Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653734 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#476883 Sep 18, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>It has nothing to do with arrogance. It's called being salty as servants of the Lord of Hosts should be from time to time.
Not only am I being a little salty but I'm starting to become a little frustrated as well. I have to pray and ask God for patience.
In trying to teach Gods word with accuracy,I have to understand that there are some that will NOT endure sound doctrine but they have itching ears and will gladly saddle up with a lie quicker than they will the truth.
(2) Jesus says:

(1) "The one who seeks should not cease seeking until he finds.
(2) And when he finds, he will be dismayed.
(3) And when he is dismayed, he will be astonished.
(4) And he will be king over the All."

Only you can let the dismay pass.

BTW - this action - "I have to pray and ask God for patience" is the Self.

Learn it, live it, understand it, then love it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#476884 Sep 18, 2013
who="Clay "
You know so little about Martin Luther. All he did was introduce a couple false teachings from the pits of hell. The fruits of faith alone and Bible alone are evident today, as every protester sect is marrying men with men and woman with woman. They believe its all good, because like you, they think Jesus Christ willed for them to figure out His Ministry by privately interpreting some of the Apostles writings.
Its ridiculous to subscribe to sola scripture. Obviously, if you were willing to take off your blind fold, you could see the doctrinal disaster you and every self proclaimed minister has created with this false teaching.
Pope Francis is in charge with governing the Lords Church until He returns. No Pope has ever gone against sacred scripture and sacred tradition. They simply can't. That is reason enough for a fundie to consider leaving their sect for the only Church started by Jesus Christ.

This is so sad. Sola Scripture does not deny the validity of the inspired works of good men. It simply requires that those works be in agreement with the words of Jesus.

"No Pope has ever gone against sacred scripture???" You don't even have to know your own history to see how false that is! The current pope is going against Catholic tradition, not to speak of 'sacred scripture!' And he is not the first to do so.

Martin Luther was a man...and no man is perfect...but he found truth in the Bible that the CC has never been able to refute.

Quit worshiping ancient unknown men, and worship GOD.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476885 Sep 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
(47) Jesus says:
(1) "It is impossible for a person to mount two horses and to stretch two bows.
(2) And it is impossible for a servant to serve two masters. Else he will honor the one and insult the other.(3) No person drinks old wine and immediately desires to drink new wine.
(4) And new wine is not put into old wineskins, so that they do not burst; nor is old wine put into (a) new wineskin, so that it does not spoil it.
(5) An old patch is not sewn onto a new garment, because a tear will result."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Why do you believe men?

Albuquerque, NM

#476886 Sep 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>AFTER YOU ARE BORN AGAIN, no reason for it to be before, since there would have been no reason for Jesus to come and die for our sins, IF THAT WAS THE CASE.
It wasn't the case, I've stated this multiple times.

It is your ilk who refuse to accept this, and this is based upon what Jesus said.

Why do you believe men over Jesus?
truth

Perth, Australia

#476887 Sep 18, 2013
maybe God don't liked me

i walk trough this city
i walk as i am alive
but others died in suits with nice diploma

i talk i walk
they are not alive
noooooooooooooooooooo

in this city nothing exist no moon no stars no sun..
nothing

i am alive in this presence life

i still walk as i am
i don't fill afraid still say necu=no
to anybody who is ever are trouble

don't try set up
its going find you

n
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476888 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Then why do you believe that 3rd generation disciples heard the exact words that were originally spoken?
Hmmmm.....can you say "because I believe men"??
You believe Stephen J. Patterson, James M. Robinson and/or Didymos Judas Thomas, yet you'd enjoin Anthony from making similar reliance as to what Jesus said and did.

Odd.

#476889 Sep 18, 2013
who="Dan"
Luther was a heretic, and his works served as the inspiration for the maltreatment of the Jews in Germany.
But, you can defend him here.

Martin's confusion about the Jews came from his Catholic training.

Albuquerque, NM

#476890 Sep 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Jesus alone does.
Others have asked you this, well? How does Jesus do this?

You seem to think that YOU have no action to take.

uh-huh.....sure you don't. You are special.

Self.

Live it, learn it, understand it, then love it.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#476891 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
True, but you had to question another, which implied you didn't believe that they have this grace.
You do believe that anyone can receive this grace, right?
Yes, anyone who seeks it.

Albuquerque, NM

#476892 Sep 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
SPEAKING OF JUNE ..She relates to you ..HSVE you seen her on any boards
It's been over two weeks now ???
I am not June's keeper.

Maybe you should ask your "God" to help you locate her. It seems to me, you think "He'll" help only people like you, so give it a try.

#476893 Sep 18, 2013
who="Truth"
Baptism of the Holy Spirit (Acts Chapter 2 for apostles and those assembled at Pentecost) came before anybody started preaching.
Why?

Because Jesus commanded the Apostles to wait for the necessary power of the Holy Spirit before they tried to reach the world.

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#476894 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Since you don't believe everything you read that Jesus stated, why accept this?
I question the authenticity of the gnostic texts. I don't question the authenticity of the Church approved canon. That's why. Yes, I listen to men...and so do you.

Albuquerque, NM

#476895 Sep 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
SPEAKING OF JUNE ..She relates to you ..HSVE you seen her on any boards
It's been over two weeks now ???
BTW - if you were to step out of your incomplete "bible" world, you too would understand that what I post, if you allow Jesus to be within you, you would also relate to the words.

But you refuse to. Self.

You would rather believe men. Self.

You probably even think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus, huh? Considering, you have never responded to why he isn't.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#476896 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Then why do you believe that 3rd generation disciples heard the exact words that were originally spoken?
Hmmmm.....can you say "because I believe men"??
Because they were approved and appointed by the ones who did. The gnostics weren't. Yes, I believe THOSE men.
truth

Perth, Australia

#476897 Sep 18, 2013
-be bless who is poor
-be bless who is neglected
-be bless who is sick and uncomfortable in life
Many will suffer because of leaders
and very bad wishers to be rich and powerful.

Power is for our lovely God
- never sit in first chair
- never eat or drink with rich

Did you know what your neighbors have in storage
guns weapons poisons spy camera false documents false declaration and so on..

Which eye your neighbor have
very bad eye or holy eye?

Did you know how many Masters they have?
Did you know what they prepare?
-on every production is reaction
-in silence
-in peace
-in war
-everywhere

seeeeeeeeeeee
how many sick in misery
polluted mind
and polluted blade
polluted waters
rivers sea and oceans

Are you for sure someone can't see or know?

#476898 Sep 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost....NO one had any control over this baptism.....
Believe....how could anyone have anything to believe as NOTHING had been preached.....
There had been NO spoken word whatsoever....
Baptism of the Holy Spirit happened WITHOUT a word being preached....there was NOTHING to "believe in."
~~~

AGAIN YOU NEED TO READ.. YOUR BIBLE..

YOU EVIDENTLY ARE IGNORANT OF THESE WORDS OF JESUS

Joh 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Joh 20:22 --> And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: <--

----

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

NOTE==>
Luk 24:49 And, behold,

I send the promise of my Father upon you:

but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem,

until ye be endued with power from on high. <==

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

YOU NEED TO STUDY YOUR BIBLE AND GET SOME ENLIGHTENMENT ON THIS SUBJECT

ESPECIALLY BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO MAKE CONCLUSIVE STATEMENTS THAT ATE UNTRUE...
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#476899 Sep 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
Luther was a heretic, and his works served as the inspiration for the maltreatment of the Jews in Germany.
But, you can defend him here.
Martin's confusion about the Jews came from his Catholic training.
Nice to see you back Kay, hope you're feeling better. Why must Luther's prostestant traits always be attributed to God's Divine plan, but his sins to the Catholic Church?

Albuquerque, NM

#476900 Sep 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you believe men?
Diversion.

I don't believe certain men, but I will believe Jesus.

#476901 Sep 18, 2013
Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

THERE IS NOTHING

written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms,

concerning...... A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

NEITHER IS IT MENTIONED IN THE SCRIPTURES..

Albuquerque, NM

#476902 Sep 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe Stephen J. Patterson, James M. Robinson and/or Didymos Judas Thomas, yet you'd enjoin Anthony from making similar reliance as to what Jesus said and did.
Odd.
Please post those passages that Anthony and yourself think that Jesus specifically states where Jesus says baptism and faith is required to reach heaven?

Not "John", not "Paul", not "Luke", not anyone but Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... 13 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web