Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679315 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#477512 Sep 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Niko,thanks for always having my back in life and I will always have yours. Gee, isnt that what husband and wives do for each other? Any wayssss...reminds me of a Sonny and Cher song,... they say were young and we don't know ( hmmm that fits ) wont find out until we've grown..( or joined up) I dunno if all that's true but babe you got me and babe I got you....Babe I got you babe....LOL
I sold a copy of the 1967 vinyl, about 6 months ago for $25.00.

:o)
truth

Helena Valley, Australia

#477513 Sep 21, 2013
your evil law is not my law as never going to be
no
truth

Helena Valley, Australia

#477514 Sep 21, 2013
para evil satanic program

very sad

“the final days are upon us”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#477515 Sep 21, 2013
Who Is The Antichrist?... Major religions are currently anticipating the appearance of their “savior,” variously called,“Messiah,”“Jesus Christ,”“the Twelfth Mahdi,”“the Fifth Buddha,” or “the Tenth Avatar.” Within ecumenical circles, there is a growing awareness that one single man might actually fulfill all these religions’ expectations. A one-size-fits-all messiah would bring all the world’s religions together .. http://www.endtime.com/the-antichrist/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#477516 Sep 21, 2013
dadmans abode wrote:
Who Is The Antichrist?... Major religions are currently anticipating the appearance of their “savior,” variously called,“Messiah,”“Jesus Christ,”“the Twelfth Mahdi,”“the Fifth Buddha,” or “the Tenth Avatar.” Within ecumenical circles, there is a growing awareness that one single man might actually fulfill all these religions’ expectations. A one-size-fits-all messiah would bring all the world’s religions together .. http://www.endtime.com/the-antichrist/
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
BOO!! Scared ya!

:o)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#477517 Sep 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Understanding the context of the text from Matt will serve you better to understand other teachings by Jesus. This one concerned divorce.
Matthew 19:3-12
Some Pharisees approached Jesus, and tested him, saying, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any cause whatever?" He said in reply, "Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator made them male and female and said, For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh ? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, no human being must separate." They said to him, "Then why did Moses command that the man give the woman a bill of divorce and dismiss her?" He said to them, "Because of the hardness of your hearts Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. I say to you, whoever divorces his wife (unless the marriage is unlawful) and marries another commits adultery." His disciples said to him, "If that is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry." He answered, "Not all can accept this word, but only those to whom that is granted. Some are incapable of marriage because they were born so; some, because they were made so by others; some, because they have renounced marriage for the sake of the Kingdom of heaven. Whoever can accept this ought to accept it."
Sounds to me like Jesus is saying divorce and remarriage is adultery and is praising those who remain celibate for the sake of the Kingdom of heaven. Sounds very Catholic to me.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#477518 Sep 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex is a gift from God, but so is celibacy. I don't understand why fundies believe Joseph's calling was to procreate with Mary when God already did. Why do you automatically assume Joseph and Mary had a intimate marriage? Christians immediately understood her to be a Holy ark that bore the word of God made flesh. For the first Christians- who were Jews- its unthinkable for a devout Jew to have sex such an ark.
Go by the Bible alone and you should see what Mary is by studying the OT accounts of the ark of the covenant.
Mt 1:24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

They did what husbands and wives do....that process produces cheeren...they had several...boys and girls...per Scripture..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477519 Sep 21, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually the reason that God accepted Abels offering was because Abel bought of thw "FIRSTLING" of his flock,i.e, his best to offer to God. Hoever scripture does not say that Cain brought of the "FIRSTFRUITS" of his produce etc.
Cain most likely bought God something that was not his very best which is why God rejected his offering.
It wasn't the kind of sacrifice that the Lord required.

Jude 1:11

11 Woe to them! They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion.

Abel offered his sacrifice "by faith."

Cain’s sacrifice was not offered "by faith."

Location hidden

#477520 Sep 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I asked what the definition of sin is or who's capable of sinning. You're saying they're sinless and Rose said sinless people don't need a Saviour, so the question remains; Do babies and the mentally handicapped need a Saviour?
Glad to help..

Sin: Any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.
Anyone....bar none....without the capacity to perform any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it, is not guilty of sin...

If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

Not guilty of sin = no need for a Saviour...per Scripture...

Saviour: a deliverer, i.e. God or Christ:--saviour.:

Note...It do say Christ or God....which reaffirms what Scripture says...Christ is not God and God is not Christ...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#477521 Sep 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to help..
Sin: Any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.
Anyone....bar none....without the capacity to perform any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it, is not guilty of sin...
If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
Not guilty of sin = no need for a Saviour...per Scripture...
Saviour: a deliverer, i.e. God or Christ:--saviour.:
Note...It do say Christ or God....which reaffirms what Scripture says...Christ is not God and God is not Christ...
Thanks Yoda.

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"

So not ALL have sinned?

Location hidden

#477522 Sep 21, 2013
And it goes on and on and on....

Los Angeles priest raped immigrant boys
January 22, 2013

A Los Angeles priest used bondage and targeted illegal immigrants in his decades long practice of raping Southern California boys, Catholic church records released Monday show.[LA Times]

Confidential letters filed as evidence in a civil case against Father Nicholas Aguilar Rivera reveal that church leaders protected Monsignor Peter Garcia and several other priests who sexually abused boys.

Garcia threatened to have one boy deported if he came forward to law enforcement with sexual abuse allegations. A monsignor documented the case in a letter to an archbishop.

“The priest took him to the jail and instructed him to either behave or else he would end up either in jail of back in Mexico,” the letter reads.“He was supposedly told if you talk, I have lawyer friends and I will surely have you deported.”

Location hidden

#477523 Sep 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Yoda.
"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"
So not ALL have sinned?
There is no cure for it....

Yes...For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God...

But and however, as I showed you, not all are guilty of sin....

Kindergarten level...
People commit murder...there are criminal laws against murder...the punishment is either death or life without parole...but some are not guilty of the crime due to insanity.....

Not guilty by reason of insanity - Legal Dictionary - The Free Dictionary
legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/not+gu... ;
not guilty by reason of insanity. Also found in: Dictionary/thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Wikipedia, 0.01 sec. not guilty by reason of insanity n. plea in court of a ...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477524 Sep 21, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Considering the fact that Satan was Cains father,the fact that Cain means 'POSSESSED',I find the name to be somewhat ironic. Whomever this "Msgr" was that you seem to think bought a great sermon stating that Eve mocked God with the name Cain,I find hard to swallow as well.
In the manuscripts Eve is shown as stating...ISH ETH YAHOVEH, which means 'WITH THE HELP OF YAHOVEH" I have gotten a man from the Lord. This hardly sems to be mocking God when she is shown as acknowledging God for giving her the child.
I have to conclude that whomever this Msgr was that you say brought a sermon on the subject in fact didn't know what he was talking about.
Cain...."possession" ....first-born with first rights to everything...

Abel....."breath"

Galatians 6:7

7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

Location hidden

#477525 Sep 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like Jesus is saying divorce and remarriage is adultery and is praising those who remain celibate for the sake of the Kingdom of heaven. Sounds very Catholic to me.
If your clergy was celibate...there would be no raping of young children by them!!!!

celibate: One who abstains from sexual intercourse, especially by reason of religious vows.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477526 Sep 21, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>A saint? I'm hardly a saint. Far from it,lol. I'm just a nobody, telling everybody, about somebody,that can save anybody.
Jesus Christ...

Location hidden

#477527 Sep 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Mt 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477528 Sep 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Why can't the Roman Catholics picture Mary and Joseph having sex? Do Roman Catholics believe sex within the confines of marriage is a sin? Is there a Roman Catholic on this forum who is married....and never had sex with their spouse. If so, why?
How is marriage consummated? By shaking hands? LOL LOL
Face it. Mary had her knickers down and that is that.
OldJG,

Please, this is not necessary...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#477529 Sep 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible says :
"When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit,
cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy."
Sounds to me like St. Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and declared Jesus as her Lord. Sounds like St. John leaped for joy at the sound of the Blessed Virigin's voice. Sounds like you don't have Luke 1 in your bible. You've made yourself an authority to declare what verses in the bible we should pay attention to and which we can ignore. Just one more reason why no Christian should listen to you.
QUESTION

IN YOUR CHURCH TODAY ...IF A WOMAN GAVE OUT A MESSAGE...WOULD YOUR CHURCH GIVE HER A HEARING...OR WOULD SHE BE TREATED AS THEY TREAT THE NUNS?.

If ELISABETH were giving a message to day ...MOST CHURCHES WOULD

ACCUSE HER OF DISTURBING PUBLIC WORSHIP...TELL HER TO SHUT UP, OR LEAVE..

THEY MIGHT EVEN THROW HER OUT BODILY...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477530 Sep 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Why can't the Roman Catholics picture Mary and Joseph having sex? Do Roman Catholics believe sex within the confines of marriage is a sin? Is there a Roman Catholic on this forum who is married....and never had sex with their spouse. If so, why?
Face it..
<quoted text>
Gutter? How is my statement not Christian? Were you born from an act of sex or were you hatched on a rock in the desert? Sex is a gift of God ...... not a dirty ugly gutter thing you believe it to be.
Please, OldJG....

This is what we must live by....

Men most love their wives as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477531 Sep 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Face it..
<quoted text>
You would be best served to correct the Roman Catholics and keep your mouth off my posts.
I will wait for your answer. Were you born from an act of sex or were you hatched on a rock in the desert?
No need for this, OldJG...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr superwilly 84,712
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... 5 hr Eric 9
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Mr Sir 10,546
News Why did Melania Trump wear a head covering at t... 22 hr nanoanomaly 1
News What is up with that strange photo of President... Sat Chilli J 14
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... May 26 BB Board 1
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
More from around the web