Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650010 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#476737 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief AND baptism.
Belief without baptism or baptism without believing ain't gonna cut it.
It's been non-stop quotes from Scripture from Christ Himself all day on the necessity of baptism, and they'll still argue that the Bible doesn't say it.

I think that if Jesus walked up and down their street wearing a sandwich sign that said "Baptism is Necessary for Salvation-There, I Said It Again!", and posted the video of it on YouTube, they'd still ask me where I got the idea.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476738 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the Yoda syntax. "his teaches not..."
It says what its says, and Jesus said it.
Was He prone to making erroneous proclamations? Had diarrhea of the mouth, as He slipped in "and is baptized" when He shouldn't have?
"Yoda syntax"...lol.

I've been trying to pinpoint it for a while now, thanks!
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#476739 Sep 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
I am asking for prayers for my husband, he has been through a very tough time,and a lost of pain.
He is going to be alright, but he is very weak and getting a little discouraged.
He is suppose to be operated on sometime next week.
Thank you everyone. God Bless.
After last night and watching what he was going through, it makes me glad I am a woman, I think I got a taste of what men go through watching their wives in hours of labour.
LTM,

Done, and done.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476740 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yoda syntax"...lol.
I've been trying to pinpoint it for a while now, thanks!
Welcome, you are.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#476741 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing.
He instructed nothing as a predicate act to baptism.
You got it...there is no cure!!!

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

A. teach all nations,
B. baptizing them

Make a note...A comes before B, always, in anything to be done in a certain order...

Location hidden

#476742 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief AND baptism.
Belief without baptism or baptism without believing ain't gonna cut it.
The Gospel truth....do with it as you please...

Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

What does damn a person is non belief...not non baptism...

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

If baptism is a requirement, you have a fallible Bible...because this teaches not baptism is a requirement to be saved..

Location hidden

#476743 Sep 17, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM,
Done, and done.
Where you been ITB????

Location hidden

#476744 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the Yoda syntax. "his teaches not..."
It says what its says, and Jesus said it.
Was He prone to making erroneous proclamations? Had diarrhea of the mouth, as He slipped in "and is baptized" when He shouldn't have?
Gospel truth....do with it what pleases you...

Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

What does damn a person is non belief...not non baptism...
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

If baptism is a requirement, you have a fallible Bible...because this teaches not baptism is a requirement to be saved..
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476745 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it...there is no cure!!!
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
A. teach all nations,
B. baptizing them
Make a note...A comes before B, always, in anything to be done in a certain order...
19 Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations; baptise them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

20 and teach them to observe all the commands I gave you. And look, I am with you always; yes, to the end of time.'

The making of disciples incudes baptism.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476746 Sep 17, 2013
Does saving faith include obedience???

Faith and baptism are required.....
Rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#476747 Sep 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
I am asking for prayers for my husband, he has been through a very tough time,and a lost of pain.
He is going to be alright, but he is very weak and getting a little discouraged.
After last night and watching what he was going through, it makes me glad I am a woman, I think I got a taste of what men go through watching their wives in hours of labour.
God bless you both .

We pray for healing Father for this,Sisters,husband and success with his,surgery .

In Jesus,sweet Name ..Amen
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476748 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been non-stop quotes from Scripture from Christ Himself all day on the necessity of baptism, and they'll still argue that the Bible doesn't say it.
I think that if Jesus walked up and down their street wearing a sandwich sign that said "Baptism is Necessary for Salvation-There, I Said It Again!", and posted the video of it on YouTube, they'd still ask me where I got the idea.
Actually I think they'd say "that's not what Paul says!!!"

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#476749 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I already did.
He commanded the Apostles to go out and baptize all nations.
I'm part of "all nations".
Excuse me. I thought that you Catholics were Literalists. Just what part of those Nations did you belong to back then? and also, are you a Zombie to be that old. [email protected]
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476750 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome, you are.
I'm beginning to think they start with St. Paul and and try to figure out a way to work what Jesus said into the context of St. Paul's epistles. What a strange way to approach the bible.

Location hidden

#476751 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck, why would you dismiss the testimony of the earliest Christians, some of whom were taught directly by the apostles?
lol, for over 8 years, I have read this stoopid statement but none of you catholics know this statement is true.

"some of whom were taught directly by the apostles"

So for your info, the Bible says that in the Last days, knowledge shall be increased and therefore many of us are trying our best to teach you catholics, concerning the ignorance you have been taught.

Dan is a very good example of a dumb student.lol

Location hidden

#476752 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Preston,
John 7:37-39
37 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice,“Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.
38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”
39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were <<<later to receive.>>> ***Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.***
later to receive....go to Acts Chapter 1 & 2....what were the apostles going to receive?
“Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about".....NOT WATER BAPTISM....
It was Baptism of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.....
***Up to that time the Spirit HAD NOT been given, since Jesus HAD NOT yet been glorified.***
using the verses that you use. look closely at this one word. "whosoever".

says nothing whatsoever about any Apostle, does it?

going further to help you understand fully, this Experience came after they(apostles) were already believers.

This filling is a "different" experience than salvation, sorry, you cant see that, but hey, you aint by yourself.

Location hidden

#476753 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Chuckie, you don't believe that it is necessary to participate in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus....
You don't believe that we MUST experience our NEW BIRTH in Jesus.
Just as we are born physically......
WE MUST BE BORN SPIRITUALLY......
gonna be blunt, hank. If you believe that you got saved when the CoC baptized you. you are gonna split hell wide open. if fact, that killer in DC has a better chance than you. he was mentally retarded. You Arent!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#476754 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
Does saving faith include obedience???
Faith and baptism are required.....
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Location hidden

#476755 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism is a COMMAND.....so how can it not be necessary for salvation???
I asked Dan to prove that statement, and he couldn't. maybe you can.

where did jesus tell any person to get Baptised? I don't think that I have read that.LOL
marge

Leesburg, GA

#476756 Sep 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
You and your husband are in my prayers dear sis, May God bless both of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 6 hr friend 4
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Sun make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
More from around the web