Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
459,581 - 459,600 of 532,547 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

last moment is last moment
but god is god
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

'tko visoko leti nisko pada'

Who fly high, boarding very low.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that would be insensitive and wrong. But I'm afraid I must plead ignorance as to who and when it was said as I go off the board several days at a time and usually only respond to recently made comments so I must've missed it. Again, whether you believe it or not, I hope Nick gets better. I'm sorry for his illness.
I believe you in this instance.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

And yes Robert as grumpy old preachers as they are (gif and pres.), they preach osas:)
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that would be insensitive and wrong. But I'm afraid I must plead ignorance as to who and when it was said as I go off the board several days at a time and usually only respond to recently made comments so I must've missed it. Again, whether you believe it or not, I hope Nick gets better. I'm sorry for his illness.
First, I believe she is referring to me. Second mobody wished he would die or no empathy or go to hell. Apparently they know what all Catholics pray for in silence. I guess the many times I have said to pray for the leaders that our differences can be resolved and become one as Christ wanted are pure rubbish because obviously I said that out of spite. ;0 However at least one Protestant did pray for another to die and of course almost daily Catholics are informed we are going to hell and not Christians.

I also do not have the time to live on these boards like some in here. However it was not insensitive or wrong to tell her that Nick can leave anytime he wants. It is not unfair to respond to his nonsense and lies and I should just rollover while the sick man comes out guns blazing with his attack dog wife joining in with the Protestants in complete hypocrisy. She wont apologize for saying the church is an abortion to the truth. She says it doesnt bother them what people say about their church. We can see that..lol All the Protestants know what they believe its Catholics that dont apparently. I dont like him pretending he is the voice of the Orthodox church. I dont like the crap posted on the Pope, the false history, the pure hypcorisy of ignoring the many many insults hurled at the Church everyday. I dont think Herme is qualified to speak for the entire Orthodox church and decide who is Orthodox and who is not. I know he isnt any kind of Scholar and his research is a joke. I dont have any respect at all for him nor his wife. They are both huge liars. She says her priest says coming to fight is a sin and asks if we think she enjoys it? I think she does in fact enjoy it. She feels the need to slam Hojo, but ignores the many insults including the ones they make. She says she doesnt need to repeat her beliefs. Apparently just not to Protestants. Herme posts from a site that sighted reference against Catholics. He left out the part that says Protestants are worse and have no Grace. Another example of his fine research.

I have seen you go to great lengths to try to be cordial with them, but they will have none of it. All the Protestants are wonderful its the mean catholics who pick on them. Its mind boggling really. Sere vowed to continue attacking the church despite her finally acknowledging that what she was doing was sinning. I called her on her lies while pretending she wasnt trying to smear the pope or the church. It was plain vindictive spite and when their lies and foolishness is exposed its all about being sick. Whats sick is for someone who is sick to spend all their time attacking the Church and Catholics in a very hypocritical manner. He isnt worth anymore time. He is an emotional child and his wife is just as bad.

Being sick doesnt give anyone a free pass to attack and post rubbish and not expect a response. Nobody is forced to come here. I wont lose any sleep about what these two great minds of our century have to say. Preston says that God doesnt hear prayers from Catholics and of course priests are filthy drunks and pedophiles and Mary was a bad Mother unlike his. lol He doesnt want any Catholic prayers, but I guess certain people who claim to be Orthdox are ok.

marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

I have three days off in a row although have much housework to do i'll be around...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I believe she is referring to me. Second mobody wished he would die or no empathy or go to hell. Apparently they know what all Catholics pray for in silence. I guess the many times I have said to pray for the leaders that our differences can be resolved and become one as Christ wanted are pure rubbish because obviously I said that out of spite. ;0 However at least one Protestant did pray for another to die and of course almost daily Catholics are informed we are going to hell and not Christians.
I also do not have the time to live on these boards like some in here. However it was not insensitive or wrong to tell her that Nick can leave anytime he wants. It is not unfair to respond to his nonsense and lies and I should just rollover while the sick man comes out guns blazing with his attack dog wife joining in with the Protestants in complete hypocrisy. She wont apologize for saying the church is an abortion to the truth. She says it doesnt bother them what people say about their church. We can see that..lol All the Protestants know what they believe its Catholics that dont apparently. I dont like him pretending he is the voice of the Orthodox church. I dont like the crap posted on the Pope, the false history, the pure hypcorisy of ignoring the many many insults hurled at the Church everyday. I dont think Herme is qualified to speak for the entire Orthodox church and decide who is Orthodox and who is not. I know he isnt any kind of Scholar and his research is a joke. I dont have any respect at all for him nor his wife. They are both huge liars. She says her priest says coming to fight is a sin and asks if we think she enjoys it? I think she does in fact enjoy it. She feels the need to slam Hojo, but ignores the many insults including the ones they make. She says she doesnt need to repeat her beliefs. Apparently just not to Protestants. Herme posts from a site that sighted reference against Catholics. He left out the part that says Protestants are worse and have no Grace. Another example of his fine research.
I have seen you go to great lengths to try to be cordial with them, but they will have none of it. All the Protestants are wonderful its the mean catholics who pick on them. Its mind boggling really. Sere vowed to continue attacking the church despite her finally acknowledging that what she was doing was sinning. I called her on her lies while pretending she wasnt trying to smear the pope or the church. It was plain vindictive spite and when their lies and foolishness is exposed its all about being sick. Whats sick is for someone who is sick to spend all their time attacking the Church and Catholics in a very hypocritical manner. He isnt worth anymore time. He is an emotional child and his wife is just as bad.
Being sick doesnt give anyone a free pass to attack and post rubbish and not expect a response. Nobody is forced to come here. I wont lose any sleep about what these two great minds of our century have to say. Preston says that God doesnt hear prayers from Catholics and of course priests are filthy drunks and pedophiles and Mary was a bad Mother unlike his. lol He doesnt want any Catholic prayers, but I guess certain people who claim to be Orthdox are ok.
You took a lot of time and twisted information to justify your insensitive remark.The facts remains that YOU are a BIGGER bully than as you imply me or nick are. Your personal attacks go up and beyond what your faith would call for don't you agree? if indeed nick and I are as you say, you being the GREAT ONE should rise above someone like us.....I will apologise when YOU apologise for that nasty remark...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Being sick doesnt give anyone a free pass to attack and post rubbish and not expect a response. Nobody is forced to come here. I wont lose any sleep about what these two great minds of our century have to say. Preston says that God doesn't hear prayers from Catholics and of course priests are filthy drunks and pedophiles and Mary was a bad Mother unlike his. lol He doesn't want any Catholic prayers, but I guess certain people who claim to be Orthodox are ok.
You sure you are not a 16 year old girl? This sounds like a 16 year old girl complaining and gossiping on the phone to her 16 year old girl friend.

As far as anything you said here there is no need to respond since the only posters here that believe you are anywhere close to the the truth in what you say are your fellow inpatients at the "Lets Take Valid Catholicism and Make It A A Stone to Throw" Ward

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Oh and by the way Dusty I want tio thank you because it was pathological liars and sinners like you in your church that inspired the Protestant movement Born Agains, , Evangelicals, etc that are now my close friends.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You took a lot of time and twisted information to justify your insensitive remark.The facts remains that YOU are a BIGGER bully than as you imply me or nick are. Your personal attacks go up and beyond what your faith would call for don't you agree? if indeed nick and I are as you say, you being the GREAT ONE should rise above someone like us.....I will apologise when YOU apologise for that nasty remark...
The standard response to the facts. Now post youtube links and make jokes and play your games with insults and pretend you are not a hypocrite. You, You You Constante-ist. lol I think I got the Gif spelling right?

I think being saved means you attack Catholics. Long before they came Orthodox sites that were on par were posted to refute accusations. I guess it was done to attack you so you would actually make a stand for your faith other than attacking Catholics on every issue even if its from your church. It is obvious you both go to great lengths to attack Catholics. Obvious to everyone but you, thus the Chesterton quote on hypcorisy was very suitable.

What was that about Indians in some forest again? They arent really Christians right? lol I couldnt believe the bigotry coming from you. Well, actually I could.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The standard response to the facts. Now post youtube links and make jokes and play your games with insults and pretend you are not a hypocrite. You, You You Constante-ist. lol I think I got the Gif spelling right?
I think being saved means you attack Catholics. Long before they came Orthodox sites that were on par were posted to refute accusations. I guess it was done to attack you so you would actually make a stand for your faith other than attacking Catholics on every issue even if its from your church. It is obvious you both go to great lengths to attack Catholics. Obvious to everyone but you, thus the Chesterton quote on hypcorisy was very suitable.
What was that about Indians in some forest again? They arent really Christians right? lol I couldnt believe the bigotry coming from you. Well, actually I could.
Given your personality I probably have more Catholic friends than you do.What was it that Aunt Bee used to say? Oh yeah So shut your Pie Hole.

Here is a clue. Whatever it is you think you are are defending, it is not Catholicism.If you were the defense lawyer for Catholicism, the Bishops would be singing spirituals working along side the road in a chain gang.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
What was that about Indians in some forest again? They arent really Christiansthe right? lol I couldnt believe the bigotry coming from you. Well, actually I could.
You need anger management...your personal attacks are unbecoming.Would you behave this way if your priest was here?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I NEVER SAID INDIANS IN A FOREST WERE NOT CATHOLIC.What I said was what do a bunch of uneducated Indians in a jungle know about the catholic faith(.Something like that) I never said they weren't Christians.How deep would they understand the faith? That's what I meant
And you are one of the people our priest was talking about when he mention about argueing with someone.If you want to remain in sin gooooo right ahead....I am Done with you....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

correction...christians
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You need anger management...your personal attacks are unbecoming.Would you behave this way if your priest was here?
Its really funny that you think I am upset. I have never received a response of anything that resembled something of substance from either of you. Here is the post again.

Your hypcrisy is not a personal attack it is a fact. I didn't change anything when a priest was here. However, Herme did make accusations against him and then Apologized for his typical knee jerk reaction scholarship. Father Dye 'The Filthy Drunk" who gratiously accepted the title from Preston asked what was so anti-orthodox.

Now what are you doing right now? Are you sick? Are you an idol and Mary worhsipper? Are you a Constanteist? If you have something intelligent to say then do so. I have to work so I dont have time for your nonsense. If you have something of value to say let me know when I am around.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I NEVER SAID INDIANS IN A FOREST WERE NOT CATHOLIC.What I said was what do a bunch of uneducated Indians in a jungle know about the catholic faith(.Something like that) I never said they weren't Christians.How deep would they understand the faith? That's what I meant
And you are one of the people our priest was talking about when he mention about argueing with someone.If you want to remain in sin gooooo right ahead....I am Done with you....
Now why on earth would a bunch of uneducated Indians in a jungle accept the faith if they didnt know anything about it? Isnt the Good News for the whole world? If they dont know anything about the faith then does that mean they arent really Christians or do I go with the many Protestants in here who say Catholics arent really Christians and are going to hell?

Now why did you say that about Indians in a Jungle? Are they not really Catholic then? Which Jungles are we talking about here and are there no signs of intelligent life form there? If they become Protestant or Orthodox then what would they know? lol Im going to bed. You can keep digging your rabbit holes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Now why on earth would a bunch of uneducated Indians in a jungle accept the faith if they didnt know anything about it? Isnt the Good News for the whole world? If they dont know anything about the faith then does that mean they arent really Christians or do I go with the many Protestants in here who say Catholics arent really Christians and are going to hell?
Now why did you say that about Indians in a Jungle? Are they not really Catholic then? Which Jungles are we talking about here and are there no signs of intelligent life form there? If they become Protestant or Orthodox then what would they know? lol Im going to bed. You can keep digging your rabbit holes.
History: When the Catholic Church took in the Barbarians most of them were Arians, and others kept their mythic Gods and attached Catholicism.Rose's point is correct. Now run to your Catholic site and look for a denial or minimization of this piece of history.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Its really funny that you think I am upset. I have never received a response of anything that resembled something of substance from either of you. Here is the post again.
Your hypcrisy is not a personal attack it is a fact. I didn't change anything when a priest was here. However, Herme did make accusations against him and then Apologized for his typical knee jerk reaction scholarship. Father Dye 'The Filthy Drunk" who gratiously accepted the title from Preston asked what was so ant time for myi-orthodox.
Now what are you doing right now? Are you sick? Are you an idol and Mary worhsipper? Are you a Constanteist? If you have something intelligent to say then do so. I have to work so I dont have time for your nonsense. If you have something of value to say let me know when I am around.
I have nothing to say to you! I have nothing of value for you and your gifted brain. You make no sense to a simple person as myself.If indeed you don't have time for my nonsence THAN DONT RESPOND TO ME. Its that simple so stop lying!You thrive on the thrill of the kill.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
okie dokie nite nite Mr.Mean Jeans

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Where are the catlicks!!!!!????

The Vatican is ready to open a discussion about whether Catholic priests should be required to remain celibate, the Vatican's newly appointed secretary of state said in an interview with a Venezuelan newspaper.

Question to catlicks....If that requirement is supported by Scripture, and the Word of God does not change, how, then, can they make a change in this requirement and claim it is also supported by Scripture????!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Married in 8,121
More 11 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 11 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 12 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••