Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 638092 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#476901 Sep 18, 2013
Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

THERE IS NOTHING

written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms,

concerning...... A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

NEITHER IS IT MENTIONED IN THE SCRIPTURES..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#476902 Sep 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe Stephen J. Patterson, James M. Robinson and/or Didymos Judas Thomas, yet you'd enjoin Anthony from making similar reliance as to what Jesus said and did.
Odd.
Please post those passages that Anthony and yourself think that Jesus specifically states where Jesus says baptism and faith is required to reach heaven?

Not "John", not "Paul", not "Luke", not anyone but Jesus.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#476903 Sep 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE IN BAPTISMS, WHICH EVIDENTLY YOU DON'T..
JOHN THE BAPTIST ...WHICH BAPTIZED JESUS
You, Confrinting "understand ONLY" what fits into your bible only anti-catholic box of the interpretation (or better yet mis-interpretation) of the bible........,. Try putting you pride, ego and inordinate conceited(preachers) opinion of yourself (aside) and try humbling yourself (if that is possible) to the TRUE BIBLICAL INTERPRETATION of what John the Baptist and Jesus "truly meant". The Early Church Fathers in 382, 393 and 397 AD (gave you the answer) over 1600 years ago when they correctly interpreted All of the SCRIPTURES (in the vernacular), in determining the Canon of Scripture.......... The TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible is ALL confirmed in the Catholic Catechism---however--- we as Catholics ALL know that you wouldn't "lower your prideful self" to read it because your would rather live in a world of (private-judgment) Christianity, with the rest of your 42,000 bible only contradicting and conflicting Protestants, where your "editorialized-personal opinions are the final authority!!!!!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#476904 Sep 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, anyone who seeks it.
Good - you hae your answer. I expect you won'[t be asking this again, as they, the individual, can receive it.

I'll be sure to point it out to you, when you say otherwise in the future.

#476905 Sep 18, 2013
who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
(47) Jesus says:
(1) "It is impossible for a person to mount two horses and to stretch two bows.
(2) And it is impossible for a servant to serve two masters. Else he will honor the one and insult the other.(3) No person drinks old wine and immediately desires to drink new wine.
(4) And new wine is not put into old wineskins, so that they do not burst; nor is old wine put into (a) new wineskin, so that it does not spoil it.
(5) An old patch is not sewn onto a new garment, because a tear will result."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

You just agreed with Marge! We are not old garments or wineskins. We are new creatures in Christ Jesus.

Albuquerque, NM

#476906 Sep 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I question the authenticity of the gnostic texts. I don't question the authenticity of the Church approved canon. That's why. Yes, I listen to men...and so do you.
Incorrect.

I will READ men and then make my own conclusion through research of those men - to believe as I choose - just like Jesus suggested to us to do.

I question the authenticity of the NT.

There we both question "God". That would make you a heretic, according to your religions rules.

Albuquerque, NM

#476907 Sep 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they were approved and appointed by the ones who did. The gnostics weren't. Yes, I believe THOSE men.
Why do you limit "God's inspiration"?

Albuquerque, NM

#476908 Sep 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Then why do you believe that 3rd generation disciples heard the exact words that were originally spoken?
Hmmmm.....can you say "because I believe men"??
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they were approved and appointed by the ones who did. The gnostics weren't. Yes, I believe THOSE men.
Placing men above "God" will not bring you to the truth.

Albuquerque, NM

#476909 Sep 18, 2013
who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
(47) Jesus says:
(1) "It is impossible for a person to mount two horses and to stretch two bows.
(2) And it is impossible for a servant to serve two masters. Else he will honor the one and insult the other.(3) No person drinks old wine and immediately desires to drink new wine.
(4) And new wine is not put into old wineskins, so that they do not burst; nor is old wine put into (a) new wineskin, so that it does not spoil it.
(5) An old patch is not sewn onto a new garment, because a tear will result."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
You just agreed with Marge! We are not old garments or wineskins. We are new creatures in Christ Jesus.
I posted it to show her and others that what she did say was what Jesus promoted.

That was all.

It doesn't require baptism in order to do this?

It does require a person to make a choice - Self.

Thank you for supporting and agreeing with my post.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476910 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
ROMAN CATHOLICS SLANDER THEMSELVES...BY THEIR TOTAL DISREGARD TO GOD'S WORD..
IF I HATED THEM I WOULD NOT WASTE MY TIME...AND TAKE THE FLACK THAT THEY POUR UPON ME.
I HAVE AN ACCOUNTABILITY BEFORE GOD TO PREACH HIS WORD TO THEM...
MY CHARGE IS...
Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
---
1Co 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
I'll take that "never".

Huge surprise.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476911 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Please post those passages that Anthony and yourself think that Jesus specifically states where Jesus says baptism and faith is required to reach heaven?
So, "Thomas" is 100% reliable, but "John", "Paul", "Luke" et. al. don't quite cut it.

Got it.

#476912 Sep 18, 2013
Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
THERE IS NOTHING
NEITHER IS IT MENTIONED IN THE SCRIPTURES..
THE INVENTION OF A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DID NOT COME FROM THE

THE BIBLE...

AS I POSTED

THERE IS NOTHING

CHRISTIANITY SUPPOSED TO BE

ABOUT CHRIST OUR REDEEMER...

THE OLD TESTAMENTS POINTS TO HIM...

THE GOSPELS PRESENT HIM..

THE REST OF THE 23BOOKS ARE ABOUT HIM

THE HISTORY OF AN UNRELATED...ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

IS BUT COSMETICS THAT ARE ASSUMED (BY UNSCRUPULOUS)

UPON HIM ...

INDIVIDUALS THAT CLAIM A MONOPOLY AND FRANCHISE

CONCERNING HIM. YET DENY HIS TEACHINGS.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476913 Sep 18, 2013
who="Truth"
Baptism of the Holy Spirit (Acts Chapter 2 for apostles and those assembled at Pentecost) came before anybody started preaching.
Why?
Because Jesus commanded the Apostles to wait for the necessary power of the Holy Spirit before they tried to reach the world.
Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Yes, the apostles were COMMANDED to wait to receive what was promised....as

Think about the Old Covenant.....the Holy Spirit rests upon Israel as a whole nation....

Now, in the New Covenant at Pentecost....the Holy Spirit rests upon Godís people as individuals and there was WITNESSES....tongues of fire sat upon each of them controlled by God....they were being FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT......

Albuquerque, NM

#476914 Sep 18, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, "Thomas" is 100% reliable, but "John", "Paul", "Luke" et. al. don't quite cut it.
Got it.
Diversion.

That is not what I asked you to respond with.

But like you said, you love to divert.

This is how I can understand why you are a so-called "Christian".

Dan: "All I have to do is avoid answering with honesty, maybe he'll go away."

It won't work.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476915 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
AGAIN YOU NEED TO READ.. YOUR BIBLE..
YOU EVIDENTLY ARE IGNORANT OF THESE WORDS OF JESUS
Joh 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
Joh 20:22 --> And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: <--
----
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.
NOTE==>
Luk 24:49 And, behold,
I send the promise of my Father upon you:
but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem,
until ye be endued with power from on high. <==
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
YOU NEED TO STUDY YOUR BIBLE AND GET SOME ENLIGHTENMENT ON THIS SUBJECT
ESPECIALLY BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO MAKE CONCLUSIVE STATEMENTS THAT ATE UNTRUE...
LOL....

I am ignorant but you are almost saying the same thing that I have been saying....

Albuquerque, NM

#476916 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
THE INVENTION OF A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DID NOT COME FROM THE
THE BIBLE...
....correct, they brought you the Bible instead.

How else could they control the actions of men, which ultimately caused more divisions of men.

Christianity divides.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#476917 Sep 18, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Okay guys. I have to tell you guys about what happened to me last sunday. Remember a while back when I told you guys one of the surgeons that works here hit on me and tried to get me to go out to dinner with him and I turned him down?
Well this is why I know I've been saved. I was at Piedmont Park last sunday jogging after I'd finished workign out (a daily regimen with me) and I heard someone calling my name. It was the surgeon that had tried to get me to go out with him a while back. Now I had taken my shirt off to jog and when he came running up to me he immediately started flirting with me by commenting on my abs and actually touched them. Touching me is a no no unless I invite you too so I sharply chastized him.
He again invited me out to dinner and when I turned down his invitation yet again he invited me to his house for dinner.
He asked me why I kept rejecting his invitations and I got honest with him and told him why. He laughed at me when he heard that I rejected his ""invitations" " for religious reasons.
He asked me if I really believed that regardless of what our orientation was,if God really wanted us to deny ourselves a what he called a natural human need. I laughed and said yes He does if the need is a homosexual activity.
Now I have to tell you guys that this man would be quite a catch for someone. He's well educated,can carry on great conversation and people this man is as fit and cut as I am because he too is into keeping fit.
I know I was being tested because it took all I could muster to turn down his advances so that's why I say I know I've been saved.
But guess what, that same day three different females hit on me as well. Now that grossed me out,LOL.
well Tony, I had the same problem when I first met Nick...he kept chasing me and finally I stopped running...lol

#476918 Sep 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the apostles were COMMANDED to wait to receive what was promised....as
Think about the Old Covenant.....the Holy Spirit rests upon Israel as a whole nation....
Now, in the New Covenant at Pentecost....the Holy Spirit rests upon Godís people as individuals and there was WITNESSES....tongues of fire sat upon each of them controlled by God....they were being FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT......
WHY DO YOU DENY THE WORDS OF JESUS...

Joh_14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him;

for he dwelleth with you,

and shall be in you.

JESUS SAID THAT THE HOLY GHOST HAD BEEN WITH THEM "DWELLETH WITH YOU"...

BUT FROM THAT TIME HE WOULD BE IN...

THEM.

QUESTION..

WHY DO YOU ATTEMPT TO TWIST AND TURN THE WORDS OF JESUS TO FIT YOUR UNBELIEF?

#476919 Sep 18, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Nice to see you back Kay, hope you're feeling better. Why must Luther's prostestant traits always be attributed to God's Divine plan, but his sins to the Catholic Church?

Luther's revelations on faith came by the Spirit. They were neither Protestant nor Catholic. They were of God, not man. They were termed 'Protestant', because the CC could not accept them. I didn't mention his 'sins'...just the racial anti-Jew one...which was taught by man.

I knew an individual who was raised in an orphanage in the early part of last century. She was 'taught' there that black people were a bit above cattle, but not really 'human'. That orphanage was neither Protestant nor Catholic...and the 'understanding' of the day 'sounded' reasonable...but it took a revelation to correct it. She had that 'revelation' eventually.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476920 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Diversion.
That is not what I asked you to respond with.
But like you said, you love to divert.
This is how I can understand why you are a so-called "Christian".
Dan: "All I have to do is avoid answering with honesty, maybe he'll go away."
It won't work.
Who's "diverting"?

You insistently ask us why we "believe men instead of Jesus", and then run out the Gospel of Thomas, which is of identical sourcing as any Gospel. It's not written in Jesus' own hand nor does it claim to be, in the same manner as what we rely upon.

Your inquiry has been asked and answered a million times. John 3:5 is what Catholics believe represents Christ's statement about baptism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How much hatred does God have? (Dec '08) 6 hr Time again 20
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 21 hr Married in 10,085
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) May 2 nanoanomaly 1,965
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
More from around the web