10. extreme unction (last rites). This did NOT get introduced in 526 AD like your cult leaflet wishes people to believe.continued
please show.... from God's word...that these inventions are sound doctrine
ROMAN CATHOLIC INVENTIONS
1. Presbyters first called priests by Lucian 2nd c.
2. Sacerdotal mass instituted by Cyprian 3rd c.
3. Prayers for the dead A.D. 300
4. Making the sign of the cross A.D. 300
5. Wax candles A.D. 320
6. Veneration of angels, dead saints, and images A.D. 375
7. Mass became a daily ritual A.D. 394
8. Beginning of exaltation of Mary, term "Mother of God"
first applied to her by Council of Ephesus A.D. 431
9. Priests began to wear special clothing A.D. 500
10. Extreme Unction (Rite of Healing) A.D. 526
11. The doctrine of Purgatory by Gregory I A.D. 593
12. Latin used in worship A.D. 600
13. Prayers offered to Mary, dead saints and angels A.D. 600
14. First man to be proclaimed Pope (Boniface III) A.D. 610
15. Kissing the Pope's feet A.D. 709
16. Temporal power of Popes, conferred by Pepon, King of the Franks A.D. 750
17. Veneration of cross, images, relics authorized A.D. 786
18. Holy water, mixed with pinch of salt, chrism, and blessed by a priest A.D.
19. Veneration of St. Joseph A.D. 890
20. College of Cardinals begun A.D. 927
21. Baptism of bells instituted by Pope John XIII A.D. 965
22. Canonization of dead saints by Pope John XV A.D. 995
23. Fasting on Fridays and Lent
GIVE BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE PLEASE
James 5:14 "Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the Church and let them pray over him, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer of the faith will save the sick man, and the Lord will raise him up; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven"
250 AD Origen wrote that the penitent Christian "does not shrink from declaring his sin to a priest of the Lord and from seeking medicine of which the Apostle James says (see above verse)"
11. Purgatory: "Nothing unclean shall enter Heaven" Rev 21:27
Christ refers to a sinner who will "not be forgiven in this age or the age to come" Matt 12:32
What happens if we are not 'clean enough' to go straight to Heaven and be in the presence of God, but are not filthy enough to go to Hell? 1cor 3:15 Paul says, "he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but ONLY AS THROUGH THE FIRE".