Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,341
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#476786 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ac 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Lu 3:10; Ac 2:37; 9:6
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Joh 3:16,36; 6:47; 1Jo 5:10
I see nothing about the requirement of being baptized to be saved in the parallel verses listed for Ac 16:30-31
32 Then they preached the word of the Lord to him and to all his household.

33 Late as it was, he took them to wash their wounds, and was baptised then and there with all his household.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476787 Sep 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I asked Dan to prove that statement, and he couldn't. maybe you can.
where did jesus tell any person to get Baptised? I don't think that I have read that.LOL
Matthew 28 18:20.
There's your command from Jesus.
He commanded the apostles to baptize all nations. That'd be everyone, atem.
You're proving out my "Jesus with a sandwich sign" theory.
marge

Ames, IA

#476788 Sep 17, 2013
16. be baptized and wash away thy sins—This way of speaking arises from baptism being the visible seal of remission.

calling on the name of the Lord—rather, "having called," that is, after having done so; referring to the confession of Christ which preceded baptism, as Ac 8:37.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#476789 Sep 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Your arrogance is beginning to show Tony.
*sighs*
It has nothing to do with arrogance. It's called being salty as servants of the Lord of Hosts should be from time to time.

Not only am I being a little salty but I'm starting to become a little frustrated as well. I have to pray and ask God for patience.

In trying to teach Gods word with accuracy,I have to understand that there are some that will NOT endure sound doctrine but they have itching ears and will gladly saddle up with a lie quicker than they will the truth.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476790 Sep 17, 2013
marge wrote:
16. be baptized and wash away thy sins—This way of speaking arises from baptism being the visible seal of remission.
calling on the name of the Lord—rather, "having called," that is, after having done so; referring to the confession of Christ which preceded baptism, as Ac 8:37.
Do you believe baptism cleanses us of sin?
marge

Ames, IA

#476791 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe baptism cleanses us of sin?
No, Jesus alone does.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476792 Sep 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Jesus alone does.
When do you believe He does this?

I mean, at your bidding? When you ask Him?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476793 Sep 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Jesus alone does.
Jesus has involvement in the whole baptism thing.

You get baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#476794 Sep 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Because Eve had Cain and said to God look what I did. What does Cain mean , Tony? LOOK WHAT I DID. Eve was boasting to God. Not in a nice way.
Have you read Genesis 4:1 ? Doesn't sound like boasting to me.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#476795 Sep 17, 2013
Have you guys read the 5th chapter of Genesis? Well never mind if you're read it but did you grasp the significance of something very important that is not there? The fifth chapter of Genesis gives Adams geneology and..........CAIN IS NOT LISTED IN ADAMS GENEOLOGY. Those with eyes to see knows why too. The rest of you...well,I'll pray for you.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#476796 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 28 18:20.
There's your command from Jesus.
He commanded the apostles to baptize all nations. That'd be everyone, atem.
You're proving out my "Jesus with a sandwich sign" theory.
BUT YOU WERE NOT LIVING AT THAT TIME, SO THOSE WORDS DONT APPLY TO YOU PERSONALLY. the chances are that your people were not living in any of the Nations these men went into.

why is that difficult for you or anyone else to understand?

the FIRST application for those Men was to make believers, then baptize them, in that order.

if not, they go down, dry sinners and come up wet sinners.

Location hidden

#476797 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus has involvement in the whole baptism thing.
You get baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
AFTER YOU ARE BORN AGAIN, no reason for it to be before, since there would have been no reason for Jesus to come and die for our sins, IF THAT WAS THE CASE.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#476798 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, water by itself does nothing.
19 Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations; baptise them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
And what were they told to do before baptizing them?????

Location hidden

#476799 Sep 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>AFTER YOU ARE BORN AGAIN, no reason for it to be before, since there would have been no reason for Jesus to come and die for our sins, IF THAT WAS THE CASE.
At last!!!! A light flickers at yonder tunnel end!!!!!!

Location hidden

#476800 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose I should be thankful for your concern Preston, yet after all these years I still don't know why you think you know better than the men who heard the apostles preaching with their own ears. I find that amazing. It's certainly not something you'd find in the Catholic Church.
you haven't proved that I am wrong.
atemcowboy wrote:

<quoted text>lol, for over 8 years, I have read this stoopid statement but none of you catholics know this statement is true.
"some of whom were taught directly by the apostles"
So for your info, the Bible says that in the Last days, knowledge shall be increased and therefore many of us are trying our best to teach you catholics, concerning the ignorance you have been taught.
Dan is a very good example of a dumb student.lol

all we have to do is look at the allegedly words of iggie while on that ship. and see how stupid some of those people that you believe "studied" at the feet of John etc. LOL< It just came to me. Iggie and Polycarp were some of those that went away from John. and weren't part of his ministry.

Location hidden

#476801 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
At last!!!! A light flickers at yonder tunnel end!!!!!!
Oxbore, I have forgotten more about the Word of God that you will ever know.

that is why God Called me and not YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#476802 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
32 Then they preached the word of the Lord to him and to all his household.
33 Late as it was, he took them to wash their wounds, and was baptised then and there with all his household.
Exactly said...but...

Neither of those verses have anything to do with the answer given..."Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house".

Otherwise they would be listed as parallel verse...they are not..

Location hidden

#476803 Sep 17, 2013
A question that no Catholic will answer:

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Why were they lied to???!!!! Why were they not told the truth???? Why were they not told to be baptized????!!!!

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#476804 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith AND baptism Rose. Jesus's own words. Baptism conveys grace, it is the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit. It is necessary for salvation because by baptism we are born again through water and the Spirit. But baptism, in and of itself, doesn't "save" if it doesn't produce the faith that's also necessary for salvation. I think it would be helpful for you to study what the early Church taught about faith and baptism, which includes those who were taught by the apostles, and not rely on the bible alone.
Make disciples of

The DOUAY says teach

Then it says,baptize..

I keep asking ..if its not made up words,..concocted in a basement ..

Then why should we not believe it ..

You have to teach first ..they have to BECOME disciples...then get baptized ..

Whole households could refer to the adults and servants ..there are no stories,..by the apostles of dunking babies.

It's fine ..I said I have personally no problem with it being done ..some ' non Catholic churches do it. But it's NOT salvation.

GOD gavb His,Son so THat those who BELIEVE have eternal life

...requires belief in the heart if the one who is sAved .

Now personally I think Confirmation is closer to a symbol of receiving the Spirit by belief ...if it's not just done by rote at a certain age ..which happens,..

It's our hearts..soul and spirit that Jesus wants..Not just reviving outward signs because one is born..is,seven..is 12 or whatever the proscribed ages are now ..it's not like tenure ..You stay in the Church for an amount of years ..get the sacraments and you get Grace to be saved ...

That would MAKE no sense

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#476805 Sep 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"you are a freak"
No Chuck, I am not. I'm a human just like you. No deficiencies nor do I have any major deformities. And of couorse, I take your insults with a grain of salt, because in truth, you really don't understand why you state them, as being under teh guise of men, men have caused you to act like this. I forgive.
"Discussing Christian stuff?" Uh-huh - sure you are. Making up things again?
You've yet to post anything so-called "Christian", but you sure do like to post alot about the Self.
Why is that?
SPEAKING OF JUNE ..She relates to you ..HSVE you seen her on any boards
It's been over two weeks now ???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) 3 hr jodlas 62
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Crazy 8,639
Obama a hugely impresseda with Pope Francis (Oct '13) Nov 19 truthseeker7 3
Pope Francis' visit to Palestinian refugee camp... (May '14) Nov 19 truthseeker7 2
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Nov 18 QUITTNER Nov19 2014 26
Philippines prepares for pope with messages on ... Nov 17 ELIAS IBARRA 8
Pope's visit promises unpleasant surprise to Tu... Nov 17 Rockstar 3

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE