Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691904 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476748 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been non-stop quotes from Scripture from Christ Himself all day on the necessity of baptism, and they'll still argue that the Bible doesn't say it.
I think that if Jesus walked up and down their street wearing a sandwich sign that said "Baptism is Necessary for Salvation-There, I Said It Again!", and posted the video of it on YouTube, they'd still ask me where I got the idea.
Actually I think they'd say "that's not what Paul says!!!"

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#476749 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I already did.
He commanded the Apostles to go out and baptize all nations.
I'm part of "all nations".
Excuse me. I thought that you Catholics were Literalists. Just what part of those Nations did you belong to back then? and also, are you a Zombie to be that old. [email protected]
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476750 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome, you are.
I'm beginning to think they start with St. Paul and and try to figure out a way to work what Jesus said into the context of St. Paul's epistles. What a strange way to approach the bible.

Location hidden

#476751 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck, why would you dismiss the testimony of the earliest Christians, some of whom were taught directly by the apostles?
lol, for over 8 years, I have read this stoopid statement but none of you catholics know this statement is true.

"some of whom were taught directly by the apostles"

So for your info, the Bible says that in the Last days, knowledge shall be increased and therefore many of us are trying our best to teach you catholics, concerning the ignorance you have been taught.

Dan is a very good example of a dumb student.lol

Location hidden

#476752 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Preston,
John 7:37-39
37 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice,“Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.
38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”
39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were <<<later to receive.>>> ***Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.***
later to receive....go to Acts Chapter 1 & 2....what were the apostles going to receive?
“Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about".....NOT WATER BAPTISM....
It was Baptism of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.....
***Up to that time the Spirit HAD NOT been given, since Jesus HAD NOT yet been glorified.***
using the verses that you use. look closely at this one word. "whosoever".

says nothing whatsoever about any Apostle, does it?

going further to help you understand fully, this Experience came after they(apostles) were already believers.

This filling is a "different" experience than salvation, sorry, you cant see that, but hey, you aint by yourself.

Location hidden

#476753 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Chuckie, you don't believe that it is necessary to participate in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus....
You don't believe that we MUST experience our NEW BIRTH in Jesus.
Just as we are born physically......
WE MUST BE BORN SPIRITUALLY......
gonna be blunt, hank. If you believe that you got saved when the CoC baptized you. you are gonna split hell wide open. if fact, that killer in DC has a better chance than you. he was mentally retarded. You Arent!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#476754 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
Does saving faith include obedience???
Faith and baptism are required.....
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Location hidden

#476755 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism is a COMMAND.....so how can it not be necessary for salvation???
I asked Dan to prove that statement, and he couldn't. maybe you can.

where did jesus tell any person to get Baptised? I don't think that I have read that.LOL
marge

Leesburg, GA

#476756 Sep 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
I am asking for prayers for my husband, he has been through a very tough time,and a lost of pain.
He is going to be alright, but he is very weak and getting a little discouraged.
He is suppose to be operated on sometime next week.
Thank you everyone. God Bless.
After last night and watching what he was going through, it makes me glad I am a woman, I think I got a taste of what men go through watching their wives in hours of labour.
You and your husband are in my prayers dear sis, May God bless both of you.

Location hidden

#476757 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuckie,
What does the Kingdom of God contain???
Those who have been rescued from the bondage of sin.....
So, what must we DO to free ourselves from the bondage of sin???
Quit reading your church doctrine.

there are more that just Christians in Heaven.

look at your question. a baby would know that is wrong.

Location hidden

#476758 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....
Chuckie, you are too funny.....
Come with some answers tomorrow....
Hank, by your own church questions, you are proving that you are not Saved, and that is sad.

every person in the NT that were saved were then baptize, not vice versa

Location hidden

#476759 Sep 17, 2013
if only stupid people are on here, I aint gonna be numbered with you people.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476760 Sep 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, for over 8 years, I have read this stoopid statement but none of you catholics know this statement is true.
"some of whom were taught directly by the apostles"
So for your info, the Bible says that in the Last days, knowledge shall be increased and therefore many of us are trying our best to teach you catholics, concerning the ignorance you have been taught.
Dan is a very good example of a dumb student.lol
I suppose I should be thankful for your concern Preston, yet after all these years I still don't know why you think you know better than the men who heard the apostles preaching with their own ears. I find that amazing. It's certainly not something you'd find in the Catholic Church.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#476761 Sep 17, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can I find Jesus saying "faith AND baptism" saves you?
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark 16:16.
Let's see what Mark 16:16 has to say......

Mark 16:16, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Read the following.....http://www.gotqu estions.org/baptism-Mark-16-16 .html
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#476762 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are not baptized, Chuckie, you are still under the bondage of sin.....condemned.....and outside of Christ.....
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So a person who is minutes from dying acknowledges he/she is a lost sinner, repents, and receives Christ by faith is not welcome in the Kingdom of God because he/she was not baptized...you're as lost as the catholics Hank.
Amen brother, amen.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476763 Sep 17, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can I find Jesus saying "faith AND baptism" saves you?
<quoted text>
Let's see what Mark 16:16 has to say......
Mark 16:16, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."
Read the following.....http://www.gotqu estions.org/baptism-Mark-16-16 .html
Read it, thanks. Does the writer really mean to suggest that this was possibly added at a later date? And does he really mean to suggest that we shouldn't take Jesus's words here at face value unless St. Paul confirms it in one of his epistles?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#476764 Sep 17, 2013
HOW DOES A PERSON RECEIVE SALVATION?
1. First recognize ourselves as the sinners we are. Romans 3:10, "as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;" Romans 3:23" for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Isaiah 64:6 "But we are all like an unclean thing,
And all our righteousness are like filthy rags;
We all fade as a leaf,And our iniquities, like the wind,Have taken us away."

2. The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life. Romans 6:23.

3. Ephesians 2:8-9, tells us that it is the grace of God that saves, because we believe.

4. Romans 10:9-10, Tell us confession of your faith is made with our mouths that we believe Christ's death burial and resurrection. It is with the heart that we believe.

5. John 3:16. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

6. Romans 5:8, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

7. II Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

8. Revelation 22:17 "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#476765 Sep 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
I am asking for prayers for my husband, he has been through a very tough time,and a lost of pain.
He is going to be alright, but he is very weak and getting a little discouraged.
He is suppose to be operated on sometime next week.
Thank you everyone. God Bless.
After last night and watching what he was going through, it makes me glad I am a woman, I think I got a taste of what men go through watching their wives in hours of labour.
Lors, source of all mercies, please have mercy on LTM's husband and with your merciful hands by which you were nailed upon the cross, please heal him and grant him your peace that surpasses all understanding. Please comfort LTM and give her the strength she needs to get through this and care for him. Please be her strength when she is weak, please be her hope when she is in despair.In the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit Amen

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#476766 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
In the end, Cain left God behind and sought to live his own way in the land of Nod.
True that. Which brings to mind yet another point. It seems that Cain did once go through the motions of honoring God or was he like so many of the posters that are here in that they honor God with their lips but their hearts are far from Him? Why did God reject the offering that Cain brought?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#476767 Sep 17, 2013
that it did not arise from any loveliness in them; or from any love in them to him; nor from any works of righteousness done by them, but from his own sovereign will and pleasure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 16 hr Frindly 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web