Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,562
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

United States

#478092 Sep 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU ATTEMPT to sow discord between Hermi and I...
this is what God says about such actions
Pro 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
Pro 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and
-->he that soweth discord among brethren.
Show me where I used a lying tongue (pro 6:17). Show me where I used 'wicked imaginations' in my post (pro 6:18). Where did I give false witness and 'speaketh lies'?(pro 6:19)

Don't manipulate sacred scripture for your own agenda. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy of you two. If I stated a lie, present it and I'll apologize.

Nick believes the bread becomes the actual flesh of the Lord upon the prayers of the validly ordained Priest. You believe he is goin to eternal damnation for idolatry as a result.

So instead of trying to appear all cozy in order to mock my posts (which is what you two were doing) why don't you be a man and help him out before he - according to you- will lose his soul.
Why? Cuz you're a phony who's more concerned about your hatred for the Catholic Church. You'll ally with someone you believe is an idolator to advance your hatred.
Sowing discord am I? Or pointing out the discord?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478093 Sep 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
So he didn't make any of us because we are all sinners??
Now hurry and run to dear hubby for help.:-D
In case you missed it.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/507...
----Britannica.com
The Roman Catholic Church traces its history to Jesus Christ and the Apostles. Over the course of centuries it developed a highly sophisticated theology and an elaborate organizational structure headed by the papacy, the oldest continuing absolute monarchy in the world.
++++++++++
The number of Roman Catholics in the world (nearly 1.2 billion) is greater than that of nearly all other religious traditions. There are more Roman Catholics than all other Christians combined and more Roman Catholics than all Buddhists or
Hindus. Although there are more Muslims than Roman Catholics, the number of
***Roman Catholics is greater than that of the individual traditions of Sh&#299;&#703;ite and
Sunni Islam.
These incontestable statistical and historical facts suggest that some understanding of Roman Catholicism—its history, its institutional structure, its beliefs and practices, and its place in the world—is an indispensable component of cultural literacy, regardless of how one may individually answer the ultimate questions of life and death and faith. Without a grasp of what Roman Catholicism is, it is difficult to make historical sense of the Middle Ages, intellectual sense of the works of Thomas Aquinas, literary sense of The Divine Comedy of Dante, artistic sense of the Gothic cathedrals, or musical sense of many of the compositions of Haydn and Mozart.
“The Encyclopedia Britannica is published with the editorial advice of the faculties of the
University of Chicago,
University of Oxford, Cambridge, London and Edinburgh:
a committee at the University of Toronto and
committees drawn from members of the faculties of the University of Tokyo and
The Australian National University”
I DONT run to my hubby for help. this is a public forum and he is entitled to respond to ANY POST he wishes..Are You jealous of the relationship that Nick and I have???? you must be or you wouldn't mention it...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#478094 Sep 24, 2013
RESPONSE
THESE SCRIPTURES BELOW SAY NOTHING ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND YOU LIE WHEN YOU SAY IT DOES
Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Luk_19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

ALL HUMBEING UPON THE EARTH..

HAVE THE RIGHT TO

FOLLOW JESUS

WHO SAID

Mat_10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mat_24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mar_13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Joh_10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Act_2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

JESUS SAID

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT..
Clay

United States

#478095 Sep 24, 2013
RESPONSE
THESE SCRIPTURES BELOW SAY NOTHING ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND YOU LIE WHEN YOU SAY IT DOES
Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
You would have no clue that those verses even existed if it wasn't for the Catholic Church. That's the irony in all this. So how dare you turn around and stab them in the back... Using those same verses. Who do you think you are anyway?

#478096 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
ALL HUMAN BEING UPON THE EARTH..
HAVE THE RIGHT TO
FOLLOW JESUS
WHO SAID
Mat_10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Mar_13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh_10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
Act_2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
JESUS SAID
Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
~~~

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH CANNOT STEAL THE SON SHIP FROM THOSE THAT BELIEVE IN THE NAME OF JESUS,...
truth

Perth, Australia

#478097 Sep 24, 2013
it is written
From beginning tribe against tribe people against people as well nation against nation.

'desire within humans is to have'

Deceivers and possessors perfectly describe in scripture.
-To be tempted and act of defenders how in Heaven it is on Earth, its written.

Human weakness and error your Creator know others simply play and try let down.

Without any war we have on Earth another much more worse things as peaceful way.
Production where every river and sweet water become polluted as well re-genetic structure food medicine cloth and so on which go fast and under force as never before.
Pattern weather start changing too but many know trough science and knowledge how play even that big game.
Effect of living have impact on everyone.

We been teach to be protective.
Today is deference humans as well alive animals fish and so on become prime target as investment for money.

Location hidden

#478098 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't speaking for him. I cited his beliefs and exposed the hypocrisy of a man like Confrint and Herm, gaining up to make fun of my posts. The truth is, they couldn't be further apart in theology..... And you and your husband have plenty of tests to defend your beliefs in things like the Eucharist (which is Jesus Christ Himself) but you choose not to defend Our Lord in public because you'd rather not appear to have anything in common with Catholics.
wrong...and again you take the actions for speaking for nick and me.....you haven't a clue and your actions on this forum would turn anyone against the catholic church.You and your buddies are too prideful to see your misgivings..you started an argument and now are trying to" deflect it"
Clay

United States

#478099 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
ALL HUMBEING UPON THE EARTH..
HAVE THE RIGHT TO
FOLLOW JESUS
WHO SAID
JESUS SAID
The Roman Catholic Religious Society??? Lol is that what you guy are naming us now? That sounds like a fraternity. Lol.

The Church is the Church. Throw whatever adjective you want.. Its just your man made opinion anyway.

#478100 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have no clue that those verses even existed if it wasn't for the Catholic Church. That's the irony in all this. So how dare you turn around and stab them in the back... Using those same verses. Who do you think you are anyway?
Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

GET BEHIND ME SATAN...I AM NOT BEHOLDING TO YOU OR YOUR PAGAN RELIGIOUS SOCIETY FOR MY ETERNAL LIFE...

Location hidden

#478101 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't speaking for him. I cited his beliefs and exposed the hypocrisy of a man like Confrint and Herm, gaining up to make fun of my posts. The truth is, they couldn't be further apart in theology..... And you and your husband have plenty of tests to defend your beliefs in things like the Eucharist (which is Jesus Christ Himself) but you choose not to defend Our Lord in public because you'd rather not appear to have anything in common with Catholics.
I have nothing in common with the Catholic's in this forum THANK GOD!!!!!stay a catholic because you will never understand where nick and I are coming from. All you see is fight and defend.....you cant see love, humility....
truth

Perth, Australia

#478102 Sep 24, 2013
On peaceful way we have destruction within human
body as structure which others very well used and on very peaceful way misused.
'weed seed and good seed'
Scripture describe Jesus Christ words is perfect.

We speak about addictions too.

Many preechers and priest say error or sin go out from mouth.

I say to you its going inside too much more fast then out.
Every Spirit is not holy..possession is part of many organization.
-there is a very low organization
-there is a very high organization
For general destruction of life and health which try ruin every person and every family.

Many organization don't liked see challenge of them for beneficiary of others on huge scale.
Elimination is become prime to become target but defended of themself attacking others.
Misleading and set up with many documents on nice way is not better then someone become very laud
shouting against all of them.

#478103 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
GET BEHIND ME SATAN...I AM NOT BEHOLDING TO YOU OR YOUR PAGAN RELIGIOUS SOCIETY FOR MY ETERNAL LIFE...
~~~
I AM BORN AGAIN

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

I AM A SON OF GOD

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS

2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I AM A FELLOW CITIZEN WITH THE SAINTS

Eph_2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS

2Co_5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

I AM A JOINT HEIR WITH CHRIST

Gal_4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

YOU ARE ROMAN CATHOLICS AN THAT IS ALL...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#478105 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the why you shouldn't butt into peoples conversations. Sola scripture is not believed by Orthodox or Catholics. Therefore, I asked an Orthodox why she appeared to side with a Protestant when her Church is not in agreement with them on this issue.
Its really of no concern to you..
Lie.You stated that the apostles were killed by the Jews. Myself and Sera were interested in which Apostles were killed by Jews, which by Romans, etc. I thought you knew since you posted this. We aked you to posst this into. You never did . you switched to some comment re Sola Scriptura and areal Orthodox would never supportsuprised.. am not
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#478106 Sep 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I have nothing in common with the Catholic's in this forum THANK GOD!!!!!stay a catholic because you will never understand where nick and I are coming from. All you see is fight and defend.....you cant see love, humility....
The problem is that I don't believe you. I don't think you're all about love and humility.

Nick mocked my post in a rather long parody. And that was weird, because he shares the exact belief as I do on scripture. And Confrint -never missing a chance for some Catholic bashing- joined in on the fun.
I merely pointed out the hypocrisy of those two.
You and Nick are puzzling as well.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#478107 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where I used a lying tongue (pro 6:17). Show me where I used 'wicked imaginations' in my post (pro 6:18). Where did I give false witness and 'speaketh lies'?(pro 6:19)
Don't manipulate sacred scripture for your own agenda. I merely pointed out the hypocrisy of you two. If I stated a lie, present it and I'll apologize.
Nick believes the bread becomes the actual flesh of the Lord upon the prayers of the validly ordained Priest. You believe he is goin to eternal damnation for idolatry as a result.
So instead of trying to appear all cozy in order to mock my posts (which is what you two were doing) why don't you be a man and help him out before he - according to you- will lose his soul.
Why? Cuz you're a phony who's more concerned about your hatred for the Catholic Church. You'll ally with someone you believe is an idolator to advance your hatred.
Yes Clay while the hypocrisy is very apparent to the Catholics here, its of no use. I would have no problem with Herme and Sere if they didnt at every turn attack Catholics and the church and then the blatant lie of not giving personal insults or that its just about getting them to fight. If its not important then they should not have anything to say to Catholics, because despite the massive attempt to deny anything Catholic within them the fact is the Orthodx and Catholic Churches have more in common than any other.

I would be careful though about the in betweens. For example the Orthodox on purgatory. The church really doesnt teach anything on purgatory other than its a process or a place that involves some discomfort and that nothing unclean shall enter into heaven. Semantics can get heavy in this area.

The real presense while some Orthodox do accept transubstantiation others do not. In the end though it is the true body, blood soul and divinity of Christ. Catholics are accused of trying to define this, but in the end we accept it as a mystery in faith what Christ said. If we are mocked for it then so be it. I still dont think people were dying because they were having a cracker snack and that is very disrpectful. Most Orthdodox I know believe Christ is present. While they do not do Adoration most Orthodox I encounter will bow out of respect. For Christ is present and just as they would not disrespect a King. The King of Kings is present.

Arguing about whether it is leavened our unleavened it is kind of sad how both sides acted on that. Cultural differences in styles of worship are less important than the actual belief.

The ever virginity of Mary is a shared belief. It may not be for these two but yes it is true the All Pangia (sinless) Mary was sinless. Fr. John Myendort (Orthodox scholar) Who nevertheless some Orthdox call a heretic has said that if not for the difference in the concept of Original sin the Orthodox would likely have wholly accepted the Immaculate conception. However there are Orthdox who do subscribe to it. Ultimately though what was being contested is the sinlessness of Mary and the proclamation that Catholics have to believe Mary did not need a saviour. This of course is an empty argument and lacks the knowledge of what the church teaches on that and why. Her sinlessness was never the question. When it happened was. However ever virgin was proclaimed dogma when the churches were one. Yet some Orthodox today have chosen to deny this, cancelling out validity of councils. There are cafeteria Catholics as well. Saying Im Catholic and adhering to the faith on your own terms are different.

Surely Christ knew that there would be disagreements. The Apostles had one on circumcision. Its clear that Paul had a dispute with his traveling companion. The extent of which is unclear. There are disciplines, doctrines, theological discussions and dogmas as you know, but Protestants often dont understand the difference nor do they wish to.

Location hidden

#478108 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE! Never mind I got the answer...your the trouble maker....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#478109 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The one before that was a jab. Whateva...I do not care. Have a good night.
Lie.You stated that the apostles were killed by the Jews. Myself and Sera were interested in which Apostles were killed by Jews, which by Romans, etc. I thought you knew since you posted this. We aked you to posst this into. You never did . you switched to some comment re Sola Scriptura and areal Orthodox would never support someone over a Catholic.I am not suprised that history would be changed.

#478110 Sep 24, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I don't embody any Ehat. What is Ehat anyway? A computer hat? what is wrong with an opinion? I think you are saying you were a Catholic, but you spew a lot of misinformation, you were tricked by a bunch of bad Baptists who wanted to spread hatred towards Christ's One and True Church. Please do research about what you post, and PLEASE proof read your posts before you post.
JESUS SAID

Mat_4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

WE CHRISTIANS LIVE BY WHAT COMES FROM GOD'S MOUTH

YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS

LIVE BY WHAT COMES FROM THE MOUTH OF YOU POPE

AND YOU WILL SOON FIND OUT ...HE IS NOT THE MOUTH OF GOD

Luk_4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Location hidden

#478111 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The evil One is YOu... You hide behind you church to do your wicked deeds...typical....you are trying to turn confronting against nick and I...that's evil also...your bidding is of the devil not of Christ...

Location hidden

#478112 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that I don't believe you. I don't think you're all about love and humility.
Nick mocked my post in a rather long parody. And that was weird, because he shares the exact belief as I do on scripture. And Confrint -never missing a chance for some Catholic bashing- joined in on the fun.
I merely pointed out the hypocrisy of those two.
You and Nick are puzzling as well.
as puzzling as you are to us..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 33 min Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Fri QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web