Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687265 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476874 Sep 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE WORDS OF JESUS..
CONCERNING THE HOLY GHOST IS
Joh_14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:
but ye know him;
-->for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. <--
Baptism of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost....NO one had any control over this baptism.....

Believe....how could anyone have anything to believe as NOTHING had been preached.....

There had been NO spoken word whatsoever....

Baptism of the Holy Spirit happened WITHOUT a word being preached....there was NOTHING to "believe in."
truth

Perth, Australia

#476875 Sep 18, 2013
o don't worry what they say about you
yes in suffering you can shouting as well pray and cry
but don't be afraid tell them who ever they are

its mean god make you already as free personality
but remember
still exist many deference spirit which try ruin every person as well many family

but its going revile you about Cross

and much more

one night i go sleep as early then usual

i find myself upon fire huge ball as Sun

i did not fill hot
not even burn
i am as i am as i know i stay in Power of Mercy

n

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#476876 Sep 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm beginning to think they start with St. Paul and and try to figure out a way to work what Jesus said into the context of St. Paul's epistles. What a strange way to approach the bible.
Odd - Catholics have been doing this for years, and you are now just realizing this occurs with non-Catholics?

Albuquerque, NM

#476877 Sep 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose I should be thankful for your concern Preston, yet after all these years I still don't know why you think you know better than the men who heard the apostles preaching with their own ears. I find that amazing. It's certainly not something you'd find in the Catholic Church.
Then why do you believe that 3rd generation disciples heard the exact words that were originally spoken?

Hmmmm.....can you say "because I believe men"??

Albuquerque, NM

#476878 Sep 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No its not, we are rebirthed not washed. A new heart a new spirit, not washed ones.
(47) Jesus says:

(1) "It is impossible for a person to mount two horses and to stretch two bows.
(2) And it is impossible for a servant to serve two masters. Else he will honor the one and insult the other.(3) No person drinks old wine and immediately desires to drink new wine.
(4) And new wine is not put into old wineskins, so that they do not burst; nor is old wine put into (a) new wineskin, so that it does not spoil it.
(5) An old patch is not sewn onto a new garment, because a tear will result."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476879 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE IN BAPTISMS, WHICH EVIDENTLY YOU DON'T..
JOHN THE BAPTIST ...WHICH BAPTIZED JESUS
SAID..
Mat_3:11 I indeed baptize you with ---> water<---unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the ==>Holy Ghost, and with fire:<==
ONE IS WITH -->WATER<--...
G5204
&#965;&#788;&#769; &#948;&#969;&#961; , &#965;&#788;&#769; &#948;&#945;&#964; &#959;&#962;
hudo&#772;r hudatos
hoo'-dor, hoo'-dat-os, etc.
From the base of G5205; water (as if rainy) literally or figuratively:- water.
THE OTHER IS WITH (==>Holy Ghost, and with fire:<==
==>FIRE<==,,,
G4442
&#960;&#965;&#834; &#961;
pur
poor
A primary word; “fire”(literally or figuratively, specifically lightning):- fiery, fire.
This explanation should not be to hard for you to comprehend..
A burnt child has no problem knowing the difference in FIRE AND WATER.
Baptism of the Holy Spirit was under God's control....NO WATER....happened to a group of people with WITNESSES

and what else?

(POWER)... miraculous signs and wonders to magnify God giving Him the Praise and Glory....the truth and confirm the truth of what was going to be preached.

....happened twice and in both instances BEFORE any preaching had been done.

Jesus' baptism today (COMMANDED)(WITH WATER) as we are baptized into Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection for the forgiveness of our sins....then we receive the Holy Spirit.....we do not receive the power that they received at Pentecost....

Albuquerque, NM

#476880 Sep 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, water by itself does nothing.
19 Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations; baptise them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Why do Catholics think a few words changes how a person acts or lives?

The actions that require one to think, live, act upon are all done by them doing the action.

Self.

Yet you believe water and words makes a person "a disciple".

You are very far from any truth to that.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#476881 Sep 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, when should we expect you to recant your (by now) hundreds of posts slandering Catholics?
ROMAN CATHOLICS SLANDER THEMSELVES...BY THEIR TOTAL DISREGARD TO GOD'S WORD..

IF I HATED THEM I WOULD NOT WASTE MY TIME...AND TAKE THE FLACK THAT THEY POUR UPON ME.

I HAVE AN ACCOUNTABILITY BEFORE GOD TO PREACH HIS WORD TO THEM...

MY CHARGE IS...

Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

---

1Co 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#476882 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOUR MURDEROUS SPIRIT IS EVINCING HIMSELF...
1Jn_3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
I/we as Catholics will leave the "hating of his brother" to you Confrinting. You have been the "trumpet section" (ever since you came on this forum) for All of the bible only Protestant preachers who sings, speaks, yells and condemns the loudest against the faith and Salvation of ANY and ALL Catholics, especially against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church..... Your "bible verse quoting" has (zero credibility) because of your vengeance, animosity, vindictivenss and hatred for your other brothers and sisters in Christ!!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#476883 Sep 18, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>It has nothing to do with arrogance. It's called being salty as servants of the Lord of Hosts should be from time to time.
Not only am I being a little salty but I'm starting to become a little frustrated as well. I have to pray and ask God for patience.
In trying to teach Gods word with accuracy,I have to understand that there are some that will NOT endure sound doctrine but they have itching ears and will gladly saddle up with a lie quicker than they will the truth.
(2) Jesus says:

(1) "The one who seeks should not cease seeking until he finds.
(2) And when he finds, he will be dismayed.
(3) And when he is dismayed, he will be astonished.
(4) And he will be king over the All."

Only you can let the dismay pass.

BTW - this action - "I have to pray and ask God for patience" is the Self.

Learn it, live it, understand it, then love it.

#476884 Sep 18, 2013
who="Clay "
You know so little about Martin Luther. All he did was introduce a couple false teachings from the pits of hell. The fruits of faith alone and Bible alone are evident today, as every protester sect is marrying men with men and woman with woman. They believe its all good, because like you, they think Jesus Christ willed for them to figure out His Ministry by privately interpreting some of the Apostles writings.
Its ridiculous to subscribe to sola scripture. Obviously, if you were willing to take off your blind fold, you could see the doctrinal disaster you and every self proclaimed minister has created with this false teaching.
Pope Francis is in charge with governing the Lords Church until He returns. No Pope has ever gone against sacred scripture and sacred tradition. They simply can't. That is reason enough for a fundie to consider leaving their sect for the only Church started by Jesus Christ.

This is so sad. Sola Scripture does not deny the validity of the inspired works of good men. It simply requires that those works be in agreement with the words of Jesus.

"No Pope has ever gone against sacred scripture???" You don't even have to know your own history to see how false that is! The current pope is going against Catholic tradition, not to speak of 'sacred scripture!' And he is not the first to do so.

Martin Luther was a man...and no man is perfect...but he found truth in the Bible that the CC has never been able to refute.

Quit worshiping ancient unknown men, and worship GOD.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476885 Sep 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
(47) Jesus says:
(1) "It is impossible for a person to mount two horses and to stretch two bows.
(2) And it is impossible for a servant to serve two masters. Else he will honor the one and insult the other.(3) No person drinks old wine and immediately desires to drink new wine.
(4) And new wine is not put into old wineskins, so that they do not burst; nor is old wine put into (a) new wineskin, so that it does not spoil it.
(5) An old patch is not sewn onto a new garment, because a tear will result."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Why do you believe men?

Albuquerque, NM

#476886 Sep 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>AFTER YOU ARE BORN AGAIN, no reason for it to be before, since there would have been no reason for Jesus to come and die for our sins, IF THAT WAS THE CASE.
It wasn't the case, I've stated this multiple times.

It is your ilk who refuse to accept this, and this is based upon what Jesus said.

Why do you believe men over Jesus?
truth

Perth, Australia

#476887 Sep 18, 2013
maybe God don't liked me

i walk trough this city
i walk as i am alive
but others died in suits with nice diploma

i talk i walk
they are not alive
noooooooooooooooooooo

in this city nothing exist no moon no stars no sun..
nothing

i am alive in this presence life

i still walk as i am
i don't fill afraid still say necu=no
to anybody who is ever are trouble

don't try set up
its going find you

n
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476888 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Then why do you believe that 3rd generation disciples heard the exact words that were originally spoken?
Hmmmm.....can you say "because I believe men"??
You believe Stephen J. Patterson, James M. Robinson and/or Didymos Judas Thomas, yet you'd enjoin Anthony from making similar reliance as to what Jesus said and did.

Odd.

#476889 Sep 18, 2013
who="Dan"
Luther was a heretic, and his works served as the inspiration for the maltreatment of the Jews in Germany.
But, you can defend him here.

Martin's confusion about the Jews came from his Catholic training.

Albuquerque, NM

#476890 Sep 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Jesus alone does.
Others have asked you this, well? How does Jesus do this?

You seem to think that YOU have no action to take.

uh-huh.....sure you don't. You are special.

Self.

Live it, learn it, understand it, then love it.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#476891 Sep 18, 2013
<quoted text>
True, but you had to question another, which implied you didn't believe that they have this grace.
You do believe that anyone can receive this grace, right?
Yes, anyone who seeks it.

Albuquerque, NM

#476892 Sep 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
SPEAKING OF JUNE ..She relates to you ..HSVE you seen her on any boards
It's been over two weeks now ???
I am not June's keeper.

Maybe you should ask your "God" to help you locate her. It seems to me, you think "He'll" help only people like you, so give it a try.

#476893 Sep 18, 2013
who="Truth"
Baptism of the Holy Spirit (Acts Chapter 2 for apostles and those assembled at Pentecost) came before anybody started preaching.
Why?

Because Jesus commanded the Apostles to wait for the necessary power of the Holy Spirit before they tried to reach the world.

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Kennedy 10,635
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web