Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653886 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#478184 Sep 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
A Catholic who speaks contrary to Dogma is not a Catholic. I speak the teachings of the church and back up what I say ulike your super scholar. If I dont know then I will ask. The issue is the Eucharist. I dont self interpret and pick doctrines that sound nice or fit with the latest whim. Maybe you do. Since Herme has a propensity to say the Orthodox believe when I know for a fact they dont and not just because a Catholic site on the Orthodox was read as is often arrogantly, sarcastically and stupidly stated by the respectful humble scholar at the school of how to be an idiot. I dont like you people. You are liars and hypocrites and quite frankly pretty despicable all around. Believe whatever you want. But if you dont want to be a hypocrite then stop attacking the church and Catholics especially with your vast ignorance.
Sleep tight and know that you have been a good hypocrites yesterday into a new day. Its your Christian duty.
Funny. I dont see any contemplative or rational thought or prose in this entire post.I note that you know what Orthodox believe but see no explanation or foundation for how you know this other than some magical universe that you inhabit. Your statements re Orthodoxy are shallow and do often come from Catholic sites because I have read them, cowboy.You offer standard pablum re how we are basically the same that the ecumenist have been selling and the Orthodox laity have been condemning for years. It wont work. The Orthodox people are not programmed.They will not just give up all those little semantic details that we consider our faith. So give it a break mi muchacho. You may be a king or queen in Topix but remember the people of Zorba's village await you if you try this weak insult nonthinking stuff in reality. By the way I do like you. Around the eyes you look a little like Barbra Streisamd.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#478185 Sep 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I explained the Fathers' statements. I explained the mistranslation.I did not say every Orthodox believes the same. I explained the primary Orthodox position.You say no.Good for you. You do not attack the church???? You damage the church with your inaccuracies about its beliefs.It is more damaging to misrepresent a church's believes than, like the Protestants to say I dont believe that. You are more an enemy to the Orthodox Church than the Protestants. Major major disrespect.
to bad that you weren't around when John was. the same arguments that you share with this jerk is what John also shared with her.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#478186 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>The only jerk is YOU!!! Stay a catholic it suits you!!!!
brilliant minds think alike. I called her a jerk too, glad that we feel the same about her.

in fact, the only person that agrees with her on everything is the Toms River person.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478187 Sep 25, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
A Catholic who speaks contrary to Dogma is not a Catholic. I speak the teachings of the church and back up what I say ulike your super scholar. If I dont know then I will ask. The issue is the Eucharist. I dont self interpret and pick doctrines that sound nice or fit with the latest whim. Maybe you do. Since Herme has a propensity to say the Orthodox believe when I know for a fact they dont and not just because a Catholic site on the Orthodox was read as is often arrogantly, sarcastically and stupidly stated by the respectful humble scholar at the school of how to be an idiot. I dont like you people. You are liars and hypocrites and quite frankly pretty dispicable all around. Believe whatever you want. But if you dont want to be a hypocrite then stop attacking the church and Catholics especially with your vast ignorance.
Sleep tight and know that you have been a good hypocrites yesterday into a new day. Its your Christian duty.
with your arrogance and attitude you wont find me support anything coming from you mouth. Or I should say fingers..lol....change your ways we don't need you...you need us!

Location hidden

#478188 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>brilliant minds think alike. I called her a jerk too, glad that we feel the same about her.
in fact, the only person that agrees with her on everything is the Toms River person.
that's cuz they all share the same DNA lol...

Location hidden

#478189 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>brilliant minds think alike. I called her a jerk too, glad that we feel the same about her.
yikes...she's a she??? I always thought it was a man!

Location hidden

#478190 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>to bad that you weren't around when John was. the same arguments that you share with this jerk is what John also shared with her.
oh but we were told that John was buddies with the Catholic's here....is that true?

Location hidden

#478191 Sep 25, 2013
<quoted text>Funny. I dont see any contemplative or rational thought or prose in this entire post.I note that you know what Orthodox believe but see no explanation or foundation for how you know this other than some magical universe that you inhabit. Your statements re Orthodoxy are shallow and do often come from Catholic sites because I have read them, cowboy.You offer standard pablum re how we are basically the same that the ecumenist have been selling and the Orthodox laity have been condemning for years. It wont work. The Orthodox people are not programmed.They will not just give up all those little semantic details that we consider our faith. So give it a break mi muchacho. You may be a king or queen in Topix but remember the people of Zorba's village await you if you try this weak insult nonthinking stuff in reality. By the way I do like you. Around the eyes you look a little like Barbra Streisamd.
( clears throat and sings) People, people who need people. Are the luckest people in the world...lol....Hey nickie I turn my back for a few seconds and your flirting with dusty...lol..hmmmm...

Location hidden

#478192 Sep 25, 2013
Hey nickie...did you go to idiot school lol...were you on the football team?? Wish I would have known you back then I would have gone to the idiot prom with ya..LOL;;;;;; oh but your my little idiot and I love every little idiot bit of you!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#478193 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>wrong again...remember a time when nick and I did side with you all..... it is you pride and arrogance that is being attacked and and the fact that what this banner says....
You non-catholics justify your attacks against Our Catholic Faith, the Catholic Church initiated by Jesus Christ, and the HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH of over 2000 years of the Catholic Church, by calling us prideful and arrogant.......... This is just a non-catholic "excuse" to silence those of us who are sharing the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible--that we know "without a doubt" for us is the TRUTH!......If you believe (as convincingly, about your Church, as "we as Catholics do" about ours, then GO LIVE YOUR FAITH and leave us alone!!! However, we as Catholics (ALL KNOW) that you as non-catholics, CANNOT DO THAT because your non-catholic beliefs "PREDICATED" on attacking Our Catholic Faith, the History of the Church, the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible and the Catholic Church.itself!....... You people use the same rhetoric as liberal politicians accusing Conservative Catholics as being hatefill against blacks because many of us didn't vote for Obama...... If your Orthodox faith is right for you and you believe that it is the truth for you to follow (then quit the attacks) and we as Catholics can live in Christian harmony and respect with each other beliefs!!!! Very simple!!!

Location hidden

#478194 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Hey nickie...did you go to idiot school lol...were you on the football team?? Wish I would have known you back then I would have gone to the idiot prom with ya..LOL;;;;;; oh but your my little idiot and I love every little idiot bit of you!
I attended Hooked on Moronic University.I graduated Magna Cum Laude which I had to earn by not passing gas for 1 year in class.I played Hunchback on the football team.We never won a game cause our scorekeeper at Home games didn't know his numbers.It was nor helpful that we were taught when we got possession of the ball we ha to say "Mother may I" before we could cross the scrimmage line.I was thrown off the team for taking too many Barney Flintstone vitamins.I missed a lot of home games because each time a home game was scheduled I suited up and wated at my house but noone showed up.

Location hidden

#478195 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You non-catholics justify your attacks against Our Catholic Faith, the Catholic Church initiated by Jesus Christ, and the HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH of over 2000 years of the Catholic Church, by calling us prideful and arrogant.......... This is just a non-catholic "excuse" to silence those of us who are sharing the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible--that we know "without a doubt" for us is the TRUTH!......If you believe (as convincingly, about your Church, as "we as Catholics do" about ours, then GO LIVE YOUR FAITH and leave us alone!!! However, we as Catholics (ALL KNOW) that you as non-catholics, CANNOT DO THAT because your non-catholic beliefs "PREDICATED" on attacking Our Catholic Faith, the History of the Church, the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible and the Catholic Church.itself!....... You people use the same rhetoric as liberal politicians accusing Conservative Catholics as being hatefill against blacks because many of us didn't vote for Obama...... If your Orthodox faith is right for you and you believe that it is the truth for you to follow (then quit the attacks) and we as Catholics can live in Christian harmony and respect with each other beliefs!!!! Very simple!!!
Clay Just quit dragging in the Orthodox church into your posts and implying that our churches are the same.Thats when I respond.

Location hidden

#478196 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you went to the same school that Dusty claims nick went too...lol...I didn't vote for Obama...and the only harmony that you will be able to live with is other catholics...you can blame this whole mess on clay and his underhanded practices....your arrogance is also an issue and so is your pride

Location hidden

#478197 Sep 25, 2013
<quoted text>I attended Hooked on Moronic University.I graduated Magna Cum Laude which I had to earn by not passing gas for 1 year in class.I played Hunchback on the football team.We never won a game cause our scorekeeper at Home games didn't know his numbers.It was nor helpful that we were taught when we got possession of the ball we ha to say "Mother may I" before we could cross the scrimmage line.I was thrown off the team for taking too many Barney Flintstone vitamins.I missed a lot of home games because each time a home game was scheduled I suited up and wated at my house but noone showed up.
Now I remember why I married you LOLOL

Location hidden

#478198 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I attack your pride and arrogance and the dirty tricks. Do you know that people are laughing at you now for reposting that same ole phase..WE ARE THE TRUE CHURCH. 2000 YEAR HISTORY.CHURCH THAT CHRIST FOUNDED....you believe that but no one else does or every will so give it up.It is like being in a circus and the trained dogs walk on their hind legs for a show.

Location hidden

#478199 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Orthodox church believes it is the true Church that Christ founded...do you see us bragging about that???? Are you beginning to understand?

Location hidden

#478200 Sep 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ will silence you for your arrogance and pride...we don't have to do a thing...pride being the worst sin of all since it was pride and vanity that caused satan to fall from heaven.....are you starting to get it??

Location hidden

#478201 Sep 25, 2013
I am off to bed..nickie I will be up to tuck you in and sing you a lullaby...lol..
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#478202 Sep 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>He presided over the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Commission on Roman Catholic Relations from 1963 until 1968 and accompanied the archbishop, Michael Ramsey on his historic visit to Rome in 1966.
you many times in the past have tried to foster this catholic apologist off on the people here. he is not representative of Christianity, and certainly not of Protestant beliefs.
as marge has said, the Protestant view is what the Apostles taught, not what was changed many centuries later by the rcc.
for instance, when Jesus said this is my body, He is speaking Spiritually, not litteraly, SINCE HE HAD NOT YET BEEN CRUCIFIED, and therefore we then have no other alternative but to accept that He was speaking to them to [remember] that He was giving His body for their sins to be remitted.
NEXT TIME PLEASE USE A PROTESTANT TO GIVE A VIEWPOINT, NOT A CATHOLIC APOLOGIST SUCH AS KELLY WAS.
He was a Protestant Hiostorian and highly respected scholar not a theologian. That can be verified very easily by a genius such as yourself, but then your massive brain power boasted often by you is rarely used. He was not a Catholic Apolgist. That Protestants teach what the Apostles tuaght is amusing. We have all awaited for the evdidence from Historians on this on anything that even resembles your eccleasiastical gatherings.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#478203 Sep 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>The Orthodox church believes it is the true Church that Christ founded...do you see us bragging about that???? Are you beginning to understand?
Yes Orthodox do that alot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Wed South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web