Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603036 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477044 Sep 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If "He" had given something like you say to man, why do many believe differently than you?
Why do you think fallible men could define an infallible being they never met?
<quoted text>
If you are a so-called "Christian", why do you utilize Jewish texts?
<quoted text>
Not everything you need for life is in this book.
There are plenty of things that are not in the Bible that people need. These people should be a good example of that....
http://www.bing.com/search...
- Either they should have been praying better, or asked for a medical doctor sooner - which is not in the Bible.
You sound confused on what is true and what is not.
Sounds like you know NOTHING concerning the Word of God...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477045 Sep 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Not of ourselves!
8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
Marge,

What are you doing to the Word of God when you say "faith alone," "grace alone," "hope alone," etc.?

Are we accepting God and His Word?

Think about it!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477046 Sep 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Anthony getting Saved only happens one-time. He has given assurance to us from His Spirit. Personally my thinking did a 180, it was evident to everyone.
Help me out here marge...if a person says they're saved at one particular moment and it's not immediately evident, or perhaps they commit some serious sin and continue unrepentantly in it, do you still believe they are saved?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477047 Sep 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Not of ourselves!
8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
Ok, Marge, lets look at the Book of James...

James 2:19-20

19 You believe that there is one God. Good! <<<<<Even the demons believe that—and shudder.>>>>>

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?

***Even the demons believe that-and shudder.***

demons believe/faith - Are the demons going to heaven for ONLY having belief/faith???

Bible faith that comes from a disciple is ACTIVE and OBEDIENT!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477048 Sep 19, 2013
Why do you only believe in half of what Jesus taught, if you agree that men wrote these teachings, and tout the other half as if they are golden?
Do you evern pay attention to what you say?
IMO - you sound confused.
<quoted text>
No Anthony, I pay attention very well.
I don't believe men. You seem to have a problem understanding this.
I do utilize men who were selected by Jesus, whereas, you don't and continue to refuse to. You on the other hand, chose to believe a select few of Jesus Apostles, and then place all your marbles on men who lie, cheat, caused many deaths through torture and hatred.
I'll stick to what I've learned about man and continue to believe that certain men didn't have a clue on what to believe, but loved to put forth their own musing to control and have other men believe what they did.
Please stop making up things about me that just isn't true..
Great NASL, you stick with your guys. And for some reason, even though I rarely, if ever, direct a post to you, for some reason you feel obligated to constantly reply to posts I've made to others. It's almost as though you take personal offense at their inability to respond to me. I'd prefer you didn't do that, thank you very much.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#477049 Sep 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And yes, Christ paid the sacrifice for all sin. Its up to us now to cooperate. If were not remorseful, we didn't do our part in the plan for salvation.
Its important for you not to design your own Christianity. This forum should have made many of you realize the sin of Luther, but you guys think the man's a hero? You follow his man made doctrines that could only have come from the devil. Think about it, wouldn't the devil like you to believe that Jesus Christ is the savior of the world, but do nothin for him in return? Heck, that's exactly what Satan believes. Think about that next time oldg opens up his yap trying to be an authority on scripture.
What happened to purgatory?????
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#477050 Sep 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
____
Why do you reject the teaching of Jesus and attempt to assume your catechism into God's word
Why do YOU reject the teaching of Jesus in Matthew 16:13-21 regarding HIS ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH
Acts 2 confirms HIS CHURCH as heiarchical, authoritative and visible with (quote) "Bishops, priests, elders and deacons". All through the New Testament EVERY ONE of the Early Churches beginning with the 1st Church at Antioch where headed by one of the Apostles (as a Bishop) meaning overseer, followed by Galacia, Ephesus, Thessalonica, Corinth, Colossus, Philippi, and on and on (ALL with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons. IN ADDITION: Why do YOU reject the teachings of Jesus in John 6:47-59 regarding HIS TRUE BODY AND TRUE BLOOD in the Eucharist.(quote)" For my body is REAL FOOD and my blood in REAL DRINK"--and without it "you CANNOT have eternal life". You Confrinting, just continue to "make up and invent" your own twisted, perverted, heretical biblical interpretation of God's Word and Church History whenever and wherever it CONVENIENTLY "fits into" your vengeance, hatred and hostile anti-catholic preaching. You do NOT speak for God--and NEVER WILL until you come to TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#477051 Sep 19, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
ANY ONE YOU.... CAN PLACE ANY JUDGMENTS AGAINST MY ABOVE POST THAT YOU WISH.
BUT YOU ARE NOT REFUSING ME....I AM JUST HIS HUMBLE MESSINGER
YOU ARE ADAMANTLY REFUSING THE WORD OF GOD...
THE WORD OF GOD THAT YOU WILL BE JUDGED BY YOURSELVES WHEN YOU STAND
BEFORE HIM...AND GIVE AN ACCOUNT FOR THE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE.
YOU CAN DISCLAIM WORSHIPING IDOLS ALL YOU WANT TO..
BUT
THE WHOLE WORLD IS WITNESS THAT YOUR CHURCHES ARE INHABITED WITH STATUES
WE SEE THEM IN YOUR HOMES IN YOU GARDENS, ON THE DASHBOARDS OF YOUR
AUTOMOBILES
EVERY ONE KNOWS THESE STATUES ARE BOWED BEFORE,KISSED, REVERED,
GENUFLECTED BEFORE,PUBLICLY CARRIED THROUGH THE STREETS ON A PEDESTAL
BEING FOLLOWED AND ACCLAIMED AND CONSIDERED SACRED..
Will you please respond to my question; You specifically stated you reject much of Luther's teaching, yet claim he rececived a revelation from God regarding truth. What is your authority to decide which truths God revelaed to Luther?

Location hidden

#477052 Sep 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its like this: if a husband says to his wife 'I love you but I'm not coming home tonight on our anniversary, I'm partying with my friends. Btw I also got a girl pregnant'
He may very well love his wife, but he didn't do anything to show it. Protestants man-made doctrine of faith alone via sola scripture made people think that all they needed to do was believe; have faith and they're saved.
That analogy I used above (from relevant radio) should be clear to you.... That woman will still love her husband but the doors will be locked when he returns home.
Tell me what this teaches you...

Ac 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#477053 Sep 19, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I have found no humility here in this forum from any Roman Catholic
All I have found is arrogance and refutation of the word of God.
From the very first day that you came on this forum Confrinting, just remember that when you hypocritically accuse, condemn, judge and point a finger at another Christian-especially a Catholic--your "thumb" is pointing (directly back at you). Wake up--Confrinting!!!!!

Location hidden

#477054 Sep 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
100% proof private interpretations of sacred scripture is the will of the devil and not Christ Jesus. How many more cults need to pop up before you fanatics get it. You're not an authority on scripture, you can not undo the the word of God by inserting your own opinions on His teachings.
The Bible is the product of yrs of Catholic tradition. It was compiled from a series of councils by the authoritative teaching Magisterium set up by the Apostles. The Apostles set up this Church and never once commanded them to form a Christian Bible. That's why it took 300 yrs to form one. Fyi, this came AFTER Constantine was already dead.(more facts that destroys your theology)
The Protestant Bible- which I assume you use- is the result of a handful of heretics who removed 7 of the sacred books without authority from God.
Do you really believe this is from the devil???

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Location hidden

#477055 Sep 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're still interpreting Gods word. The Bible still needs to be interpreted. How do you know you're coming to Biblical truth? Also, how many Books of the Bible do you consider 'Gods word'?
What if God wants you to pray for the dead- which is alluded to in the KJV NT, but blatantly spelled out in the OT scriptures in the Books the reformed removed? To me, that doesn't make sense to say you're trying to follow Gods word as He states it, but not using all the Books.(nor the oral instructions from the Apostle, which is ALSO Gods word).
No interpretation....if that is what you are doing, you are not being led by the Holy Spirit...as promised by Jesus..

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#477056 Sep 19, 2013
<quoted text>
BUT YOU ARE NOT REFUSING ME....I AM JUST HIS HUMBLE MESSINGER
A HUMBLE MESSENGER??????The word "humility" doesn't even exist in your "half-truth, half-heresy" Christian vocabulary. Lets start with the A's (Animosity), going no further and leaving it at that!!
marge

Ames, IA

#477057 Sep 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, Marge, lets look at the Book of James...
James 2:19-20
19 You believe that there is one God. Good! <<<<<Even the demons believe that—and shudder.>>>>>
20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?
***Even the demons believe that-and shudder.***
demons believe/faith - Are the demons going to heaven for ONLY having belief/faith???
Bible faith that comes from a disciple is ACTIVE and OBEDIENT!
well Hank I don't believe a person can be 'active and obedient' until they are a Saved disciple.
marge

Ames, IA

#477058 Sep 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you please respond to my question; You specifically stated you reject much of Luther's teaching, yet claim he rececived a revelation from God regarding truth. What is your authority to decide which truths God revelaed to Luther?
The authority comes from the Spirit of Truth to search the Scriptures ourselves to see whether or not someone is speaking the truth.
marge

Ames, IA

#477059 Sep 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Help me out here marge...if a person says they're saved at one particular moment and it's not immediately evident, or perhaps they commit some serious sin and continue unrepentantly in it, do you still believe they are saved?
What does the Scripture say?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#477060 Sep 19, 2013
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going in a circle, NASL.
If you require God's list of inspired texts, claim that a lack of such a list then vitiates Anthony's reliance upon texts, it also vitiates your similar reliance upon any texts.
If Anthony cannot prove to your satisfaction that the canonical gospels are inspired, you certainly can't turn around and then claim that they aren't, or that yours are. You don't know.
"You can't prove to me that your stuff is inspired, so mine is and yours isn't". That's your argument.
Again, you mistaken my posts and point.

I think all texts are inspired by "God". Your team are the ones who claim "God" limited "Himself" - OR - you think men are more powerful than "God" and know exactly what is inspired and what is not.

In other words, I don't make the claim you do. I'm honest enough to know that "God" DIDN'T PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT "HE" INSPIRED - men did.

You are confused on what you believe.

Why do you think fallible men can discern an infallible being?

Why only certain men?

If "God" inspires everyone, then your argument is nullified and bogus and all you are doing is promoting a ruse, which seems like for your own benefit.

"If Anthony cannot prove to your satisfaction that the canonical gospels are inspired, you certainly can't turn around and then claim that they aren't, or that yours are. You don't know."
- Another unfounded claim, Dan?

But since you continue to divert from answering, and thinking your answer is sufficient, well, it isn't and you've fallen short yet another time.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#477061 Sep 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
well Hank I don't believe a person can be 'active and obedient' until they are a Saved disciple.
And, Marge, you cannot be a saved person believing in "faith alone!"

Albuquerque, NM

#477062 Sep 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you know NOTHING concerning the Word of God...
If this is your response and position, I beg to differ.

Your response show lack of substance and really nothing but an opinion.

More than likely, I said something you disagree, and all you can come up with is this?

Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus on salvation?

C'mon "truth" - you must have a reason to quote "Paul" over Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#477063 Sep 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Great NASL, you stick with your guys. And for some reason, even though I rarely, if ever, direct a post to you, for some reason you feel obligated to constantly reply to posts I've made to others. It's almost as though you take personal offense at their inability to respond to me. I'd prefer you didn't do that, thank you very much.
I'm just getting sick and tired of Catholics spewing their made-up lies to others, thinking that they are factual.

I'm basically showing you your err in belief, based upon the facts you refuse to acknowledge.

If you don't like me responding, then don't post, to give me something to respond to.

Suggest - register your name - and that way you can send PMs to anyone you choose.

You aren't this uninformed Anthony, I can tell that much, so stop acting like you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 1 hr Zog Has-fallen 419
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr satanlovesyou 84,393
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... 21 hr Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Tue Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 23 Mr Sir 9,670
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web