Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650010 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#476778 Sep 17, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can I find Jesus saying "faith AND baptism" saves you?
<quoted text>
Let's see what Mark 16:16 has to say......
Mark 16:16, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."
Read the following.....http://www.gotqu estions.org/baptism-Mark-16-16 .html
John Wesley:

And is baptized-In token thereof. Every one that believed was baptized.

But he that believeth not-Whether baptized or unbaptized, shall perish everlastingly.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476779 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
A question that no Catholic will answer:
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Why were they lied to???!!!! Why were they not told the truth???? Why were they not told to be baptized????!!!!
They were, keep reading.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#476780 Sep 17, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Snipped for space.
Tony,that was all in God's plan.
Why can't you grasp it?
Again I say to you that Chapter two is an account of God's creation.
2 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day
>>from (all) his work which he had made<<.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from
((all his work which God created and made)).
Now,here is the account;
4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,
Remember,only after Adam and Eve sinned,did God put a curse on them.
What did he tell Adam and Eve?
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee;
and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
19 (In the sweat of thy face) shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve;
because she was the mother of all living.
21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
23 Therefore the Lord God sent him forth >>from the garden of Eden,
>>>to till the ground<< from whence he was taken.
Tony,
Before he created Adam,he said there was not a man to till the ground;
Genesis 2
5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
God knew all along that Adam would till the ground.
He also was over all the fish and beast.
Genesis 1
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea,
and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle,
>>and over all the earth,
and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it:
and have dominion over the fish of the sea,
and over the fowl of the air,
and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Sweetheart just let it go. Believe it or not there are people with Doctorates of Theology that don't have eyes to see this either, that only one race came from Adam and Eve and all the other races were created before Adam was """"FORMED """". Adam was the only man that God breated the breath of life into and had Adam not disobeyed God he would have lived forever. Those that are mistaken and think all the differetn races came from Adam and Eve is actually insulting God and like Jobs friends are accusing God of something He is not guilty of.
Given that Adam and Eve was the exact same race how do you account for all the different races being here? If two people are the exact same race and they have children, ALL THEIR CHILDREN WILL BE THE EXACT SAME RACE AS THEY ARE. Yet here we have so many different races here on earth and the mistaken cannot explain their existence with any credibility that is. But as I stated just let it go.

Location hidden

#476781 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The "washing of regeneration" is baptism.
There is no regeneration power in water...if there were...Christ could have stayed home....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476782 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no regeneration power in water...if there were...Christ could have stayed home....
Of course, water by itself does nothing.

19 Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations; baptise them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Location hidden

#476783 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They were, keep reading.
Ac 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Lu 3:10; Ac 2:37; 9:6

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Joh 3:16,36; 6:47; 1Jo 5:10

I see nothing about the requirement of being baptized to be saved in the parallel verses listed for Ac 16:30-31

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#476784 Sep 17, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that Masmar or Mazmar.
Is Masmar in the bible?
I have searched and searched and the only thing I have found is that it's a place in Pakistan.
Now we know that satan fooled eveand because of that,
Adam ate of that tree also,so where does your pastor get that Eve had a child by satan.
Now,read these verses;
And Adam >knew Eve his wife<;
and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said,
I have gotten a man from the LORD.
Adam KNEW his wife and she conceived and bare Cain.
Cain was not the son of Satan.
If he was,the Word would say so.
Gen 4:2
And she again bare his brother Abel.
And Abel was a keeper of sheep,
but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
Remember what God told Eve?
I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception
Cain murdered Abel,you know Eve had to be full of sorrow,losing her son.
What has any of this have to do with our Salvation?
Not one thing.
Keep your eyes on Jesus.
The Old Testament points to Christ.
Do you think that people that does not believe your pastors words will go to hell or what?
Whats the deal man?
I have said this before and I will say it again Tony,
2 Corinthians 11:3
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted
from the ((simplicity)) that is in Christ.
Sometimes people make it hard when it doesn't have to be.
There is so much you don't see. Look up the word ""'AGAIN"" where it states that she again bare his brother Abel. The word again in the original language means to continue to do a thing. Therefore Eve """CONTINUED """"in labor and gave birth to Abel. He was a fraternal twin and that's what people fail to comprehend when they read the verse. She didn't conceive again and have Abel. She was already pregnant by Satan with Cain when she got pregnant by Adam and conceived Abel. She had fraternal twins...one fathered by Satan (as a result of what they did in the fig grove that the biblically illiterate think was nothing but eating some forbidden produce) and one fathered by Adam.

Also I want you to look up the word ""beguiled" " where it speaks of the Serpent beguiled Eve and you will see that the word BEGUILED means to be """"" "WHOLLY SEDUCED""" "". Now you do know what SEDUCED means right? Good grief. Lord give me strenght and patience. There is SO MUCH you guys can't see when you read the scriptures.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#476785 Sep 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad
Tony has said on many occasions that he is one of the elect and we are not ..as in those marked in Revelation
Stop lying. You have never heard me refer to myself as one of the Elect.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476786 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ac 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Lu 3:10; Ac 2:37; 9:6
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Joh 3:16,36; 6:47; 1Jo 5:10
I see nothing about the requirement of being baptized to be saved in the parallel verses listed for Ac 16:30-31
32 Then they preached the word of the Lord to him and to all his household.

33 Late as it was, he took them to wash their wounds, and was baptised then and there with all his household.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476787 Sep 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I asked Dan to prove that statement, and he couldn't. maybe you can.
where did jesus tell any person to get Baptised? I don't think that I have read that.LOL
Matthew 28 18:20.
There's your command from Jesus.
He commanded the apostles to baptize all nations. That'd be everyone, atem.
You're proving out my "Jesus with a sandwich sign" theory.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#476788 Sep 17, 2013
16. be baptized and wash away thy sins—This way of speaking arises from baptism being the visible seal of remission.

calling on the name of the Lord—rather, "having called," that is, after having done so; referring to the confession of Christ which preceded baptism, as Ac 8:37.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#476789 Sep 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Your arrogance is beginning to show Tony.
*sighs*
It has nothing to do with arrogance. It's called being salty as servants of the Lord of Hosts should be from time to time.

Not only am I being a little salty but I'm starting to become a little frustrated as well. I have to pray and ask God for patience.

In trying to teach Gods word with accuracy,I have to understand that there are some that will NOT endure sound doctrine but they have itching ears and will gladly saddle up with a lie quicker than they will the truth.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476790 Sep 17, 2013
marge wrote:
16. be baptized and wash away thy sins—This way of speaking arises from baptism being the visible seal of remission.
calling on the name of the Lord—rather, "having called," that is, after having done so; referring to the confession of Christ which preceded baptism, as Ac 8:37.
Do you believe baptism cleanses us of sin?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#476791 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe baptism cleanses us of sin?
No, Jesus alone does.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476792 Sep 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Jesus alone does.
When do you believe He does this?

I mean, at your bidding? When you ask Him?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476793 Sep 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Jesus alone does.
Jesus has involvement in the whole baptism thing.

You get baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#476794 Sep 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Because Eve had Cain and said to God look what I did. What does Cain mean , Tony? LOOK WHAT I DID. Eve was boasting to God. Not in a nice way.
Have you read Genesis 4:1 ? Doesn't sound like boasting to me.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#476795 Sep 17, 2013
Have you guys read the 5th chapter of Genesis? Well never mind if you're read it but did you grasp the significance of something very important that is not there? The fifth chapter of Genesis gives Adams geneology and..........CAIN IS NOT LISTED IN ADAMS GENEOLOGY. Those with eyes to see knows why too. The rest of you...well,I'll pray for you.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#476796 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 28 18:20.
There's your command from Jesus.
He commanded the apostles to baptize all nations. That'd be everyone, atem.
You're proving out my "Jesus with a sandwich sign" theory.
BUT YOU WERE NOT LIVING AT THAT TIME, SO THOSE WORDS DONT APPLY TO YOU PERSONALLY. the chances are that your people were not living in any of the Nations these men went into.

why is that difficult for you or anyone else to understand?

the FIRST application for those Men was to make believers, then baptize them, in that order.

if not, they go down, dry sinners and come up wet sinners.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#476797 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus has involvement in the whole baptism thing.
You get baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
AFTER YOU ARE BORN AGAIN, no reason for it to be before, since there would have been no reason for Jesus to come and die for our sins, IF THAT WAS THE CASE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 6 hr friend 4
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Sun make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
More from around the web