Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,648
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475790 Sep 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>AGAIN you fail to see the obvious!The Madonna for one is also depicted in Goddess worship of Isis,Asteroth and so on. The myriad of goddesses that were worshiped for centuries all had madonnas.One of the main goddesses of Rome was a goddess who was a virgin and had a child,Adora. Women would flock to homes where her statue was present to plead to her for fertility blessings,so that they could have children without complications.
The very fact that the pagan religions and so on all used these images and that those images were worshiped angered God.His people would not do that,He decreed,they would not have anything to do with it.But when the Israelis or Jews fell and went after other gods,they put images into their homes. Jewish women wore medals of the goddesses of fertility without complications.
God knew what they were doing,so He punished them continuously.So this same God who punished His people severely for having such inspired His people to reject that which came out of their neighboring nations.SEE IT Clay? The idols had no ears to hear,no eyes to see,could they be a threat to God? Are statues today a threat to Him? NO,but when we break God's commandments that is a threat to HIM. Get to the nitty-gritty on this Clay.
I am telling you that God hates images carved and made to repesent HimHis Son and His handmaiden,because the false religions of the earth did that,and He does not want His people to mimic or have anything similar to the religions HE did NOT A u t h o r!
The Jews are His Elect,whether they today are not living for Him is immaterial to that,They are His Elect,and He will fulfill all HE has ordained in and through them,riht to the end of the age.Jesus is their Messiah!And He is ours to the glory of the Father.
"I am telling you that God hates images carved and made to repesent HimHis Son and His handmaiden,because the false religions of the earth did that,and He does not want His people to mimic or have anything similar to the religions HE did NOT A u t h o r!"

Please cite how you are privy to the mind of God.

Thanks.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#475791 Sep 11, 2013
LTM wrote:
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
This Evening's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon
----------
"Lead me, O Lord, in Thy righteousness because of mine enemies."—Psalms 5:8.
ERY bitter is the enmity of the world against the people of Christ. Men will forgive a thousand faults in others, but they will magnify the most trivial offence in the followers of Jesus. Instead of vainly regretting this, let us turn it to account, and since so many are watching for our halting, let this be a special motive for walking very carefully before God. If we live carelessly, the lynx-eyed world will soon see it, and with its hundred tongues, it will spread the story, exaggerated and emblazoned by the zeal of slander. They will shout triumphantly. "Aha! So would we have it! See how these Christians act! They are hypocrites to a man." Thus will much damage be done to the cause of Christ, and much insult offered to His name. The cross of Christ is in itself an offence to the world; let us take heed that we add no offence of our own. It is "to the Jews a stumblingblock": let us mind that we put no stumblingblocks where there are enough already. "To the Greeks it is foolishness": let us not add our folly to give point to the scorn with which the worldly-wise deride the gospel. How jealous should we be of ourselves! How rigid with our consciences! In the presence of adversaries who will misrepresent our best deeds, and impugn our motives where they cannot censure our actions, how circumspect should we be! Pilgrims travel as suspected persons through Vanity Fair. Not only are we under surveillance, but there are more spies than we reck of. The espionage is everywhere, at home and abroad. If we fall into the enemies' hands we may sooner expect generosity from a wolf, or mercy from a fiend, than anything like patience with our infirmities from men who spice their infidelity towards God with scandals against His people. O Lord, lead us ever, lest our enemies trip us up!
And it is,much worse,on here,..

Any Christian on secular threads,is,really looked at for fault .

Even someone looking here sees,how,we argue among ourselves,.

It's,a sad state,.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#475792 Sep 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Actually nothing of itself is evil.A statue made of clay,and all the pictures,sculptured creations and whatnot.Nothing in its form of being made from the elements of the earth are evil in and of itself.
But God told us not to do so of His Faith and His Way,and His life for us.We are not to be like the pagans,or the false religions of the eart.NOT that those people are e v i l,and that we should hate them,or look down on anyone. But God decreed that we should have nothing in similar fashion to them,nor do th things they do,because Robert and Dan if you are reading this, He wants apeople who are completely different unto Him.AS His kingdom is not of this world.
There is no doubt that the Lord overlooks much that we all do,or else there probably would be nothing left of us perhaps.BUT in His Grae and Sovereign Love,He looks at the heart and sees the true intents of what comes to Him by faith.
Dan questioned why I claim it is disobedience? It is disobedience,because God did not want His peple to have images of any kind,and the reasons: One He is God,and two,we are part of His kingdom,and it is not of this world,which excludes the practices of the pagans,and false religions.It is that simple! You can come up with every human reasoning as to why we should have this or that,and Full circle you Robert,and Dan have to face the Lord God Himself,as to what He commanded,not what man does.
What men and women do to honor and show their devotion to God does not always meet the realm of what God would receive,not that He is not full of compassion,but that of what He wnts,as opposed to what we think He wants from us. You know this in your life with yourwife(spouse). Even though you have been married to her for some time,how often have you bought something for her that at times she will reveal to you that she hated it or disliked it?
Religion is the human approach to God. We are believers, sanctified by Christ's precious Blood,we were sought out by Him,and God chose how He should be honored through that wondrous sacrifice of His dear Son.Our roots are Judaism,because the Hebrews were God's ELECT! Not the Buddhists,or Hindus and so on.And NOT that God hates them,but HE chose to work His true faith through the Jews than to us believers of the WAY,which is Christ!
It all boils down to who God is and His Will.How often did our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ tell us that we must do the "WILL of MY Father in Heaven"?
How is it that you know intimately what "God" can or cannot do?

You should write a gospel with all of this information.

Do you think it will be classified as inspired or uninspired?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475793 Sep 11, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a stupid question. You only say that because you can't answer it. You know we aren't taught that, and you're in a corner now.
If we believe what you say we believe, why would I fear your reaction to it?
I don't care that I hold differing beliefs with you about the Eucharist, about Mary, about confession, about baptism, etc. I'm not concerned about what you think about them or that you'd react negatively to it.
The commandment is to not worship any save God. Don't make idols. You keep glossing that over. Why? Again, you likely wear a cross, your pastor likely does, and your place of worship likely has at least one displayed.
I am not in any corner,because I am not bound to the canon of your church Dan.You are! God hated the statues and carved images of all the neighboring nations of Israel,and He hates anything that resembles the false religions.

I do not wear a cross,I did,and never gave it a thought,besides an empty cross has no image.But that could be another argument.The point I make and will not most likely flounder from is that the whole industry or manufacture of statues and carved images in the CC are a direct disobedience to the God of Israel,who is still the Same God He was to them,and has not changed one iota.Jesus is not that changing element in the Father,the Father did not make a mistake and now Christians can have their statues as long as they try to resemble Jesus,who was never described,nor His mother,nor Joseph and so on.Any statue,carving,or picture for that matter does not show the true accurate person of who the CC is trying to represent in those created by their hand!

That is another discussion.Did it ever occur to you that God did not want anything c r e a t e d by men to represent God or that which is in heaven,because by fault men would not be able to perfectly create,as God would if He did the same? God never handed to His people a picture of Himself,did He not have the technology in heaven?

God never handed to His people the Elect(Hebrews,Jews)a statue of Himself so that they could remind themselves that He existed!Look what happened to the Jews when Moses spent too much time on the Mount Sinai.They did not have an image of God,and they needed an image of a god,from Egypt, to help them to go back,rather than to be left without a leader as MOSES was to them.

Now if Moses gave them an image of God,do you think they would have been better off?And would have waited more patiently for Moses to return? Aaron even fell under the weight of disbelief,as the people could not see God in the Spirit,who in fact was leading them with Moses.A tornado as it were by day,and a pillar of fire by night,but they still wanted an image.

God never in all the History of the Jewish people gives them an image of Himself,and yet we Christians think that Jesus gave us statues of Himself and His mother to constantly remind us that He is with us? God is Spirit,and Jesus is never described in detail,nor His mother for that matter.And we must have images of them,for what?Why are we Christians any different than our forefathers in faith the JEWS?

Albuquerque, NM

#475794 Sep 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Men wrote every Book of the Bible.
Lookie here - you've taken your first step to being honest.

Good for you.

Now - what is next?

Albuquerque, NM

#475795 Sep 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I've answered this question. In fact, I've agreed with you. God, Jesus, nor His Apostles never commanded a Bible be compiled, less alone which Books were to be inspired.
* The Bible is the result of sacred tradition.
* The Christian Bible is from the Catholic Church.
* Jews did not have a set canon of Books until the 1st century. Until this, various Jewish sects had different Books they considered inspired.(see the Dead Sea Scrolls)
Good.

Which makes my opinion of Christianity just as valid and accurate in its points.

a. Men believing men.
b. There are no "God inspired" texts, or they all are.

Thanks for responding.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#475796 Sep 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>No doubt with our modern technology we can view the Lord when He returns and so on.The image I am speaking about are the statues graven in scope before God.Which to Him was disdained because of the surrounding nations that plagued Israel,the APPLE of His eye. There was never a decree from God that the manufacture of images,carved,kilmed and so on would be allowed just because His Son is a Human Being.
I do not see Jesus changing the commandments of His Father.Nor do I see Clay, THE APOSTLES changing them either. For daily the Apostles visited the synagogues to continue to share in the Jewish feasts and to keep the Law,and the reading of the Torah in their hearts.Nothing changed from God's perspective of what He gave to Moses,and Jesus came to fulfill that.Which means He did not change one iota of the Torah,but He is the LOVING fulfillment of the Torah,in HIM is the heart beat of the Father to the people of God,the ELECT!
Now if the Jews rejected that,it is upon their heads,but what came to the gentiles from the Apostles was the truth that was fulfilled in both the Torah,and through Christ.The gentiles were from idol-worshiping religions,I do not think Clay, that Jesus introduced to them a myriad of statues and carved images to replace the idols!
If the CC did it,that does not mean JESUS did it.That is more than ridiculous,and alien to the KINGDOM of the Father.You will no doubt be pleased to see the statues of your church,and I cannot fault you on that,but be assured that it is the CC who gave that to you not the LORD God,In His Son Yeshua,within the framework of the Torah,Tanach,the Prophets and the New Covenant of the Apostles!
The Bible is a Jewish Book it is not Catholic! Our roots are Judaism not Catholicism.Our Lord was a Jew,His mother a Jewish maiden,His step-father Joseph a Jewish carpenter. All the Apostles were Jews.Luke was a gentile physician.The foundation of our faith is rooted and steeped in Judaism which is the Elect of God.Nothing has changed in regard to His Commandments,they still exist and tower over the whole of our benediction to the truth of the God of Israel.
I'd appreciate it if you could find some time to run up to my neck of the woods with your Louisville Slugger and take care of all the really bad plastic Nativity creches sitting in my protestant neighbors yards around the end of March.

Albuquerque, NM

#475797 Sep 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I've answered this question. In fact, I've agreed with you. God, Jesus, nor His Apostles never commanded a Bible be compiled, less alone which Books were to be inspired.
* The Bible is the result of sacred tradition.
* The Christian Bible is from the Catholic Church.
* Jews did not have a set canon of Books until the 1st century. Until this, various Jewish sects had different Books they considered inspired.(see the Dead Sea Scrolls)
BTW Clay - you are no longer a Catholic, because you refute your church's teaching.

How does this feel?

Albuquerque, NM

#475798 Sep 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Questions when answered would prove the undeniable truth...so you duck...
...just like you do.

Hmmm....

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#475799 Sep 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>AGAIN you fail to see the obvious!The Madonna for one is also depicted in Goddess worship of Isis,Asteroth and so on. The myriad of goddesses that were worshiped for centuries all had madonnas.One of the main goddesses of Rome was a goddess who was a virgin and had a child,Adora. Women would flock to homes where her statue was present to plead to her for fertility blessings,so that they could have children without complications.
The very fact that the pagan religions and so on all used these images and that those images were worshiped angered God.His people would not do that,He decreed,they would not have anything to do with it.But when the Israelis or Jews fell and went after other gods,they put images into their homes. Jewish women wore medals of the goddesses of fertility without complications.
You do realize that those pagan religions predated christianity's Madonna, some by thousands of years.

Did it ever occur to you that the story Messiah born of a virgin birth and that this savior would be killed and rise from the dead was just stolen from the Egyptians. The screen writers set the new story in Bethlehem and Jerusalem? after all religion is a big business and that a new religion depends on converts. What better way to steal an audience from one religion to another than to have similar stories and gods. Makes the new marks, er I mean flock more comfortable
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
I am telling you that God hates images carved and made to repesent HimHis Son and His handmaiden,because the false religions of the earth did that,and He does not want His people to mimic or have anything similar to the religions HE did NOT A u t h o r!
sounds like Islam to me
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews are His Elect,whether they today are not living for Him is immaterial to that,They are His Elect,and He will fulfill all HE has ordained in and through them,riht to the end of the age.Jesus is their Messiah!And He is ours to the glory of the Father.
so then what you are saying is that your loving god has condemned billions of people to an eternity of he!! because they were never exposed to either Judaism or Christianity because of where and when you god chose to have them born
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#475800 Sep 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am not in any corner,because I am not bound to the canon of your church Dan.You are! God hated the statues and carved images of all the neighboring nations of Israel,and He hates anything that resembles the false religions.
I do not wear a cross,I did,and never gave it a thought,besides an empty cross has no image.But that could be another argument.The point I make and will not most likely flounder from is that the whole industry or manufacture of statues and carved images in the CC are a direct disobedience to the God of Israel,who is still the Same God He was to them,and has not changed one iota.Jesus is not that changing element in the Father,the Father did not make a mistake and now Christians can have their statues as long as they try to resemble Jesus,who was never described,nor His mother,nor Joseph and so on.Any statue,carving,or picture for that matter does not show the true accurate person of who the CC is trying to represent in those created by their hand!
That is another discussion.Did it ever occur to you that God did not want anything c r e a t e d by men to represent God or that which is in heaven,because by fault men would not be able to perfectly create,as God would if He did the same? God never handed to His people a picture of Himself,did He not have the technology in heaven?
God never handed to His people the Elect(Hebrews,Jews)a statue of Himself so that they could remind themselves that He existed!Look what happened to the Jews when Moses spent too much time on the Mount Sinai.They did not have an image of God,and they needed an image of a god,from Egypt, to help them to go back,rather than to be left without a leader as MOSES was to them.
Now if Moses gave them an image of God,do you think they would have been better off?And would have waited more patiently for Moses to return? Aaron even fell under the weight of disbelief,as the people could not see God in the Spirit,who in fact was leading them with Moses.A tornado as it were by day,and a pillar of fire by night,but they still wanted an image.
God never in all the History of the Jewish people gives them an image of Himself,and yet we Christians think that Jesus gave us statues of Himself and His mother to constantly remind us that He is with us? God is Spirit,and Jesus is never described in detail,nor His mother for that matter.And we must have images of them,for what?Why are we Christians any different than our forefathers in faith the JEWS?
The Greek word for pictura is zoographia, that is,“living writing.”

Pad

Rockford, IL

#475801 Sep 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What Bible are you talking about? Mine is a Catholic Book. It was the Catholic Church that decided on the canon of my Bible and most of yours.
We are not to worship statues. Having a statue is not against the commandment. I don't know if you are purposely trying to antagonize us like Ox, or if you sincerely believe what you are saying. There is a point in this game where its best to throw in the towel. Your words can stand against God one day and so will mine. I think i've given you enough testimony of how ridiculous it is to falsely accuse me over and over and over again. You say I am wrong, i worship statues. nuff said.
I never said you worship statues Clay.I said and say it again,your church the CC is in disobedience to God our Father,because of the manufacture of the statues,and carved images that were and always will be disdained by the God of Heaven.

If the Early Apostles gave rules to the early Christians to avoid anything to do with idols,I do not see them giving to the Christians the license to fabricate or create or make statues to depict Jesus,Mary and other saints including the Apostles.

You are part of a system that has done this for centuries,I am not accusing you personally of anything.I am stating for the record that those statues you take for granted are part of a false belief,and not that of the God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob.The First Commandment is loud and clear,and the CC is in disobedience.

And that is not because the CC believes you should worship them,but that the manufacture of them is in direct disobedience to the Father!

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#475802 Sep 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I only converse with you because you're not being truthful. I wish you didn't come on here and learn the truth about the Catholic Church. You would have been better off standing before God if you sincerely didn't know. But now you know.
The Protestants changed the word of God. They introduced things that were foreign to all of Christendom for 1600 yrs. The snowball effect is still growing too. I think people are starting to really see this. Sincere Christians are comin back to the CC.(not that they didn't experience Jesus before) but the truth is the truth, and they'll experience Christ within His only Church in a more profound way.
I also believe that those of you who found out about the lies of your particular sects, but decided to carry on anyway; spreading slander about the Catholic Church are in deep doodoo.
2tim 4:3 for the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears
I get the slander comment ..though posting about written history ..ie
Your Borgia,POPE is not slander .

But if in fact the RCC did put together the WORKS OF THE APOSTLES

..THE GOSPELS ..THE EPISTLES OF PAUL.
ALONG WITH THE JEWISH TESTAMENT..

IF THE RCC did not make them up in a basement ..then they are the INSPIRED words,of God written by men ..

Not the world of the RCC .as you implied in another post

.But of God .CORRECT???

Or are they false ?

If they are true ..then believing what they say cannot be wrong as you seem to say we are ..

We do know the truth about our Lord And Saviour Jesus,Christ ...his,death ..His taking our Sin for us to the Cross ..his Resurrection ..

How belief in Him as,Saviuit and Lords brings us,eternal life as it says in John's,Gospel ..

Unless like some poster said ..John did not write it ..Did a,monk write it Clay ..a Pope ..or is it true .

I believe it to be the TRUE inspired Gospel ..But you say they came from the RCC..they may have put them together ..And thankfully preserved them .

But unless that pope or monk wrote them ..they belong to God's people not the RCC.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#475803 Sep 11, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that those pagan religions predated christianity's Madonna, some by thousands of years.
Did it ever occur to you that the story Messiah born of a virgin birth and that this savior would be killed and rise from the dead was just stolen from the Egyptians. The screen writers set the new story in Bethlehem and Jerusalem? after all religion is a big business and that a new religion depends on converts. What better way to steal an audience from one religion to another than to have similar stories and gods. Makes the new marks, er I mean flock more comfortable
<quoted text>
sounds like Islam to me
<quoted text>
so then what you are saying is that your loving god has condemned billions of people to an eternity of he!! because they were never exposed to either Judaism or Christianity because of where and when you god chose to have them born
People will be judged by what they know
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#475804 Sep 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I never said you worship statues Clay.I said and say it again,your church the CC is in disobedience to God our Father,because of the manufacture of the statues,and carved images that were and always will be disdained by the God of Heaven.
If the Early Apostles gave rules to the early Christians to avoid anything to do with idols,I do not see them giving to the Christians the license to fabricate or create or make statues to depict Jesus,Mary and other saints including the Apostles.
You are part of a system that has done this for centuries,I am not accusing you personally of anything.I am stating for the record that those statues you take for granted are part of a false belief,and not that of the God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob.The First Commandment is loud and clear,and the CC is in disobedience.
And that is not because the CC believes you should worship them,but that the manufacture of them is in direct disobedience to the Father!
Wrong, and you know it. God forbade the making of such because they were being worshipped in His place. If it were not so, any image you have in your home, carved or painted would be a violation. And the early Church knew this as well because immediately following the edict representations of Christ, the apostles and Mary became wide-spread. During the persecution you'd only find them in the catacombs.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#475805 Sep 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd appreciate it if you could find some time to run up to my neck of the woods with your Louisville Slugger and take care of all the really bad plastic Nativity creches sitting in my protestant neighbors yards around the end of March.
I get that ..

Just a question what is crowning a,statue of Mary each May .
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475806 Sep 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am not in any corner,because I am not bound to the canon of your church Dan.You are! God hated the statues and carved images of all the neighboring nations of Israel,and He hates anything that resembles the false religions.
A cross is a graven image or likeness of something that exists on earth, thus, according to you, God "hates" it.

God also, apparently, "hates" birdbaths and decorative water fountains, by your logic.

"Why are we Christians any different than our forefathers in faith the JEWS?"

Um, because we worship Christ as the messiah. Jews do not. There's one difference.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475807 Sep 11, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I get that ..
Just a question what is crowning a,statue of Mary each May .
Here.

http://catholicism.about.com/b/2013/05/02/may...

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#475809 Sep 11, 2013
DEAREST FATHER GOD

we come yo you today in REMEMBRANCE ..of a horrid s t of hatred that affected so many people .

We ask you to remember those who died ..to comfort their friends and families .

To bless the first responders ..some of whom are ill from their efforts .

We pray for healing in the world so that this hatred
Can end .

May we all live in Peace .

In Jesus name . AMEN

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

I still cannot watch this without crying ..

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#475810 Sep 11, 2013
Dan wrote:
Dan I phrased that badly ..I know,WHAT IT IS ..I was in sodality blue capes and all ..

I mean to the world this crowning of the statue appears as idolatry .

Did not the apostles warn of acts that can be construed as sins by non believers ...

For myself I still go in Catholic church at times ..yo the station's on Good Friday to remember ...as I think Churches should commemorate THST day ...

Our little CHURCH did once ..just quiet meditation ..before we merged.

But I digress ..I talk to God THEre ..Not the statues.

But as a kid ..And to outsiders ..it does appear the stat u e of Mary I'd an idol when she is crowned ..just saying

Plus countries and communities where they parade the Mary statue through the streets ...it most certainly looks like idol worship

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 1 hr Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 4 hr pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... 4 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••