Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,441
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475671 Sep 10, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Dan no disrespect but my problem with the Eastern Rite Catholics is that is is a false union.I understand that the Eastern traditions that were previously ignored were preserved and protected by Vatican 2. However the Eastern Rite accepts some Catholic Beliefs though they dont agree with them and vice versa. That is not a real union at the core.
Do you have a link for that? I've never heard of such a thing. If that were true, then why would they remain in union with the Bishop of Rome? Heck, everyone around them are Orthodox, they certainly have free will to join yous..

I hope you are not attempting to include minor differences with Rome as evidence of a 'false union'. Because trust me, every diocese in all the Catholic Churches throughout the world, have differences with the hierarchy. Take for example: Priestly celibacy. There are plenty of Catholics who disagree with Rome on this. The important thing is to not run off and start our own Church and call it 'Christian' because of a difference. Breaking up the Church is not the solution.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475672 Sep 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS...
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom_14:23 .......... for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
NOTE
I DID NOT ASK YOU A QUESTION...
I GIVE YOU GOD'S WORD...ARGUE/CONTEND... WITH IT...
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God

So, oral tradition is important-so important that the Bible mentions that, but doesn't mention reading the Bible.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#475673 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you list three specific elements or attributes of "Constantine-ism" for us, please?
Elements of Catholic teaching directly sourced or influenced from Constantine.
Thanks in advance. Always a thrill to be treated to the work and views of a real theologian.
~~~

JESUS GAVE THEM ...AND ANY REAL CHRISTIAN SHOULD BE ABLE TO QUOTE THEM...

THEY READ

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not,

1.but for to steal, and

2.to kill, and

3.to destroy:

I/JESUS am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#475674 Sep 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered my question: Do you have any idea what Christ said must, absolutely, without any doubt whatever, no exceptions, happen for you to enter into Heaven?????
You, evidently, don't know, or you would have replied.
You call God, Father. No one can claim that status as a natural birthright...some are children of the father of all lies...the devil..
Share with us the events that occurred in your life that culminated in you becoming one of His daughters...
Ox I'm sure you are a devoted Christian man..You may have problems that
Are none of my business..But you keep repeating yourself .I pray whatever it is resolves itself

I answered these very questions over and over months ago.

You keep looking for some precise combination of words from all of us .

I have no intention of answering ..if you choose you can read back a few months .

Peace brother ..
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#475675 Sep 10, 2013
The Power Of Affirmation
September 10, 2013 — by Marvin Williams
Subscribe on iTunes
Play MP3 (Mobile)
Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les LambornRead: 1 Corinthians 1:4-9
I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus.—1 Corinthians 1:4
Bible in a Year:
Proverbs 8-9; 2 Corinthians 3During a recent study, 200,000 employees were interviewed to discover the missing ingredient in their productivity. The study concluded that appreciation and affirmation topped the list of what they wanted most from their superiors. This research implies that receiving affirmation is a basic human need.

The apostle Paul seemed to realize this basic need in the Corinthian believers, so before he peppered them with firm words of discipline, he showered them with affirmation. As their spiritual leader, Paul began his letter with thanksgiving to God for the grace being displayed in their lives.

Once far from God, these believers were now participating in His grace through the death and resurrection of Christ. United with Jesus, they were drawing their spiritual life from Him, and the fruit of this union was their spiritual growth in godliness (1 Cor. 1:4-7). Paul deliberately and continually thanked God for His work in the Corinthian believers’ lives. I imagine that they were better able to bear firm criticism from Paul because of his tender affirmation.

When we see people who are obeying God, let’s take time to affirm them and to thank God for what He’s doing through them.

Lord, You are at work in so many ways in my lifeand in the people around me. Help me to encouragemy brothers and sisters in Christ by telling themhow I am blessed to see Your work in them.Praise loudly—correct softly.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475676 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THEY READ
1.but for to steal, and
2.to kill, and
3.to destroy:
I/JESUS am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
I'm afraid that I'm looking for a direct reference to "Constantine" here, GIF.

I don't see it here.

You aren't sitting there making things up, are you?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#475677 Sep 10, 2013
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
This Evening's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"Lead me, O Lord, in Thy righteousness because of mine enemies."—Psalms 5:8.
ERY bitter is the enmity of the world against the people of Christ. Men will forgive a thousand faults in others, but they will magnify the most trivial offence in the followers of Jesus. Instead of vainly regretting this, let us turn it to account, and since so many are watching for our halting, let this be a special motive for walking very carefully before God. If we live carelessly, the lynx-eyed world will soon see it, and with its hundred tongues, it will spread the story, exaggerated and emblazoned by the zeal of slander. They will shout triumphantly. "Aha! So would we have it! See how these Christians act! They are hypocrites to a man." Thus will much damage be done to the cause of Christ, and much insult offered to His name. The cross of Christ is in itself an offence to the world; let us take heed that we add no offence of our own. It is "to the Jews a stumblingblock": let us mind that we put no stumblingblocks where there are enough already. "To the Greeks it is foolishness": let us not add our folly to give point to the scorn with which the worldly-wise deride the gospel. How jealous should we be of ourselves! How rigid with our consciences! In the presence of adversaries who will misrepresent our best deeds, and impugn our motives where they cannot censure our actions, how circumspect should we be! Pilgrims travel as suspected persons through Vanity Fair. Not only are we under surveillance, but there are more spies than we reck of. The espionage is everywhere, at home and abroad. If we fall into the enemies' hands we may sooner expect generosity from a wolf, or mercy from a fiend, than anything like patience with our infirmities from men who spice their infidelity towards God with scandals against His people. O Lord, lead us ever, lest our enemies trip us up!

#475678 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God
So, oral tradition is important-so important that the Bible mentions that, but doesn't mention reading the Bible.
~~~

JESUS SAID

Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures;

for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and

they are they which testify of me.

~~~

Luk 20:13 Then said the lord of the vineyard,

What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him.

THE IS IS YOUR DYNASTY IN ROME

Luk 20:14 But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned among themselves, saying, This is the heir: come, let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours.

Luk 20:15 So they cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him.

What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them?

Luk 20:16 He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it,

they said, God forbid.

JESUS IS THE STONE THAT YOUR RELIGION HAS REJECTED...AND ATTEMPTED TO REPLACE HIM WITH A PEBBLE...PETER...

THUS GOD HAS GIVEN THE VINEYARD TO OTHERS...

Luk 20:17 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?

Luk 20:18 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

QUESTION

WHAT WILL YOU DO WHEN THE REAL STONE FALLS?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475679 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS...
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom_14:23 .......... for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
NOTE
I DID NOT ASK YOU A QUESTION...
I GIVE YOU GOD'S WORD...ARGUE/CONTEND... WITH IT...
How come i have 73 Books in my Bible and you only have 66? Did God tell you to have that many?

You should read some of our Bible. Jesus did:

"The fruit discloses the cultivation of a tree; so the expression of a thought exposes the cultivation of a mans mind" Sirach 27:6

"you will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? So every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit" Mathew 7:16,17

"Lay up your treasure according to the commandments of the most high, and it will profit you more than gold" Sirach 29:11

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and thieves break in and steal." Mathew 6:19

It looks like Jesus Christ believed that the Book of Sirach was inspired. How come you removed it?
truth

Perth, Australia

#475680 Sep 10, 2013
not obey no
let me make clear what Jesus Christ say
o you scribe pharisee this and that to your bos=its without shoes prayers..

Why Jesus say that
not to obey

-how many Gods you have
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475681 Sep 10, 2013
LTM wrote:
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
This Evening's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon
----------
"Lead me, O Lord, in Thy righteousness because of mine enemies."—Psalms 5:8.
ERY bitter is the enmity of the world against the people of Christ. Men will forgive a thousand faults in others, but they will magnify the most trivial offence in the followers of Jesus. Instead of vainly regretting this, let us turn it to account, and since so many are watching for our halting, let this be a special motive for walking very carefully before God. If we live carelessly, the lynx-eyed world will soon see it, and with its hundred tongues, it will spread the story, exaggerated and emblazoned by the zeal of slander. They will shout triumphantly. "Aha! So would we have it! See how these Christians act! They are hypocrites to a man." Thus will much damage be done to the cause of Christ, and much insult offered to His name. The cross of Christ is in itself an offence to the world; let us take heed that we add no offence of our own. It is "to the Jews a stumblingblock": let us mind that we put no stumblingblocks where there are enough already. "To the Greeks it is foolishness": let us not add our folly to give point to the scorn with which the worldly-wise deride the gospel. How jealous should we be of ourselves! How rigid with our consciences! In the presence of adversaries who will misrepresent our best deeds, and impugn our motives where they cannot censure our actions, how circumspect should we be! Pilgrims travel as suspected persons through Vanity Fair. Not only are we under surveillance, but there are more spies than we reck of. The espionage is everywhere, at home and abroad. If we fall into the enemies' hands we may sooner expect generosity from a wolf, or mercy from a fiend, than anything like patience with our infirmities from men who spice their infidelity towards God with scandals against His people. O Lord, lead us ever, lest our enemies trip us up!
Forgive my asking, but does this C.H. Spurgeon own a time machine or is he Australian?

I have the time and date as 9:32pm CDT, September 10, 2013.

You've presented this as "This Evening's Meditation" for tomorrow evening.
truth

Perth, Australia

#475682 Sep 10, 2013
then i walk in light trough vinjard but i see who is on top of hill..gate start opening..

no no no
i don't go in..

is dark there
yeppppppp
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

oh kako me slatko zove dok me neugrabi
e necesssssssss

it is written

-don't lift up soul in vain
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475683 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS SAID
Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures;
for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and
they are they which testify of me.
~~~
Luk 20:13 Then said the lord of the vineyard,
What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him.
THE IS IS YOUR DYNASTY IN ROME
Luk 20:14 But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned among themselves, saying, This is the heir: come, let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours.
Luk 20:15 So they cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him.
What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them?
Luk 20:16 He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it,
they said, God forbid.
JESUS IS THE STONE THAT YOUR RELIGION HAS REJECTED...AND ATTEMPTED TO REPLACE HIM WITH A PEBBLE...PETER...
THUS GOD HAS GIVEN THE VINEYARD TO OTHERS...
Luk 20:17 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
Luk 20:18 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
QUESTION
WHAT WILL YOU DO WHEN THE REAL STONE FALLS?
So, the Romans you posted earlier isn't any good anymore, or is it just less important that these passages and your slogans in this post?

#475684 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid that I'm looking for a direct reference to "Constantine" here, GIF.
I don't see it here.
You aren't sitting there making things up, are you?
THE REASON YOU DO NOT COMPREHEND WHAT i HAVE WRTTEN IS

YOU HAVE NO SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING

JESUS SAID

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot....

see...(literally or figuratively); by implication (in the perfect only) to know:- be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider,(have) known (-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wist, wot.)

... the kingdom of God.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#475685 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THEY READ
1.but for to steal, and
2.to kill, and
3.to destroy:
I am glad your wife is doing better Confrinting, I know you will be glad to have her home, and she to be home with you.
Haven't been around to much. My husband has not been well he is getting better every day. Doctor's are going to operate on him they have him on a fast track for surgery.
The good news is he isn't in pain any more, and getting around pretty good now.
truth

Perth, Australia

#475686 Sep 10, 2013
it is written

wicket going fall

hm hm hm

Are you for sure my religion lesson is not been perfect?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475687 Sep 10, 2013
I think when Jesus said, "search the scriptures" he was talking about Books that Luther removed.

"See with your eyes that I have labored little, and found from myself much rest" Sirach 51:27

"Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden, and i will give you rest" Mathew 11:28

"Forgive your neighbor for the wrongs he has done, and then your sins will be pardoned when you pray"
Sirach 28:2

"And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" Mathew 6:12

Confrint, Old Gee and Preston....are you sure you were authorized to remove 7 Books of the Bible? This parallel by Our Lord seems to imply that He considered the Book of Sirach inspired. As a Jew, Christ was well aware of the words He was saying and most certainly knew they were once said by Sirach.
truth

Perth, Australia

#475688 Sep 10, 2013
my son observe my commandments
listen what i say to you

-i don't sit with rich people
-never sit in first chair
-never trust nice lips, nice attitude and nice suits

-don't listen what propaganda say about you or anybody else

-law of them is not your law

observe what i say and put that in your heart..
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#475689 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgive my asking, but does this C.H. Spurgeon own a time machine or is he Australian?
I have the time and date as 9:32pm CDT, September 10, 2013.
You've presented this as "This Evening's Meditation" for tomorrow evening.
Yes I jumped a day . It the devotionals I read each day.
It is from some of his teachings. He went to be with God sometime ago.
Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Born (1834-06-19)19 June 1834
Kelvedon, Essex, England
Died 31 January 1892(1892-01-31)(aged 57)
Menton, Alpes-Maritimes, France
Nationality British
Occupation Pastor, author
Religion Christian (Reformed

#475690 Sep 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How come i have 73 Books in my Bible and you only have 66? Did God tell you to have that many?
You should read some of our Bible. Jesus did:
"The fruit discloses the cultivation of a tree; so the expression of a thought exposes the cultivation of a mans mind" Sirach 27:6
"you will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? So every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit" Mathew 7:16,17
"Lay up your treasure according to the commandments of the most high, and it will profit you more than gold" Sirach 29:11
"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and thieves break in and steal." Mathew 6:19
It looks like Jesus Christ believed that the Book of Sirach was inspired. How come you removed it?
~~~

YOUR POST IS A RE RUN...THAT YOU HAVE PLAYED OVER AND OVER AGAIN...

THERE ARE TWO SUBJECT THAT YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS INEVITABLY GO TO WHEN YOU CANNOT FACE THE TRUTH...AND ARE PENED TO THE WALL...

One of the subjects

is the one YOU JUST BROACHED

THE OTHER IS THE EUCHARIST...

IN ORDER TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT...

AND TONIGHT YOU ARE TRUE TO FORM...AS USUAL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Jesus saves 8,720
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 10 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web