Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650333 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#477321 Sep 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How could Simon even think that he could buy God's power?
And, for Simon to even think that the apostles would like him do that?
Simon saw the abilities in the apostles to give a portion of the power to others by the laying on of their hands.
What kind of money do you think that Simon could have made?
Heart in the wrong place.....he was slipping....
I wasn't talking about Simon, I shared a testimony of a woman praying and hands were laid on her and she received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

if you havent ever seen or received Him, that is your fault, not mine. you must be saved first which is the first step.

I am certain that GIF can also give testimony to having received this baptism and also has seen others receive this Spiritual Experience.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477322 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But he sacrifice was already made ..for every sin..here is NO MORE SACRIFICE..NO.HEUFERS ..NO.LAMBS..
SOMEONE here explained that passage ..he Here we were saved as we were by the Cross ..BUT if they were going back to the LAW and some were .
Thinking following he law if he Jews was the Way...when they were NOT HAVING FAITH IN HE TRUE LAMBS sacrifice ...no.other sacrifice was KEFT to save them if they turned away back o the Law .
Now in our lives ..if we continue in Sin ..never returning it will be between God and the sinner ..their fate ..
I understand sin ..And repentance ...I.do not understand abandoning FAITH...YET many who call themselves atheists ...say they were once born Again Chrisians .
So they had lost FAITH in he one who sAved them
Is that what is meant by blasphemy of he HOLY Spirit ..I don't know ..
Even he Prodigal knew who his Father was ..knew to come back..
THats my best take on threshold thing on Hebrews
If I am one who loves Jesus heart and soul..And I.sin..even grievously .
I.still Have Grace ..the Holy Spirit to convict me ..
Some Christians suffer brokenness,by God to humble them and return them o he LORD...similar to the brokenness of the,Prodigal Son. God's grace is boundless.
Rose,

This passage is not for the person was has not been saved.

This passage is for Christians.

Christians, who are believers in Christ Jesus, who continues to deliberately sin.

This verse is an encouragement for those who call themselves Christians to be aware of the consequences of continuing to sin.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#477323 Sep 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct - the mind is the "holder" of our Self / consciousness / being.
<quoted text>
You have your view, but you still haven't shown "how you acquired faith", nor have you shown how you acquired belief.
If both were acquired without the use of your Self, then you will have to show how they were acquired.
I don't think you can.
<quoted text>
Yes - we are all energy. From the basic molecule to the energy we emit just by living.
William Tiller's experiments with energy and light shows that we humans DO emit energy.
http://www.tillerfoundation.com/subtle-energi...
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/reviews/Science...
<quoted text>
Wrong. Where did you come up with this about me? I've never stated this, but in fact, have spoken many times upon an afterlife.
I believe we transcend to this other spiritual world.
BTW you are projecting. You have not been accurate on what I believe, so how can you tell me how to believe? I am not like you nor do as you do, but you think you know my inner workings?
C'mon HB - please stop.
<quoted text>
Projection.
It must've been something I said, huh?
For the umpteenth time - I'm not an Atheist. Shoot - my login name should have given that away.
<quoted text>
Wow - really? Maybe if you had the courage to admit the facts I've presented are true and that your belief is based upon conjecture and personal theologies, then maybe you would begin a journey toward believing in what Jesus taught - no matter where those teachings are situated - instead of using only that which men have decided upon for you to believe.
Again, you've stated another incorrect conclusion.
Please state where "God" specifically states which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not.
Cheers.
NASL

If you make things complex, like asking me to describe in the past, "how I acquired faith and belief", are you asking me to tell you how all the atoms are arranged, and direction of photons in the universe were?

More or less that is what you are asking of me, and I just don't have the time and space to "redevelop" that stage in my life. It is not as easy as say, someone came up and handed me a dollar, that I could tell you when, where and how the event took place.

I have been reconsidering your name, sometimes I think of your no-religion needed, as really being superstition based. And that sadly sounds perjorative, but perhaps we all have a bit of it, due to our experiences and thus our beliefs.

The difficulty for the Christian, that believes Jesus is God, and you stating that Jesus is not God, means that you don't believe in God, or some variant logic of the situation..., perhaps gods in your case.

It is good to pursue a virtuous life according to the teachings of Jesus, and in that, there is great reward, both now, and possibly in the future. Repentance is a means here that opens the door to heaven, and Jesus is the door. Your choice of turning faith, which is the key, which unlocks the door.
Regina

Bloomfield, NJ

#477324 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice deflect but not on point
The scriptures again..who wrote hem..the guy in the basement or he disciples,??
If it was the disciples ..the Church
put them together ..period
Now Mary says God is her Saviour ..a,so less person....only Jesus...dies NOT NEED A Saviour
She wAs Saved by the power of the Holy Spirit ...She acknowledged by FAthER Saviour ..She knew Jesus as Lord before any one ...as the
Angel announced
So.was she sinless as announced by your pope in 1850. Or did Dr become a born Again believer as we,do by the power of God .
Your Pope or scripture
Nope, no deflection, Rose. You do realize, don't you, that there were numerous writings *from the disciples* that did not make it into the canon? The Church under the guidance of the Holy Spirit as promised by Christ were the ones who determined what was inspired and what was not. They did not simply "put them together" like Staples or Office Depot!

As for the Blessed Virgin Mary needing a savior, I'm surprised you didn't learn this in Catholic school. It's the basic teaching on the Immaculate Conception. She was saved by Christ just as we all were. And, as has been pointed out to you by myself and others, the formal declaration by the Church in 1854 in no way means that it wasn't believed for centuries prior to that.
Why you were provided with links that inform that your founding fathers (Luther, et al.) believed it as well.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477325 Sep 20, 2013
correction - "who" has not been saved.
Regina

Bloomfield, NJ

#477326 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
SIRRY ..A SINLESS PERSON DOES NOT NEED,A Saviour .
SHE was a good Jewish maiden..chosen by God .
Are you sure you went to Catholic school??
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#477327 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary called God her Saviour ..was she lying ???
She was saved by he power of the HOLY Spirit ..having FAIH IN HER SAVIOUR...
YOU BIEVE YOYR CHYRCH. NOT Mary .. intersting.
Need I g and having a Saviour DOES,NOT MAKE HER LESS HOLY or deserving of being the Mother of God Regina,...
RoSesz

Peace

I do not know what you think on the subject, but some think that God created the universe and went away. But I think, that God is everywhere and eternal. All that He created is thus being continually upheld by Him. It is in this sense Mary declares God is her Savior. And as a Christian, we should also embrace this, as do all angels, even Satan(who abhors this truth).

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#477328 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another one who.does not read ..I.DID JUST POST
SHE WAS BLESSED
SHE WAS A VIRGIN.
a sinless immaculate person does NOT NEDD A Saviour
You folks accuse us of rewriting ..the contortions you go through to.side wiTH your pope over scripture amaze Me..
ALL SIN
ALL FALL SHORT
ONE PEFRCT
JESUS.
....but yet you think fallible men could define an infallible being.

You are confused or just want to continue what men tell you to believe.

Gotcha.

Why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught?
Regina

Bloomfield, NJ

#477329 Sep 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
This one's going in my favorites.
So much for the Catholic Church being the only ones who believe this.
Weren't we told that the protestants here are fully aware of the beliefs of the Orthodox? Guess they aren't.

Unfortunately, those who really need to read it, who need the education, the evangelization, will ignore it. That's always the way; it's a pity.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477330 Sep 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't talking about Simon, I shared a testimony of a woman praying and hands were laid on her and she received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.
if you havent ever seen or received Him, that is your fault, not mine. you must be saved first which is the first step.
I am certain that GIF can also give testimony to having received this baptism and also has seen others receive this Spiritual Experience.
Believe my, Preston, I have seen people trying to pass this off....

And, the minute that I started asking questions, they changed the subject or took me to someone else to speak with....some of them were even rude....

Some of the same people came back a few weeks later to do the same thing over again......

Again, there are no apostles today that can hand this down....
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477331 Sep 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>those who claim that Mary never had children are the people obsessed with the sexual problem.
they seem to think that mary was willing to break the commandment to "go forth and multiply", which would keep her out of Heaven by sinning against His Commandment
So when Jesus praised celibacy or when St. Paul remained celibate they were obssessed with sex and sinned against the commandment?
Michael

Canada

#477332 Sep 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Any person living in sin, homosexual or heterosexual, will not enter heaven.
So what you are saying is that you know every sin that you have committed and you have confessed each and every one of them.

You know every element of what constitutes a sin?

UNBELIEVABLE!

Albuquerque, NM

#477333 Sep 20, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
If you make things complex, like asking me to describe in the past, "how I acquired faith and belief", are you asking me to tell you how all the atoms are arranged, and direction of photons in the universe were?
Diversion.

You know what I mean, but decided to take it in a different direction.

If you say you have "faith and beleif", then you surely must know when it was given to you, because you said both are not learned, but given to you by "God". I disagree.

How did you acquire your faith and belief? C'mon, it can't be this difficult to say, or is it?
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
More or less that is what you are asking of me, and I just don't have the time and space to "redevelop" that stage in my life. It is not as easy as say, someone came up and handed me a dollar, that I could tell you when, where and how the event took place.
Of course you don't, because that is NOT what I was asking.

Apply some honesty to yourSelf HB, and you will understand what to say.

Do you think I will judge you for being honest? I won't.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been reconsidering your name, sometimes I think of your no-religion needed, as really being superstition based. And that sadly sounds perjorative, but perhaps we all have a bit of it, due to our experiences and thus our beliefs.
Well, okay. You have an objection to my belief. So?

My beleif stems from understanding what Jesus taught. It also stems from the fact that "God" never deemed any specific text more holy than another.

I've chosen to follow Jesus and what he taught about the Father, not what he taught about "God".
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
The difficulty for the Christian, that believes Jesus is God, and you stating that Jesus is not God, means that you don't believe in God, or some variant logic of the situation..., perhaps gods in your case.
Jesus never called himself "God", why should you?
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
It is good to pursue a virtuous life according to the teachings of Jesus, and in that, there is great reward, both now, and possibly in the future. Repentance is a means here that opens the door to heaven, and Jesus is the door. Your choice of turning faith, which is the key, which unlocks the door.
WHEW-WHEW!! When do you think so-called "Christians" will begin to believe in what Jesus taught, so they can change into this new being also? Are you going to?

I'll see you at the end of the line!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477334 Sep 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>those who claim that Mary never had children are the people obsessed with the sexual problem.
they seem to think that mary was willing to break the commandment to "go forth and multiply", which would keep her out of Heaven by sinning against His Commandment
Speaking of not going forth and multiplying, why do protestant communities teach that contraception is no big deal?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#477335 Sep 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
~~~

They degrade the intimate lives of Mary and Joseph to

a subject of gossip ....for tabloid magazines...

The truth from the Bible evidently was just not dirty enough to feed

their thirst for sexual exploitation ..

so they had to invent something to feed their carnal minds and excite

their ungodly appetites for sensuality...

~~~
It is with them.... as God said about the people in Noah's day...

Gen_6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Albuquerque, NM

#477336 Sep 20, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church under the guidance of the Holy Spirit as promised by Christ were the ones who determined what was inspired and what was not.
WHOOP!! THERE IT IS!!

Fallible men deciding what other fallible men are to believe.

No "God" involved.

What proof do you have that the HS was involved? Just because someone told you it was? You have no proof or citation that shows this, EXCEPT FROM MEN.

Why are you and other Catholics so gullible?

Oh yeah, because you don't have the ability to choose and be honest.
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
They did not simply "put them together" like Staples or Office Depot!
Yes they did, stop trying to pull a fast one and apply honesty to your belief.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#477337 Sep 20, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
So much for the Catholic Church being the only ones who believe this.
Weren't we told that the protestants here are fully aware of the beliefs of the Orthodox? Guess they aren't.
Unfortunately, those who really need to read it, who need the education, the evangelization, will ignore it. That's always the way; it's a pity.
your problem is 1 you dont pay attention to any words that dont fit in what you want to believe 2. you lie. Noone ever ever said that the Protestants are FULLY aware of Orthodox beliefs.Did you know the Orthodox vary from the Caths in a very important belief re Theotokos? WE are all the same right?? Less humiliating, more study.
Regina

Bloomfield, NJ

#477338 Sep 20, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>your problem is 1 you dont pay attention to any words that dont fit in what you want to believe 2. you lie. Noone ever ever said that the Protestants are FULLY aware of Orthodox beliefs.Did you know the Orthodox vary from the Caths in a very important belief re Theotokos? WE are all the same right?? Less humiliating, more study.
Yes, yes, yes, everyone is a liar and the Orthodox are different, and, and, and, but, but, but......whatever it takes to distance yourself from your church of origin. Uh, huh.

Less arrogance, more honesty, try it hermi. I didn't come here to fight with you. Smile, you're on candid camera!

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#477339 Sep 20, 2013
It is a cult!
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#477340 Sep 20, 2013
Beyond Sunday: A Mystery Man

[Editor's note: Beyond Sunday is a Monday refresher to carry you through the week.]

Focus Verse of the Week

And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine.(He was priest of God Most High.)(Genesis 14:18, ESV)

Classic Commentary

During Abram's sojourn in Canaan, this priest and king met and treated him with hospitality (Genesis 14:18-20). Much mystery appears to hang about this distinguished personage. Various theories have been advanced concerning him. Some assert that he was God Almighty. This is not so, for he was "the priest of the most high God" (Genesis 14:18). Others assert that he was Jesus Christ. This is not so, for he was "made like the Son of God" (Hebrews 7:3). It is asserted in the Scriptures that he was a man (Hebrews 7:14). If you will reflect that the Scriptures deal with him in his official capacity, the difficulties and mysteries surrounding him will immediately vanish. Let us take a closer view. The history of the world, from the Biblical standpoint, naturally divides itself into three different periods, which for want of better terms I will designate,

the Patriarchal dispensation,
the Jewish dispensation,
the Christian dispensation.

Each dispensation is characterized by a priesthood peculiarly its own. There was no regular priestly line from the transgression to the giving of the law of Moses. In a general way, it may be asserted that every man was his own priest (Genesis 4:1-4, Genesis 12:7-8, Genesis 15:8-18, Genesis 26:19-25, Genesis 31:43-55, Genesis 35:1-15, Genesis 46:1). During this age Melchizedek appeared. He was king of Salem and priest of the most high God. We know nothing of his duties or prerogatives as priest or king. We know that he did not belong to any special priestly order. His priestly office was independent of all other men. In the priestly office he was without father and without mother and without descent. No record was kept of his installation as priest, his official acts, or his death; hence, so far as the record is concerned, he was without beginning of days or end of life.

At the inauguration of the second dispensation an entire family was set apart to the priestly office, and the priestly office remained in that family and was transmitted from father to son and from generation to generation to the death of Christ (Exodus 29:1, Exodus 29:29; Numbers 17, Numbers 18:1-7; Hebrews 7:11, Hebrews 7:23-28).

David predicted that a priest should arise after the order of Melchizedek (Psalms 110:4). This is repeatedly affirmed by the author of Hebrews. The priesthood of the Christian dispensation is after the order of Melchizedek, and not after the order of Aaron. Jesus became a priest when he entered heaven by his own blood (Hebrews 8:1-4, Hebrews 10:11-12). His priesthood is independent. He had no predecessor, and he will have no successor. He will remain in heaven and officiate as priest until the work of redemption is done.

A Thought to Keep

Consider how carefully God has revealed Himself throughout the history of His grace. Nothing has or will happen by accident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web