Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649837 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478246 Sep 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah..Yes Herm the great scholar has no time to respond to accurate information, but has time to spew inaccuaracies above which were not even the focus of the context. However the saga of humiliation and respect for others continues. lol
Myth 5: An indulgence will shorten your time in purgatory by a fixed number of days.
The number of days which used to be attached to indulgences were references to the period of penance one might undergo during life on earth. The Catholic Church does not claim to know anything about how long or short purgatory is in general, much less in a specific person’s case.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/myths-about-in...
Ah, thank you for pointing that out. I noticed it, too, but why waste time making corrections that will only be ignored? There were other inaccuracies in the 'list' that he copied and pasted. He often copies errors. But, again, why bother? Like the other protestants, they're here only to attack and trash, not learn. They killed this board. It was bad before, but never this bad, not even close. They've brought hatred and evil here. It's pretty ugly. Thank goodness, I've been too busy to spend much time here anymore. Take care, DS!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#478247 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yer gonna have ta prove that different ta me son. So far Ya ain't done to well...all I seen is hatred and discourse. That jist makes ya a target from here on out. You sowed the seeds son, not me...jist remember that when the time comes. I reckon Jesus told ya the same thing...where are ya with that? It don't look good for ya now does it?..don't blame me now...
You wrote

It don't look good for ya now does it?..don't blame me now...[/

~~~

Rom 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

Rom 15:2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.

Rom 15:3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.

Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Rom 15:5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:

Rom 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Rom 15:7 Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

___

There are some actions that Christ will not fellowship with..

The Bible says..

Mat 5:37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

Eph_5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478248 Sep 25, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Upon this rock, I will build my church,Jesus Christ. Rock meant Peter. Deal with it. Another thing, Christ also said the Church will never be destroyed.
WRONG! Rock mean peters faith in Christ..your church will be destroyed....deal with it..

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478249 Sep 25, 2013
AND CHURCH MEANT...THE CHRISTAIN FAITH NOT THE catholic church...
Clay

United States

#478250 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
...lol oh and no orthodox on this forum braggs about being the true church.......
Hmmm

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#478251 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...it looks as though we're back to the same hitch'n post son.
Difference is- I don't need no help...I'm a lone gunman...an it's do or die... saddle up to the winner...an I'm game for it...no collateral damage in the wind here....cept'n maybe confrinting ...who wants ta call me names while the gunfight is on...but that's OK too...I got more than one hand in the action...an I don't aim ta lose here neither.
twernt talking about you. the conversation was about John from NJ.

anyhooses, if I need someone to ride shotgun for me, I shall not contact you.
Clay

United States

#478252 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG! Rock mean peters faith in Christ..your church will be destroyed....deal with it..
Another interesting hmmm.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478253 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>he hated dust storm with a passion along with mary Hammond. and the person from toms river only became friends right before he died.
he never forgot when he was attacked none of them came to his rescue, in fact only one person defended him and that was "yours truly"
lol.....you wish....

:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478254 Sep 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote
It don't look good for ya now does it?..don't blame me now...[/
~~~
Rom 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
Rom 15:2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
Rom 15:3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Rom 15:5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Rom 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 15:7 Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.
___
There are some actions that Christ will not fellowship with..
The Bible says..
Mat 5:37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
Eph_5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Does all that excuse your actions as a believer?
I think not.
How about you address your statement directly..and without reserve son?
You were wrong...I know it...you know it...and so does everyone else know it.
Your arrogance could very well keep you out of heaven son....
It's time you fess up to it...or turn your ass around and point it toward hell...
OOOps...I said "hell"...such a "bad" word. Well, I reckon we is both gonna be there now huh?
You got any "colt" action guns?
I sure hope so...I'm good at it ...I jist hope you are, or your gonna die a thousand deaths if'n ya ain't!
Ya really ought'a watch what comes out'a yer mouth...y'know?
Clay

United States

#478255 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
AND CHURCH MEANT...THE CHRISTAIN FAITH NOT THE catholic church...
I highly doubt you'll find an Orthodox Bishop who'll agree with your statement that 'Church' meant the Christian faith. They would surely agree that Jesus started a Church like we understand it- albeit without the supremacy of the Bishop of Rome..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#478256 Sep 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya ya are son, Ya called me out.{you} did that...remember -because I said the abominal word-"shit"?
Now it's time ya showed yer stuff.
So, let us get it on.
Now, if you want ta fight with the scriptures you jist go right ahead...we all could use a good laugh....but you picked a fight with ME, an I ain't back'n up for ya son...I'm way too old ta play yer games...an I ain't gonna neither son.
~~~

How old are you any way...You keep calling me son

you would have to be nigh 100 to be my father...I am only 79...

got my credentials to preach at age of 17..
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#478257 Sep 25, 2013
My husband is going into hospital today, please keep him in your prayers.
I am not sure what is going to happn yet, I am praying they take out the prostate gland so he will have no more trouble.
God mat have other plans so I am putting it all in his hands, My husband has suffered terrible pain with this, so much he was going into shock.
Thank you all God Bless.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#478258 Sep 25, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.....you wish....
:)
No, I KNOW!!!!!

since it was at that time, that he made that post and said that only I had the character to come to his defense.lol

try as you catholics like, you cant change the TRUTH.

now Raphael, crawl back in your sewer home.lol
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478259 Sep 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I highly doubt you'll find an Orthodox Bishop who'll agree with your statement that 'Church' meant the Christian faith. They would surely agree that Jesus started a Church like we understand it- albeit without the supremacy of the Bishop of Rome..
ORTHODOXY ON OTHER CHRISTIANS

1. Orthodoxy is the Church founded by Christ for the salvation of mankind, and therefore we should guard with our life the purity of its teaching and our own faithfulness to it. In the Orthodox Church alone is grace given through the sacraments (most other churches don’t even claim to have sacraments in any serious sense). THE ORTHODOX CHURCH ALONE IS THE BODY OF CHRIST, and if salvation is difficult enough within the Orthodox Church, how much more difficult must it be outside the Church!
http://thehandmaid.wordpress.com/holy-orthodo...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478260 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>twernt talking about you. the conversation was about John from NJ.
anyhooses, if I need someone to ride shotgun for me, I shall not contact you.
Well, It'd be your loss...makes no matter ta me son.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478261 Sep 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I highly doubt you'll find an Orthodox Bishop who'll agree with your statement that 'Church' meant the Christian faith. They would surely agree that Jesus started a Church like we understand it- albeit without the supremacy of the Bishop of Rome..
At that time, all Christians were in the Church. It wasn't called Catholic yet, but acquired the name a few decades later. There were some dissenters who began teaching error and heresy. They called themselves Christians, but were not in the Church. Christ founded a Church, not Christianity. What she's promoting is protestantism, which is of course an error and many orthodox Christians consider it to be heresy.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478262 Sep 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
How old are you any way...You keep calling me son
you would have to be nigh 100 to be my father...I am only 79...
got my credentials to preach at age of 17..
I call ya son because ya act like a young'n...yer 14 years older than I am....but I don't take no shit from anyone...even you "sir"....
I do NOT back up when I am right...even for god....let alone YOU.
Now ya know where we are at.
I don't mean you any disrespect...you are bringing it upon yourself...I am simply pointing it out to you now. Don't make me keep doing it...It was never my intention in the first place "sir".
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#478263 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>No, I KNOW!!!!!
since it was at that time, that he made that post and said that only I had the character to come to his defense.lol
try as you catholics like, you cant change the TRUTH.
now Raphael, crawl back in your sewer home.lol
Lovely, so Christ-like. Such a good, little protestant preacher...LOL!

I KNOW for a fact that after I came onto this board all the Catholics came to John's defense. You have a faulty memory there, presto. Must be your age kicking in. I miss John very much. We had some long and excellent conversations. He was a good man and highly intelligent. He knew the faith inside and out and was a good, practicing Orthodox Christian his whole life. Anthony also loved and respected him. Methinks you're a wee bit jealous!
Have a nice day there, presto!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#478264 Sep 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
My husband is going into hospital today, please keep him in your prayers.
I am not sure what is going to happn yet, I am praying they take out the prostate gland so he will have no more trouble.
God mat have other plans so I am putting it all in his hands, My husband has suffered terrible pain with this, so much he was going into shock.
Thank you all God Bless.
Heavenly father I add my prayers of faith with those that are

praying for Ltm's husband..and intercede for his healing.

We ask you to give the doctors wisdom in their decisions concerning any operation.

Should they decide to operate, give them steady hands..and may

the nail scarred hands of Jesus be there to guide theirs..

Bring him home well and healed Lord ...as a testimony of your

great love and mercy.

Lord,,, be with LTM and give her strength as his care give and

provide for her safety and financial needs.

we praise and thank you for hearing our prayers

in Jesus name

Amen

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#478265 Sep 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you admitted to believing men? Do you have a text written by Jesus?
Your diversion has been noted along with your other dishonest tactics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 7 hr friend 2
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 11 hr make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
More from around the web