Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,127
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#476009 Sep 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe that Mary was filled with the Holy Spirit and is an exemplar for us.
You believe same of yourselves and/or your ministers.
I agree that she was filled with the Holy Ghost as the Bible says that she was there in the Upper Room on the Day of Pentecost, when the Holy Ghost filled ALL of the believers including the Brothers of Jesus.

But I don't agree that All Ministers are filled with the Holy Ghost. there are many that have never Experienced that Spiritual Blessing from God.

unlike marge, I know that this doesn't occur at the time of Salvation, when at that time, a person receives the Spirit of Christ.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#476010 Sep 12, 2013
Satan's "game" with the people at the top, bottom and in-between - the triangle/pyramid:

http://wordth3.blogspot.com/search...

More on Satan's Triangle/Pyramid

http://www.shiftfrequency.com/empire-of-the-c...

And NSA is their "all seeing eye"....
youtubeNews

AOL

#476011 Sep 12, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

Location hidden

#476012 Sep 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that she was filled with the Holy Ghost as the Bible says that she was there in the Upper Room on the Day of Pentecost, when the Holy Ghost filled ALL of the believers including the Brothers of Jesus.
But I don't agree that All Ministers are filled with the Holy Ghost. there are many that have never Experienced that Spiritual Blessing from God.
unlike marge, I know that this doesn't occur at the time of Salvation, when at that time, a person receives the Spirit of Christ.
the Born Again Experience .

DRAWING OF THE HOLY GHOST TO JESUS, AND THEN THROUGH JESUS TO HIS FATHER.

VERY SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND.

AND THAT IS THE ONLY WAY.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#476013 Sep 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>"The greatest love for scripture"?How about love for man.You can not force people into your faith as your church has tried to do in its past history.
The Catholic Church does not "force people" into the Church to become Catholic.......New Converts to the Catholic Faith are leaving their bible only Protestant Churches by the thousands, and are "freely" coming to the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH in Jesus Christ (in and through) HIS (historically and biblically PROVEN) One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. The Catholic Church continues to be the ONLY CHURCH that grows "each and every year" by 1.5% per year and their is "good reason"! The TRUTH of the TRUE FAITH continues to "teach the TRUTH" as it has for over 2000 years since Jesus HIMSELF initiated and established HIS One True Catholic Church!!
Clay

United States

#476014 Sep 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that she was filled with the Holy Ghost as the Bible says that she was there in the Upper Room on the Day of Pentecost, when the Holy Ghost filled ALL of the believers including the Brothers of Jesus.
The problem is you guys give more respect towards a gold chest that brought the word of God to us than you do the woman who brought forth the word of God made flesh, Jesus Christ.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#476015 Sep 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
"What is the definition of idolatry?"
Answer: The definition of idolatry, according to Webster, is “the worship of idols or excessive devotion to, or reverence for some person or thing.” An idol is anything that replaces the one, true God. The most prevalent form of idolatry in Bible times was the worship of images that were thought to embody the various pagan deities.
From the beginning, God’s covenant with Israel was based on exclusive worship of Him alone (Exodus 20:3; Deuteronomy 5:7). The Israelites were not even to mention the names of false gods (Exodus 23:13) because to do so would acknowledge their existence and give credence to their power and influence over the people. Israel was forbidden to intermarry with other cultures who embraced false gods, because God knew this would lead to compromise. The book of Hosea uses the imagery of adultery to describe Israel’s continual chasing after other gods, like an unfaithful wife chases after other men. The history of Israel is a sad chronicle of idol worship, punishment, restoration and forgiveness, followed by a return to idolatry. The books of 1 & 2 Samuel, 1 & 2 Kings, and 1 & 2 Chronicles reveal this destructive pattern. The Old Testament prophets endlessly prophesied dire consequences for Israel if they continued in their idolatry. Mostly, they were ignored until it was too late and God’s wrath against idol-worship was poured out on the nation. But ours is a merciful God, and He never failed to forgive and restore them when they repented and sought His forgiveness.
In reality, idols are impotent blocks of stone or wood, and their power exists only in the minds of the worshipers. The idol of the god Dagon was twice knocked to the floor by God to show the Philistines just who was God and who wasn’t (1 Samuel 5:1-5). The “contest” between God and His prophet Elijah and the 450 prophets of Baal on Mount Carmel is a dramatic example of the power of the true God and the impotence of false gods (1 Kings 18:19-40). The testimony of Scripture is that God alone is worthy of worship. Idol worship robs God of the glory that is rightfully His, and that is something He will not tolerate (Isaiah 42:8).
Even today there are religions that bow before statues and icons, a practice forbidden by God’s Word. The significance God places upon it is reflected in the fact that the first of the Ten Commandments refers to idolatry:“You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me”(Exodus 20:3-5).
Idolatry extends beyond the worship of idols and images and false gods. Our modern idols are many and varied. Even for those who do not bow physically before a statue, idolatry is a matter of the heart—pride, self-centeredness, greed, gluttony, a love for possessions and ultimately rebellion against God. Is it any wonder that God hates it?
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/idolatry-definiti...
In a nutshell - if you are Jewish, it would mean something.

Since you are not, it really is irrelevant.
Human Being

Iowa, LA

#476016 Sep 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Preston

Peace

Could you be a bit more expository on this? Are you saying that there is God the Father, God the Holy Ghost, God the Spirit of Christ, and God is Jesus?

Don't get mad! I just want to hear how you tie this all together....

Peace

Albuquerque, NM

#476017 Sep 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Words of true wisdom for many so-called "Christians".

Self.

Thanks for posting - it follows along with what the Pope wrote about yesterday.

Thanks! I wonder how many people will actually take the time to contemplate their own behaviors and thoughts.

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You continue to contradict yourself,
How so? Since you only claim I do, you will have to post the contradiction(s) you say I am doing.

You do have these details, right? Please post the link(s) that you actually will be referencing.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I imagine that the book or scroll that holds the statement"To know yourself is to know the Kingdom of God."(Jesus) is inspired by God?

Okay. It is.

What now?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you want me to deny that the Holy Scriptures are not inspired by God,but just a collection of men's thoughts from their minds?
Stop lying. I never stated this. But you are correct, they are nothing but thoughts from men.

I asked you and your ilk where "God" specifically states which books/texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not.

Your team is trying to claim what is only in the Bible is inspired. I disagree. I think all texts are.

This is what I am stating. Your version twists it to a point that my point loses its meaning.

It appears you are trying to be misleading, Pad. Why?

Don't you believe "God" inspires everyone - or is it just a handful of characters from 1800+ years ago?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#476018 Sep 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
None needed as to the claim of "we left as the RC was corrupt".
If one reads up on protestant theology and history (even in a cursory manner), the common denominator is simply this-one guy interprets scripture his own way, gets people to follow him, and there's your denomination. Without fail, every single denomination in Protestantism (starting with Luther) follows this script.
No matter what denomination you look at, you get the one guy at the beginning who started it with his personal take on scripture.
There ya have it...Constantine comes ta mind...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#476019 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do you point out flaws in your religion, when you can't even admit that you believe in all of what Jesus taught?
~~~

Ole rerun ...

Show us by example that you live what Jesus taught...

Get out of THE NEW AGE CULT,,THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS...

SHOW US ....

Col 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing,

being fruitful in every good work, and

increasing in the knowledge of God;

Col 1:11 Strengthened with all might,

according to his glorious power,

unto all patience and longsuffering

with joyfulness;

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father,

which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

PROVE THAT

YOU ARE ONE THAT HAS BEEN DELIVERED FROM THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS

Col_1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

AND

1Ti 4:12 ..... be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

Albuquerque, NM

#476020 Sep 12, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't wait until we get to heaven to see the disappointment in the eyes of Anthony, Hojo, Clay, ReginaM and the others that we made it too!
Their life-long anticipation of personal happiness, joy and bliss will come to a screeching halt when they find that heaven will be much more crowded than they thought........thanks to Pope Francis for clarifying the truth.
Yes, that Pope Francis is a wise old man....
They'll be looking at you and saying, "Damn - he was right!"

;o)

Albuquerque, NM

#476021 Sep 12, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>"Get behind me Satan!"
Are you talking to someone in your roomwhen you type?

Because I am for sure not anyone named "Satan".

In fact - this si the exact fear you so-called "Christians" have - fear that you are wrong in your belief, and just can't fathom being wrong.

And look where that leads you.....to insulting others.

*sighs*

It must've been something I said, huh?
Human Being

Iowa, LA

#476022 Sep 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Born Again Experience .
DRAWING OF THE HOLY GHOST TO JESUS, AND THEN THROUGH JESUS TO HIS FATHER.
VERY SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND.
AND THAT IS THE ONLY WAY.
Preston

Peace

This "DRAWING" you are writing about.... What is being "drawn"? How is it "drawn". Where is it "drawn"? Can you be specific?

I ask, because, someone's attention, emotion, and body can be drawn in different ways through different means and different ends.

Peace

Albuquerque, NM

#476023 Sep 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope didn't plow new ground here.
This isn't a new teaching.
Bummer for you though, with the Pope being "infallible" and you "believe the Pope teaches infallibility", it appears that you have a new belief that just showed up as of yesterday....

You get to now beleive that Atheists and non-believers get to go to heaven and witness "God's" mercy too.

:o)

I wonder how you are going to handle this? Accepting I hope.

"This isn't a new teaching."
- I've been telling you this for years. Finally the Pope can justify my words. Thank you Pope Francis.

Albuquerque, NM

#476024 Sep 12, 2013
Michael wrote:

I can't wait until we get to heaven to see the disappointment in the eyes of Anthony, Hojo, Clay, ReginaM and the others that we made it too!
Their life-long anticipation of personal happiness, joy and bliss will come to a screeching halt when they find that heaven will be much more crowded than they thought........thanks to Pope Francis for clarifying the truth.
Yes, that Pope Francis is a wise old man....
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope didn't plow new ground here.
This isn't a new teaching.
Hey Mike - isn;t it fun to watch Dan back-peddle?

I've stated that "this teaching" has been around for millenia - he continuously refutes my statements, and now he says that it's been around for years.

Well we know Jesus teaches it highly, and he refutes it, I wonder if he will continnue to refute it when I say it now - using the Pope as my reference?

These Catholics really don't know what they are doing.

"For they know not what they do." - Jesus

Location hidden

#476025 Sep 12, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is you guys give more respect towards a gold chest that brought the word of God to us than you do the woman who brought forth the word of God made flesh, Jesus Christ.
she was JUST a surrogate mom, a vessel that was used by God. nothing more. to bad that you catholics have been lied to and make her more than what she was.

Albuquerque, NM

#476026 Sep 12, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Michael I suggest you at least go half way and become a student of NASL.He has the Self all figured out!
You would too, that is if you believe in Jesus.

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#476027 Sep 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Ole rerun ...
Show us by example that you live what Jesus taught...
Get out of THE NEW AGE CULT,,THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS...
SHOW US ....
Col 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing,
being fruitful in every good work, and
increasing in the knowledge of God;
Col 1:11 Strengthened with all might,
according to his glorious power,
unto all patience and longsuffering
with joyfulness;
Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father,
which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
PROVE THAT
YOU ARE ONE THAT HAS BEEN DELIVERED FROM THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS
Col_1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
AND
1Ti 4:12 ..... be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
There you go again....insisting taht I live by what Jesus taught, as I already do, but yet you post everyone BESIDES Jesus to promote it.

You are confused. Too much wine can cause dizziness and delusion, huh?

Why don't you first do what you are asking me to do?- "Show us by example that you live what Jesus taught"

a. I've post just one teaching by Jesus, that I know you haven't done. And I can post others.

Don't be stupid GiF, you really aren't that special, but only in your own eyes. That would be arrogance and ego.

Get over yourself.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#476028 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
They'll be looking at you and saying, "Damn - he was right!"
;o)
....they would think that, but NEVER say it out loud.

seriously, no one knows what is going to happen after we take our last breaths. I have kept all options open, if Jesus does appear, then I will be doing some fast talking. Its never too late!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Jesus saves 8,717
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Tue Jeff Brightone 1
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Tue USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Tue woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web