Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590797 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#476026 Sep 12, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Michael I suggest you at least go half way and become a student of NASL.He has the Self all figured out!
You would too, that is if you believe in Jesus.

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#476027 Sep 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Ole rerun ...
Show us by example that you live what Jesus taught...
Get out of THE NEW AGE CULT,,THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS...
SHOW US ....
Col 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing,
being fruitful in every good work, and
increasing in the knowledge of God;
Col 1:11 Strengthened with all might,
according to his glorious power,
unto all patience and longsuffering
with joyfulness;
Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father,
which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
PROVE THAT
YOU ARE ONE THAT HAS BEEN DELIVERED FROM THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS
Col_1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
AND
1Ti 4:12 ..... be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
There you go again....insisting taht I live by what Jesus taught, as I already do, but yet you post everyone BESIDES Jesus to promote it.

You are confused. Too much wine can cause dizziness and delusion, huh?

Why don't you first do what you are asking me to do?- "Show us by example that you live what Jesus taught"

a. I've post just one teaching by Jesus, that I know you haven't done. And I can post others.

Don't be stupid GiF, you really aren't that special, but only in your own eyes. That would be arrogance and ego.

Get over yourself.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#476028 Sep 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
They'll be looking at you and saying, "Damn - he was right!"
;o)
....they would think that, but NEVER say it out loud.

seriously, no one knows what is going to happen after we take our last breaths. I have kept all options open, if Jesus does appear, then I will be doing some fast talking. Its never too late!

Location hidden

#476029 Sep 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
Peace
This "DRAWING" you are writing about.... What is being "drawn"? How is it "drawn". Where is it "drawn"? Can you be specific?
I ask, because, someone's attention, emotion, and body can be drawn in different ways through different means and different ends.
Peace
LOL. If You were Saved, you would know what the "drawing' Power is. and you wouldn't have to ask.

No Christian has to wonder, they KNOW.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#476030 Sep 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Michael wrote:
I can't wait until we get to heaven to see the disappointment in the eyes of Anthony, Hojo, Clay, ReginaM and the others that we made it too!
Their life-long anticipation of personal happiness, joy and bliss will come to a screeching halt when they find that heaven will be much more crowded than they thought........thanks to Pope Francis for clarifying the truth.
Yes, that Pope Francis is a wise old man....
<quoted text>
Hey Mike - isn;t it fun to watch Dan back-peddle?
I've stated that "this teaching" has been around for millenia - he continuously refutes my statements, and now he says that it's been around for years.
Well we know Jesus teaches it highly, and he refutes it, I wonder if he will continnue to refute it when I say it now - using the Pope as my reference?
These Catholics really don't know what they are doing.
"For they know not what they do." - Jesus
So! Do catholics just carry on or do they embrace the Pope's statement?

If Catholics believe the Pope is Gods representative on earth, its obvious catholics are in a catch 22.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#476031 Sep 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
Peace
This "DRAWING" you are writing about.... What is being "drawn"? How is it "drawn". Where is it "drawn"? Can you be specific?
I ask, because, someone's attention, emotion, and body can be drawn in different ways through different means and different ends.
Peace
~~~

JESUS SAID

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#476032 Sep 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Catholics will not face the truth that Mary remained not a virgin..
Mt 1:25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
"knew" is the past tense of "know". Know means:8. Archaic. to have sexual intercourse with.
Its immaterial "when" He knew her...he knew her...per Scripture...period...
A woman, including Mary, does not remain a virgin after she has intercourse...in this case it was with her husband..
"Catholics will not face the truth that Mary remained not a virgin"

that's cuz if they did face it, then mary couldn't be the divine queen mother of heaven and they'd just as soon die by burning (or burn others) before they'd cease worshipping their goddess!
Clay

United States

#476033 Sep 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>she was JUST a surrogate mom, a vessel that was used by God. nothing more. to bad that you catholics have been lied to and make her more than what she was.
I'm glad you said that and not me
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#476034 Sep 12, 2013
I have yet to hear a voice or any words from God that what I post on this forum is incorrect.

I have yet to see a giant foot come out of the clouds and squash me.

Is my time coming, or am I just giving my opinion on this forum just like everyone else and the only ones listening are the posters.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#476035 Sep 12, 2013
The new secretary of state of the vatican says........its time to let priests marry.

http://www.nhnewsnetwork610.com/articles/nati...

Most roman catholics agree! except for the small group of staunch catholics.

One small step for man. One giant leap for mankind.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#476036 Sep 12, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Michael,what happened to June? Oh you are going to take her place once again? Well that's good.
You assume too much about God Michael,especially for someone who claims he does not believe in Him anymore.
If a Scientist has a formula that he alone created or discovered,and he alone has a patent,I doubt that no matter how many other scientists show up to claim they created or discovered the same formula,they will be able to steal the true rendition or original from the Scientist who discovered it!
You must think God is an Idiot,He created the heavens and the earth,all the planets,He created all that is seen and unseen,and ONLY HE can be given the full credit for what He did.You think that everyone has all the right stuff together to piece the God of their understanding? You claim we all argue and that our argument destroys this fragile world,but the truth is,the misconception and the lies of who and what God is destroys whole nations,Not God,nor His willingness to meet with all of us,to reveal His true character of Love.To give us Hope to look forward to His plan to restore life and order.Faith calls out to Him to act and to give us what we need the most to help not just ourselves but everyone around us.
Michael you go on and on about trying to undermine faith,and at the same time you attack us claiming we dissect God.
And where do you stand in all of this? You must have quite a bit to tell the Creator yourself,I suggest you try it sometime,and stick with it for more than one minute,hour,or day,or even a week!
Pad says.......Michael,what happened to June? Oh you are going to take her place once again? Well that's good.

Michael says......Why do you answer your own questions?

ps ...I am not attacking anyone. I give my opinion just as you and everyone else does. If one of us had the absolute truth, we wouldn't have sides on this issue to choose from.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#476037 Sep 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. If You were Saved, you would know what the "drawing' Power is. and you wouldn't have to ask.
atemcowboy says......No Christian has to wonder, they KNOW.

Michael says......WOW! by chance being born into a christian family gives you a leg up on everyone else who isn't. How lucky are you.

If you are saved, God would have told you by now. Nothing yet eh?

Location hidden

#476038 Sep 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you said that and not me
I am not afraid to be truthful, unlike your catholic leaders.

Location hidden

#476039 Sep 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston
Peace
Could you be a bit more expository on this? Are you saying that there is God the Father, God the Holy Ghost, God the Spirit of Christ, and God is Jesus?
Don't get mad! I just want to hear how you tie this all together....
Peace
try reading the Bible and leave your other junk alone and you would be able to keep up with me. Romans 8:9
Human Being

Iowa, LA

#476040 Sep 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. If You were Saved, you would know what the "drawing' Power is. and you wouldn't have to ask.
Preston

Peace

I have my perceptions as to the drawing power of God, I was just seeing if you could elucidate a bit. I guess you can't.

See you past the third heaven.(smiles)

Peace
Clay

United States

#476042 Sep 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>she was JUST a surrogate mom, a vessel that was used by God. nothing more. to bad that you catholics have been lied to and make her more than what she was.
I'm going to assume you think the Ark of the Covenant ended up as a coffee table somewhere, then sold at a garage sale. It wasn't Holy to the Jews, it was just a silly container that was eventually disposed of after it served its purpose?

Albuquerque, NM

#476043 Sep 12, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....they would think that, but NEVER say it out loud.
seriously, no one knows what is going to happen after we take our last breaths. I have kept all options open, if Jesus does appear, then I will be doing some fast talking. Its never too late!
Always remember the finer points.....
- the "thief" wasn't saved through baptism.
- Jesus didn't require the "thief" to do any Sacraments in order to achieve that "place with my Father".
- it has nothing to do with any certain religious belief.
Human Being

Iowa, LA

#476044 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS SAID
Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
confronting with the word:

Peace

Yes. This is the verse. I was wondering though the word, "draw", has two "flavors" to it.

So I wanted to bring out the richer meaning of the word in greek, "helkuo"....We tend to think of it in a more poetic sense, as in drawing water from a well. This is of course true. But there is also a much rougher sense of the word, and that would be, to be dragged.

So in a sense this rather simple verse you have given has a very complex meaning with the word "helkuo" in it....

It is nice to contemplate this verse.....

Peace

Albuquerque, NM

#476045 Sep 12, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
So! Do catholics just carry on or do they embrace the Pope's statement?
If Catholics believe the Pope is Gods representative on earth, its obvious catholics are in a catch 22.
It is quite the conundrum to go from believing that one is "part of the true church", and then receive a new belief - to believe that non-believers will make it too heaven just like believers.

Let the awakening begin!!

WHEW-WHEW!! Here we go - and it is going to be a wonderful ride. You best hold onto your hat - because it will get bumpy!

:o)

Location hidden

#476046 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS SAID
I find it very disturbing that even Christians, let alone catholics cant seem to understand that something Happened in that Upper Room to those believers.

A Spiritual Experience that was Given to those Believers who had already Given their life to Christ ,Before this event.

Proof positive that people like Marge who has been told that you receive the Filling of the Holy Ghost when you first believe,

ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Forgiveness of Sin and Salvation occur at your Initial Walk with God, but if you wish and you want, there is more for a person, who will seek the Holy Ghost. as they did.

And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

With Obedience comes the Blessing. and they obeyed and they received.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tantingco: The Kapampangan Cardinal (Mar '13) 3 hr ELIAS IBARRA 6
News Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... (Sep '14) 4 hr ELIAS IBARRA 54
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 7 hr pazuzu 65
Memeber 13 hr desm 1
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Thu Salvation is of t... 6
News Pope Francis: Marriage is 'alliance for life' Thu ELIAS IBARRA 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Mr Sir 9,403
More from around the web