Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
460,021 - 460,040 of 539,067 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476605 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide an example of one who was condemned for..... anything?
I mean, someone who was condemned and came back and told us that they were and what for?
The Bible specifically says if we lack faith we are condemned. It does not say we are condemned if we aren't baptized.

Faith is necessary for salvation...baptism is not. If it is, point me to the passage.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476606 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible specifically says if we lack faith we are condemned. It does not say we are condemned if we aren't baptized.
Faith is necessary for salvation...baptism is not. If it is, point me to the passage.
Can you provide an example of a specific person that we know was condemned? For anything?

John 3:5 documents Jesus telling us the necessity of baptism for salvation.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476607 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus command the Apostles to baptize.

Matthew 28

18 But Jesus came near and spoke to them; All authority in heaven and on earth, he said, has been given to me; 19 you, therefore, must go out, making disciples of all nations, and baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, 20 teaching them to observe all the commandments which I have given you. And behold I am with you all through the days that are coming, until the consummation of the world.

Seemed pretty important to Jesus.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#476608 Sep 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>then you are not in agreement with me since I don't believe that you are Baptized with the Holy Ghost when you are Saved.
I belong to a Holiness Church in which we Believe that being Baptized with the Holy Ghost is a separate and distinct Spiritual Experience, and I believe that GIF will agree with me to a certain extent.
I believe that a person is forgiven by the Blood Sacrifice of Jesus and you receive the Spirit of Christ, for it is written" without the spirit of Christ ,we are none of His".
Preston:

Peace

The only problem is that one is deceived when one believes oneself to be entirely holy, while still walking on this earth. It leads to pride. Its the BIG fall after that....

The Holiness movement..., Palmerites, should use Wesley's(Christian Perfection) pamphlet as a guide, and not a doctrine. That is where they(you) went wrong.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476609 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide an example of a specific person that we know was condemned? For anything?
John 3:5 documents Jesus telling us the necessity of baptism for salvation.
Jesus said nothing about baptism in John 3:5.

Jesus never ever said, we must be baptized to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

And please refrain from telling me what was taught by your early church fathers.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476610 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus command the Apostles to baptize.
Matthew 28
18 But Jesus came near and spoke to them; All authority in heaven and on earth, he said, has been given to me; 19 you, therefore, must go out, making disciples of all nations, and baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, 20 teaching them to observe all the commandments which I have given you. And behold I am with you all through the days that are coming, until the consummation of the world.
Seemed pretty important to Jesus.
"Make disciples of all nations" was first and foremost. What does that mean?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476611 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said nothing about baptism in John 3:5.
Jesus never ever said, we must be baptized to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
And please refrain from telling me what was taught by your early church fathers.
We believe Jesus was speaking of Baptism in John 3:5.

I have only provided you with scripture thus far, so I'm not sure what your "early church fathers" objection is based upon.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476612 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Make disciples of all nations" was first and foremost. What does that mean?
It means that and baptizing them, just like its says.

Do both.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#476613 Sep 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Old JG WROTE
Being born of water represents the natural birth of every human being who ever walked this earth. But Jesus told Nicodemus that his natural birth was not sufficient to enter the kingdom. Every person has been born of water. That which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the Spirit is spirit. However, to be born of the Spirit represents a Super-Natural birth. Thus the expression "born again".
I agree with you...
AS FOR THE ROMAN CATHOLICS
Rom 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
JESUS SAID
Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Being Born again is submitting one's self to the righteousness of God,...
When the Father draws him UNTO HIMSELF.
When he (by the Holy Spirit) receives a revelation that he is a sinner...and is convicted of his sins.
.AND
THE PERSON RESPONDS BY CONFESSING HIS SINS...ASKING FORGIVENESS FOR HIS SINS.
AND REPENTING..WHICH IS TURNING AWAY FORM THEM.
NOTE
2Co_7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation ....
A BABY...BEING BAPTIZED... CANNOT EXPERIENCE GODLY SORRY FOR IT'S SINS...
BECAUSE It has not committed any sins to be sorry for...or to repent of.
BAPTISM DEFINED IN GREEK
G907
&#946;&#945;&#960; &#964;&#953;&#769; &#950;&#969;
baptizo&#772;
bap-tid'-zo
From a derivative of G911; to make whelmed (that is, fully wet); used only (in the New Testament) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism:- baptist, baptize, wash.
---
confronting

Peace

Plenty of households baptized in the N.T....

You assume one must hear the physical words of God, by a preacher. But God speaks beyond silence. So a baby can hear God..., for instance when Mary visited her cousin, and John jumped in the womb....

Infant baptism is therefore acceptable. And your conclusion based within your assumption is incorrect. It is an understandable error.

Peace
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476614 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe Jesus was speaking of Baptism in John 3:5.
I have only provided you with scripture thus far, so I'm not sure what your "early church fathers" objection is based upon.
I understand but Jesus did not say anything about baptism in John 3:5.

Again, the Bible does not say....anywhere...we must be baptized to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
truth

Perth, Australia

#476615 Sep 17, 2013
incarnations is incarnation
many spirit of them is not holy
i am sorry you not convince me
-deceivers and possessors
i make clear with that

don't honor law where is in within evil
its abuse power
don't respect law
where civil rights not exist
don't respect law where mothers and childreens suffer

Real Creator not created anyone for suffering.

I am one of them.

I touch that Cross with mind body and soul hand lags and Crown

evil people serve evil
truth

Perth, Australia

#476616 Sep 17, 2013
you can hear many voice as satanic voice too..you can know who they are as well who organize them to posess person..is that crime..yes it is..its written all demons and angels will fall..

by

Since: Nov 08

usa

#476617 Sep 17, 2013
hojo wrote:

<quoted text>
AMEN!!! And quit attacking, judging and condemning the faith of other Christians, who "you know little or nothing" about-----especially Catholics. JETHRO: true no one knows a lot about Catholics because everything is done behind closed doors.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#476618 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It means that and baptizing them, just like its says.
Do both.
It means to spread the Gospel so people come to the saving faith of Jesus Christ....and then and only then baptize them. A disciple is a follower of Jesus Christ.

Only the catholic church would baptize someone before he/she is a disciple of Jesus Christ.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#476619 Sep 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus defined "HIS CHURCH" over 2000 years ago, in Matthew 16:13-21 (including referencing the Church over 30 times in the New Testament!...... Acts 2 defines Jesus' Church as heirachical, authoritative and visible with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons (beginning at Antioch),........Paul "confirms" in in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH,.....and TRUE Church History as PROVEN it to be TRUE from the billions and billions of Catholic Christians that has "gone before us, marked with the sign of faith" (in and through) Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. Jesus established, formed, initiate and founded ONE TRUE CHURCH (and it was Catholic). MEN (not Jesus)(beginning with Luther) built denominations,(42,000+ contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting "Protestant denominations" and multiplying (out of control) each day!......... You Ox, "continue" to have (no idea) as to what you are talking about, which is no surprise to ANY OF US CATHOLICS (Anthony, Clay, Regina, Star C, etc) because you are living on an "isolated (bible only) island" of FICTION that relies on distortion, heresy, lies and deceit in order to "exist"!!!!
Acts 2 defines Jesus' Church as heirachical, authoritative and visible with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons (beginning at Antioch)JETHRO: Antioch the first Christian church captured by roman legions an given to the roman catholic church, converted by force into their perversion pagan/Christian falsehoods.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476620 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. You cannot give me an example of one being condemned for not being baptized. Similar to the catholic church. It ain't in God's Word but you believe it.
Chuckie,

Look up all the conversion in the bible.....

Does the Bible teach that feelings are sure and certain indicators of the forgiveness of our sins?
truth

Perth, Australia

#476621 Sep 17, 2013
not even any close door

evil is evil

its perfection which is falllllllllllllllllllllllll

amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476622 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand but Jesus did not say anything about baptism in John 3:5.
Again, the Bible does not say....anywhere...we must be baptized to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
We believe that He spoke directly of it and it's necessity in John 3:5, and that His commands in Matthew 28 confirm His teachings of its necessity.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476623 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
It means to spread the Gospel so people come to the saving faith of Jesus Christ....and then and only then baptize them. A disciple is a follower of Jesus Christ.
Only the catholic church would baptize someone before he/she is a disciple of Jesus Christ.
Chuckie,

WHAT MUST WE DO?

Key word "DO"......

Do you wish your sins away?

Do you write your sins down on a piece of paper and put it in a bottle and send them out to sea?

Do you put your hands on the tv screen and your sins are forgiven?

Assurance of salvation is predicated upon what is written in Godís word.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476624 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, He commanded baptism. Plainly.

Curiously, you're now finding fault with the Catholic Church for their obesiance to the commands of Jesus Christ in Scripture.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••