Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,670
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475629 Sep 10, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Then why continue to argue with them?
To block the spread of slander about the Catholic Church. Somebody has to do it. That's the only reason. Look, these people aint going to be Catholic. Nobody has been provided with the volume of info that these guys have. Yet they ignore it all and carry on. To me, its the saddest display of forced ignorance I've ever seen. I mean, look at Pad, STILL falsely accusing us of worshiping statues.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#475630 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
and the latest or more recent,Mary being the Spouse of the Holy Spirit,raised the radar of all non-Catholic Christians who rely on the Word,and lean heavily on Judaic ancient beliefs that abhor the worship or veneration of images,and human beings.
The Holy Spirit DID descend upon Blessed Mother, and it is NOT ‘most recent.’ Its in Holy Scripture since day one, always there!
Catholics have statues in our churches [and so do other churches, protestant church], b/c they are used as visual tools, nothing more. We do NOT worship statues b/c a statues DID NOT DIE FOR OUR SINS!

Regarding so called ‘new’ doctrine you questioned.[ U see it was always there]

“Actually, doctrines are defined formally only when there is a controversy that needs to

be cleared up or when the magisterium (the Church in its office as teacher; cf. Matt.

28:18–20; 1 Tim. 3:15, 4:11) thinks the faithful can be helped by particular emphasis

being drawn to some already-existing belief.”
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475631 Sep 10, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Catholic meaning universal but NOT Catholic as in your church as you know it to be of today.This is the error that the catholic church has spread since 1054.
I don't think that the Eastern Rite and Latin Rite Churches have big issues with distinguishing themselves to the world at large.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#475632 Sep 10, 2013
Time to make dinner... have a great night.
Pray for peace. <><

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#475633 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The apostles themselves warned the believers to beware of wolves,false shepherds,false apostles and so on,so if the so-called Catholic church started in 33 AD,it was confronted by false teachers immediately,and to what we see today,much of what you practice is part and parcel with those errors and false doctrines.
Even your RCC teachers tell you you do not have to believe or accept everything you hear in your church,and it seems that there is much to filter out,and that is why we have many other Christian churches that exist to the glory of God,not using such practices in our churches.
Not related to this post ..he lives,a,good deal of the time in Jerusalem..his,last book was,about Damascus,and Israel ..meaning it was,written over two years,ago .

All of his,books ..well you'd have to read them ..

His,first book was also ...

You might enjoy this,blog
http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/2013/09...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475634 Sep 10, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>the Protestant Church was founded due to the corruption of your church...
That was the excuse given.

Protestant theology certainly doesn't follow that track. In reality, it was a simple vanity exercise that continues unabated to the present.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475635 Sep 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
To block the spread of slander about the Catholic Church. Somebody has to do it. That's the only reason. Look, these people aint going to be Catholic. Nobody has been provided with the volume of info that these guys have. Yet they ignore it all and carry on. To me, its the saddest display of forced ignorance I've ever seen. I mean, look at Pad, STILL falsely accusing us of worshiping statues.
Willful ignorance is the only possible explanation.

No other Christian faith on Earth lays out it's direct teachings for all to see moreso than the Catholic Church. The Catechism is there in plain sight, as well as voluminous material over the course of a couple of thousand years has been made available, and still we get "you guys worship statues".

I mean, if we DID worship statues, why would I be afraid to tell a protestant we did anyway?

I'm not, because we don't.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#475636 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I thought,Clay, Jesus is G o d? He knows the beginning from the end,and how many times did our Lord state when confronted by the devil,"It is Written"?
Jesus no doubt knew that His apostles:Matthew,Mark,Luke,Joh m,Peter,Paul and James would write what they saw and heard from His own Lips and the things He did and TAUGHT. How can anyone do all of this orally,without a written account? The Jews were known for records and scrolls,and you do not think that our Lord would inspire His own through the power of the Holy Spirit,to write down what could be used to confirm what He taught orally? Your argument is really shallow Clay,I amsurprised at you.Like the RCC does not have a zillion books for you to read and ponder? And the Lord Jesus can't have O N E Book?
I'm sorry you think the Bible is one book. Maybe nobody told you it is a collection of Books.

Do you know what the Gutenberg Bible is? It was the very first Bible ever printed. It was printed in 1452. Martin Luther wasn't even born.

Do you know how many Books were in it? 73

Luther ripped out 7 Books without authority. That's the incomplete Bible you have now.
So much for sola scripture when you aint got all the scripture!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475637 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Art and statuary isn't prohibited in Scripture. Worship of statuary is-idolatry, but art and statuary are not. You all probably sing "The Old Rugged Cross" on Sundays without a second thought, right?
Glad we cleared that up.
Who's "abusing" relics? I didn't understand that one.
Rosary beads help one keep count. The Almighty only gave us 10 fingers.
Purgatory doesn't diminish the Sacrifice of the Cross.
Christ Himself said "And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but he that shall speak against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, nor in the world to come." (Matthew 12:32)
St. Paul in 1 Corinthians 3:11-15:
"For other foundation no man can lay, but that which is laid; which is Christ Jesus. Now if any man build upon this foundation, gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay stubble: Every man's work shall be manifest; for the day of the Lord shall declare it, because it shall be revealed in fire; and the fire shall try every man's work, of what sort it is. If any man's work abide, which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire."
Glad you cleared that up for yourself,and your false beliefs,you are not clearing that up at all for me or the millions of non-Catholic Christians,so keep your clay figures,and make sure you remember that everytime you go into one of your sanctuaries,that above every altar is a statue,wnshrined.The disobedience DAN is not that you may believe the statue is a god or not,but that you erect them to begin with.
marge

Ames, IA

#475638 Sep 10, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
That is Odd because Paul a member of the Church did know. I really dont think when he gives someone over to Satan they would have a problem finding a Protestant church today that would say its ok.
Ephesians 3:
7 Of this gospel I have become a servant according to the gift of God’s grace that was given me by the working of his power. 8 Although I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given to me to bring to the Gentiles the news of the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make everyone see what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in[ God who created all things; 10 so that THROUGH THE CHURCH the wisdom of God in its rich variety might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places.
Yes of course Paul knew because like I said he'd been born-anew in Christ Jesus, and you might do well to listen to him.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#475639 Sep 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You cant stop the slander of your church.People will believe what they wish to believe.What you have to ask yourself is this.Is it worth drawing myself into sin to correct those that do not wish to understand? And the answer is NO...Our priest has told us that when one argues with another that several sin come into play.Wrath and Pride with pride being the greatest sin since it was pride that caused satan from being cast out of Heaven.Being humble and patiences what is more pleasing to God.You must care about your own salvation also..

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#475640 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the excuse given.
Protestant theology certainly doesn't follow that track. In reality, it was a simple vanity exercise that continues unabated to the present.
Then I will do more reading on the subject.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475641 Sep 10, 2013
StarC wrote:
OMG!!
Where is June? Pages and pages without her! I thought I was on the wrong site.
Did she run off with Michael?
Are they on their honeymoon?
StarC, for once I can totally agree with you,and appreciate your post here.Where is she? i sometimes go through whole pages on this thread where June is making comments on everything that comes out of her unique mindset.Yes I never thought that Michael and her could hit it off.Maybe,it is Atheists hit it off match.com . Well I hope the best for them.LOL!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475642 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you cleared that up for yourself,and your false beliefs,you are not clearing that up at all for me or the millions of non-Catholic Christians,so keep your clay figures,and make sure you remember that everytime you go into one of your sanctuaries,that above every altar is a statue,wnshrined.The disobedience DAN is not that you may believe the statue is a god or not,but that you erect them to begin with.
So, your counterargument is-"I don't care that your Church actually doesn't teach that statues are to be accorded divine worship, I just want to say that you do worship them.".

Did I get that about right?

Statues are......statues. Visual depictions. Like the cross your minister likely adorns himself with, and your church likely adorns itself with.

But, it's different for you.

Righto, Pad.

Please cite where the Catholic Church teaches that statues are to be accorded divine worship. Let's get this cleared up once and for all.

I'll wait.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475643 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What errors and false doctrines can you cite for us? One or two will suffice.
The Church does not tell us we don't have to believe the teachings of the Church. What an odd thing to say.
you are not bound to believe in the Apparitions of Mary,but in them supposedly the doctrines of her Immaculate Conception,Assumption,her reign as queen,her intercession which is far beyond the normal intercession of Christians praying for each other.

You are not bound to believe that priests should be celibate,but by Law of the RCC they are celibate by a decree which would take a major move by the whole RCC to change.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475644 Sep 10, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Then I will do more reading on the subject.
None needed as to the claim of "we left as the RC was corrupt".

If one reads up on protestant theology and history (even in a cursory manner), the common denominator is simply this-one guy interprets scripture his own way, gets people to follow him, and there's your denomination. Without fail, every single denomination in Protestantism (starting with Luther) follows this script.

No matter what denomination you look at, you get the one guy at the beginning who started it with his personal take on scripture.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475645 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you cleared that up for yourself,and your false beliefs,you are not clearing that up at all for me or the millions of non-Catholic Christians,so keep your clay figures,and make sure you remember that everytime you go into one of your sanctuaries,that above every altar is a statue,wnshrined.The disobedience DAN is not that you may believe the statue is a god or not,but that you erect them to begin with.
?

You believe a cookie can symbolize Christ, but a statue or painting gives you heartburn?

Glad I don't drive on the same streets you do. You probably think stop signs are evil and should be shunned.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#475646 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your counterargument is-"I don't care that your Church actually doesn't teach that statues are to be accorded divine worship, I just want to say that you do worship them.".
Did I get that about right?
Statues are......statues. Visual depictions. Like the cross your minister likely adorns himself with, and your church likely adorns itself with.
But, it's different for you.
Righto, Pad.
Please cite where the Catholic Church teaches that statues are to be accorded divine worship. Let's get this cleared up once and for all.
I'll wait.
Your lucky I did not go off line,had to give up the computer for awhile,for another family member.

Dan,can you possibly understand obedience in the matter of the First Commandment.Sorry but I adhere to the Jewish bible rendition of the first commandment and the King James,New King james.

Nevertheless,the very fact that the RCC manufactures or makes or molds statues of clay,prop them up on pedestals in their main sanctuaries,and venerate them with homage and respect by kneeling before them,placing flowers and so on before the image,is what G OD told us NOT to do,that is disobedience.

You can skirt around with whether or not your church worships such things,and of course I know that the statues are not gods from another religious system,whatever.

But for instance the statues of Jesus,Jesus is God is He not? Your church is making statues of Him who they have never seen basically,He is not described in the Bible except when He was crucified.God does not want a statue to represent the Deity.Whether Protestants do the same or whatever,does not condone the fact that disobedience is part and parcel of your church from the first day they started doing such.

The whole matter Dan is not idolatry,but disobedience!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#475647 Sep 10, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>you are not bound to believe in the Apparitions of Mary,but in them supposedly the doctrines of her Immaculate Conception,Assumption,her reign as queen,her intercession which is far beyond the normal intercession of Christians praying for each other.
You are not bound to believe that priests should be celibate,but by Law of the RCC they are celibate by a decree which would take a major move by the whole RCC to change.
I'm not bound to believe in apparitions of Mary.

I am bound to believe in her immaculate conception and assumption into Heaven.

Her intercession is.......intercession. She prays for us to Christ. She's the Mother of Our Lord Jesus, so yeah, she holds a special place, but your fellow pewmates do likewise when Pastor tells you Miss Bessie or someone else is sick (I hope).

Clerical celibacy isn't a matter of doctrine for me to believe or not believe. It's self-imposed discipline. They can change that.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#475648 Sep 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We already explained why its called 'Roman' Catholic, Rose. What more do you want? Line 133 of the Baltimore catechism is correct, within the context its used.
Actually Clay I thought we had then Star came up with a diversionary post answering my post of a week ago...

And Said Roman Catholic Was nit in my link ..it was .

Tell her .

.I was done talking bout it as,I know,darn well what I learned ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 12 hr Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 14 hr pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... 14 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••