Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627267 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#477266 Sep 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~~
YOUR WHOLE RELIGION MAKES GOD OUT TO BE A LIAR,,,
IF YOU DID NOT ...USE JESUS TO NAME DROP...YOUR RELIGION COULD BE CONNECTED TO JUST ABOUT ANY RELIGION THAT EXIST ON THE EARTH...
AND IT WILL BE CONNECTED TO THE ANTICHRIST WHEN HE COMES...
90% OF YOUR TEACHING DOGMA RITUALS...CALISTHENICS AND IDOLATRY HAVE NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH JESUS...
This scripture from the first chapter in Romans fits you religious society ...

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God,

neither were thankful;

but became vain in their imaginations, and

their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise,

they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image

made like to corruptible man,

and to birds, and

fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie,

and worshipped and served the creature

more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

IF YOU ARE NOT DEFENDING A HUMAN BEING CALLED MARY... AGAINST THE TRUTH OF THE WORD OF GOD....

WILL YOU PLEASE GIVE SCRIPTURES TO VALIDATE ALL THE LIES THAT YOUR CHURCH HAVE CONCOCTED ABOUT HER?

I DON'T SEE YOU DEFENDING THE FATHER, SON OR THE HOLY GHOST...

AND UP IN ARMS FOR THEIR SAKE...
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#477267 Sep 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
The bible, God's Word, calls her a virgin
BUT THE BIBLE NEVER SAYS THAT SHE REMAINS A VIRGIN, ONLY CATHOLICs CLAIM THAT, NOT GOD AND HIS WORD
Why is Mary Considered Ever-Virgin?
A Protestant inquirer recently wrote the Orthodox Christian Information Center to ask why it is a dogma of the Orthodox Church that the Blessed Virgin Mary is ever-virgin. This page was compiled as a response.

Two dogmas concerning the Mother of God are bound up, in closest fashion, with the dogma of God the Words becoming man. They are: a) Her Ever-virginity, and b) Her name of Theotokos.

When the heretics and simple blasphemers refuse to acknowledge the Ever-virginity of the Mother of God on the grounds that the Evangelists mention the "brothers and sisters of Jesus," they are refuted by the following facts from the Gospel:
http://orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/evervirgin....
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477268 Sep 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>she sang a song using those words.
SHE SAID IT, NOT GOD.
try and learn something before you post and show your ignorance.
So are you saying the only parts of the bible which is the Word of God is when it records Him speaking? Everything else is just people saying things?
Clay

Chicago, IL

#477269 Sep 20, 2013
<quoted text>
yOU CATHOLICS
EAT..SLEEP..CONVERSE ABOUT..PRAY TO...HAVE STATUES OF...DEFEND..MAKE UP LIES ABOUT ...MARY...CALL HER THE BLESSED VIRGIN..
EVIDENTLY SHE IS THE god OF YOUR RELIGION,
YOU SAY NOTHING ABOUT GOD THE FATHER...
VERY LITTLE ABOUT JESUS...
YOU CALL THE HOLY SPIRIT ..H.S. IN IRREVERENCE
YOUR OBSESSION WITH MARY ....IS ADORATION AND WORSHIP...
Rom_6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Gods word says about Mary: "All generations shall call me blessed" (Luke 1:48) Confrint says:'like hell we will'.

Not surprising you'd undo this verse above. The Bible also says the Church is the pillar and bulwark of truth (1tim 3:15), but you say its the Bible.
The Bible says the New Testament/Covenant is the Eucharist (Matthew 26:28). You say its the actual writings some of the Apostles documented.

The Bible says not everything Jesus did is recorded in writing.(John 21:25) You say its all there. The oral communications from the Apostles are not the word of God because nobody documented it for your interpretation.

The Bible says Jesus will build His Church upon Peter.(Matthew 16:18) history shows Peter did exactly that if you'd care to read the writings of the early Church. You say everyone Peter ordained got it all wrong. Your interpretations supersedes them?

Jesus says, "This is my body". You say,'no its not my definition of scripture says its just a symbol'

You're as arrogant as they come. The Bible says
"Pride cometh before the fall." (Proverb 16:18)
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#477270 Sep 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
BUT THE BIBLE NEVER SAYS THAT SHE REMAINS A VIRGIN, ONLY CATHOLICs CLAIM THAT, NOT GOD AND HIS WORD
Luther, Calvin, and Other Early Protestants on the Perpetual Virginity of Mary

All of the early Protestant Founders accepted the truth of the Perpetual Virginity of Mary. How could this be, if it is merely "tradition" with no scriptural basis? Why was its supposed violation of Scripture not so obvious to them, as it is to the Protestants of the last 150 years or so (since the onset of theological liberalism) who have ditched this previously-held opinion? Yet it has become fashionable to believe that Jesus had blood brothers (I suspect, because this contradicts Catholic teaching), contrary to the original consensus of the early Protestants.

Let's see what the Founders of Protestantism taught about this doctrine.
http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2004/02/luther...

#477271 Sep 20, 2013
who="Husker Du"
Do you ask your friends to pray for you? Well we do that , we ask the Mother of Christ to help us through interssery prayer. Whom else is closer to Christ? Christ honors His mother, and will listen . We have told you we don't worship Mary, many times. You don't listen, every time we tell you its like throwing pearls to swine.

You tell us that...when you remove those graven images (imaginary images) of Mary and other 'saints' you have never seen, and don't know what they looked like, we will believe you.(Thou shalt not make unto thyself any graven images.)
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477272 Sep 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
My post said nothing about her remaining a virgin, I simply responded to confrint when he said we made up lies about her by calling her blessed and virgin.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477273 Sep 20, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says they use to be liars thieves adulterers homosexuals etc, but they were washed, that means they are no longer the above, that is if they were indeed washed.
So there are no born again Christians who lie, commit adultery or homosexual acts?

#477274 Sep 20, 2013
who="Dan"
So, is there like a list of sins God won't forgive, or people God cannot forgive? Curious, as I thought, being God and all, that He was all-loving and all merciful.
I mean, God loves everyone, I thought, but you seem to know otherwise.

GOD CANNOT/WILL NOT FORGIVE UNFORGIVENESS.

Mat 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

NOTE
Mat 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477275 Sep 20, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
"MAKE UP LIES ABOUT ...MARY...CALL HER THE BLESSED VIRGIN..
The bible, God's Word, calls her a virgin and it says all generations shall call her blessed. Are you calling God a liar?
So you believe part of the Bible...
Nowhere does it say that she was a 'perpetual' virgin. It says that she married a man.
And apparently you only believe parts of the bible because you said ""MAKE UP LIES ABOUT ...MARY...CALL HER THE BLESSED VIRGIN.." even though it clearly says she's a virgin and blessed.

#477276 Sep 20, 2013
who="Husker Du" Mary is the Imaculate Conception, no one else was worthy to carry Jesus in her womb.

Mary was conceived the way all the rest of us were. There was ONE virgin birth...Jesus.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477277 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As,I read this verse ..And I admit I cling o 're thought that Mary is holy..it came to me
We are saved by FAIH in our Saviour ..could it not be that Mary..a,human as we are..in need of a Saviour as we are ..might have been the First person who
Received the Holy Spirit
Knew,Jesus within her as Saviour and Lord .
Might not this be the source if all the confusion
Not that Mary was a,perfect hUMAn..OR Immaculate Conception ....But was a saved human by reieving Christ as Saviour ..receiving also the gift of GrAce through that Holy
SPIRIT ..indwelling her.
THIS WOULD MAKE HER THE PERFECT VESSEL to carry our Lord.
ANOTHER MYSTERY that will be put to rest in heaven..along with her being he wife of Joseph.
Saved humans are encouraged to be wives and mothers .
He mire I think and pray on this
.the more her words make sense .
The dogma of immaculate conception cane out Not until the Mud 1800s
I'm sure CaTholic WOUKD be dissuaded ..that's not my point ..But if Mary was indeed sAved by the Spirit and he'd FAITH IN HER Saviour..She was indeed blessed among women . Carrying our Lord
He was her salvation as,He is ours,.
Mary's perpetual viriginity has been believed by Christians since the beginning. Heck, even your reformers believed it.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477278 Sep 20, 2013
who="Husker Du"
Do you ask your friends to pray for you? Well we do that , we ask the Mother of Christ to help us through interssery prayer. Whom else is closer to Christ? Christ honors His mother, and will listen . We have told you we don't worship Mary, many times. You don't listen, every time we tell you its like throwing pearls to swine.
You tell us that...when you remove those graven images (imaginary images) of Mary and other 'saints' you have never seen, and don't know what they looked like, we will believe you.(Thou shalt not make unto thyself any graven images.)
You have no pictures of loved ones in your home or wallet?

#477279 Sep 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying the only parts of the bible which is the Word of God is when it records Him speaking? Everything else is just people saying things?
WHAT ELIZABETH SAID

WAS HER OWN PERSONAL OPINION...

Question...

WHY DO YOU HOLD TO

THE WORDS OF ELISABETH

AND

NEGATE

THE WORDS THAT GIVES THE ACCOUNT

OF THE FAMILY OF JOSEPH AND MARY...

Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?

Mat 13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Mat 13:56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

Mar 6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

WHY DO YOU EDIT THE VERSES FOUND IN

MATTHEW 16: 13-19 TO FIT YOU LIES ABOUT PETER

YET NEGATE

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

#477280 Sep 20, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Do you believe a person can have homosexual attractions and through God's graces repent and remain celibate and also be born again? Or would they only be born again if they somehow became heterosexual?

Homosexual attraction is a 'temptation' just as any other. An old hymn says 'yield not to temptation, for yielding is sin'.

There is no such thing as 'a homosexual'...just people who engage in homosexual behavior.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#477281 Sep 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As,I read this verse ..And I admit I cling o 're thought that Mary is holy..it came to me
We are saved by FAIH in our Saviour ..could it not be that Mary..a,human as we are..in need of a Saviour as we are ..might have been the First person who
Received the Holy Spirit
Knew,Jesus within her as Saviour and Lord .
Might not this be the source if all the confusion
Not that Mary was a,perfect hUMAn..OR Immaculate Conception ....But was a saved human by reieving Christ as Saviour ..receiving also the gift of GrAce through that Holy
SPIRIT ..indwelling her.
THIS WOULD MAKE HER THE PERFECT VESSEL to carry our Lord.
ANOTHER MYSTERY that will be put to rest in heaven..along with her being he wife of Joseph.
Saved humans are encouraged to be wives and mothers .
He mire I think and pray on this
.the more her words make sense .
The dogma of immaculate conception cane out Not until the Mud 1800s
I'm sure CaTholic WOUKD be dissuaded ..that's not my point ..But if Mary was indeed sAved by the Spirit and he'd FAITH IN HER Saviour..She was indeed blessed among women . Carrying our Lord
He was her salvation as,He is ours,.
Just because the Immaculate Conception wasn't formally defined (pronounced dogma) until 1854, does not mean that it wasn't believed for centuries prior to that. It was. This is a common mistake most protestants today make as they don't really understand.

THE PROTESTANT REFORMERS ON MARY
Yet again the Immaculate Conception was a doctrine Luther defended to his death (as confirmed by Lutheran scholars like Arthur Piepkorn).
http://www.catholicapologetics.info/apologeti...
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#477282 Sep 20, 2013
who="Husker Du" Mary is the Imaculate Conception, no one else was worthy to carry Jesus in her womb.
Mary was conceived the way all the rest of us were. There was ONE virgin birth...Jesus.
Kay, you are confusing the Virgin Birth with the Immaculate Conception.
They are two entirely different things.

The Immaculate Conception does NOT mean the Blessed Virgin Mary's parents didn't conceive her in the normal manner. Good gracious!

#477283 Sep 20, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
And apparently you only believe parts of the bible because you said ""MAKE UP LIES ABOUT ...MARY...CALL HER THE BLESSED VIRGIN.." even though it clearly says she's a virgin and blessed.

Mary IS blessed, and she WAS a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus.

#477284 Sep 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU GRAB A HOLD OF ... AND DEFEND THE ONLY PART THAT YOU ARE OBSESSED ABOUT...

YOU SAY MARY IS PERPETUAL VIRGIN ... IN YOU WORSHIPING HER..ATTRIBUTING

LIES AND ADORATION AND ACCOLADES ....THAT YOU CANNOT PROVE BY GODS WORD...FACT IS THE WORD SAYS SHE WAS NOT A PERPETUAL VIRGIN

Mat 13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
Mat 13:56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

Mar_6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#477285 Sep 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary's perpetual viriginity has been believed by Christians since the beginning. Heck, even your reformers believed it.
As,I have said repeatedly.

Ask James who is mother was wen you see him

Other wise discussing the marriage bed of Joseph..who was told by he Angel of the Lord ...to take her to WIFE.....IS UNSEEMLY...

I learned one thing as a child ..but he more I read and learn..I believe it's possible Joseph and Mary were both obedient Jewish married people .

Another mystery

But on the rest of my post ..if you believe Mary's words ...SHE NEEDED A SAVIOUR...She received the Holy Spirit and acknowledged FAITH IN HER SAVIOUR ..

SO WHO DO YOU BELIEVE...MARY. OR A POPE 1800 ears later about an immaculate conception...here is your challenge..the scripture where Mary recognizes,HER SAVIOUR..it your Church..

Interesting choice ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Las Crucens prepare for Pope Francis Fri huey goins 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Feb 5 Gee Tee 9,892
News Donald Trump nominated for Nobel Prize thanks t... Feb 5 Dump Trump 1
News Life-size pope cutout tours El Paso Feb 4 huey goins 3
News 500 years after reformation, Pope Francis knock... Feb 4 Listen to the Word 1
News Activists have immigrant message for pope Feb 3 wild child 1
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) Feb 2 barefoot2626 1,955
More from around the web