Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649741 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477712 Sep 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol. it took you several hours and you a greek student to realize what pseudo means?
I AM REALLY IMPRESSED WITH YOUR GREAT KNOWLEDGE.LOL
LOL....

Thank you....

I don't deny that I have can have a SENIOR MOMENT....the problem is the moment LASTS more than a MOMENT....LOL.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477713 Sep 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text><false believers>
overlooked this.
why don't you go back and read it to me in greek. I would appreciate that. and do me a favor that I have asked you in the past.
don't post to me, I abhor ignorance and you bring plenty of that to this forum
since in this instance, the word contained "Brethren" as any student would have known, not false believers as you are falsely stating, and if you would have used the KJV which is very, very accurate you would have seen this.
And that because of false brethren[pseudoadelphos] unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
Why are you so angry, Preston?

I told you that I was unsure....I wanted your help so I could understand.....

Believe it or not, I was trying to learn something....I wasn't trying to be funny.....I even told you that I was sorry if I was wrong....

Oh, just forget it....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477714 Sep 22, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I got a flu shot two weeks ago and my arm was sore for 1 week after. Never had that happen before either..also it got swollen and hard right were the needle went in.
Thank you, Seraphima...

At least, I know I am not the only one....

You and I can play some baseball tomorrow and work out our arms....LOL.....

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#477715 Sep 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Seraphima...
ok...lol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#477717 Sep 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Seraphima...
take some ear plugs in case she starts to sing.

Location hidden

#477718 Sep 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so angry, Preston?
I told you that I was unsure....I wanted your help so I could understand.....
Believe it or not, I was trying to learn something....I wasn't trying to be funny.....I even told you that I was sorry if I was wrong....
Oh, just forget it....
go back and read your post to me. you inferred that I used the WRONG word and then you tried to correct me.

you got caught as anyone could goggle that word and yet NO ONE even knew that word until I used it many years ago.lol

Location hidden

#477719 Sep 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text><false believers>
overlooked this.
why don't you go back and read it to me in greek. I would appreciate that. and do me a favor that I have asked you in the past.
don't post to me, I abhor ignorance and you bring plenty of that to this forum
since in this instance, the word contained "Brethren" as any student would have known, not false believers as you are falsely stating, and if you would have used the KJV which is very, very accurate you would have seen this.
And that because of false brethren[pseudoadelphos] unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
Hank, I am sorry but I was thinking it was Robert addressing this question to me. yes, that is exactly what it means. paul used this word concerning the Jews who were trying to bring these Christians back into bondage.

AGAIN I APOLOGIZE TO YOU

Location hidden

#477720 Sep 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Hank, I am sorry but I was thinking it was Robert addressing this question to me. yes, that is exactly what it means. paul used this word concerning the Jews who were trying to bring these Christians back into bondage.
AGAIN I APOLOGIZE TO YOU
again Hank, I was still stuck on this post from Robert who accused me of misspelling the Greek when he was using a different word that meant Brothers as in believers who followed Jesus not his half brothers.

Human Being wrote:

<quoted text>
Preston
Peace
Incorrect:
Adelphos
Adelphi
I will not go further, as it would be a waste of time to correct your understanding, since you can't even correctly spell the Greek.
Teach what you want to see, and believe it to be true, is the false prophets doom.

and I saw red for some time and didn't pay attention to your name.

AGAIN I APOLOGIZE TO YOU

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#477721 Sep 22, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I got a flu shot two weeks ago and my arm was sore for 1 week after. Never had that happen before either..also it got swollen and hard right were the needle went in.
Every time I get a flu shot my arm is sore for a few days.
Mine didn't swell though.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#477722 Sep 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>my [opinion] of mary is based on what the Bible says about her, not what I think or what others might think.
read John chapter 7. the Holy Ghost was not given until after He died, so mary could not have received the Holy Ghost until then.
Mary was chosen because she had the right bloodlines for the Messiah to come. however every Jewish maiden wanted to be the one to bring forth the Messiah and therefore she was overwhelmed to have been chosen. she was a vessel, but she is not the Creator and therefore we should not place that much emphasis on her being only a surrogate mother.
from Genesis to Revelations, the Emphasis is and must be placed on Jesus not mary
Which I surely do ..I promise ..I keep posting ..She is not a SAVIOUR or Redeemed..

I just think all of us arguing about her may take our focus from Our Lord ..And make enemies,where none need to be .

Just an opinion ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477723 Sep 22, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord have mercy.
I hope so ..no further comment comes to.mind on that post

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#477724 Sep 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
There you go again with your lies out of the pits of hell...
If Eve has a liaison with the devil and was Cains father...then you and your prophet must be descendents of Cain...
Me and my prophet? What prophet?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477725 Sep 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
1 Corinthians 10:13 (KJV)
www.Christ.com
Do you think that means, saved people will never give into temptation??

It that if fAced with temptation ...God can call hem to repentance if the do fall into sin.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#477726 Sep 22, 2013
dadmans abode wrote:
Who Is The Antichrist?... Major religions are currently anticipating the appearance of their “savior,” variously called,“Messiah,”“Jesus Christ,”“the Twelfth Mahdi,”“the Fifth Buddha,” or “the Tenth Avatar.” Within ecumenical circles, there is a growing awareness that one single man might actually fulfill all these religions’ expectations. A one-size-fits-all messiah would bring all the world’s religions together .. http://www.endtime.com/the-antichrist/
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
You are right.

Location hidden

#477727 Sep 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>take some ear plugs in case she starts to sing.
LOL now preston,I sing nickie to sleep every night with my beautiful voice and he hasn't complained.lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477728 Sep 22, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
My understanding is that each years,shot can be fir a difference strain.

I get sick every year at Christmas ..the ones,I catch from are the kids,and grand kids who all get flu shots ..do whatever they get ...is u the fly or something else ..obviously the shot wouldn't help ..I think Lol

I don't get them because one time,I got sick from it ..

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#477729 Sep 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't the kind of sacrifice that the Lord required.
Jude 1:11
11 Woe to them! They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion.
Abel offered his sacrifice "by faith."
Cain’s sacrifice was not offered "by faith."
Elucidate on what you mean by "BY FAITH" because I sense that you are quoting scripture that you are not comnprehnding accurately.

And you also seem to think that the kind of sacrifices one offers to the Lord doesn't matter but it matters GREATLY what kind of sacrifices one was supposed to offer to God. God Himself even gave instructions on what kind of offering to bring to Him and how to offer it.

The kind of sacrifice one offers does indeed matter greatly.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477730 Sep 22, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The "Hail Mary" A Biblical Prayer
In Catholicism there is a rich tradition of prayer. Now while a Protestant might pray the "Our Father" and even the "Glory Be," not many will pray the "Hail Mary" on grounds that it is not a Scriptural prayer and that it is wrong to pray to saints. But, is the "Hail Mary" an unbiblical prayer? No the "Hail Mary" is totally a Biblical prayer. Let's check out each part:
Luke 1:28 And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
Look at what Elizabeth says in:
Luke 1:42 And she cried out with a loud voice, and said: Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
Isn’t Jesus the fruit of Mary’s womb? And this prayer climaxes at the name of Jesus.
Now Protestants will most likely say that Mary is in Heaven and thus is Holy. But what about her being called the Mother of God.
While there is great misunderstanding by some about the phrase "Mother of God," it just means that Mary gave birth to Jesus who is in fact God. Therefore, Mary is the Mother of God. It does not mean that Mary is the creator of the Trinity or anything strange.
Luke 1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
There are many parallels showing that Mary is the new Ark of the Covenant, which we won’t get into right now. But, what Elizabeth says here about Mary and what David says about the Ark are strikingly similar.
Listen to David in 2 Samuel 6:9 And David was afraid of the LORD that day; and he said, "How can the ark of the LORD come to me?"
"The LORD" here in Hebrew means Yahweh. So, if you did a close investigation you would see that Elizabeth is really saying "How is it that the mother of Yahweh" can come to me.
There is also a part of the "Hail Mary" which asks Mary to pray for us.
James 5:16 says that "The prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effects." Well, who is more righteous than Mary? None but God.
The ultimate question is concerning Saints in Heaven and if they are aware of what is going on here on Earth. Certainly they are.
Luke 15:7 Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.
I know where the prayer comes from.knit ..really ...

On the last point ..I'm.sure it's,true ..there us joy in heaven over repentant sinners ..

Location hidden

#477731 Sep 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
My understanding is that each years,shot can be fir a difference strain.
I get sick every year at Christmas ..the ones,I catch from are the kids,and grand kids who all get flu shots ..do whatever they get ...is u the fly or something else ..obviously the shot wouldn't help ..I think Lol
I don't get them because one time,I got sick from it ..
I didn't use to get the flu shot but since nick got sick his doctors told me to get it since I care for him. I hardly ever get sick.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#477732 Sep 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Which I surely do ..I promise ..I keep posting ..She is not a SAVIOUR or Redeemed..
I just think all of us arguing about her may take our focus from Our Lord ..And make enemies,where none need to be .
Just an opinion ...
Again you spew nonsense. The church has always taught that Mary a creature as we all are needed a saviour. She is not the redeemer or saviour. She is not a goddess and no one but God is to be worshipped. We do honor her. She did play a role in the redemptive plan of Christ and she was chosen unlike some who wish to make her any piece of flesh. She shall be called blessed for generations except for those who wish to assault her verbally.

I believe you are trying to define the theological discussion given the name coredemtrix. It is not a doctrine nor is it a dogma. All it suggests is that Mary played a role in the plan of God. Jesus is the only one who could die for our sins. Noone else and for you to suggest that Catholics believe something different that is another indication that you knew nothing at all about the faith you claim to have knowledge of. From the beginning I have said it is best you seek answers about the church from the church, but you refuse and gobble up your anti-catholic rhetoric. We are to understand that is what being a Christian is? You make it up as you go along and hurl false witness. That is the message you convey. Preston the great Apostle. ROTFL That guy is no Apostle he is a Narcissist freak and instead of embracing false Apostles and saying oh its no biggie you can say and teach whatever you want. What you believe about mary is no biggie.

Ok, So Mary wasnt really a virgin. Try that one on. Hey why not some Protestants are saying that its no big deal its still Jesus.

As for Jesus Brothers I think the Greeks who spoke it who argued vigourously in favor that Jesus had no biological brothers had absolutely no clue they needed Geniuses like Preston to tell them what it means thousands of years later. lol Hey dont let it bother you that Protestant commissions have determined it impossible to prove from the bible alone that Jesus had biological brothers. Its your tradition. A Tradition which you want to believe primarily because you want to attack the notion that because the Church declared it dogma it is wrong. Again you fall short of proving it is. Its important to you only for that reason and what you do is insert your own tradition and ignore what was known and believed from the beginning.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/brethren-of-th...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 9 hr swedenforever 46
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web