Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,289
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#477998 Sep 24, 2013
Dust Sotrm wrote:
"How any Protestant says they have more authority to deny that is inconsistent with the false doctrine of sola scripture which has no authority but the personal interpretation of the individual believer."

New Age asks:

How is it that any human can determine what is inspired by "God", even though "God" never deemed such on any of the texts - canonical or non-canonical.

You are just looking to divide more and more people under false pretenses of men.

No wonder Christianity will eventually fall - it's because of people like you throwing our false conclusions and lies.

Way to go DS!
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#477999 Sep 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What's disturbing to me Rose is the fact you gloss over so many of the posts by protestants who condemn Catholics and the Church. I've been here a few years and I think it's running about 100-1. I, personally, don't see protestants as enemies at all, and the Church certainly doesn't. What saddens me is how mis-informed many of you are. Most of us are more than willing to explain our beliefs in the spirit of friendship and understanding, but many of you, I think, are a bit leery of letting go of some the hardened opinions.
We have listen to many of your explanation about your church and its doctrines and traditions.
When we explain to you what your saying or believe is not scripture, you get all upset.
If your doctrine is different then the Bible what you believe is not truth.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#478001 Sep 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
Are you finally beginning to believe in all of what Jesus taught?
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
Who wrote these "sayings of Jesus"? How do you know He said this?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#478002 Sep 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
Clay posted:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jewish canon of scripture came after Christianity began. The same men who used their authority to kill Jesus, used it to establish the protestant bible.
Rosez,
I understand. He is talking about Manny Moe and Jack= the "Pep Boys".First they sat in a meeting with the Romans and made the decision to crucify. Then as long as they were sitting at the table they figured: " why not write the Bible". They wrote the Bible and then went on to establish an Camel Repair Shop in Jerusalem called the "Pep Boys". What you dont know is that Manny was the great great great etc grandfather of Martin Luther, who received this Bible as it was handed down from generation to generation. The camel Repair shop in time was converted into the "Pep Boys" auto repair shop.
Hope this is helpful.
~~~

Yep...Check out the history and before all this they had a used camel lot... repairing the camels that bumped their humps going to the eye of the needle...

Thats when paul the apostle pointed the epistle at the satellites in the

isles of the durominies and the foe fathers of zekiel slept in the same

bed..

Jonah went to whale college and graduated bein spit en up

somewhere near neveah an he was plum near out of his gourd..

because it had worms.

and ne - bucle- buzard -had -a razor- some where he shave the head of sampson.

JEHU SAID WHO UP THERE ON THE LAWDs SIDE fro OLE JEZE BELL

DOWN

they frowed her down ...he said frow her down again ... they frowed her

down again

an they picked up 12 baskets therof...

Man this ro man Cat a holic bible shoor is excitin..

ya'll need to get one

My... you sure tied a knot in this thread

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#478004 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"you can tell how well a tree has been cared for by its fruits"
Sirach 27:6
"you will know them by their fruits"
Matthew 7:16
"if you forgive someone who has wronged you, your sins will be forgiven when you pray"
Sirach 28:2
"forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who have trespassed against us"
Jesus Christ
I think Our Lord was familiar with the inspired words of Sirach. First century Jews, like the Essenes had these Books in their collection.
The official Jewish canon came after Christianity was started. They had no authority to tell us what was supposed to be in our Bible, they arrested and executed the Lord... Remember?
All words said by Jesus,were inspired by God ..He referred to prophecies when speaking to the Jews ..about HImself ...so they would understand who He was ..he quoted from he Law,.....all of which came from WHO...in the first place .

He was ThE WORD MADE FLESH WHO DWELT AMONGST US,...

You really think the Part of the PRAYER TO HIS,FATHER WAS BORRIWED .
That is,chutzpah

WOW
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#478005 Sep 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
We have listen to many of your explanation about your church and its doctrines and traditions.
When we explain to you what your saying or believe is not scripture, you get all upset.
If your doctrine is different then the Bible what you believe is not truth.
You're entitled to your opinion.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#478006 Sep 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Clay,you helped me to truly understand the Inquisition and the crusades...lol
AS,I JUST SAID

JESYS WAS THE WORD,

WEB HE quoted He quoted and said so..But everywhere of the PROPHETS came from GOD ..in the first place ...

He did NOT need to borrow, words for a PRAYER TO HIS,FATHER .

that's just out there and stretching a,point IMO.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#478007 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>What is really shameful is using Christs suffering and sacrifice to try to belittle a Christian in a blog.A number of you have done that.The Protestants dont know thwe Eucharist.You,knowing the Holy Eucharist, should know better than that.I dont think your sharing re the Eucharist by demeaning, calling people names, and disrespecting their beliefs is going to put them any more in touch with the Eucharist.
Exactly MY point in a previous post ..I.don't see,Clay do it as,much as,others,..he tries to explain usually..

But I never knew,Catholics,saw fellow,Christians ...Well not as,fellow,Chrusisns,..

Their Pope John Paul seemed to ...was he lying about it??? I think I'd believe his opinion more than half at least if the Catholic bloggers,here,..But that just me .

WE BELIEVERS HAVE ENOUGH ENEMIES,...why do we have to show hate to eAch other

And in this I do NOT mean Clay
Clay

United States

#478008 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>==========
Clay posted:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jewish canon of scripture came after Christianity began. The same men who used their authority to kill Jesus, used it to establish the protestant bible.
Rosez,
I understand. He is talking about Manny Moe and Jack= the "Pep Boys".First they sat in a meeting with the Romans and made the decision to crucify. Then as long as they were sitting at the table they figured: " why not write the Bible". They wrote the Bible and then went on to establish an Camel Repair Shop in Jerusalem called the "Pep Boys". What you dont know is that Manny was the great great great etc grandfather of Martin Luther, who received this Bible as it was handed down from generation to generation. The camel Repair shop in time was converted into the "Pep Boys" auto repair shop.
Hope this is helpful.
Now Nick, my exchange with Rose was about the development of the Biblical canon. This is a serious topic as it shows that they are going against the will of Christ by implying sola scripture when it was never taught. It shows that their founders removed 7 Books from the Bible.
I see your ally Confrint has joined in the mockery. You had a nice opportunity to stand up for truth and denounce sola scripture and perhaps steer a fellow Christian back into the sacraments of our two Churches.
Instead, you opted to make fun of my argument that you secretly agree with - assuming you're an Orthodox.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#478009 Sep 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Yep...Check out the history and before all this they had a used camel lot... repairing the camels that bumped their humps going to the eye of the needle...
bed..
because it had worms.
DOWN
down again
ya'll need to get one
I just can't seem to please you Roman Cat-a-holics..

when I write the truth...you don't want it..

If i give you fiction that don't please you either...

the above post is an example of what i feel about the fictitious

inventions that you are attempting to palm off as truth..

to a lost and dying world...My above foolishness harms no one...

Your foolishness that comes from Rome Italy merchandises souls.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#478010 Sep 24, 2013
Dust Sotrm wrote:
"How any Protestant says they have more authority to deny that is inconsistent with the false doctrine of sola scripture which has no authority but the personal interpretation of the individual believer."
New Age asks:
How is it that any human can determine what is inspired by "God", even though "God" never deemed such on any of the texts - canonical or non-canonical.
You are just looking to divide more and more people under false pretenses of men.
No wonder Christianity will eventually fall - it's because of people like you throwing our false conclusions and lies.
Way to go DS!
You're welcome! The bible doesn't have a table of contents.

Christ established a Church. The Church is not an invisible body of believers teaching modern gnostic secrets. Feel free to fill your "SELF" with that. Christ chose men, he sent them, they chose and appointed others. People learn by hearing and how can they learn if someone is not sent? Oh yeah just read the bible of every truth is spelled out clearly and everyone is in charge. Its all about self. ;0 Ireneaus argument was simple. Show me from whence you come. Your truths could not be found by anyone who was traced back to the Apostles. No further discussion necessary. I have ignored you because you have nothing of value to say. Why read anything its written by men but we should listen to you whatever you are. lol No Thanks. Have a nice life. Self it up. Its all good.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#478011 Sep 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
All words said by Jesus,were inspired by God ..He referred to prophecies when speaking to the Jews ..about HImself ...so they would understand who He was ..he quoted from he Law,.....all of which came from WHO...in the first place .
He was ThE WORD MADE FLESH WHO DWELT AMONGST US,...
You really think the Part of the PRAYER TO HIS,FATHER WAS BORRIWED .
That is,chutzpah
WOW
Jesus knew the Old Testament. Why is that so surprising to you?

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#478012 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
No - I didn't - he seems pretty sure on his assertion:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
Okay, I'll wait for your prayers to be answered. I'll let you know when they are completed.
Thank you for accepting my prayers for your dear wife.

What's up with that link? I didn't see hojo's post.
Clay

United States

#478013 Sep 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
bed..
because it had worms.
DOWN
down again
ya'll need to get one
Nick believes in the Eucharist as the literal flesh of Jesus Christ. He believes in the ever virginity of Mary who also lived without sin..
He believes in confession to a Priest; baptism with water; the sacramental ordained Priesthood; Icons are present during the Holy Mass; incense; kneeling down before the Blessed Sacrament. Last Rites; a place between Heaven and Hell. He rejects your opinion that scripture is all Jesus wills for His ministry; He rejects your entire views on sola scripture and does not think you're an authority on it.

Did I miss anything Nick?

So what exactly is it, that you have in common with this man that you believe is headed to Hell for idolatry because he believes a piece of bread is Jesus Christ??

#478014 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Stop lying - no you don't.
Yes I do! I don't lie.

Albuquerque, NM

#478015 Sep 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas wrote them.

I don't know if he did. Just like every book in the Bible, I was not alive when they were written.

Sounds like you have found where "God" has specifically stated which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not.

Lay it on me Anthony. C'mon - give me that honesty your ilk likes to promote.

YO CAN DO IT!!

Albuquerque, NM

#478016 Sep 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool - you are living up to the expectations I've observed here:

"If you are paying attention, after a while, most of the Catholics here will start twisting up their stories, so you are so confused that they don't even know what tehy are talking about."

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#478017 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>==========
Clay posted:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Rosez,
Hope this is helpful.
Lol I needed a laugh ..had to read that twice .

I do read other parts of e bible ...But for me

Every time I or someone here,goes,into the GOSPEL OF JOHN

to me ..if that was the only thing we had to rely on we would have full truth on salvation

I.used to wonder why in book stores were these little books of John were there all by themselves,..Some evangelists carry them to give to those,searching ..

Now,unless,Manny went to the BASEMENT IN ROME to write it out if whole cloth .

The words,of John and the other Gospel writers show true Faith to believers,.

They were,inspired to put down the lifE of Jesus,...most likely when they realized HE,WOULD NOT BE BACK IN THEIR GENERATION ..as they hoped .

They wrote for posterity not for a Vatican vault ..it's,NOT THEIR SCRIPTURE ..THE RCC..as they say ..it was,to all.believers,.

Tne epistles were for the edification of the followers .

This is scripture ..it's holy ..it's,truth

I like the Old Testament for history and prophecy .

The books we study dud not come from.MARTIN LUTHER Lol or Manny Joe And Curly ...his ancestors .

Unless,of course they are untrue ...I keep asking ..dud the Writers write them??? DOHE CATHOLICS know some secret we Don't about MANNY IN THE BASEMENT.

THE WORDS ARE TRUE OR FALSE ...And worthy of belief or not .

We understand them through the leading of the Holy Spirit ..
. or not

JESUS IS THE WORD...or a,monk named Manny WITH a literary bent

FOR ME I CHOOSE JESUS,as revealed by the Scripture .....I can feel

when the,SPIRIT shows me new meaning in a passage I may have learned,as a child .....

#478018 Sep 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot believe if hojo cane from a bible believing CHURCH they spent
Their sermons talking about CATHOLICS ...we do on here because it's,a forum...
And I think.he does,try to convince himself he has found a truer path..
For his,sake I hope he has ..FOR HIM.
BUT the repetition ..Well ..
Believe it! My husband came from a Baptist church and the elders were doing the same thing. He left too, and is a Catholic now.

I'm sure the so-called pastors do the same. Hint Gif.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#478019 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Thomas wrote them.
I don't know if he did. Just like every book in the Bible, I was not alive when they were written.
Sounds like you have found where "God" has specifically stated which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not.
Lay it on me Anthony. C'mon - give me that honesty your ilk likes to promote.
YO CAN DO IT!!
You believe men and so do I. I admit it, you won't. How's that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Married in 8,302
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... Sun Barbarian 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Sep 19 Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Sep 18 Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••