Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658582 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Regina

Bloomfield, NJ

#477302 Sep 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>not really worth respondidng too, but I am bored so there it is.
people were lied to by the catholic church.
NUFF SAID!!!
but today, you couldn't convince people that mary lived with her husband and never had sex with him.
just how many children do you have with your wife? CASE CLOSED
Why is Mary Considered Ever-Virgin?
A Protestant inquirer recently wrote the Orthodox Christian Information Center to ask why it is a dogma of the Orthodox Church that the Blessed Virgin Mary is ever-virgin. This page was compiled as a response.

Two dogmas concerning the Mother of God are bound up, in closest fashion, with the dogma of God the Words becoming man. They are: a) Her Ever-virginity, and b) Her name of Theotokos.

When the heretics and simple blasphemers refuse to acknowledge the Ever-virginity of the Mother of God on the grounds that the Evangelists mention the "brothers and sisters of Jesus," they are refuted by the following facts from the Gospel:
http://orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/evervirgin ....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477303 Sep 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Any person living in sin, homosexual or heterosexual, will not enter heaven.
YEP!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477304 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As,I have said repeatedly.
Ask James who is mother was wen you see him
Other wise discussing the marriage bed of Joseph..who was told by he Angel of the Lord ...to take her to WIFE.....IS UNSEEMLY...
I learned one thing as a child ..but he more I read and learn..I believe it's possible Joseph and Mary were both obedient Jewish married people .
Another mystery
But on the rest of my post ..if you believe Mary's words ...SHE NEEDED A SAVIOUR...She received the Holy Spirit and acknowledged FAITH IN HER SAVIOUR ..
SO WHO DO YOU BELIEVE...MARY. OR A POPE 1800 ears later about an immaculate conception...here is your challenge..the scripture where Mary recognizes,HER SAVIOUR..it your Church..
Interesting choice ...
Mary needed a Saviour. No pope or Catholic has ever said otherwise. The more I read your posts Rose, the more I realize you had a very immature understanding of Catholic doctrine and and a poor catechesis. It not necessarily your fault though, the Church hasn't always done the best job teaching the faith.
Regina

Bloomfield, NJ

#477305 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary called God her Saviour ..was she lying ???
She was saved by he power of the HOLY Spirit ..having FAIH IN HER SAVIOUR...
YOU BIEVE YOYR CHYRCH. NOT Mary .. intersting.
Need I g and having a Saviour DOES,NOT MAKE HER LESS HOLY or deserving of being the Mother of God Regina,...
Another point I'd like to make is that what IS interesting is the fact that it was the Catholic Church who discerned under the guidance of the Holy Spirit as promised by Jesus Christ that the words spoken by the Blessed Virgin Mary were inspired and belonged in the canon of scripture in the first place.

So to say I believe the Church is quite right, thank you! That's exactly what Christ intended!!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477306 Sep 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>not really worth respondidng too, but I am bored so there it is.
people were lied to by the catholic church.
NUFF SAID!!!
but today, you couldn't convince people that mary lived with her husband and never had sex with him.
just how many children do you have with your wife? CASE CLOSED
Today people are obssessed with sex. It wasn't always that way. Chastity and virginity was considered a virtue and Jesus praised it.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477307 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
She was blessed by God eh o chose her o carry Jesus ..She was blessed by being conceived of the HOLY Spirit ..She was blessed by having the gift of GrAce (full of grAce ) by which. GIFT she Had faith in HER SAVIOUR...
SHE WAS A VIRGIN .conceived by the Spirit of God ..
She was a Blessed Virgin ..most surely.
SHE was conceivably he most blessed of Humans in hat she was chosen o be the Mother of Jesus ..But she was a normal human being until the SPIRIT came ..devout Jew I'm sure ..obedient o her parents and he law,I'm sure ..But HUMAN..
Right, she was human and she needed a Saviour. No Catholic says otherwise. This line of dicussion was started by confrint when he said Catholics made up lies by calling her blessed virgon.
Regina

Bloomfield, NJ

#477308 Sep 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
Catholic Saint of the Day
Andrew Kim Taegon-Paul Chong Hasang-and Companions
1821-1846
all martyred for their faith)
We marvel at the fact that the Korean Church was strictly a lay Church for a dozen years after its birth, until it became Catholic! How did the people survive without the Eucharist? It is no belittling of this and other sacraments to realize that there must be a living faith before there can be a truly beneficial celebration of the Eucharist. The sacraments are signs of God's initiative and response to faith already present. The sacraments increase grace and faith, but only if there is something ready to be increased.
Quote:
"The Korean Church is unique because it was founded entirely by lay people. This fledgling Church, so young and yet so strong in faith, withstood wave after wave of fierce persecution. Thus, in less than a century, it could boast of 10,000 martyrs. The death of these martyrs became the leaven of the Church and led to today's splendid flowering of the Catholic Church in Korea. Even today their undying spirit sustains the Christians in the Church of silence in the north of this tragically divided land" (Blessed John Paul II, speaking at the canonization). v
The memorials of the Martyrs are particularly beautiful. The second reading in today's Office is from Fr. Andrew Kim Taegon:

Second reading
From the final exhortation of Andrew Kim Taegon, priest and martyr
Love and perseverance are the crown of faith
http://divineoffice.org/

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#477309 Sep 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose,
If a person has been saved (baptized in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ,) they have obtained forgiveness of their sins.
BUT, if they <<<<<deliberate ly>>>>> keep on sinning, there is NO sacrifice for sin.
Hebrews 10:26
26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have *****received the knowledge of the truth,***** no sacrifice for sins is left,
***they received the knowledge of the truth*****
***NO sacrifice for sins is left***
But he sacrifice was already made ..for every sin..here is NO MORE SACRIFICE..NO.HEUFERS ..NO.LAMBS..

SOMEONE here explained that passage ..he Here we were saved as we were by the Cross ..BUT if they were going back to the LAW and some were .
Thinking following he law if he Jews was the Way...when they were NOT HAVING FAITH IN HE TRUE LAMBS sacrifice ...no.other sacrifice was KEFT to save them if they turned away back o the Law .

Now in our lives ..if we continue in Sin ..never returning it will be between God and the sinner ..their fate ..

I understand sin ..And repentance ...I.do not understand abandoning FAITH...YET many who call themselves atheists ...say they were once born Again Chrisians .

So they had lost FAITH in he one who sAved them

Is that what is meant by blasphemy of he HOLY Spirit ..I don't know ..

Even he Prodigal knew who his Father was ..knew to come back..

THats my best take on threshold thing on Hebrews

If I am one who loves Jesus heart and soul..And I.sin..even grievously .
I.still Have Grace ..the Holy Spirit to convict me ..

Some Christians suffer brokenness,by God to humble them and return them o he LORD...similar to the brokenness of the,Prodigal Son. God's grace is boundless.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477310 Sep 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>no one on here has ever claimed that mary was not a virgin when the angel came to her.
but the Bible never claims that she remained a virgin, especially when the Bible is clear that Jesus had other brothers and sisters.
New Living Translation
Someone told Jesus, "Your mother and your brothers are outside, and they want to see you."
There wasn't a peep about her perpetual virginity. confrint said we made up lies about her being a virgin and blessed. But go ahead and keep on defending him.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477312 Sep 20, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Another point I'd like to make is that what IS interesting is the fact that it was the Catholic Church who discerned under the guidance of the Holy Spirit as promised by Jesus Christ that the words spoken by the Blessed Virgin Mary were inspired and belonged in the canon of scripture in the first place.
So to say I believe the Church is quite right, thank you! That's exactly what Christ intended!!
Nice deflect but not on point

The scriptures again..who wrote hem..the guy in the basement or he disciples,??

If it was the disciples ..the Church
put them together ..period

Now Mary says God is her Saviour ..a,so less person....only Jesus...dies NOT NEED A Saviour

She wAs Saved by the power of the Holy Spirit ...She acknowledged by FAthER Saviour ..She knew Jesus as Lord before any one ...as the

Angel announced

So.was she sinless as announced by your pope in 1850. Or did Dr become a born Again believer as we,do by the power of God .

Your Pope or scripture

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#477313 Sep 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>there is SUCH a big difference between him and you, 180 difference in fact.
this was a man that loved the Lord and served Him faithfully for over 50 years. He Planted many churches in several states, Always leaving them in Good Hands. on Facebook right now, the page is full with people offering condolences to the family.
to sera and Ros, thanks a lot. He used to sing a song just for me, named "from the saddle to the ground" of a cowboy who had found the Lord.
I have absolutely no reason to doubt any word you have stated. I feel certain that all saw him as a man called of God. A Christian through and through....and I have no reason to believe he was not what he appeared to be...there is no reason for me to think that he is not in Heaven....and, from what you are saying, I do believe he is there...but...

By the same token the same could have been said of Judas before the last supper.....no one but God knows the heart of man...

BTW...knowing, as you do, that he is in Heaven....should you not be rejoicing instead of "crying in your beer"????!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477314 Sep 20, 2013
SIRRY ..A SINLESS PERSON DOES NOT NEED,A Saviour .

SHE was a good Jewish maiden..chosen by God .

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477315 Sep 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>of course, you disagree.
God and the Holy Ghost don't enter into your church so of course, you will not see His Power and Glory.
and I will readily admit that not all receive this Baptism of the Holy Ghost, some want, but don't want to die out to self
How could Simon even think that he could buy God's power?

And, for Simon to even think that the apostles would like him do that?

Simon saw the abilities in the apostles to give a portion of the power to others by the laying on of their hands.

What kind of money do you think that Simon could have made?

Heart in the wrong place.....he was slipping....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#477316 Sep 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible, the written Word of God, calls Mary a virgin and says she is blessed. You call us Catholics liars for calling her the blessed virgin. You cannot on the one hand use the bible as "God's Word" to bludgeon people and then dismiss what it says as just one person's opinion.
Was Mary a virgin? Was she blessed? If you say no, you deny God's Word. If you say yes, I will accept your apology for calling us liars.
I HAVE NO APOLOGY FOR YOU..

BECAUSE YOU ARE LIARS AGAINST THE TRUE WORD OF GOD...FOR YOU OWN SELFISH REASONS...TO CREATE A goddess and elevate her...

I BELIEVE MARY WAS BLESSED..AND it is an axiom that THE BIBLES SAYS BEFORE JESUS WAS CONCEIVED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT MARY WAS A VIRGIN,

BUT AFTER JESUS WAS BORN,...

ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES SHE HAD A FAMILY..

WHICH INCLUDING JESUS WAS

at least seven children...

HERE YOU COUNT THEM for yourself...IN

Mat 13:55 Is not this 1.(JESUS)the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren,2. James, and 3.Joses, and 4..Simon, and 5.Judas?

Mat 13:56 And his 7.(AT LEAST TWO) sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

IN

Mar_6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

QUESTION

WHY ARE YOU OFFENDED BECAUSE OF MARYS FAMILY..

YOU WIPE OUT MARY'S FAMILY TO PROPAGATE YOU LIES...YET YOU CALL HER BLESSED...

Luk_6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

WHAT IF A LYING CHURCH LEADER WIPES OUT THE MEMORY OF YOUR FAMILY.

WOULD YOU APPRECIATE IT?

IF MARY IS BLESSED TO YOU... CEASE YOUR ATTEMPTING TO ERASE/ANILATE HER FAMILY AND STOP LYING ABOUT HER.

IS YOUR LIE ABOUT THE PERPETUAL VIRGINITY OF MARY WORTH LOSING YOUR SOUL

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#477317 Sep 20, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, of course. No one is denying that the Blessed Virgin Mary was saved by Christ.
This is something you should have learned in Catholic school.
Btw, "for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.".....why don't you?
Another one who.does not read ..I.DID JUST POST

SHE WAS BLESSED

SHE WAS A VIRGIN.

a sinless immaculate person does NOT NEDD A Saviour

You folks accuse us of rewriting ..the contortions you go through to.side wiTH your pope over scripture amaze Me..

ALL SIN

ALL FALL SHORT

ONE PEFRCT

JESUS.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477318 Sep 20, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is Mary Considered Ever-Virgin?
A Protestant inquirer recently wrote the Orthodox Christian Information Center to ask why it is a dogma of the Orthodox Church that the Blessed Virgin Mary is ever-virgin. This page was compiled as a response.
Two dogmas concerning the Mother of God are bound up, in closest fashion, with the dogma of God the Words becoming man. They are: a) Her Ever-virginity, and b) Her name of Theotokos.
When the heretics and simple blasphemers refuse to acknowledge the Ever-virginity of the Mother of God on the grounds that the Evangelists mention the "brothers and sisters of Jesus," they are refuted by the following facts from the Gospel:
http://orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/evervirgin ....
This one's going in my favorites.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477319 Sep 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I HAVE NO APOLOGY FOR YOU..
BECAUSE YOU ARE LIARS AGAINST THE TRUE WORD OF GOD...FOR YOU OWN SELFISH REASONS...TO CREATE A goddess and elevate her...
I BELIEVE MARY WAS BLESSED..AND it is an axiom that THE BIBLES SAYS BEFORE JESUS WAS CONCEIVED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT MARY WAS A VIRGIN,
BUT AFTER JESUS WAS BORN,...
ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES SHE HAD A FAMILY..
WHICH INCLUDING JESUS WAS
at least seven children...
HERE YOU COUNT THEM for yourself...IN
Mat 13:55 Is not this 1.(JESUS)the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren,2. James, and 3.Joses, and 4..Simon, and 5.Judas?
Mat 13:56 And his 7.(AT LEAST TWO) sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?
IN
Mar_6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
QUESTION
WHY ARE YOU OFFENDED BECAUSE OF MARYS FAMILY..
YOU WIPE OUT MARY'S FAMILY TO PROPAGATE YOU LIES...YET YOU CALL HER BLESSED...
Luk_6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
WHAT IF A LYING CHURCH LEADER WIPES OUT THE MEMORY OF YOUR FAMILY.
WOULD YOU APPRECIATE IT?
IF MARY IS BLESSED TO YOU... CEASE YOUR ATTEMPTING TO ERASE/ANILATE HER FAMILY AND STOP LYING ABOUT HER.
IS YOUR LIE ABOUT THE PERPETUAL VIRGINITY OF MARY WORTH LOSING YOUR SOUL
Thanks for kinda retracting your statement I guess.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#477320 Sep 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Today people are obssessed with sex. It wasn't always that way. Chastity and virginity was considered a virtue and Jesus praised it.
those who claim that Mary never had children are the people obsessed with the sexual problem.

they seem to think that mary was willing to break the commandment to "go forth and multiply", which would keep her out of Heaven by sinning against His Commandment

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#477321 Sep 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How could Simon even think that he could buy God's power?
And, for Simon to even think that the apostles would like him do that?
Simon saw the abilities in the apostles to give a portion of the power to others by the laying on of their hands.
What kind of money do you think that Simon could have made?
Heart in the wrong place.....he was slipping....
I wasn't talking about Simon, I shared a testimony of a woman praying and hands were laid on her and she received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

if you havent ever seen or received Him, that is your fault, not mine. you must be saved first which is the first step.

I am certain that GIF can also give testimony to having received this baptism and also has seen others receive this Spiritual Experience.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477322 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But he sacrifice was already made ..for every sin..here is NO MORE SACRIFICE..NO.HEUFERS ..NO.LAMBS..
SOMEONE here explained that passage ..he Here we were saved as we were by the Cross ..BUT if they were going back to the LAW and some were .
Thinking following he law if he Jews was the Way...when they were NOT HAVING FAITH IN HE TRUE LAMBS sacrifice ...no.other sacrifice was KEFT to save them if they turned away back o the Law .
Now in our lives ..if we continue in Sin ..never returning it will be between God and the sinner ..their fate ..
I understand sin ..And repentance ...I.do not understand abandoning FAITH...YET many who call themselves atheists ...say they were once born Again Chrisians .
So they had lost FAITH in he one who sAved them
Is that what is meant by blasphemy of he HOLY Spirit ..I don't know ..
Even he Prodigal knew who his Father was ..knew to come back..
THats my best take on threshold thing on Hebrews
If I am one who loves Jesus heart and soul..And I.sin..even grievously .
I.still Have Grace ..the Holy Spirit to convict me ..
Some Christians suffer brokenness,by God to humble them and return them o he LORD...similar to the brokenness of the,Prodigal Son. God's grace is boundless.
Rose,

This passage is not for the person was has not been saved.

This passage is for Christians.

Christians, who are believers in Christ Jesus, who continues to deliberately sin.

This verse is an encouragement for those who call themselves Christians to be aware of the consequences of continuing to sin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 35 min Proud2Goson 10,242
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web