Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687239 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#478031 Sep 24, 2013
<<continued to Dust Storm>>
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
People learn by hearing and how can they learn if someone is not sent?
By understanding what Jesus taught, in your case - you have failed to do such.
Strike three.
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah just read the bible of every truth is spelled out clearly and everyone is in charge. Its all about self. ;0
If you are trying to prove the Bible as inaccurate, you are doing a splendid job at it. Because I can list many things within the Bible that DOES teach about Self, and many that teach evil.
Your statement sounds like you don't understand the Bible.
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ireneaus argument was simple.
Iraneaus was a self-righteous egomaniac, out to control people through greed and power.
I can see why you reference him, most Catholics I have met, seem to fall within the same description.
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me from whence you come.
ABQ, NM and my parents. And oh yeah, "God".
Why? Do you need a biblical or biological lesson in reproduction?
You do realize I just didn't "poof" into existence, right?
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your truths could not be found by anyone who was traced back to the Apostles.
Let's see - Thomas was an Apostle, John was an Apostle, Philip was an Apostle, James was an Apostles.
Now let's look at the Bible - "Paul" wasn't an Apostle, "Luke" wasn't an Apostle, Titus wasn't an Apostle, Philemon wasn't an Apostle. Do you need me to go on? It actually sounds like you aren't utilizing any of the Apostles to formulate your ruse.
Hmmmm.....you are beginning to sound very stupid, DS. I'd guess you are better than this.
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No further discussion necessary.
Oh yes there will be. Don't be so afraid to find your faults, as you will never find the salvation you seek.
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I have ignored you because you have nothing of value to say.
Quite the opposite, you just can't accept the facts I post.
If you didn't believe and follow men as you do, you wouldn't be in your predicament.
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why read anything its written by men but we should listen to you whatever you are. lol No Thanks. Have a nice life. Self it up. Its all good.
True on you shouldn't believe men. And that would include me.
But I've never asked you to believe. All I ever have done is post the facts that your religion and its swindlers have decidingly left out of the story. So your anger twoards me, should be redirected back at your own heirarchy of individuals who continue to allow the ruse to occur.
Well except Pope Francis, as he seems to finally have figured out what Jesus was really talking about. Why can't you?

Albuquerque, NM

#478032 Sep 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for accepting my prayers for your dear wife.
What's up with that link? I didn't see hojo's post.
Try clicking on the link.

Better yet - read the last few pages - I inserted hojo's exact words there too.

Don't be so lazy, Jesus doesn't like laziness.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#478033 Sep 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe it! My husband came from a Baptist church and the elders were doing the same thing. He left too, and is a Catholic now.
I'm sure the so-called pastors do the same. Hint Gif.
"Hinton" is a place in West Virgina...Near New River Gorge..

You aught to visit it some time...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#478034 Sep 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
If you paid really any attention to the OLD TESTAMENT you would not be a Roman Catholic...you would have to much respect for God than that.
Ecc 12:11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.
Ecc 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecc 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
My Old Testament, the one Jesus knew, is different than yours and it supports much of the doctrines you reject. So yes, I do pay attention. Thanks for your concern.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#478035 Sep 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit making things up New Age of which you and other Protestants have "become experts"!!........ The Catholic Church has "NEVER" changed its doctrine, since Jesus established HIS 1st Church at Antioch, in 33 AD to the Martrydom of St. Peter in 67AD, to martyrdom of Ignatius of Antioch in 107AD, to Polycarp in 155AD to St Justin in 165AD, Tertullion 202,St Cypian 258, St Basil in 379 up to the Canon of Sacred Scripture formed by the early Church Fathers and the Council of Trent who "officially listed the inspired books of the Bible in 397AD.AGAIN ---AS I have said before, the same books that you Protestants interpret (or better yet misinterpret) to your own demise and destruction!!!
FURTHERMORE, I will take "my wisdom, discernment and insight from the Spirit of God through His Son Jesus regarding the TRUE faith, and Salvation in Our Lord--- in and through HIS historically and biblically PROVEN One TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH over your "misguided, misdirected and misled (bible only (CONTRADICTING) intelligence) EACH and EVERY DAY at Daily Mass, with the Eucharist (Jesus Christ TRUE BODY AND BLOOD), adhering to and receiving the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Sacred Scriptures, the Sacraments and the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH in Our Lords One (and only one TRUE) Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ)
Did Peter or the Early Fathers ever think Genesis,was not
TO be believed about how God CREATED ADAM AND EVE ....y our Church now bows to Science HOJO saying they may have Bern descended from some other form if biological Life .

Bet that was,NOT EARLY CHURCH OR EVEN LATER CHURCH DOCTRINE..

Albuquerque, NM

#478036 Sep 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do! I don't lie.
Honesty must be hard to acknowledge with you, huh?

It's okay, many so-called "Christians" are like this. They would ratehr live in the dismay of lies than to face life and others with the honesty and truth in what Jesus asked of us to do.

Fear seems to be a problem here.

Fear you will be ridiculed for telling the truth that you don't believe in all of his teachings.

Fear of admitting that men chose the teachings you are to believe, and didn't choose the ones you should be.

Fear of failing.

Why is it that you can't be honest with me, but have to lie in such a direct and straight-forward manner?

Are you trying to impress others? Well, I for one, don't see you even doing that.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#478037 Sep 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I attended Baptist Church and was,Baptized ...after taking instruction..the CATHOLIC CHURCH WAS NEVER MENTIONED ..in one sermon..
I WATCH a Baptist preacher on TV at times,..nope no CATHOLIC s
Mentioned ..I have learned a lit since becoming a born again Christian..But never anything like what I ave heard here,..But then this is a,discussion board not a,Church ..
Rose, much of the acrimony here, at least from my viewpoint, is the result of non-Catholics telling me what I believe and that I'm going to hell for it. I hope you can recognize this.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478038 Sep 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Yes this was very helpful. Thanks for "splaining" that Ricky...LOL
Aha ..That makes you Lucy!!!! I knew it !!

Albuquerque, NM

#478039 Sep 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe men and so do I. I admit it, you won't. How's that?
Wow - really Anthony? A freely admitted truth. I'm happy you did this.

But you still don't get to say I do to, because in truth, I don't believe the men qwho wrote these texts.

I will accept and utilize the morals and teachings that are expressed, as everyone should, but believe that they were written for all people and all generations - Sorry - I just don't have it in me to say, "Yes, I believe those men know how I should be and act."

They don't. And neither do you, nor anyone.

That is honesty.

My path is mine, and mine alone. I will continue to travel it and I will continue to promote the good things I've experienced, in order to help others and to show them how invalid the teachings of men are and how they have caused people to blind themselves and others with promoting those fallacies.

I wonder if you can continue to be this honest.

We'll see, huh?

You've taken your first step toward the astonishment that Jesus spoke about.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#478040 Sep 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:

The church has always taught that Mary a creature as we all are needed a saviour.

She is not the redeemer or saviour.

She is not a goddess and no one but God is to be worshipped.

We do honor her. She did play a role in the redemptive plan of Christ and she was chosen unlike some who wish to make her any piece of flesh.

She shall be called blessed for generations except for those who wish to assault her verbally.

I believe you are trying to define the theological discussion given the name co-redemtrix. It is not a doctrine nor is it a dogma.

All it suggests is that Mary played a role in the plan of God.
Jesus is the only one who could die for our sins.

No one else and for you to suggest that Catholics believe something different that is another indication that you knew nothing at all about the faith you claim to have knowledge of.

From the beginning I have said it is best you seek answers about the church from the church, but you refuse and gobble up your anti-catholic rhetoric.

We are to understand that is what being a Christian is?

~~~
If what you say is true..

Why does Mary receive the glory from your Church that only belongs to Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#478041 Sep 24, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you must rate! He ridiculed my prayers for her. It's a good thing I don't pay any attention to him.:)
I ridicule the process of prayer, because I've yet to see it actually help someone. Just like every other so-called "Christian" on this forum and others, not one of you have openly decided to test prayer. All because you know deep down inside, that it is a mental rub thatyou make upon yourself, and to go about and show others some sort of compassion. When in truth, you probably could care less about my wife or me, just because I believe completely different than you.

Please make sure you have your story straight, before imposing false claims upon the forum.

And if you had paid attention to me, you may have learned a thing or two about yourself.

Maybe you did and have, but are just to darn afraid to admit that you had.

Who knows. You Catholics are always so self-centered, that it seems to cause the advice posted by others to become taboo, because you would rather believe other men had given you your correct belief.

Did you think I wouldn't read your post?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478042 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry your confused. I gave enough info for you to go on if you're interested in searching it yourself.
Google when the OT Jewish canon came into an agreement by the various Jewish sects.
The Jews were not unanimous on the canon until after Jesus was crucified and rose.
This means that Luther and the reformers chose to accept the canon declared by post Christian Jews.
Seriously Clay ...And you ARE the one,who takes the most posts,from us because you answer more ..

But really ...unless It's,fine one of you Saud YOUR SCRIPTURE ..meaning one of your clergy wrote it in a basement .

If the Gospels,are TRue..the letter from Paul authentic ...

If the history if the Jews,is,true ..the,Prophets,correctly quoted

I'm fine with what I read in it . AND THEY DO NOT BELONG tO THE RCC ALONE ..

Whatever Apocryphal books are in your bible ..great if hey inspire you .

The rest of the bible says the same in your bible and mine ...OURS ..he BODY OF BELIEVERS,...the CHURCH

And,addressing Surach ...Well JESUS IS IN EFFEXT THE AUTHOR if the BOOKS...any actual quotes were,originally from Him
And only used by Him to show,truth to he people who knew,the,law and the prophets,

For any of His teachings,He used parables HE MADE UP....

Any words,in a,prayer to God the,FATHER WERE HIS ALONE .

Albuquerque, NM

#478043 Sep 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, um, not sure how what I asked can be seen as twisting. We both believe writings that were penned by men. My criteria for believing their inspiration are different than yours.
...whereas my criteria is based upon what Jesus stated.

Yep - we do have different beliefs.

Albuquerque, NM

#478044 Sep 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
My criteria for believing their inspiration are different than yours.
That is because you like to limit "God's inspiration".

I don't.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478045 Sep 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it was the one before that. Whatever.
I was in the middle of a debate about sola scripture/scripture canon/scripture authenticity with someone else. You chimed in and appeared to take a jab me and I found that odd being that you should be in agreement with the Catholic Church on this subject.
No....I had a sincere question when I asked you which Apostles were killed by Jews and which were killed by Romans. You took that as a jab but no jab was intended.I am sorry that you misunderstood me...
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#478046 Sep 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I attended Baptist Church and was,Baptized ...after taking instruction..the CATHOLIC CHURCH WAS NEVER MENTIONED ..in one sermon..
I WATCH a Baptist preacher on TV at times,..nope no CATHOLIC s
Mentioned ..I have learned a lit since becoming a born again Christian..But never anything like what I ave heard here,..But then this is a,discussion board not a,Church ..
You haven't learned much it seems except what you want to believe.

Oh, no not Gif. Nothing but postive things about Catholics from that guy. lol

Yeah, pretty amazing how blind you are. All you have to do is turn on the tv or radio and I am pretty sure a day doesnt go by where some Protestant isnt attacking the Catholic Church. Its just Catholics who are mean. Oh wait...If you could actually read and see what your so called fellow brethren are posting daily in here, but that would be too much trouble. We all have it wrong, because John Paul II said its all good. NOT!

Lets see we are called the whore of Babylon, satan worhsippers, contanteists, idol worshippers, we are not saved, the church is evil, an abortion to the truth, we cant wait for the next crusade or inquistion which most of them know nothing about. The Eucharist is a cracker snack, we are cannibals, we dont know anything about scripture, Mary is a goddess, we pray to dead people, we added books to the bible, we drink wine behind curtains, all priests are pedophiles and drunks, Catholics sin it up all they want, Catholics are all liberals and promoters of homosexcuality, priests make loads of cash on funerals and annulments. The pope is God, False Jesuit Oaths, the Catholics have always been a bully and have always condoned hating the Jews, We baptize wrong, we do it all wrong. Not a single thing good in the church. The love just gushes out them when they arent arguing with one another.

Dispicable. Basically all you have to do is attack the church and then the rest is golden whatever you believe its ok. I missed quite a few others, but Roman Catholics are definitely going to Hell because Gif said so and All Catholics are definitely Roman Catholic those other Rites just didnt get the memo though. Dont you know the Waldensians werent really founded by their founder he met up with them and they go all the way back to the beginning. Must have been a big secret to everyone else.

The church believes it has the fullness of the truth. We are responding to your attacks and harsh denigration and twisting of what we believe. I dont know any Catholic in here who has said any protestant is going to hell, but a whole lot of Protestants have said Catholics are. You better check with Ox and other Baptists that drift in and out in attack mode, before you come to the conclusion that your little Baptist church is all innocent just like the rest. If you actually discussed but you dont, you just close your eyes. When Protestants were saying no protestants cover up abuse and I proved that was not true, you went into attack mode and got angry. Why? It wasnt about my church is better than your church for me it was but hyporisy and turning a blind eye to the truth. You excel at that and you have also refused to look at what the church teaches and why. Sorry, but you have made many false accusations yourself.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#478047 Sep 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Aha ..That makes you Lucy!!!! I knew it !!
Lucy with brown hair..lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#478048 Sep 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
You might find this interesting Rose.
"No communion for Nancy Pelosi: Vatican court head"
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/...
GOOD FOR THE CARDINAL..the,Church has rightly come out before on this,..But Biden and Pelosi were at the inaugural Mass for the Pope..
Proudly announcing themselves,as CATHOLIC..dud they receive Communion.in Rome .

What's bad . Really ..is the people next to many of us in Church who vote for these people ..

My sister ..very involved in her Church..gets,really upset over the attitude of other Catholics on voting .

By the polls almost half who voted votes liberally ..And for this,administration..i think that's,why they kept Biden ..

Some non CATHOLUCS,too but not at the percentage if Catholics.

I really don't understand it ..my Catholics friends,, I know ow they voted ..And how upset They are,..so who are theses,people .

I really wonder but good for he,Cardinal ..wonder what her pastor will do ???
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#478049 Sep 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...whereas my criteria is based upon what Jesus stated.
Yep - we do have different beliefs.
I thought you admitted to believing men? Do you have a text written by Jesus?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#478050 Sep 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No....I had a sincere question when I asked you which Apostles were killed by Jews and which were killed by Romans. You took that as a jab but no jab was intended.I am sorry that you misunderstood me...
The one before that was a jab. Whateva...I do not care. Have a good night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Kennedy 10,635
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Tue Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web