Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590313 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#475769 Sep 11, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What errors and false doctrines can you cite for us? One or two will suffice.
The ignorance within Christianity and the RCC.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church does not tell us we don't have to believe the teachings of the Church. What an odd thing to say.
You are right, I am part of the so-called "Church" and I don't believe most of what the "Church" states, as they are incomplete and insufficient in expressing what Jesus taught.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475770 Sep 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Now if the CC did teach that the statues should be worshiped,it would be so much easier to pinpoint and condemn them. So actually the Church would not foster such,as they claim that they do not worship idols to begin with,why would they promote teaching their people that statues should be worshiped? Your question is really stupid,because I know better Clay.
It is the COMMAND of God to not have such in His presence,and that is disobedience,no matter what your church thinks of the statues they manufacture by the tons,world-wide.And that includes Protestant images,and so on.We all come short of His Commandments,but the CC has done this to a fault.Not that the prots are saints and blameless either.
Read my post to Robert F(Human Being).I am telling you in simple terms Clay,that God put in His commandments the decree not to have such things before Him in worship, and to do the opposite is disobedience,simple as that!So the CC could not even get past the first commandment without breaking it,take it up with the Creator.The ONE who gave those commandments to Moses!
What's your deal Pad? I don't believe for one second that you actually think we're worshiping statues. I know you don't believe this, because i can see from your posts that you are able to put words together and form sentences. Therefore you have at least a 3rd grade education.
Clearly you are purposely taking the first commandment out of context. Use your words, reason, and logic to see what God is against. ok? He's against false gods...the Golden Calf ring a bell? This makes Him jealous.

Does it make any sense to you, that God can be jealous of a statue of Mary holding the infant Jesus? Of course not. It doesn't make sense at all.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475771 Sep 11, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
It is what it is.
You believe that fallible men could define an infallible being. And when you get asked questions regarding such, you claim "mystery".
And you think by calling me names will appease your lies?
It doesn't.
Men wrote every Book of the Bible.
truth

Perth, Australia

#475772 Sep 11, 2013
tragedy
what deference between
t rag ged y
Region Gideon=destroyer =tragedy.
rad red rid rod rud
rag reg rig rog rug
gad ged gid god gud
Please tell me why i am wrong my lovely confe.

Puni mi u rog hu huuuuuu as destroyer you will have peace as baterflay batlle as what?
https://www.google.com.au/search...
truth

Perth, Australia

#475773 Sep 11, 2013

Albuquerque, NM

#475774 Sep 11, 2013

You are off-topic. I went through all of this with June.
This forum is not about me or my beliefs.
FYI - when you can begin answering my questions to you with honesty and truthfulness, then I will begin answering your questions.
Do you have something that is on-topic?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>So it is okay for you to constantly ask us to try your theories on whether God really answers our prayers or not,and whatever.
Facts, Pad. Facts.

You get to choose what to believe. I'm just ensure that WHAT YOU SAY, YOU DO, and not apply deception and other feeble tactics instead.

How 'bout something new....try to be honest about what you beleive and stop running and hiding or playing the diversion card.

Yeah, right, huh? Honesty - something a so-called "Christian" throws out with the bathwater and baby.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What you ask is rooted in what you believe,so stop playing games NASL,actually you are off topic,
What I ask is rooted in the fundamentals of belief in Christianity.

a. You refuse to accept "God" inspires everyone, and that "He" is limited in "His inspiration".
b. You refuse to believe in all of what Jesus taught, all because men told you not too. Thus you believe men over Jesus.
c. You refuse to state that man wrote the Bible. Dishonesty at its height. And when you people state this, it always has a qualifier that you refuse to support of show evidence for. Dishonesty and misleading tactic.

Don't whine about what you refuse to do to me, I'm trying to help you better understand your misgivings and bullshite.

All you have to do is be honest with me, yet you seem to can't extend yourself to this level.

And you think you are a "Christian"? Far from it, as it is proven with just these three items.

And you think with pointing out the fact that I am pointing out your failures to achieve salvation, that you are in the right?

Yeah, sure Pad. Keep the lies to yourself. I don't need them.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>because you try to undermine what we believe,and what you believe inspires you to challenge us.
I undermine the beliefs that man has put forth that are false, misleading, uninformed and well.....of man and not "of God".

You choose to believe them.

I've chosen to help correct those errors from 1800+ years ago.

As I can tell, you have a problem with it. Okay, great - way to step-up.

Then refute my statements with other facts and not your assinine personal objection. Show me WHY I am wrong, instead of repeating your mantra of "I do this" or "I do that" or "you are kooky".

You should read your posts from my perspective - as you sound kookier than Clay, but more intelligent than Dan.

Facts, Pad. Honesty, Pad. The truth, Pad.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#475775 Sep 11, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Bummer-
Nice tune, but was hoping for a like 10 hour loop of the theme song.
There is medication for this.

;o)
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475776 Sep 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't really think you were against Jesus being God incarnated. But i sincerely confess....i wasn't 100% sure. Remember there is at least one born again on here who is against the deity of Jesus.
Having said that, i understand the Jews would never think of trying to create an image of God by painting or sculpting, because God is indescribable using a visual. He's the light; love, goodness, Spirit.
But that all changed 2,000 yrs ago, when humanity could now put a face on God. He became one of us. With Jesus, we now were ok with painting a picture or carving of Him. If He appeared today in front of the world, it would be ok to paint another picture. Or using modern means....we could take a photo of him or watch him speak on video.
No doubt with our modern technology we can view the Lord when He returns and so on.The image I am speaking about are the statues graven in scope before God.Which to Him was disdained because of the surrounding nations that plagued Israel,the APPLE of His eye. There was never a decree from God that the manufacture of images,carved,kilmed and so on would be allowed just because His Son is a Human Being.

I do not see Jesus changing the commandments of His Father.Nor do I see Clay, THE APOSTLES changing them either. For daily the Apostles visited the synagogues to continue to share in the Jewish feasts and to keep the Law,and the reading of the Torah in their hearts.Nothing changed from God's perspective of what He gave to Moses,and Jesus came to fulfill that.Which means He did not change one iota of the Torah,but He is the LOVING fulfillment of the Torah,in HIM is the heart beat of the Father to the people of God,the ELECT!

Now if the Jews rejected that,it is upon their heads,but what came to the gentiles from the Apostles was the truth that was fulfilled in both the Torah,and through Christ.The gentiles were from idol-worshiping religions,I do not think Clay, that Jesus introduced to them a myriad of statues and carved images to replace the idols!

If the CC did it,that does not mean JESUS did it.That is more than ridiculous,and alien to the KINGDOM of the Father.You will no doubt be pleased to see the statues of your church,and I cannot fault you on that,but be assured that it is the CC who gave that to you not the LORD God,In His Son Yeshua,within the framework of the Torah,Tanach,the Prophets and the New Covenant of the Apostles!

The Bible is a Jewish Book it is not Catholic! Our roots are Judaism not Catholicism.Our Lord was a Jew,His mother a Jewish maiden,His step-father Joseph a Jewish carpenter. All the Apostles were Jews.Luke was a gentile physician.The foundation of our faith is rooted and steeped in Judaism which is the Elect of God.Nothing has changed in regard to His Commandments,they still exist and tower over the whole of our benediction to the truth of the God of Israel.

Albuquerque, NM

#475777 Sep 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad, show me where Jesus says to compile a Bible.
Something so important as a Bible for the Christian, and Jesus never tells us which Books to put in it? Why is that?
I ask these types of questions and you Catholics call me names.

But when you ask a similar question, it sounds "righteous" to ask?

You are a misleading fraud.
truth

Perth, Australia

#475778 Sep 11, 2013
I am not wrote nothing against you..why should be?
Its words..in beginning is words.

mind is sharp as sword with words..
my mind is not yours
if my mind is not yours
as well not my
what stay in my mind
explain
words string s t ring or strong n=14 g=7 147
whats stay strong 147 represent destruction which nothing exist 1/3

alphabetic
alpha and omega
could you explain that please..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475779 Sep 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You want your confirmation from again your church,that they would never teach such things.I told Clay,that is a stupid question.Why would they teach you not to have idols,and than to worship a statue?But actions speak louder than words Dan, the veneration of statues is very sacred in your church,and I doubt that those cucifixes in your house would be desecrated by you in any way shape or form. You would be really angry if someone even mentioned to you that those statues in your home are not sacred!
I do not fault you,nor condemn you for having such,but I am telling you plain and simple,the CC you belong to has centuries of that sin on them of disobedience for the manufacture of those images,in direct defiance to th First commandment. God is God,the CC will have to answer to Him for that,and with God all things are possible,perhaps one day you will see that happen in heaven before the throne of God.
It's not a stupid question. You only say that because you can't answer it. You know we aren't taught that, and you're in a corner now.

If we believe what you say we believe, why would I fear your reaction to it?

I don't care that I hold differing beliefs with you about the Eucharist, about Mary, about confession, about baptism, etc. I'm not concerned about what you think about them or that you'd react negatively to it.

The commandment is to not worship any save God. Don't make idols. You keep glossing that over. Why? Again, you likely wear a cross, your pastor likely does, and your place of worship likely has at least one displayed.
truth

Perth, Australia

#475780 Sep 11, 2013
Do you stay under cancel of someone?
Did you know every street where they waiting?

Albuquerque, NM

#475781 Sep 11, 2013
It is always good to ask questions that you do not have the answers for.

Unfortunately, one must have accurate information FIRST, before asking the questions.

You have some errors in yours below - let me help strraighten them out for you.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I thought,Clay, Jesus is G o d?
Jesus never called himself "God", thus he didn't consider that he was.
Why do you?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>He knows the beginning from the end,and how many times did our Lord state when confronted by the devil,"It is Written"?
Jesus was Spirit and learned these things, then expressed them the way he thought they meant.

IMO - his 18 missing years maybe clues to why he taught what he did. Some say he traveled to the Far East and learned what true sspiritualism is. Others speculate that he was a memeber of the Essenes, and learned there.

We could speculate a long time on what actually occurred. Drawing any truth from these stories should be guarded.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus no doubt knew that His apostles:Matthew,Mark,Luke,Joh m,Peter,Paul and James would write what they saw and heard from His own Lips and the things He did and TAUGHT.
a. Luke and "Paul" were not Apostles.
b. So did Thomas, but you reject this gospel.

You argument is failing.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>How can anyone do all of this orally,without a written account?
Are you surprised at men and what we can accomplish? Are you afraid of what we can accomplish?

You shouldn't be. Afterall, man gave you your religious beliefs.

Self.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Jews were known for records and scrolls,and you do not think that our Lord would inspire His own through the power of the Holy Spirit,to write down what could be used to confirm what He taught orally?
I do. Although, many so-called "Christians" fail to recognize this aspect of Jesus or the fact that other gospels were written with Jesus as the focal point.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your argument is really shallow Clay,I amsurprised at you.Like the RCC does not have a zillion books for you to read and ponder? And the Lord Jesus can't have O N E Book?
Placing out arguments for Jesus? Are you going to begin to argue why Thomas isn't accepted? What about other inspired texts that contain teachigns by Jesus? Are you going to argue for those to be used too?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475782 Sep 11, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>No doubt with our modern technology we can view the Lord when He returns and so on.The image I am speaking about are the statues graven in scope before God.Which to Him was disdained because of the surrounding nations that plagued Israel,the APPLE of His eye. There was never a decree from God that the manufacture of images,carved,kilmed and so on would be allowed just because His Son is a Human Being.
I do not see Jesus changing the commandments of His Father.Nor do I see Clay, THE APOSTLES changing them either. For daily the Apostles visited the synagogues to continue to share in the Jewish feasts and to keep the Law,and the reading of the Torah in their hearts.Nothing changed from God's perspective of what He gave to Moses,and Jesus came to fulfill that.Which means He did not change one iota of the Torah,but He is the LOVING fulfillment of the Torah,in HIM is the heart beat of the Father to the people of God,the ELECT!
Now if the Jews rejected that,it is upon their heads,but what came to the gentiles from the Apostles was the truth that was fulfilled in both the Torah,and through Christ.The gentiles were from idol-worshiping religions,I do not think Clay, that Jesus introduced to them a myriad of statues and carved images to replace the idols!
If the CC did it,that does not mean JESUS did it.That is more than ridiculous,and alien to the KINGDOM of the Father.You will no doubt be pleased to see the statues of your church,and I cannot fault you on that,but be assured that it is the CC who gave that to you not the LORD God,In His Son Yeshua,within the framework of the Torah,Tanach,the Prophets and the New Covenant of the Apostles!
The Bible is a Jewish Book it is not Catholic! Our roots are Judaism not Catholicism.Our Lord was a Jew,His mother a Jewish maiden,His step-father Joseph a Jewish carpenter. All the Apostles were Jews.Luke was a gentile physician.The foundation of our faith is rooted and steeped in Judaism which is the Elect of God.Nothing has changed in regard to His Commandments,they still exist and tower over the whole of our benediction to the truth of the God of Israel.
What Bible are you talking about? Mine is a Catholic Book. It was the Catholic Church that decided on the canon of my Bible and most of yours.

We are not to worship statues. Having a statue is not against the commandment. I don't know if you are purposely trying to antagonize us like Ox, or if you sincerely believe what you are saying. There is a point in this game where its best to throw in the towel. Your words can stand against God one day and so will mine. I think i've given you enough testimony of how ridiculous it is to falsely accuse me over and over and over again. You say I am wrong, i worship statues. nuff said.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475783 Sep 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your deal Pad? I don't believe for one second that you actually think we're worshiping statues. I know you don't believe this, because i can see from your posts that you are able to put words together and form sentences. Therefore you have at least a 3rd grade education.
Clearly you are purposely taking the first commandment out of context. Use your words, reason, and logic to see what God is against. ok? He's against false gods...the Golden Calf ring a bell? This makes Him jealous.
Does it make any sense to you, that God can be jealous of a statue of Mary holding the infant Jesus? Of course not. It doesn't make sense at all.
AGAIN you fail to see the obvious!The Madonna for one is also depicted in Goddess worship of Isis,Asteroth and so on. The myriad of goddesses that were worshiped for centuries all had madonnas.One of the main goddesses of Rome was a goddess who was a virgin and had a child,Adora. Women would flock to homes where her statue was present to plead to her for fertility blessings,so that they could have children without complications.

The very fact that the pagan religions and so on all used these images and that those images were worshiped angered God.His people would not do that,He decreed,they would not have anything to do with it.But when the Israelis or Jews fell and went after other gods,they put images into their homes. Jewish women wore medals of the goddesses of fertility without complications.

God knew what they were doing,so He punished them continuously.So this same God who punished His people severely for having such inspired His people to reject that which came out of their neighboring nations.SEE IT Clay? The idols had no ears to hear,no eyes to see,could they be a threat to God? Are statues today a threat to Him? NO,but when we break God's commandments that is a threat to HIM. Get to the nitty-gritty on this Clay.

I am telling you that God hates images carved and made to repesent HimHis Son and His handmaiden,because the false religions of the earth did that,and He does not want His people to mimic or have anything similar to the religions HE did NOT A u t h o r!

The Jews are His Elect,whether they today are not living for Him is immaterial to that,They are His Elect,and He will fulfill all HE has ordained in and through them,riht to the end of the age.Jesus is their Messiah!And He is ours to the glory of the Father.

Albuquerque, NM

#475784 Sep 11, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I am not perfect and yes I am guilty also.I understand also that everytime I come here to argue that YES I am in great sin. Do you think I enjoy it??? NO not at all!! Not for one minute!!!The words of my priest saying what I posted to Clay rings in my mind and I am trying to listen to them.Spiritual warfare is a daily battle.The evil one gets his kicks everytime someone sins.He knows everyones weakness and will use that weakness to cause them to fall into sin.WE ALL sin when we come this forum and argue with each other.Christ must have tears in his eyes!And to answer you to as why I am here...well,when I first came to this forum I was looking for Christian friendship.Then as time went by and reading posts and the name calling and the personal attacks on fellow Christians, I got caught up in the drama also.Frankly,I think fighting is a waste of time and no good comes from it.I am tired of it.And guess what, I do spend a lot of time on Orthodox sites and listening to beautiful Orthodox chants.I am happy with my faith as others are happy with theirs.We all feel Gods love in different ways and I except that.
All would not be accomplished without the use of "Self".

Why do you promote this with one post, but also reject it in others?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475785 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
I ask these types of questions and you Catholics call me names.
But when you ask a similar question, it sounds "righteous" to ask?
You are a misleading fraud.
I've answered this question. In fact, I've agreed with you. God, Jesus, nor His Apostles never commanded a Bible be compiled, less alone which Books were to be inspired.

* The Bible is the result of sacred tradition.

* The Christian Bible is from the Catholic Church.

* Jews did not have a set canon of Books until the 1st century. Until this, various Jewish sects had different Books they considered inspired.(see the Dead Sea Scrolls)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475786 Sep 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
ALWAYS QUESTIONS...AND MORE QUESTIONS..TWISTING AND TURNING WHAT EVER IS WRITTEN ...LIKE A SPINNING TOP...
NEVER A POSITIVE STATEMENT..FROM YOU...
JESUS SAID..
Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
~~~
Jas_1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Jas 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Jas 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Questions when answered would prove the undeniable truth...so you duck...

Albuquerque, NM

#475787 Sep 11, 2013
marge wrote:
Why don't the Christians flee persecution?
Comfort in Persecution
22"You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved.
23"But whenever they persecute you in one city, flee to the next; for truly I say to you, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes.
24"A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master.
"Why don't the Christians flee persecution?"

I guess you chose to read verse 23 differently than what it states.

I've come to believe many other so-called "Christians" do this all the time.

My suggestion - slow down a little before responding inaccurately.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#475788 Sep 11, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
These "so-called statistics" are misrepresented, overblown, out-dated and exaggerated (beyond the limits of truth). You "fundies" will say or do ANYTHING to keep your hostility, hate and vengeance "heated up" against Jesus Christ and HIS One TRUE Catholic Church........ The ONLY THING that you have "more of" OX is the same old "National Inquire" (trash talking) articles, written by anti-catholic (hack) writers who are as "desperate as you are" in your (failed and failing) attempt to undermine Jesus Christs (ONLY TRUE CHURCH) that has been Catholic for over 2000 years, and will ALWAYS be Our Lords TRUE Church!!!!
You look good with egg all over your face!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Scales Off 9,397
News Ireland's gay marriage vote was 'a defeat': Vat... Tue Rainbow Kid 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Mon QUITTNER May 25 2015 5
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) May 23 pazuzu 61
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
More from around the web