Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646970 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#475977 Sep 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Words of true wisdom for many so-called "Christians".
Self.
Thansk for posting - it follows along with what the Pope wrote about yesterday.
Thanks! I wonder how many people will actually take the time to contemplate their own behaviors and thoughts.
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus
NASL <Jesus is Lord,He is the Son of God,He is the Son of Man>,Jesus is God Incarnate,not a god,nor part of God,but G o d Incarnate.
Jesus went to the Garden of Gethsemane sweat drops of Blood for the iniquities of the whole human race,and for what He was facing.
Jesus was arrested,accused of many things,his accusers lied and also inadvertently declared His true identity.The high priest rent his clothes and cursed Yeshua.
Jesus was humiliated by the Romans and King Herod,and He stayed quiet!
Jesus was questioned by Pontius Pilate,and later Scourged,spit upon,mocked and crowned with thorns, and of course after the Sanhedrin fought to get Him excecuted,Pontius Pilate sentenced Him to Crucifixion.
Jesus was forced to carry His part of the Cross,and we know He fell down several times,and was helped by Simeon,a Jew from another city.
Jesus was nailed to the Cross through His wrists,and FEET,and the cross was raised to the level where all could see Him in the torture of Death by crucifixion.
Jesus was mocked while on the Cross,and of course His beloved Mother was there and John the Apostle,along with Mary of Magdela and other women.All the rest of the Apostles scattered.Of course we know that Peter denied Him three times,and Judas hung himself because he betrayed our Lord and basically trapped Him for the Sanhedrin.
Jesus was quoted on the Cross as handing His precious mother to John the Apostle,telling the thief who believed in Him that they both would be in Paradise together,"Father forgive them(the world basically)for they know not what they are doing."
Jesus after saying He thirst,and the soldier tried to give Him the vinegar water mix in the sponge,He tried to breathe and He stated"It is Finished" gave up His spirit,died a full physical death.
Jesus was taken off the Cross after the Centurian lanced His Side,of which came water and blood, He was handed over to His Mother first,and later His body was given to two disciples to be taken to another man's grave.
As you know the Sanhedrin pleaded with the Romans to SECURE the grave,lesst the Apostles would steal the Body and claim Jesus had Risen.
Jesus Rose again from the dead by the Father's right Hand(The Father's Power to resurrect),He first showed Himself to the women especially Mary of Magdella,than the Apostles later.
Jesus was fully Risen with a glorified Body,it is not a spirit,but a Body that has both the properties of Human flesh and blood,and also the Spirit,and He sits at the Right Hand of His Father in glory,to wait till all His enemies are placed at His Feet.Jesus has the nail scars in His feet and Hands to prove who HE is rightly in all confirmation to what He both suffered and His resurrection Body.

Now tell me NASL what is it I should believe if I take in all of this and allow His Story here to become part of my life in Faith,Hope and Love?
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#475978 Sep 12, 2013
1.Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2.Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3.Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4.Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5.Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
6.Thou shalt not kill.
7.Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8.Thou shalt not steal.
9.Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10.Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475979 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
No it isn't.
Why can't you be honest and admit it is only a collection of many men's mind?
I know - its hard, but I know you have it within you.
"Get behind me Satan!"
Michael

Canada

#475980 Sep 12, 2013
Why I am beginning to think Pope Francis is much wiser than others before him.....
"For Francis, there is no such thing as an “absolute truth” if that means a truth that can stand by itself “without any relationship.”
Pope Francis -“Truth, according to the Christian faith, is God’s love for us in Jesus Christ. Therefore, truth is a relationship.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/12/pope...
Once again, the Pope provides evidence that we each, INDIVIDUALLY, have a relationship with "God" and not with some organization.
Self.
I now understand how this could be the last Pope to take that office.
NASL says.......Why I am beginning to think Pope Francis is much wiser than others before him.....

Michael says......Yes!..and that angers and confuses catholics even more.

...organized religions of all faiths, have created barriers of hatred between all people. Reading any 10 posts on this forum proves that every time.

"I am right and you are not, and my God is better than your God, never worked before and it doesn't work today.

truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475981 Sep 12, 2013
Why you think pope liked be married?
no
some voice say..

Do you lake me?

o well every lake is nice
you can walk around
as well re-walk

All pope is free.
We say that walk without shoes.
as moj go gol ubice gu gu gu as bird
Are you for sure you not looking from big point toward small as Air.condition..is very hot there..
where in that chinmey huuu huuuuuuuuu uuuuuuu
o black ugljesan si ugledan ugljesa a selo lug u lugu=from ash ptica bird cijucijucijucijuciju
a u ciju in two tree four..see division

its not that as complite love
nooooooooooooooo

my Son
never trust nice lips
trough that hips liars
taunge can put fire and burn all forest and everything

be careful my Son

Did you know why army choose colorful cloth?
-never trust colorful character
'if suffering not teach your mother
then you did not know nothing'

Did Jesus recommend something?
n

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#475982 Sep 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks from the stuff you pasted that the Pope's goal is to lead people to Christ.
You even capitalized it, helpfully.
when are you [people] going to learn that your popes LIE to you?

John Paul II underlined that "the history of Christian piety teaches that MARY IS THE PATH THAT LEADS TO CHRIST,

THE BIBLE clearly TEACHES that people come to God, by the Holy Spirit {leading} or {drawing} them by Way of Jesus Christ. Now I can back my words by what the Bible clearly says, while your pope is nothing but a filthy liar ,indwelled by satan himself.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.john 14:6.

notice that Jesus said by Him, not his surrogate mother.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475983 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Words of true wisdom for many so-called "Christians".
Self.
Thansk for posting - it follows along with what the Pope wrote about yesterday.
Thanks! I wonder how many people will actually take the time to contemplate their own behaviors and thoughts.
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus
You continue to contradict yourself,I imagine that the book or scroll that holds the statement"To know yourself is to know the Kingdom of God."(Jesus) is inspired by God? Yet you want me to deny that the Holy Scriptures are not inspired by God,but just a collection of men's thoughts from their minds?
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#475984 Sep 12, 2013
"What is the definition of idolatry?"

Answer: The definition of idolatry, according to Webster, is “the worship of idols or excessive devotion to, or reverence for some person or thing.” An idol is anything that replaces the one, true God. The most prevalent form of idolatry in Bible times was the worship of images that were thought to embody the various pagan deities.

From the beginning, God’s covenant with Israel was based on exclusive worship of Him alone (Exodus 20:3; Deuteronomy 5:7). The Israelites were not even to mention the names of false gods (Exodus 23:13) because to do so would acknowledge their existence and give credence to their power and influence over the people. Israel was forbidden to intermarry with other cultures who embraced false gods, because God knew this would lead to compromise. The book of Hosea uses the imagery of adultery to describe Israel’s continual chasing after other gods, like an unfaithful wife chases after other men. The history of Israel is a sad chronicle of idol worship, punishment, restoration and forgiveness, followed by a return to idolatry. The books of 1 & 2 Samuel, 1 & 2 Kings, and 1 & 2 Chronicles reveal this destructive pattern. The Old Testament prophets endlessly prophesied dire consequences for Israel if they continued in their idolatry. Mostly, they were ignored until it was too late and God’s wrath against idol-worship was poured out on the nation. But ours is a merciful God, and He never failed to forgive and restore them when they repented and sought His forgiveness.

In reality, idols are impotent blocks of stone or wood, and their power exists only in the minds of the worshipers. The idol of the god Dagon was twice knocked to the floor by God to show the Philistines just who was God and who wasn’t (1 Samuel 5:1-5). The “contest” between God and His prophet Elijah and the 450 prophets of Baal on Mount Carmel is a dramatic example of the power of the true God and the impotence of false gods (1 Kings 18:19-40). The testimony of Scripture is that God alone is worthy of worship. Idol worship robs God of the glory that is rightfully His, and that is something He will not tolerate (Isaiah 42:8).

Even today there are religions that bow before statues and icons, a practice forbidden by God’s Word. The significance God places upon it is reflected in the fact that the first of the Ten Commandments refers to idolatry:“You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me”(Exodus 20:3-5).

Idolatry extends beyond the worship of idols and images and false gods. Our modern idols are many and varied. Even for those who do not bow physically before a statue, idolatry is a matter of the heart—pride, self-centeredness, greed, gluttony, a love for possessions and ultimately rebellion against God. Is it any wonder that God hates it?

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/idolatry-definiti...
Michael

Canada

#475985 Sep 12, 2013
"Pope says even non-believers eligible for God's mercy"
"Francis wrote that "God's mercy has no limits, if you go to him with a sincere and repentant heart. The key issue for non-believers is that of "obeying their consciences" when faced with choices of good or evil. Sin, even for those who have no faith, is when one goes against their conscience."
I wonder why he doesn't limit "God", yet every single Catholic I have ever come in contact does?
http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche/engli...
Why do so-called "Christian" limit "God"?
BTW - side notes:
Pope Francis states -'key issue for non-believers is that of "obeying their consciences"'- which is Self.
Pope Francis states -'Sin, even for those who have no faith, is when one goes against their conscience.'- which is also Self.
Catholics, please take heart and understand the Self, before you automatically discount your Pope's advice - or become the Protestant that you hate.
I can't wait until we get to heaven to see the disappointment in the eyes of Anthony, Hojo, Clay, ReginaM and the others that we made it too!

Their life-long anticipation of personal happiness, joy and bliss will come to a screeching halt when they find that heaven will be much more crowded than they thought........thanks to Pope Francis for clarifying the truth.

Yes, that Pope Francis is a wise old man....
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475986 Sep 12, 2013
liars
Why you laying Holy Spirit?
Where is that Cross with ijri..or INRI?

yeeeeeeee
they try set up as set saint

it is written
saints is less then angels and archangels
your set up law

see your law is not my law as you know it never be for me..
see eye for eye
teeth for teeth
see
another law
Real Creator left law trough space and time
see
time as measure

Do you realize liar is liar as always been liars some as accusers some as prosecutors as well judges and much more?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475987 Sep 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>She has a point and both you and I know it.Its obvious. I was watching EWTN and saw a woman not just praying before a statue of St Peter but very emotionally rubbing the statues foot. The same with the Orthodox. If someone saw me kiss an icon they would think I was worshiping the icon.But the Catholics here can never ever lower themselves to say someone may have a point.. Then a few attack like dogs. Rose was clear in what she said. You played the typical game.I'll watch whatever I want to watch. erhaps you want to talk about those in both our churches that abuse icons or do cross over from veneration to worship of the holy mother. We both know it happens.So take a spoonful of sugar as the medicine goes down.
I knew there was good reason to like you the same as a brother Nick. We can agree to disagree,and I will not pound it into your ear either. But bro,we have a point,and I have heard the reasoning of my Catholic brothers and sisters in Christ till I am blue in the face,they here must think they are the only ones we converse with? NO,hardly.I have talked these things over with priests.
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475988 Sep 12, 2013
first father reject both Adam
Why?

You save trough INRI.

on inri not any stars no

all stars will be dark
dark and blue are which color

-do you trust colorful character

no
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475989 Sep 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Worrying about how someone else regards my religious practice isn't sufficient for me to consider changing my practice.
They can worry about themselves instead.
And believe me I can see that! But that does not take away from the fact that still there are issues,that most likely will never be resolved by us on this planet concerning "Whose Church is the only one.",and the good reason for the fact that we are aware of each other,YET at the same time appreciate each other as well in Christ!

It pains me to see the Chaldean Church in Syria being in the middle of radical Islam's war,you I am sure agree?And I see those brothers and sisters in Christ as being one with them in their suffering,and pray for our Lord to sustain them,and keep His Angels round about them to protect them from the ravages of Islamic fury!
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475990 Sep 12, 2013
whats definition of set up as well falsehood
as your sezame open-yourself in wicket evil 10001 night..

by accuser gu gu gu ubice its bird perspective eye as ash=from hell

-not trust nice lips as well educated liars
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475991 Sep 12, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't wait until we get to heaven to see the disappointment in the eyes of Anthony, Hojo, Clay, ReginaM and the others that we made it too!
Their life-long anticipation of personal happiness, joy and bliss will come to a screeching halt when they find that heaven will be much more crowded than they thought........thanks to Pope Francis for clarifying the truth.
The Pope didn't plow new ground here.

This isn't a new teaching.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475992 Sep 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>when are you [people] going to learn that your popes LIE to you?
John Paul II underlined that "the history of Christian piety teaches that MARY IS THE PATH THAT LEADS TO CHRIST,
THE BIBLE clearly TEACHES that people come to God, by the Holy Spirit {leading} or {drawing} them by Way of Jesus Christ. Now I can back my words by what the Bible clearly says, while your pope is nothing but a filthy liar ,indwelled by satan himself.
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.john 14:6.
notice that Jesus said by Him, not his surrogate mother.
We believe that Mary was filled with the Holy Spirit and is an exemplar for us.

You believe same of yourselves and/or your ministers.
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475993 Sep 12, 2013
a u tri .a etri nuuuuuuu
stratosphere athmosfera troposphera
a cijucijucijuciuju cia ju=ujnice vunice=wolf

Is there Jesus?
What holy scripture say about that?

Who have egg snake or chicken or rooster?

you are this
you are that
o you scribe pharisee snake wolf this or that
po savi
mo savi
to savi
is there Jesus as francis

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo
neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475994 Sep 12, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL says.......Why I am beginning to think Pope Francis is much wiser than others before him.....
Michael says......Yes!..and that angers and confuses catholics even more.
...organized religions of all faiths, have created barriers of hatred between all people. Reading any 10 posts on this forum proves that every time.
"I am right and you are not, and my God is better than your God, never worked before and it doesn't work today.
Michael,what happened to June? Oh you are going to take her place once again? Well that's good.

You assume too much about God Michael,especially for someone who claims he does not believe in Him anymore.

If a Scientist has a formula that he alone created or discovered,and he alone has a patent,I doubt that no matter how many other scientists show up to claim they created or discovered the same formula,they will be able to steal the true rendition or original from the Scientist who discovered it!

You must think God is an Idiot,He created the heavens and the earth,all the planets,He created all that is seen and unseen,and ONLY HE can be given the full credit for what He did.You think that everyone has all the right stuff together to piece the God of their understanding? You claim we all argue and that our argument destroys this fragile world,but the truth is,the misconception and the lies of who and what God is destroys whole nations,Not God,nor His willingness to meet with all of us,to reveal His true character of Love.To give us Hope to look forward to His plan to restore life and order.Faith calls out to Him to act and to give us what we need the most to help not just ourselves but everyone around us.

Michael you go on and on about trying to undermine faith,and at the same time you attack us claiming we dissect God.

And where do you stand in all of this? You must have quite a bit to tell the Creator yourself,I suggest you try it sometime,and stick with it for more than one minute,hour,or day,or even a week!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475995 Sep 12, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael I suggest you at least go half way and become a student of NASL.He has the Self all figured out!
truth

Mount Lawley, Australia

#475997 Sep 12, 2013
evil prince who liked be bigger then god

satanic corupt org.

by

n

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 11 hr South Knox Hombre 7
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 28 Mr Sir 10,166
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web