Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595907 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#476149 Sep 12, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Now why on earth would a bunch of uneducated Indians in a jungle accept the faith if they didnt know anything about it? Isnt the Good News for the whole world? If they dont know anything about the faith then does that mean they arent really Christians or do I go with the many Protestants in here who say Catholics arent really Christians and are going to hell?
Now why did you say that about Indians in a Jungle? Are they not really Catholic then? Which Jungles are we talking about here and are there no signs of intelligent life form there? If they become Protestant or Orthodox then what would they know? lol Im going to bed. You can keep digging your rabbit holes.
The problem here is that your over thinking....its really simple to understand my point.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#476150 Sep 12, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Now why on earth would a bunch of uneducated Indians in a jungle accept the faith if they didnt know anything about it? Isnt the Good News for the whole world? If they dont know anything about the faith then does that mean they arent really Christians or do I go with the many Protestants in here who say Catholics arent really Christians and are going to hell?
Now why did you say that about Indians in a Jungle? Are they not really Catholic then? Which Jungles are we talking about here and are there no signs of intelligent life form there? If they become Protestant or Orthodox then what would they know? lol Im going to bed. You can keep digging your rabbit holes.
----------
Isnt it wonderful that you would have such passion defending "Indians in the Jungle" but not be able to carry out one civil dialogue with another person in Topix.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#476151 Sep 12, 2013
Nickie Honey...can you take me to the vets for my shots.I am due....rufffff
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#476152 Sep 13, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think being saved means you attack Catholics.
As a former bible only Protestant, it is obvious that "fundies" use the expressive egostistical (lingo), "I am saved", do so with the sole intent on attacking the faith of Catholics!---Ha, Ha, I'M SAVED AND YOU'RE NOT!!....It, again, only proves that Protestant fundamentalism CANNOT EXIST on its own doctrine of belief, WITHOUT
attacking, judging and condemning the TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!
Clay

United States

#476153 Sep 13, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are unteachable and ignorant. You quote Scripture and know absolutely nothing about it. Nothing!
James 5:14 has nothing to do with extreme unction
You believe this is speaking of purgatory? You have no clue!
Revelation 21:27, "But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s book of life."
"But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false," This is speaking of the unsaved. Yes, the unsaved WILL NOT enter heaven. But only those written in the Lamb's book of life, those saved and have professed Jesus as their Lord and Savior, will enter into heaven. Totally clean and washed in the blood of the Lamb.
You said, quote, "What happens if we are not 'clean enough' to go straight to Heaven and be in the presence of God, but are not filthy enough to go to Hell? 1cor 3:15 Paul says, "he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but ONLY AS THROUGH THE FIRE"." End quote.
You knowledge of Scripture is the pinnacle of stupidity. If you have professed Jesus as Lord and Savior and have been washed in the blood of Lamb you are forever clean and will enter heaven. In the future before you expose your ignorance do yourself a favor, find a true Christian, go over the Scripture and educate yourself before you place your foot in your mouth. No doubt you suffer from hoof and mouth disease.
You calling someone ignorant, is like a poop telling a vomit he stinks.

I thought you said scripture interprets itself?
So what are you doing interpreting it?

James 5:14 describes last rites.+ I gave you evidence of how a Church father viewed it in 250 AD. Did Christianity get corrupted at that point vs Constantine 100 yrs later??

Rev 21: 27 describes Heaven, not Purgatory. Yes we are washed clean by Christ, but we still have accountability. Those in Purgatory will be in Heaven, not hell. They first need to be washed but only through the fire as Paul describes in Cor 3:15.

I gave you scripture and you have no business telling me I'm wrong. You're not an authority on our sacred scripture.
1stHALFofTRIB

AOL

#476154 Sep 13, 2013
.

BIBLE's "Silence in Heaven" ID's RAPTURE timing >



.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#476155 Sep 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
As a former bible only Protestant, it is obvious that "fundies" use the expressive egostistical (lingo), "I am saved", do so with the sole intent on attacking the faith of Catholics!---Ha, Ha, I'M SAVED AND YOU'RE NOT!!....It, again, only proves that Protestant fundamentalism CANNOT EXIST on its own doctrine of belief, WITHOUT
attacking, judging and condemning the TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!
But isn't that the same thing that your doing?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#476156 Sep 13, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>But isn't that the same thing that your doing?
Not at all!! The Catholic Doctrine of Faith can and has always been "grounded,and supported, standing on its own TRUTH by over 2000 years of the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible, the authenticated proven TRUTH of TRUE Church History and the TRUE SPOKEN words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF in Matthew 16:13-21.... The Catholic Church and its Doctrine of Faith, doesn't need to prove ANYTHING because it has already been proven over and over and over again as THE TRUTH!!!....Protestant denominations, especially bible only beliefs ALL are ALWAYS having to "prove something" because none of what they believe has ANY biblical or historical proof to back up what they believe!!!
Clay

United States

#476157 Sep 13, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Well Clay, that part of you that thinks that nick and I were "not prepared to learn the Biblical and the historical thruths of the catholic faith: particularly the Papacy" IS WRONG!!!Question for you.....do you enjoy getting little digs and insults in when ever you can to justify always wanting to be correct? You know as well as I know that the Orthodox views of church history is NOT THE SAME AS YOUR VIEW....now, I could take this as an insult or I can take this as you don't know what your talking about. Which is it?? Were insecure in our faith because we don't know the catholic church history????? are you serious ?? That's a stupid remark!
My intention wasn't to insult you. You not knowing about the CC isn't a reflection of lack of education. I'm Catholic and I still do not understand everything about the Church (nor do I need to)

I just said what I said because most people are surprised when they hear the Catholic side of the story. They react differently.
All I know is that you and Herm were different last year. You were really warm towards Catholicism. Not focused on the many similarities we have - which far outnumbers the non similarities. Now you two seem to focus on the negatives, even making minor differences seem worse than they actually are.
Clay

United States

#476158 Sep 13, 2013
@Sera and Herm....
I'm also puzzled why you two never stand up for truth when the fundies attack us. You believe in the Eucharist. You believe in Confession to a Priest. You believe in Baptism with water.
Yet you sit idle why they mock the Eucharist? They are in reality, mocking Jesus Christ who said, "This is my body". Therefore that is a call for you to stand up for the Lord.
I know that no Catholic on this thread would ever stay silent if these guy poke fun at YOUR belief in the Eucharist.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#476159 Sep 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
@Sera and Herm....
I'm also puzzled why you two never stand up for truth when the fundies attack us. You believe in the Eucharist. You believe in Confession to a Priest. You believe in Baptism with water.
Yet you sit idle why they mock the Eucharist? They are in reality, mocking Jesus Christ who said, "This is my body". Therefore that is a call for you to stand up for the Lord.
I know that no Catholic on this thread would ever stay silent if these guy poke fun at YOUR belief in the Eucharist.
Just reminding you again, Christians are Priests, Clay. There is no such thing in the scriptures as the 'middle-man' priests your denomination has created through its man-made doctrine. Apostacy is the rule of your denomination, Clay. It does not resemble the church of the 1st century that Jesus died for and created. Your denomination is a "mockery" of the 1st Century church.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#476160 Sep 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
@Sera and Herm....
I'm also puzzled why you two never stand up for truth when the fundies attack us. You believe in the Eucharist. You believe in Confession to a Priest. You believe in Baptism with water.
Yet you sit idle why they mock the Eucharist? They are in reality, mocking Jesus Christ who said, "This is my body". Therefore that is a call for you to stand up for the Lord.
I know that no Catholic on this thread would ever stay silent if these guy poke fun at YOUR belief in the Eucharist.
Again you are "confused". I have explained this many times.I have seen zero zero zero persons change their view because they dialoged here with someone with different views.Sorry, but I dont see the purpose of arguing the same points with people for 7 years with no result.Especially blasting in someone's face for 7 years how you are the "True Church".Noone is sticking up for Christ by acting like a jerk and verbally abusing people here.A Catholic calling someone a hypocrite and an idiot etc etc and strutting with pride has nothing to do with defending the Holy Eucharist.It has to do with saying I am the best, my team is the best- in other words pride and ego.I try to go beyond dogma to the heart. I try to connect with people heart to heart.Christ is in the heart.I have never once betrayed Orthodoxy here. People know what I believe.Christ is in the heart. You want to be a defender of Christ. Conduct Spiritual Warfare within yourself. Believe me , there is enough in all of us to battle.Its a lot harder than strutting around here.
Clay

United States

#476161 Sep 13, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just reminding you again, Christians are Priests, Clay. There is no such thing in the scriptures as the 'middle-man' priests your denomination has created through its man-made doctrine. Apostacy is the rule of your denomination, Clay. It does not resemble the church of the 1st century that Jesus died for and created. Your denomination is a "mockery" of the 1st Century church.
The Catholic Church teaches that we are all priests too. But the Apostles set up a sacramental Priesthood with the duties of administering the sacraments and performing the Mass.

"Do all things in harmony with God; with the Bishop presiding in place of God; with the Priests in place of the council of the Apostles, and with the Deacons- most dear to me, entrusted with the business of Jesus Christ who was with the Father from the beginning and at last, is made manifest"
Ignatius of Antioch, Bishop and Disciple of John; ordained by Saint Peter

This is the first century Church. Its the Church of Christ, called Universal or "Catholic".

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#476162 Sep 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Peace
"Blessed are the poor(impoverished) in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:3
Your gnostic substitution of what it is to be poor and rich needs adjusting. It is oblique at best to Jesus' first Sermon.
Poor in spirit...,kingdom of heaven. is theirs.
Remember it? Remember!
Peace
Hi HB - thanks for posting a response.

You are confusing to aspects of human nature - one that Jesus instructs us to look within to correct ourselves, so we don't become impoverished with knowledge, as knowledge increase the betterment of one's Self. Where as the poor are those who have not the ability to extend themselves to reach the knowledge, so those individuals have Jesus as a guide - in regard to spiritual matters.

Everything Jesus teaches is about the Spirit and its transcendence to a higher plane of existence.

You do understand this, right?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#476163 Sep 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
"Paul's gospel" is not Jesus'.
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Your foolishness is not worth responding to...
...and yet you did. DOH!
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
for it has nothing to do with God's eternal plan of salvation..
I understand how you don't want to beleive Jesus and what he taught. It is very understandable.

The beauty of it all - you still get to choose - whcih shows you are using your Self, although in such a small regard.
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
If man could have saved himself Jesus would not have had to suffered and died...to ransom man back from the prince of this world..
Jesus did. "For they know not what they do." Clearly explains alot about men.

Just think...if men didn't kill Jesus, you wouldn't have a religion at all to tout all around town.

Men decided to make it what you believe, not "God".

Move past the words and understgand their meanings.
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You will be accountable for propagating and spreading such foolishness.
I will. Prove it? Did you talk to "God" and Jesus in the last 24 hours?

Or in truth, you are upset that I actually am pointing out facts that your religions glosses over, so you have the chance to be arrogant?
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
when you stand before God in judgment.
"God" doesn't judge anyone, we judge ourselves.

You will probably have to answer for your life, but it won;t be a judgment. It will be a review to see if you learned anything.
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
1Jn_1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
your darkness will be swallowed up in the light of the truth of God's word.
Rev_21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and
-->all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. <--
Do you always believe men? You are pretty good at it, so I'll take it that you do.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#476164 Sep 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said anything different. I never declared who was or wasn't going to heaven.
Silly NASL.
But you NOW have to believe that non-believers and Atheist will.

That was my point.

Whether you do or not, that would be Self - which no religion or anyone is required.

That was also another one of my points.

The question is, will you believe this or not, now that the Pope's infallibility teaching, expresses you should.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#476165 Sep 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>his(New Age Spiritual Leader) foolishness is why I pay no attention to him.
an honest debate I would answer but I consider him on the same plane as I do Robert. Neither worth really talking to.
...and yet you'll post about me.

Please try to be a little bit more honest with the forum.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#476166 Sep 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My intention wasn't to insult you. You not knowing about the CC isn't a reflection of lack of education. I'm Catholic and I still do not understand everything about the Church (nor do I need to)
I just said what I said because most people are surprised when they hear the Catholic side of the story. They react differently.
All I know is that you and Herm were different last year. You were really warm towards Catholicism. Not focused on the many similarities we have - which far outnumbers the non similarities. Now you two seem to focus on the negatives, even making minor differences seem worse than they actually are.
Not being a complete idiot, I studied church history, Catholicism and Orthodoxy before making a choice.In face I studied Orthodoxy after Catholicism.I studied all sides. The only thing that surprised me is how some will change history, invent history, deny and defend abuses, atrocities, etc. This goes beyond surprise for me.
You are correct. When we first came to topix we were friendly with Caths. The first time I presented history concerning the papacy, they turned on us like ghetto rats.Especially Regina and Dust Stor. Then others joined in. You know what? That told me everything.The more many of the Catholics posted, the more I saw them present false arguments and the more I saw them ridicule.If anything they made me go from basically trusting the Catholic church into now double checking anything the Church says.When Catholics here like Anthony started to post Orthodoxy info because we were "more concerned with having tea parties with Protestants than defending our faith",I saw the same kind of group pressure that adolescents use. I am a grown man. Take that stuff down the road.I have ho use whatsoever for any of them and they know who they are.If you actually believe that True Orthodoxy and Catholicism are basically the same, you have done zero study of what lies underneath our practices. It is a different theology. Yes we have confession but with a different theology. We have a completely different hierarchy.Some Catholics here copy an Orthodox site and post having no clue whatsoever what the theology is. So believe what you want have experienced too much in life to be the target of these childish verbal assaults bt Dust Storm and the rest. I have had my worked checked by too many people to have some computer life idiot question how I research.Cmon, would that childish rap work in a real moderated debate? Too much nonsense. Too little time.Basic message" Life is too short for nonsense. Love and Christ lasts forever.
Clay

United States

#476167 Sep 13, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Again you are "confused". I have explained this many times.I have seen zero zero zero persons change their view because they dialoged here with someone with different views.Sorry, but I dont see the purpose of arguing the same points with people for 7 years with no result.Especially blasting in someone's face for 7 years how you are the "True Church".Noone is sticking up for Christ by acting like a jerk and verbally abusing people here.A Catholic calling someone a hypocrite and an idiot etc etc and strutting with pride has nothing to do with defending the Holy Eucharist.It has to do with saying I am the best, my team is the best- in other words pride and ego.I try to go beyond dogma to the heart. I try to connect with people heart to heart.Christ is in the heart.I have never once betrayed Orthodoxy here. People know what I believe.Christ is in the heart. You want to be a defender of Christ. Conduct Spiritual Warfare within yourself. Believe me , there is enough in all of us to battle.Its a lot harder than strutting around here.
That's not the point. You shouldn't argue a point for the purpose of 'winning'. Its not a silly competition to see who has the best scriptural knowledge. That's so Prestonism.

This is a world wide forum and people are trashing the Lord in the Eucharist and demeaning His Mother and you don't defend Him.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#476168 Sep 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I have attempted to avoid conversation with him myself...but sometime I
answer his prattle...when he gets to far afield.
on a more pleasant subject...
GIf
The only true way to avoid responding is to not respond.

You haven't said anything that is helpful to anyone, except yourself, especially when you continue to uphold fabicated lies.

But when I see you avoiding the facts and semantics of the issues, of course I will try to put you back on course, "God" and Jesus wants me to. Get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 min Married in 9,527
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Tue 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web