was making to him and how he responded. AND THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO EAT YOUR WORDS.
I don't doubt you could go back and find many episodes of heated exchanges. In fact, I believe you probably will. I'm not sure what that will show ... The only way to get an idea is to read them all, not pick a few ugly ones out.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#478410 Sep 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>are you forgetting the imdulgence for those already in purgatory that will shorten their time in purgatory???

I know I learned THAT ..even though I supposedly either didn't go o Catholic school ..why anyone would lie about THAT FOR 5 years,..I have no idea,..

Or I didn't learn what I KNOW, I LEARNED ..And have pulled out my OLD,CATECHISM to prove it ..

Hard-earned you could get indulgences,for people who died like my father ..But Cannot remember the specifics ..But I tried to follow the rules...prayers were one thing though

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#478411 Sep 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Still incorrect Anthony.
I don't believe men. Especially those who lived 2000 years ago, and everything they supposedly said is only from the 4th C.
Yes Anthony - there are no exisiting NT texts earlier than the 4th C. whether you think there is or not, is really irrelevant.
You are also incorrect with your statement here:
"You believe the men who rejected what those men said."
- HUH? I'll utilize the Apostles that were taught by Jesus and you now say I reject them?
You are confused and blatantly showing your arrogance, with you thinking you know what I believe and don't.
Are you psychic?
Neither of us have the originals. You're in the same boat NASL.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478412 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I am not lying.
It was you who denied what actually happened. Not I.
This is not a game. You have sought to smear me on this forum. What you've done is sinful and you're persisting in it. Now you have your friends making lewd and disgusting comments to me.
I refuse to argue with you any longer. You are in the wrong on this. I am not. That's all there is to it. Now take it to your filthy mouthed friends because I have no use for it or you. You have my pity. I'm finished here.
I do not control someone else's post on this forum and if anyone fines the need to attack you so be it....You are the most disliked person here you history proves it.....You abandon the friendship when nick was in the hospital...WHY DIDNT YOU FOLLOW UP WITH A CALL AFTER A WEEK, WHY DIDNT DIDNT YOU CHECK UP...ANSWER...YOU DIDNT CARE..PERIOD...a one saide friendship never works.And it has nothing to do with you being catholic either...its about you as a person.Its a game to you because you throw out the bait hopeing I bite then you attack.You say you have no use for me...well I guess you don't want to be my room mate any more...

Location hidden

#478413 Sep 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your priest is functioning in the same capacity as mine, regardless of where you're standing. Sera, I'm certain your sacrament of Confession is the same. It looks like I have to ask an Orthodox myself now.
ask regina she has all the answers...trouble maker..
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478414 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> There's nothing filthy in that post at all...do you want to hear "filthy"?
Your "name" is "filth"
Own it sister.
Oh, she's gonna love this one, you charmer, you!!

Keep letting us know more about you. You're doing fine.

(What's the matter, did topix tell you to clean up your language?)

Location hidden

#478415 Sep 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's time we stop dragging a good man like John into these discussions. He is with Christ now and I don't think he appreciates us using him as weapon against each other.
agreed....it was needed to prove a point.Thanku for the change..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#478416 Sep 25, 2013
here is what DS is saying about john and the orthodoxy faith. no difference today a s to what he says to Hermi.
Full of Love wrote:

<quoted text>
Really?
John from NJ
Since: May 08
Belle Mead, NJ
Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Aug 12, 2009
Judged:
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words the Orthodox talk out both ends like alot of Protestants. What was proclaimed and the dance today are different. I did not present the whole article but leave it to you to pick out the b.s. they were careful, which was the after thought not what was said as the article explains. However then you go and dance with an opinion of one well it really didnt matter because it doesnt mean filoloque and Papacy. lol Well that changes everything? NOT LOL Gee one minute the filoloque is nothing the next its a big deal. More Protestant Orthodoxy. They stated it. Nobody Objected at its use at Trent during or after and spare us the empty you werent there like a bunch of Pharisees hanging around Jesus. Apparently it needs to be told what you believe because you obviously dont know with your revisionism. Dance around transubstantiation all you want. BTW without Rome you have no council of any meaning. Keep on pretending it was a 4 to 1 split another historical revision already proven wrong. Why not you were responsible for just about every heresy there was in the Church Period.
My you are funny tonight.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#478417 Sep 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
Pope Francis said:

"The Holy Spirit, which we all have received in Baptism and also in the Sacrament of Confirmation."
Cool - I rcvd a double dose of the HS!!

WHEW-WHEW!!

And many of you think otherwise.

Shame on you.

Albuquerque, NM

#478418 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't buried in a Catholic cemetery. What makes you think he was? I happen to know where he was buried. So does Anthony. You don't even know what his name was.
He is the perfect candidate to come back in Spirit to tell us all about what he found.

But will he? Probably not, huh?

I'll keep praying he does. I'll throw in some prayers for you too, k?

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#478419 Sep 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>We can all agree that to be nosy,or busy boddies and so on is wrong,and that as a whole all christians should avoid those things.
Self.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Unity in the Church is Christ,not what we do or practice.
"not what we do or practice"
- Requires a decision by a person - Self.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Christ is the only Person who brings about a unity of mind,soul and spirit,
...only if the person allows it - which is, again, Self.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The semantics of what we all believe,and the practices,or traditions easily can beset us,
Self.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>but the Person of Christ in the Power of the Holy Spirit is our Unity!
"the Person in Christ" - requires an action taken by a person to achieve this.

Again - you are talking about the Self.

Why do you promote it with pretty much every statement, but refuse to accept it exists?

Jesus didn't reject it, why do you?

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus

Location hidden

#478420 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, okay,'hermie', whatever you want to believe. If it makes you feel good, and it obviously does, do it. I know what happened, God knows what happened, and so do a few friends here, that's all that matters. He also knows you're spinning and twisting. Honestly, I really don't much care. The only reason why I bring it up is because you both made a big stink about how none of the Catholics offered to help her or prayed for you, when, in fact, that wasn't true. But, of course, everybody else is always lying except for you two (oh, and presto, lol). It was pretty shocking when I first heard her deny it, but now I know better and the shock has worn off. Now I'm just disgusted with you both. Other than that, do whatever you have to do to justify your bad behavior. You always do. It's better if I just ignore you.
your right God knows your lying and whom ever you told on this forum is called 'hearsay"
.....they heard your side..the lieing side...yes what ers is that you convince your buddies that your telling the truth and I am the liar...you really are not a practicing catholic are you? You go thru the motions but don't have the soul or the spirit with you...how sad....and you drag your fellow catholic friends down with you even more sad....if they would only get wise and understand that there are catholics like you that lie and are deceitful and give all catholics a bad name...there is nothing Christ like about you..

Albuquerque, NM

#478421 Sep 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>What a deception. You talked to my wife when I was flighted because you two were exchanging calls anyway at the time. And most of the time you really didnt have time to hear about my condition because you would switch the coonversation on your own self focused problems when she had a dying husband on her hands.
Herme - you can't die. We are gods!

;o)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478422 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, she's gonna love this one, you charmer, you!!
Keep letting us know more about you. You're doing fine.
(What's the matter, did topix tell you to clean up your language?)
Hardly little girl. Did topix tell to clean up your lies? Keep letting us know more about you, you charmer. You're doing fine.

Location hidden

#478423 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
here is what DS is saying about john and the orthodoxy faith. no difference today a s to what he says to Hermi.
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
John from NJ
Since: May 08
Belle Mead, NJ
Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Aug 12, 2009
Judged:
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words the Orthodox talk out both ends like alot of Protestants. What was proclaimed and the dance today are different. I did not present the whole article but leave it to you to pick out the b.s. they were careful, which was the after thought not what was said as the article explains. However then you go and dance with an opinion of one well it really didnt matter because it doesnt mean filoloque and Papacy. lol Well that changes everything? NOT LOL Gee one minute the filoloque is nothing the next its a big deal. More Protestant Orthodoxy. They stated it. Nobody Objected at its use at Trent during or after and spare us the empty you werent there like a bunch of Pharisees hanging around Jesus. Apparently it needs to be told what you believe because you obviously dont know with your revisionism. Dance around transubstantiation all you want. BTW without Rome you have no council of any meaning. Keep on pretending it was a 4 to 1 split another historical revision already proven wrong. Why not you were responsible for just about every heresy there was in the Church Period.
My you are funny tonight.
is there a way for u to email this to me I?

Albuquerque, NM

#478424 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That might be the agenda of some. However it is NOT the agenda of all. You are misrepresenting a faction of believers and non believers in this forum. Your insinuation is disingenuous and misleading. There are some here that are trying to discover the actual "truth" of it all.
Perhaps you might do well to pay attention to those who have done more and/or better research than you.
Just say'n...
Another helpful post by BT42 - worth posting a second time.

Thanks BT42!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#478425 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I do not control someone else's post on this forum and if anyone fines the need to attack you so be it....You are the most disliked person here you history proves it.....You abandon the friendship when nick was in the hospital...WHY DIDNT YOU FOLLOW UP WITH A CALL AFTER A WEEK, WHY DIDNT DIDNT YOU CHECK UP...ANSWER...YOU DIDNT CARE..PERIOD...a one saide friendship never works.And it has nothing to do with you being catholic either...its about you as a person.Its a game to you because you throw out the bait hopeing I bite then you attack.You say you have no use for me...well I guess you don't want to be my room mate any more...
Alright, let's knock this off. None of us are building up any treasures here, including me. I think it'd be a good thing if we all took a step back, apologize for our offenses and make an attempt at civil discourse. I have a lot of down time in my business and enjoy spending it here, but I find this acrimony isn't helping me in my spiritual life, and I think we all need help in that area. If we're sincere in that respect, it'll benefit us all. Even though we disagree, we all profess to be Christians and know that this isn't what Christ asks of us.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#478426 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear. The "Church of Christ" was the very first "organized" church, and it was in Jerusalem. I am not positive about the date, but it was about 47 A.D. Don't let anyone fool you.
Cathaholics don't like that simple fact. "Paul" even made reference to it. I believe if you really look deep enough, you will find "Greek" reference to it that would be "contemporary". Perhaps Hermie is already aware of what I am saying and attest to the truth of it. I don't know that he knows, and do not wish to put words in his mouth...that would be unfair of me, but I do know what I have learned from a college of scholars, and that is accepted fact.
==========

The first Christian Church was founded in 33AD in Jerusalem immediately following the Resurrection and Ascension of Christ .

This Church despite the persecutions of the apostles and the internal strife between the Hellenists and the Jewish Christians gradually grew larger and in a short time was recognized by all the Christians as the Mother of all the Churches.

The Christian community in Jerusalem, where Jesus, many of the twelve Apostles and many eye-witnesses originally lived, had a special position among Christian communities.

Jewish Christians were among the earliest followers of Jesus and an important part of Judean society during the mid to late 1st Century. This movement was centered around JERUSALEM and led by JAMES THE JUST

The first Council was held in Jerusalem. In or around the year 50, the apostles convened the first church council, known as the Council of Jerusalem.

The heart of the Jesus movement was Jerusalem until a few years before the destruction of the Temple in 70 ce.

Once the temple was destroyed its anchor to the Jewish culture severed and it began its transition from a Jewish movement to a new universal religion anchored not to a culture, but to a doctrinal system.

The events of A.D. 60-70 must inevitably have transformed the Christian Church. With the great leaders of the first generation for the most part dead or in extreme old age, and Jerusalem in ruins, the Judaean church ceased to occupy the centre of the stage, and the new and by now overwhelmingly Gentile churches entered upon a period of consolidation and further expansion in which guidance and authority had to be sought elsewhere.

It appears that the first stop for the leadership of the JESUS movement after it left JERUSALEM was 1 PELLA; and from there it shifted to 2 ANTIOCH.

After Stephen's martyrdom in Jerusalem A.D. 165, some of the disciples scattered to Antioch and started preaching to the Greeks. When the Christians in Jerusalem heard that many people in Antioch were becoming believers in Christ, they sent Barnabas there, who in turn brought Paul, to help the new converts (Acts 11:19-26). The Christian population at Antioch was estimated by Chrysostom at about 100,000 people at the time of Theodosius I.

Within a few years significant groups also existed in Rome and Alexandria.

In the 4TH Century Rome would become the dominant center with the help of the Constantine, emperor of the Roman Empire.

The difficulty was that in the fourth century Jerusalem was just a small town, very remote, not much going for it apart from the fact of its historical origins and so on and, therefore, giving it a status equal to the other great cities of the Roman Empire would put a terrible financial burden on the church.

Rome was the most important city in the world at the time of Paul. It had a vast army.That army controlled all the countries that surround the Mediterranean Sea. So the rulers of Rome were extremely powerful and wealthy. They employed many people. Many slaves had to work in Rome. And Rome was also an important city for trade.

Albuquerque, NM

#478427 Sep 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're focusing way to much on the rites we practice. Well, in that sense, the Roman Catholic rite is very different than the Byzantine rite, yet both are in the Catholic Church and recognize the authority of the Bishop of Rome.
I'm quit certain your sacraments have the exact same meaning as ours according to our respective Bishops. Am I wrong?
Before or after 1054 CE?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Truthmakeyafreebaby 10,208
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web