Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688571 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#476728 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
just silly to believe that you have the same born again experience as I because your mom and dad had you baptize.
yes silly, sad, and funny all at the sametime.
Sad.... to say baptism is in John 3:5 when it's not...truly sad how a cult can grip the human mind.
It's all good.

I was regenerated in Baptism. I renewed my baptismal vows at Confirmation.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476729 Sep 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly sad to say Baptism is in John 3:5 when it is clearly not.
Truly said to use this verse to say we should baptize infants when baptism AGAIN is not even mentioned...14 but Jesus said,“Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”
oh yeah ...how sad how a cult can grip the human mind. congrats Dan...they got you too.
Instead of putting your faith in a church, apostles, Mary, and saints you should try Jesus Christ Himself.
It's all good.

Christ left the Church for us until His return and left His authority to the Apostles and their successors to teach us how to be closer to Him.
Human Being

Iota, LA

#476730 Sep 17, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull spit. No profession of faith.....no salvation. Scripture not tradition or guess work.
SALVATION..........
Romans 10:9-10, 9 "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved."
Do you see baptism listed in these verses?
OldJG

Peace

I don't know if we are, or are not in agreement here?

I think pretty much Paul was talking to the Romans, and a "listening" public here....

The key word here is to listen to God, not the world, or a belief/belief system. In listening to God, one is able to then confess from the heart.

Deeper still is that God's Word is beyond our own nothingness, and he speaks His Word from beyond the storm, the breeze, the puff of air, to the quieted mind and heart to the soul.

Peace
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#476731 Sep 17, 2013
I am asking for prayers for my husband, he has been through a very tough time,and a lost of pain.
He is going to be alright, but he is very weak and getting a little discouraged.
He is suppose to be operated on sometime next week.
Thank you everyone. God Bless.
After last night and watching what he was going through, it makes me glad I am a woman, I think I got a taste of what men go through watching their wives in hours of labour.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476732 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sticking your head in the sand will not change the truth in the Gospel.
What did He say they must do before they baptism "all nations".????
Nothing.

He instructed nothing as a predicate act to baptism.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#476733 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark 16:16.
Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

What does damn a person is non belief...not non baptism...

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

If baptism is a requirement, you have a fallible Bible...because this teaches not baptism is a requirement to be saved..
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476734 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
What does damn a person is non belief...not non baptism...
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
If baptism is a requirement, you have a fallible Bible...because this teaches not baptism is a requirement to be saved..
Belief AND baptism.

Belief without baptism or baptism without believing ain't gonna cut it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476735 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
What does damn a person is non belief...not non baptism...
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
If baptism is a requirement, you have a fallible Bible...because this teaches not baptism is a requirement to be saved..
Again with the Yoda syntax. "his teaches not..."

It says what its says, and Jesus said it.

Was He prone to making erroneous proclamations? Had diarrhea of the mouth, as He slipped in "and is baptized" when He shouldn't have?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476736 Sep 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Even when you don't, you will still receice the free gift of grace.
Grace isn't for you or Jesus to decide on who gets, huh?
Thinking that Catholics are the only ones who receive grace is absurd.
I've never said Catholics are the only ones who receive grace.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476737 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief AND baptism.
Belief without baptism or baptism without believing ain't gonna cut it.
It's been non-stop quotes from Scripture from Christ Himself all day on the necessity of baptism, and they'll still argue that the Bible doesn't say it.

I think that if Jesus walked up and down their street wearing a sandwich sign that said "Baptism is Necessary for Salvation-There, I Said It Again!", and posted the video of it on YouTube, they'd still ask me where I got the idea.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476738 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the Yoda syntax. "his teaches not..."
It says what its says, and Jesus said it.
Was He prone to making erroneous proclamations? Had diarrhea of the mouth, as He slipped in "and is baptized" when He shouldn't have?
"Yoda syntax"...lol.

I've been trying to pinpoint it for a while now, thanks!
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#476739 Sep 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
I am asking for prayers for my husband, he has been through a very tough time,and a lost of pain.
He is going to be alright, but he is very weak and getting a little discouraged.
He is suppose to be operated on sometime next week.
Thank you everyone. God Bless.
After last night and watching what he was going through, it makes me glad I am a woman, I think I got a taste of what men go through watching their wives in hours of labour.
LTM,

Done, and done.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#476740 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yoda syntax"...lol.
I've been trying to pinpoint it for a while now, thanks!
Welcome, you are.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#476741 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing.
He instructed nothing as a predicate act to baptism.
You got it...there is no cure!!!

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

A. teach all nations,
B. baptizing them

Make a note...A comes before B, always, in anything to be done in a certain order...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#476742 Sep 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief AND baptism.
Belief without baptism or baptism without believing ain't gonna cut it.
The Gospel truth....do with it as you please...

Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

What does damn a person is non belief...not non baptism...

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

If baptism is a requirement, you have a fallible Bible...because this teaches not baptism is a requirement to be saved..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#476743 Sep 17, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM,
Done, and done.
Where you been ITB????

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#476744 Sep 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the Yoda syntax. "his teaches not..."
It says what its says, and Jesus said it.
Was He prone to making erroneous proclamations? Had diarrhea of the mouth, as He slipped in "and is baptized" when He shouldn't have?
Gospel truth....do with it what pleases you...

Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

What does damn a person is non belief...not non baptism...
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

If baptism is a requirement, you have a fallible Bible...because this teaches not baptism is a requirement to be saved..
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#476745 Sep 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it...there is no cure!!!
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
A. teach all nations,
B. baptizing them
Make a note...A comes before B, always, in anything to be done in a certain order...
19 Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations; baptise them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

20 and teach them to observe all the commands I gave you. And look, I am with you always; yes, to the end of time.'

The making of disciples incudes baptism.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#476746 Sep 17, 2013
Does saving faith include obedience???

Faith and baptism are required.....
Rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#476747 Sep 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
I am asking for prayers for my husband, he has been through a very tough time,and a lost of pain.
He is going to be alright, but he is very weak and getting a little discouraged.
He is suppose to be operated on sometime next week.
Thank you everyone. God Bless.
After last night and watching what he was going through, it makes me glad I am a woman, I think I got a taste of what men go through watching their wives in hours of labour.
God bless you both .

We pray for healing Father for this,Sisters,husband and success with his,surgery .

In Jesus,sweet Name ..Amen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web