Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687460 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478378 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>you claimed to have the phone records also remember and I asked you to post them!...we talked on the phone up until nick was life flighted...that was it...never heard from you again even after your storm...u never called to ask me about nick NOTHING...THATS WHAT A FRIEND YOU REALLY WERE...NOTHING 3 WEEKS AND AFTER MONTHS WENT BY...GO PLAY THE HOLIER THAN THO TO SOMEONE ELSE THAT DOESNT KNOW YOU...better yet get a check up cuz your not all there.....
Oh, dear. NO....I did not claim to have the phone records. You obviously didn't read my post or else have some other problem.

You're too caught up in yourselves. There are other people in the world, you know. I really am sorry for you, truly.

Well, enough of your nonsense.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#478379 Sep 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your welcome!I love bagels by the way,as a matter of fact I like them better than most breads.Although a good homemade loaf of bread is unbeatable.We do not want to get into too much on what is the best thing to put on bagels and homemade bread,it is too much for me to bear.
My grandmother whom I grew up with most of my life was Slovak,and she baked gorgeous black breads,pumpernikle and high topped white breads.(RYE I must also include).So I know all about perogies,Ham and Cabbage,Dince de Vani Meso,Keilbasa with potatoes,cabbage,carrots,beets ,all accompanied with homemade breads.
We lived near a Jewish bakery,they were from Germany,the cakes,pies and struedels(my grandmother made also)turnovers,pies were phenominal.The bagels were smaller than what we see in the Mid-west,very round shiny,when toasted fabulous.Cheese cakes forget it,the Cheesecake factory now popular in Chicago are similar.What can I say! I hope you guys don't go and overdose on that stuff now.Let's invite Dust Storm as well,he is probably a great guy,a little bit on the radical Catholic side,but knows how to have a good time as well.I am not fat by the way,surprising that I came from such a fun eating family!
My all-time favorite was mischbrot which I ate everyday while in Germany, although brotchen was a very close second. There was a bakery in the town next to me here in Minnesota that was owned by a German immigrant who made both exactly as it is in Germany and when he passed away a few years ago they had to close it down. Last week I heard it's going to be re-opened with all the same recipes he used. Who knows if they'll be able to pull it off, but I sure hope so.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#478380 Sep 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What diversion?
It's the same question you demand response to.
No it isn't. Anthony is questioning my beliefs - as to what biblical books I reject.

My beliefs are off-topic.

I'll answer his question when every Catholic and Protestant on this forum answers these:

1. following all of what Jesus taught - canon and non-canonical - they are still teachings by Jesus

2. Disregard "Paul's teaching" and begin following Jesus

3. Admit that the so-called "Church" involves anyone who believes in what jesus taught.
- Since most so-called "Christians" don't, this will be a hard one to admit through honesty

4. The only "true church" is the Spirit - within each of us.

5. Self is why things happen, not because of "God".

Can you be this honest? Your salvation is at stake.

Location hidden

#478381 Sep 25, 2013
John was very feisty, not always correct but he tried.

Full of Love

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

Judged:

John from NJ wrote:

<quoted text>
You have your Tradition then, for it is how you do your so called communion service.
Your services are lead by your pastor.
St. James, the brother of the Lord, wrote a Liturgy that we still use. Complete with prayers that were said. It wasn't a free for all as you seem to enjoy. Do you think you know better than St. James, the bishop of Jerusalem mentioned in the Bible?
I guess you do.
I aint arguing with you John.

Remember what I said?

Notice,I didn't say anything about how your church conducts your service.
If that's how y'all do it,then that is your buisness.

I thought that would end the discussion.

But nooooo,you just keep it going.

Think what you want John.

If you believe I'm not in the church,then have at it.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478382 Sep 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, I could give you dozens of NT quotes that refer to the Scripture we already had, here is just one;
John 5:39
"You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me!
Would it be possible for you to cite the Scripture passages that Jesus used when he quoted from the Greek Septuagint (LXX) and what Septuagint passages are clearly alluded to in the New Testament?
Answer

If this magazine were about ten pages longer, perhaps. Of the places where the New Testament quotes the Old, the great majority is from the Septuagint version. Protestant authors Archer and Chirichigno list 340 places where the New Testament cites the Septuagint but only 33 places where it cites from the Masoretic Text rather than the Septuagint (G. Archer and G. C. Chirichigno, Old Testament Quotations in the New Testament: A Complete Survey, 25-32).
http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/in-whi...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#478383 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Orthodoxy is the Church founded by Christ for the salvation of mankind, and therefore we should guard with our life the purity of its teaching and our own faithfulness to it. In the Orthodox Church alone is grace given through the sacraments (most other churches don’t even claim to have sacraments in any serious sense).
THE ORTHODOX CHURCH ALONE IS THE BODY OF CHRIST, and
if salvation is difficult enough within the Orthodox Church, how much more difficult must it be outside the Church!
http://thehandmaid.wordpress.com/holy-orthodo...
How can anyone in good conscience claim that the Catholic Church is "arrogant" when the Orthodox Church teaches and preaches and believes the exact same thing??
You can't. Not in good conscience. Not with any honesty.
But you'll ignore it and pretend they don't teach the same thing.
Because of anti-Catholic bigotry.
Pure and simple.
Because you want to live with each other without being married. You want to have the "freedom" to abort your babies. You want to "marry" men to men and women to women. You want to divorce and remarry at will. You want to contracept. You want to do any number of things that God said you are not to do and the Catholic Church is your most vocal opponent.
That's why you have no integrity and insist the Church is being arrogant in stating the truth.
And you have lots of company in *your* arrogance. You call them "friends".
The Orthodox have varying beliefs re those outside the church. As always there are those who believe those outside the Church are not saved . There are those who believe that God saves whom He will, there are those who believe that those who are in the Ortho church and leave risk their salvation, there are those who believe we cannot know and should not speak about it.Last time I checked we had no 2 popes declaring 2 opposite teachings regarding this, so I dont think we teach "the same thing"I would give you more research and details and specifics re the names of the pronouncements but I have to watch Chug Chug Chuggington.

The Holy Orthodox Church is the repository of the divinely revealed Truth in all its fullness and fidelity to apostolic Tradition. Hence, he who leaves the Church, who intentionally and consciously falls away from it, joins the ranks of its opponents and becomes a renegade as regards apostolic Tradition. The Church dreadfully anathematized such renegades, in accordance with the words of the Saviour Himself (Matt. 18:17) and of the Apostle Paul (Gal. 1:8-9), threatening them with e ternal damnation and calling them to return to the Orthodox fold. It is self evident, however, that sincere Christians who are Roman Catholics, or Lutherans, or members, of other non-Orthodox confessions, cannot be termed renegades or heretics—i.e. those whoknowingly pervert the truth…* They have been born and raised and are living according to the creed which they have inherited, just as do the majority of you who are Orthodox; in their lives there has not been a moment of personal and conscious renunciation of Orthodoxy. The Lord,“Who will have all men to be saved”(I Tim. 2:4) and “Who enlightens every man born into the world”(Jn. 1.43), undoubtedly is leading them also towards salvation In His own way
Metropolitan Saint Philaret

“You ask, will the heterodox be saved… Why do you worry about them? They have a Savior Who desires the salvation of every human being. He will take care of them. You and I should not be burdened with such a concern. Study yourself and your own sins… I will tell you one thing, however: should you, being Orthodox and possessing the Truth in its fullness, betray Orthodoxy, and enter a different faith, you will lose your soul forever.” Theophan the Recluse.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478384 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I don't like to talk about this in front of this whole board. It's unseemly to argue this way, but there's no other choice. I'm not looking for thanks or any of that. But I do know what occurred and you then stated publicly that it never did and you attacked me over it and are still doing so. I was shocked. As I just told 'hermie', the shock has now worn off and disgust is left in its place. I don't know why you did what you did, but it was ugly. It's left a very bad taste in my mouth.
You are not the victim here....you were never the friend you claimed to be.If indeed this is all my fault then why are you not more concerned about making a mends if you truly believe that I am in the wrong than why do you only spend more time defend yourselve than trying to make me believe that it is a mistake on my part...Why? I will tell you why....BECAUSE YOU ARE A LIAR....WHY... BECAUSE OF PRIDE....Why would I abandon you as my friend if indeed you were there to comfort me while nick was dieing? Does that make sense to you? I am a compassionate person ,,,But Lies I wont tolerate......by pass us and we will by pass u...

Albuquerque, NM

#478385 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina! It should be obvious to any of us Catholics on this forum that Protestant bible only "fundies" are now attempting to cause division among us Catholics and our other Catholic brothers and sisters in Christ...by distorting and lying about "what they claim we have said in the past" regarding the teachings of the Catholic Church, as they are making a blatant effort in attempting to "pit us against each other"......
Nope - wrong again. I'm not pitting you against anyone.

I'm just posting where you are blatantly wrong and making sure your co-patriots understand this, so they don'tmake the same mistake you do with every post you make.

There - is that clearer for you to understand.

Good.

Stop your whining and get over yourSelf.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478386 Sep 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Expecting honesty?
LOL!!
You funny guy!
Catholics shelf their honesty, so they can believe what is given them to believe.
Remember - they claim that there isn't any Self involved, so they believe that they received all of the faith and grace from "God". Received through some magical moment, that they were not even part of. Well except for the cowboy, he claims sometime in the 80s the HS came to him. He is still yet to prove this or any claim, but repeats it emphatically. I think that is just his way of lying and circumventing the semantics of the mind and how it works.
*shrugs*
We'll see if you get a "true" response, utilizing the person's honesty completely.
If you had been paying attention in the past couple of months, Anthony only was honest once, and DS - well, he has yet to show he has honesty.
The odd thing about it all,
I will give Anthony a benefit of doubt. Stormy is a flat out liar and troll whom I have absolutely NO respect whatsoever.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#478387 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
John from NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember when the pope of Rome was within the Church and subject to the Church. But those were the good old days when the Roman Catholic Church was not schismatic.
There is no "Baptism of Desire". As I said that was a legalistic response to what happened to the wise Thief.
That doesn't negate the necessity of Baptism, but as often happened with some Roman Catholic ideas the "solution" does do exactly what it was meant to correct. If a family that was to be Baptized that day was killed in a car accident on their way to church you would say that they were "baptized of desire" since they desired it but never made it. However the Fathers taught exactly the opposite.
Martyrdom or Baptism by Blood is somewhat different and was accepted by the early Church.
I agree wholeheartedly with John W re the legalism of the Catholic Church, something that Regina denied when brought this up

Albuquerque, NM

#478388 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't waste my time "discussing, deliberating and debating" Catholic Church doctrine, along with biblical interpretation of the Sacred Scripture,and historical and Catholic traditional TRUTH that has been authenticated, proven, verified and remain the same for over 2000 years.......My time is "not wasted" in defending and speaking the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and TRUE BIBLE INTERPRETATION regarding Jesus Christ and HIS historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH One TRUE Catholic Church!!...... That is only reason that I am here------to reject the "non-catholic" heresy, lies and distortions of the TRUTH that have "corrupted" those vindictive, hostile and hatefilled bible only Protestants that "CANNOT EXIST" on their own non-catholic beliefs without "spitefully attacking" Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
That is because you would get bitch-slapped by the priest if you started to pull up your pants.

:o)

You really do sound like you have been "owned".

Bummer for you.

Location hidden

#478389 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"And whats her face"???
More Christian humility and respect from you.
You're not hurting me, sera, but you are saying far more about yourself than about me.
Do continue to exhibit your hatred. I'm not the only one who reads this board.
I don't hate you I feel sorry for you....what goes around comes around in time...we all reap what we sow...we all have to answer to God in time...I am not trying to hurt you...you do a good job of it yourself.At least all that read this forum knows I don't lie..

Location hidden

#478390 Sep 25, 2013
john telling Karen that she isn't Saved.

John from NJ

Since: May 08

Belle Mead, NJ

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:

<quoted text>
Afraid of facing the truth?????
I believe what the Holy Word say's.
As far as denigrating what you believe,I am not.
I have been defending my faith.
You are the one that keeps telling me that I am not in the church.
That is denigrating my beliefs.
I believe that it's the Lords place to say who is in the church.
Not your place.
Believe what you want John.
Blessings.
The truth is that you follow Baptist TRADITION.

You refuse to accept that. But you do.

As for you not being in the Church, you are not. Sorry. You don't have the Apostolic Faith and you are not in communion with the Church. All the promises that were made to the Church were made to the Church, not anyone and everyone.

That is simply a fact.

Now God is merciful and He may still save you but he doesn't have to. I hope He does but He is free to do as He wants.

Location hidden

#478391 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, dear. NO....I did not claim to have the phone records. You obviously didn't read my post or else have some other problem.
You're too caught up in yourselves. There are other people in the world, you know. I really am sorry for you, truly.
Well, enough of your nonsense.
Your a joke and a lier..all the sarcastic remarks you make towards me is your self and you low self esteem of YOU....get a grip on the real world and not the computer world

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478392 Sep 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>So you all can read minds,hearts, and souls. Are you sure you are Catholic and not a member of Dionne Warwick's Psychic Network???
Well, I betch'a Benny Hinn would hire each and every one of 'em! Ther all good at push'n folks over.

Location hidden

#478393 Sep 25, 2013
his is the john thqt we loved, eager to ell us that we aren't Saved.
Full of Love

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

Judged:

John from NJ wrote:

<quoted text>
It is a fact, you have Tradition, Baptist Tradition.
Afraid of facing the truth, I guess.
Just remember the next time that you denigrate Holy Tradition that you are being very hypocritical.
For you follow Baptist Tradition.
If only you were honest enough to recognize it for what it is.
Afraid of facing the truth?????

I believe what the Holy Word say's.

As far as denigrating what you believe,I am not.

I have been defending my faith.

You are the one that keeps telling me that I am not in the church.

That is denigrating my beliefs.

I believe that it's the Lords place to say who is in the church.

Not your place.

Albuquerque, NM

#478394 Sep 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We both have the same problem, we believe men. I believe the men who were taught by Christ and those they appointed. You believe the men who rejected what those men said. Seriously dude, quit freaking out about it.
Still incorrect Anthony.

I don't believe men. Especially those who lived 2000 years ago, and everything they supposedly said is only from the 4th C.

Yes Anthony - there are no exisiting NT texts earlier than the 4th C. whether you think there is or not, is really irrelevant.

You are also incorrect with your statement here:
"You believe the men who rejected what those men said."
- HUH? I'll utilize the Apostles that were taught by Jesus and you now say I reject them?

You are confused and blatantly showing your arrogance, with you thinking you know what I believe and don't.

Are you psychic?

Location hidden

#478395 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Geeze girl...Regina is a vacuum cleaner made in Saint Paul. Vacuum cleaners don't have no respect nor humility...never did...never will.
They just suck dirt...that's their job.
Golly! Do I gotta learn ya everything?
whaaa whooo I am in need of a new vacume for my shed out back....lol
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478396 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Geeze girl...Regina is a vacuum cleaner made in Saint Paul. Vacuum cleaners don't have no respect nor humility...never did...never will.
They just suck dirt...that's their job.
Golly! Do I gotta learn ya everything?
More heartfelt sincerity from you, I see. Now I understand why they....yes, why they, indeed. Thanks for proving me right.
What a filthy mouth you have. Seems I'm not the first one to tell you that today. You two have a nice time cuddling up, now.
Thanks, again!!

Albuquerque, NM

#478397 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
But we know who's behind that deception, don't we? It's pretty obvious, as are they.
Jesus is behind my posts.

Who's "behind that deception" that you think you know is?

Please post, I'm dying to find out!!

*sighs*

I'll pray for you to receive the truth.

Father of everyone, please give Regina the power to seek you in truth and not throught he precepts of men.

Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 22 Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web